Thread: sore groin

Default sore groin

Hello ladies

Another question lol im really lucky to have you ladies to ask all these questions

Well for the last few days my groin muscles have been really sore ( sort of like riding a bike or horse too long etc) it hurts a bit to walk or pretty much move my legs around.... not excruciating pain just aching muscle pain.
    My lower back has also been really painful, i had a problem with that bf prego.

So any ideas ?>

Sounds like you need to rest up a bit more often. I find that a 'normal' shopping trip is enough for me to feel achy in my feet, legs and lower back too. Just means I try to make more stops in the food courts and have some water while I recover slightly!

With the change in gravity (due to the baby bump) it's a natural reaction to lean backwards to compensate for the bump - but that places extra pressure on your lower back.

annieh Guest

Hi sallymarie,

Just wondering if it was definitely muscle pain that you're feeling, and not pain in your pelvic joint (pubic symphysis)? The latter is pretty common in pregnancy, and you tend to feel the pain when walking, pulling on your jeans, swimming breaststroke (i.e. basically anything where you widen your legs).

annie

Hi Sallymarie,

I also had the "horse riding" feeling for the last half of pg. I'm pretty sure it's just your ligaments stretching, in combo with all the relaxin hormone stuff going on. Unfortunately I have no remedies, cos I never found anything that really helped, I just kind of got used to it. I did some preggi belly classes, which use fitballs for most of the class which I found helpful for sore back, but not sure whether preggi bellies are available in SA, although they do have DVD's.

Hi Sallymarie
    I had the exact question about a month ago in the third trimester thread and it is exactly like too much horseriding or too long on a weird bike seat. No-one had a answer for me but I asked a midwife who said it was normal. Unfortunately, I have had it on and off (more on though) for about 6 weeks now and the only thing that helps me is to sit down. One weekend I literally could not walk with the pain, but it improved. I still have it today and am 37 weeks! So I do sympathise- I know precisely what you are feeling!

This is what I've started getting! Started yesterday but on friday I went to a standing only concert then a long walk through the park on Saturday and I figure maybe I need to do less. Darn preggo body!

yeah i am still getting it every now and then.... it lasts a couple of days. I get it if i do to much like you said. But other times I get it for no reason.
    yep pain in the bum prego body lol