Thread: Aches and Pains

Default Aches and Pains

Well...... i didnt know that BH had so many aches and pains associated with them, i thought becouse of my last pregnancy the BH wornt so bad id be right, but these have been going on for a week now and ive had enough, they are that painful at times i wish i could just squeeze bub out just to get rid of all the aches and pains, i have tried everything to ease the pains but nothing is working, when i rang the birth suite last night they told me dont bother coming in till i am having regular "real contractions" every 5 mins and they are lasting for one minute, at the moment the BH are lasting for 3-5 mins and then they fade away to a dull pain. The pain is all over my body from my tummy all the way down to my knees. I spose running after a 3 year old all day doesn't help with the tiredness either. Anyway i just feel like a whinging, whining, nagging, stressball.
    Any advice would be a big help.

Hey there

I know how u feel running after a 3 year old all day I am too! I am 28 weeks pregnant and have been getting bad BH from 25 weeks, the only thing I can say about the pain is I know how you feel, it gets that bad I cant even move otherwise I scream the house down in pain. I find if I stay still and take shallow breaths They go away on their own, its a bit of a pain cause ya cant control them or do anything from stopping it from happening. sometimes I get my hubby to run me a nice hot shower or bath and the hot water helps to relax my muscles, but when they are that bad I cant even move to get to the shower or bath, so maybe some hot towels or a hot water bottle. I dont know of much that can help with the releif of BH. I had them with my 1st too but they werent painful, I didnt think they were meant to be painful until this one. the 1st time I got the cramping in my tummy and down my back the pain was that bad I thought U-OH! Labours commin too early, it really is that painful. Try heat on your muscles to help relax them its all I can really advise, I know how u feel you poor thing.

Danielle

I'm 28 weeks and get into a pelvic squat position (feet 3 ft apart, toes turned comfortably out, squat and relax pelvic floor muscles, hold and breathe deeply) and that helps when I'm in pain. So does cat/cow positions, since I get all achy in my lower back. Poor thing, I hope you feel better.