Thread: braxton hicks too early???

Default braxton hicks too early???

Hi,

I am almost 20wks and about an hour ago i started getting braxton hicks contractions.This is the first time i get them this early ,with my previous pregnancies they started in the 3rd trimester.
    Is this normal or should i be worried?
    Has anyone else felt BH this early in there pregancies??

Anyone?????

Hi Rurumummy
    Although it is not commom yes you can get BH at 20 weeks. Providing that you are not bleeding I would say that everything is ok. But if you are concerned then it is worth getting it checked

Hi Alan,

No im not bleeding,and it only went on for about 45min and stopped
    But i will talk to my ob at my next appointment.
    Thank you for your reply

I am nearly 26 weeks and have been getting a few BH contractions for the last 4 weeks, I am fairly certain that I had them this early with my last pgncy too.

rurumummy-
    Hi- although i have no experteese i'm about 22 weeks.. have been getting pains for bout 2-3 weeks... i spoke with my GP and the pains i was discribing he called Braxton hicks... i too never experienced them this early in my previous preg.... he said it was quite common but like alan said as ong as there was no bleeding and the pains stopped then everything was ok... I was getting like stabbing pains, and also like bad period pains.... he said some people experience them early and others dont get them at all...

I was so worried as it felt like the start of my period (i always get bad cramping) i was going to the loo every few minutes to check for bleeding but found with a bit of walking round or even changing positions they soon go away...

Hope yours arent too bad... i would dtill ask at the OB... better safe i say... Good luck

Hi,

Thanks for reasurrance (sp?) jess,mine also felt like bad period pain,i had a real stressful day yesterday so i dont know if that contributes at all.But thank god no bleeding i was also checking every second lol
    They have gone now so i hope they wont come back till the 3rd trimester

I know someone who had them from around 20 weeks right through til now (she's still got I think 5 weeks to go) so they might just come back, and if they do don't be concerned as she's been told it's quite normal for some women.

rurumummy- I've had them quiet often, every few days, also depends on what i've done during the day... GP told me to try the same things you do during labour, the rocking motions, walking, etc I find a relaxing swim or shower help heaps... there horrible pains to have a quiet scary... I've had few M/c so quiet scarey for me but just come to accept them... i find the more i stress bout them the worse they can get... some times they last only few mins others last a while...

Rubbing my tummy seems to help, makes bubs move a bit which also makes the pains ease...

Hope you dont get to many more but if you do its normal... like i said before if they get to bad or your really worried just get checked out cant hurt...

Good luck