Thread: Getting Close?

~Belinda~ Guest

Default Getting Close?

Hi

I am 39.5 weeks pregnant, our baby girl is due on 31st December.

I was just wondering how many first time Mums actually went to their due date or over? I was sure I would go early but it doesn't seem the case.

I have really bad pains sometimes down below and it hurts to walk, feels like she's going to fall out! Then the pain goes...

She has really dropped though! I am just hoping she comes by the weekend that's all and I don't have to get induced.

I have heard it's quite common to over due date for first one though but I wonder just how common it is??

i was having lots of pains in my cervix well b4 my DD1 was due. I was also having lots of consistent BH and all the rest. I was adament i would go early but NO. I was induced 12 days past my EDD. I hope your bundle comes sooner than later if thats what you would like.

She will come when she's ready dont worry the waiting can suck though in the final weeks trust me i know

I was due on the 31st December with my first but went on Christams eve.. I had that feeling that the baby was going to fall out for about the last month of the pg.. Best of luck.. At least the weather is nice and cool for you atm, it was a really bad heat wave when I was pg and it sucked...

I was due on the 19th of sept and gave birth on the 9th. They say most first time pregnancies go past the due date, an average of 10 days I think, but there are no rules. I've only had one baby and she came early (thank goodness, too, she was 9lb). I think its better to go by your body rather than a due date - your body's signals to you are far more accurate.

It is so annoying isnt it when you feel something is happening for a few weeks but it doesnt build up into anything? It is driving me crazy.
    Everyone tells me I will go early (except for my dad who says late) and the GP told me to ask them to bring their crystal balls in for him to use cause there is no way you can tell by looking at someone! Some ppl have prelabour for weeks and others have no sign till the day. It is confusing!!! I try not to read too much into things but everyday I find myself analysing all the things my body is doing.
    Hope youre not waiting too much longer ... fingers crossed.

~Belinda~ Guest

Thanks Sazza, driving me insane for sure, just can't go with the flow unfortunately. I hope she comes soon too, thanks for your wishes! I wish you all the best too, you're not too far away either.

Thanks to everyone else for your stories, it was interesting to hear them all.

I went 8 days over due. A girl I knew who was due 2 days before me went a week early, it was her first aswell. One of my best friends went 5 weeks early with her first & 3 weeks early with her second. So you never know when its going to happen!!

I wish you all the best & hope it happens for you soon (since thats obviously what you would like)

Good luck

Statistically first bubs are more likely to be post-dates than subsequent bubs but that in itself is no reason to induce. As long as you are both doing well don't let anyone push you into an induction. Unless there is some pressing and obvious benefit to either you or baby, it just introduces more risks and makes it more likely you'll have a difficult labour.

The end of pregnancy totally messes with your head but try not to get too hung up on the 31st, and just keep reminding yourself that no one has been pregnant forever and baby WILL come when she's ready to come

Your job in the meantime is to have faith in her, and hold off anyone who wants her to fit into their timetable

Wishing you lots of labour vibes and a baby girl very soon!

My obstetrician predicted my daughter down to a T - he said I wouldn't go past 39 weeks and that I'd have a big baby. I had my daughter at 38 1/2 weeks and she was, as I mentioned before, huge (9lb). My partner predicted when I'd go into labour quite well, he thought wed/thurs and my water broke on saturday. So I dunno! :P

Every day before he goes to work my DH asks if I feel anything yet.? AArrgh, I will tell him when it happens wont I? With every burp or "ohh" I do he is looking at me as though a head might come out at any moment.... makes it a bit hard to relax and not feel watched lol.
    I love what Flea said about no one being pregnant forever, that is something to remember!!!
    I keep reading about girls who have their waters break without a warning before and I think I would rather all the little signals in the weeks leading up to it. Much nicer than having a surprise like that in the middle of the shops or something!
    Keep thinking labour thoughts!!!

Wink

With my 1st my waters broke a few days before I was due to see my Ob. And he advised due to there not being much fluid left in there for bub to continue safely that we try for induction.
    She was due New Year Day and was born New Years Eve only an hr before her due date.
    But I have friends who have come weeks before also. Just let your body be your best judge really! Can be literally anytime

~Belinda~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post

Your job in the meantime is to have faith in her, and hold off anyone who wants her to fit into their timetable
    Thanks Flea but it's her Daddy that works in emergency services and doesn't return back to work until 4 January. If we have her before then at least he gets to see her being born. As he is in charge, it's extremely difficult for him to leave work if anything happens. I would not want him to miss out on her birth if you know what I mean.