Thread: Does the tiredness ever end??

Default Does the tiredness ever end??

I am 22 weeks pregnant with bub number 3. I have a ds 4yrs and a DD 9 years, i work 4 days a week but i am sooooooooo tired all the time, i keep waiting for it to get better but it isnt.

I know with my DS my iron levels were very low, so this time i have been taking an iron supplement to try and keep my iron levels up.
    I feel so sorry for my poor kids as im just to tired to play with them at the moment.
    will this get better or is just a case of not getting the time to rest that my body needs.
    And how long before your due date are you going to start maternity leave, i was booked in for 4 weeks before bubs is due but am thinking im going to need to change this.

Oh, and this is supposed to be the tri when you get your energy back....not!!!!

Maybe you should get your iron levels tested as they may still be a little low even with the supplements.

I work full time in a very busy job and I just don't have the energy to do much housework so am relying on DF to do most of it and I only do things that take energy when I have an energy spurt. Iron tablets did improve my energy levels a little but I still have to have early nights whenever I can manage them.

I'm intending on finishing up 3 weeks before my due date but my OB said that due to the extra risks surrounding my age (42 by the time bubs is born) I could have to stop work as early as 30 weeks. Luckily I will have enough sick leave accrued to cover the rest of the pregnancy as long as I can manage to keep working another 6 weeks which I think I will be able to do.

I'd agree with getting your iron levels checked out too. I'm not feeling too bad considering that I'm having broken sleep at night, either because I need a potty run, or weird baby dreams, or rolling over onto my tummy, or because DS has been so damn unsettled the last few nights with high temps and what not.. but I'm not feeling too bad thank god!!!!!
    Oh, and in regards to maternity leave - I'm due on the 19th/20th july and I am leaving work on the 4th July. Does that help at all? :-)

The whole second trimester i was like "where is this supposed boost in energy?' i have been so exhausted not sleeping well, have a 3 y/o VERY active DS working part time and feel like i sit for 5 min and have to get up and do something else.

I found that no amount of rest seemed to help, the only thing i can suggest is a nice relaxing shower or bath right before bed and try and get a solid sleep. eat well and often throughout the day, drink OJ with your iron tabs as it helps absorb the iron more quickly.

I had one good night sleep last night (my first since bout 22 weeks) felt great when i woke up but it lasted til lunch then i felt even worse after that.

My intention is to finish up work a week before i'm due, i know silly me but i hate sitting at home as i do more work here then at work.

Think you can take maternity leave 6 weeks before you EDD. or longer with a medical cert.

Hi all ,
    thanks for your replies.
    I went to see my GP last night as i was just not feeling right, seems i have picked up a viral infection and have 2 days of bed rest.
    He said my colour is not right , so i rang my midwife to check results of my early glucose test , all results came back good.
    GP has said its definately my iron levels as i look sick.
    So sent hubby to go get more iron tablets. I have to take them with a piece of fruit as i am insulin resistance and the dietician at the hospital has said a glass of orange juice contains too much sugar. Im hoping this will help, once again thanks for your suggestions