Thread: jellyfish looking thing= show??

rhyb Guest

Question jellyfish looking thing= show??

ive had a jellyfish looking thing about 4 days ago and since then had intense back pain and niggly (sp?) feelings kinda like cramps on and off since then. should i assume its the start of labour?? im so scared and excited just cant wait for it to be all over!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Sounds like things are close!!! Good luck
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

OOOOHHHHH how exciting!!! My mucus plug came away last pregnancy, (i expected labour to start straight away) labour started about a week later, but it sounds like you may be in some sort of early labour as it is. It would be nice if you found you were already starting to dilate.
    Good luck.:goodluck2:

It sounds like your mucous plug so you could go very soon or up to 3 weeks (that's what my OB told me but I went 2 days later). Good luck!!!

Sounds like your plug to me. You will soon be holding that baby in your arms

Good luck! I lost my plug at 36 weeks, still waiting for things to happen though.

im 37 weeks and about an hour ago i went to the bathroom and found what can only be one thing - my show.. just goo-ey, not bloody or brown at all.
    freaked out a bit and forgot everything i had ever read about it and what i was supposed to do! hubby reassured me and said i dont have to do anything, so i just had a shower and im about to go to bed.

i'd like to know how much mucous there actually is in a plug, so i have an idea if that was the whole thing or just a bit..?

ok off to bed, hope i can sleep, hope i can check this post in the morning! i just want a couple more days before baby!

My plug was about the size of a 20cent piece but a blob, had a bit of blood fresh strecked though it. Good luck you girls!!!

Any news ladies....oh I remember it well, I lost my waters, plug and all and didnt even know I felt niggly and crampy all day but didnt think nothing of it until I started bleeding later that same night and contractions started. Its soooo exciting, best of luck!!

Lisa