Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Successful pregnancy after Blighted Ovum?

Default Brendina

Congratulations! It too was very hard for me to be calm when I saw my baby and the hearbeat on my first ultrasound! It is so scary to have the ultrasound but I know you felt soooo much better after seeing your baby!

Congratulations again!!!!!

yay im so glad for everyone! i have my scan in 2 weeks the first one! im very nervous as im not showing and feel no movement at 18 weeks i have no pain or bleeding though and heard the heartbeat at 15 weeks and still vomit often so i have to stay positive! im sooooooo scared!

Smile 16 weeks

I had my 16 week checkup. Heard the baby's heartbeat again and my daughter got to hear it too. She told my husband he needed to bring baby food home. She is so excited! A few more weeks and I get to have an ultrasound and see if the baby is a boy or girl! Hope everyone else is doing well, too!!

mom0f2.5- YAY! im so happy for you! i had to postpone my scan and am booked for the 18th so just over a week away im so scared but get kicks everyday now so i think all should be ok. keep us updated!

I just have to say, I am so glad to have found this thread!!

I was diagnosed with a Blighted Ovum in November last year and ended up having a D&C in December... I have only just found out about a week ago that I am pregnant again and while we are very excited we are extremely nervious and can't wait to have our first scan! I wondered if I should of been feeling the way I was but my thoughts are exactly what everyone has desricbed in this thread.

hayles - hi there and welcome to what seems to have a become pregnancy after blighted ovum thread! haha almost like a belly buddies group! i hope all goes well with you and the nerves never stop trust me! im over halfway and still am scared everyday! its sad how that stupid little sac takes away all the excitement of getting a BFP isnt it.

Thanks...

It just great to know that someone else is in the same boat as me iykwim. Over half way, that's exciting! I can't wait to have a ultrasound to put my mind at ease...

Smile hayles07

I know exactly what you mean. I was so scared when I found out I was pregnant after the blighted ovum. It took us so long to get pregnant before the blighted ovum and then a few months later I was pregnant again! It was a HUGE shock and a whole lot of nerves followed!! I am still nervous every time I go to the doctor for a check up, but I am starting to feel a few little movements here and there and that eases my mind.

I am sure everything will be fine with your pregnancy this time. We are all sticking together and updating each other on our good news. Every little bit of good news helps.

Smile It's a GIRL!

We just had our ultrasound today. I am 19 weeks and we found out it is a healthy girl! Everything looks good and we are VERY excited!!! Can't wait to hear from others.

Default After blighted ovum

Hi girls ! I was diagnosed with blighted ovum 1 mth ago. My doctor prescribed me meds for miscarrige as I refused to have D&C. It was reall shock for me and my husband. We were told to go ahead with next trying for a baby after my first period. We are ready now to try again as I am mentaly and physicly ok. I was just wondering if any of you had similar situation and went to have healthy baby after. ??? Many thanks!

Smile nell30

Hi nell30,

My doctor told us to wait until I'd had 3 normal periods before trying. We didn't use any contraceptive because it took us almost 2 years to get pregnant and I figured 3 months is no problem. To my surprise in 3 months we were pregnant again. I am now 24 weeks and am having a normal pregnancy. Just had a doctor's visit and my glucose test and it is wonderful hearing the baby's heart beat. I am just now feeling confident that this will be a normal pregnancy all the way to the end.

I am happy to hear that you are physically and emotionally okay. You may be a little surprised when you get pregnant again at some fears you may develop. At least I was. Good luck with your next pregnancy. It should be a happy and exciting time.

Hi Momof2.5 ! Many thanks for reply. It's really good to hear that someone went throught the same think as me. I know there is more of us out there after ,, blighted ovum ,, I just didn't realised how commune it was. I just pray every day , that wont happen again . We were TTC only 2 months before so we try to be positive. But deep inside there is this fear ...
    I am so glad to hear that you you and your pregnancy is going well !

nell - hi there! it took me and my DF 18 months to make our "blighted ovum" i had d and c and was told to try after my next period i did and it took 9 months next time round which is still a long time! but am now almost 30 weeks with a big baby boy and all is fine! i never thought it would happen as my DF has very low sperm count and we were booked in for IVF but we did it!

Hi there ! Congratulations on your pregnancy ! I hope all will go well ! It's so important to hear from all of you ... It's a real relive to know that all can finish with a ,, happy ending ,, We are going to start TTC very soon so I will be in touch to let you know. Many, many thanks!

I was glad when I found this forum and all the coments are very encouraging. I had a early miscarige at 6 weeks. Then accidently got pregnant right away, which ended up being blighted ovum. I thought I was 8 weeks but my sac only made it to 6. Ended up having a D & C because I was bleeding very badly. Its only been a little while since my D & C, but I'm going to be sure to wait my 3 full cycles befor TTC again! Of course that is hard when you want a baby now. I'm glad to have read some success stories on here!

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

I know this thread is old but I did a search on Google and it came up, I had a missed miscarriage (ended in d&c) 3 weeks ago and DH and I are gonna try again after 1 natural cycle, I'm already scared about the thought of being pregnant again and being told again that there's no hearbeat, so it is absolutely BRILLIANT to read stories where it all turned out ok

Hi Kit
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. You absolutely can take comfort in seeing many of us go on to normal healthy pregnancies. It did not stop me from being paranoid, anxious, scared, crazy and anything else you can think of from the moment I found out I was pregnant again - but at the 20 week scan all my fears disolved.
    And now I have perfect wee girl.
    Good luck on your TTC journey.
    Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy for your next one.
    Sanchez

Just saw this come up in new posts and just wanted to tell my story!

After 2yrs of unexplained infertility and TTC we had a blighted ovum for our first pregnancies. After alot of u/s and umming and ahhing I ended up with a d&c. I was waiting for my cycle to return but it never did; we'd gotten pregnant sometime in the weeks after the surgery! Bub is now a healthy 3yo and I have gone on to have TWO more happy and healthy little boys, all within 2.5yrs. So it is possible to go on and have kids without anymore blighted ovums

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast