Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Dates General Chatter Thread

babybaby Guest

i was due yesterday! but there are no signs as yet! AAARRRGGGHHH

bruky Guest

Thanks for eveyone following my misery of being overdue.....lol

I was hoping to see some feb gals in here...but even happier to see there arent...hopefully Nadine, Kaydee and Wilson are either giving birth or holding their new bundles today

Good Luck lovelies O O

Well Katie, Snowy and I are off for inductions with the next 5-8 hours (me at 5pm Melb time, and Katie and Snowy at 8am Germany time!)

Happy to leave this thread, but also a little anxious about the next 24 hours!

Well looks like I will be joining this thread if today is not the day. I have a really big feeling that I will be here for a few more days though. I am sure there are others out there that are overdue. Fingers crossed I go before next Tuesday as I think that is when they will induce me.

Any way have my drs appoint this arvo and will fill in later.

No such luck, She is giving me till Friday week to go on my own so that is something. Although Friday seems such a longway off. I hope it doesn't take me that long. She did an internal and said nothing whatsoever is happening. How depressing. Although I did ask what time frame can things change and she did say that with #3 it could change overnight. That gave me a little hope.

So no one else is over due?? Must check the April thread front page and see. Thanks girls for looking in on me

you are so encouraging. Nothing happening again today although the phone calls have started. They are being supportive and all but I didn't think there would be so many. Oh well

Now dh is off till Tues it would be great for the little one to show it's face.

I had heard how bad the calls could get but have always been induced on due date to not get them. I was finding today that when the a/m picked it up people automaticaly usumed I was in hospital. Anyway, I am not the first or last to go through it.

Well, I'm officially overdue and wish something would happen, Doc visit yesterday and he told me that things aren't looking likely for a while. My cervix is currently firmly closed :fuming: and we know our dates are solid!
    DH is being fantastic and MIL has decided it is her mission to occupy my time (thank God!) but still hate the thought of waiting any longer. THe doc has booked us in for induction Thursday next week and I'm terrified so we are going to try acupuncture before then. Any advice anyone?
    We just want to meet our baby.

kirsty Guest

Hi Joy, sorry to hear that bubs doesn't seem to want to make an appearance just yet!!

There are some tips about natural inductions methods to be found here, hope that maybe something here will help convince bubs that it is time to come on out & greet the world.

Best of luck

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Where are you located Joy? I know a great massage therapist who massaged myself and another mod on BB and we both went into labour within 48 hours of the massage. Massage is great for oxytocin. She's in East Melbourne and customises the pregnancy massage to suit those who are post dates. Of course nothing is guaranteed though, as full term is actually 38-42 weeks - ultrasound isn't accurate to the day (3-5% babes born on their EDD with a further 80-90% born two weeks before to two weeks after).
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi,
    thanks heaps for your replies, this waiting is crappy, I'd much rather avoid any kind of medical induction so DH and I are both keen to try any natural methods possible. (we've been trying some of those more 'enjoyable' options in the last few days 8-[ )
    We live in Sth Gippsland but would be interested to have that contact for the masseur in East Melbourne as we figure that is worth the drive if it avoids drugs. We have located a good friend who is also and acupuncturist so am waiting for him to let us know when he can 'treat' us.
    We are pretty rock solid on dates, according to ultrasound we were due a week and a half ago but we ignore that as both DH and I are very tall so can expect the baby to be 'longer' than the norm! (they keep saying 'big' but we take no notice)
    The last post I wrote was in sheer hormonal frustration too. Also the doc tells us that the cervix isn't even open yet. Just want to meet our baby. But would prefer it to happen in a healthy natural way. Just a tad frustrated, add to that the girls in April are mostly finished and it's a little lonely.
    Anyway, thanks heaps for your support.
    Just got off the phone to my massage therapist. He is coming to our hoouse tomorrow to try and help things along, at least help me relax!
    Otherwise he is going to look into acupuncture for early next week with another of his colleagues who has experience in acupuncture for induction!

well, still here, waiting, waiting, waiting... hope something happens soon otherwise May will be here and I'll miss out on being with the April baby buddies...............

Hi Fletch.
    been trying all of the above though the acupuncture is currently acupressure, therapist didn't want to jump in with the needles considering I've never had it before. He marked the spots and DH does it atleast once a day. It usually gets a good reaction from the baby, lots of mvt and often stretching feelings but nothing more. As for curries I love them but the last couple of ones I've eaten have returned later, not so pleasant, I've had indigestion/reflux from day one so I have had to tone down the spicy foods which is 'killing me'. Can't wait to eat a good curry again!!!!!!!!
    IKWYM mean about the journey shared. Having chatted with the April guys for sooooooooolong can't imagine not chatting with them after birth so I guess I'll stay with them despite whenever this baby chooses to arrive.

Kellee Guest

Right, well I'm posting in here now, because today is my dd and I really don't think it will be today! Glad to see that there haven't been many posts in this thread - probably means that everyone went on time recently. Although I know Rachy should be in here too if she hasn't had her bub today - she was 11 or 12 days overdue at last count!

I know I shouldn't complain - it just seems like the 'waiting game' is much more tedious this time. I've run out of things to do at home, I've gone for long walks, tried raspberry leaf tea, hot baths and DTD, eaten curry, but nothing is working! My GP thought I wouldn't make it to my next appt (tomorrow), but looks like she'll be wrong. Oh well.

Anyway, hope someone else is in here to keep me company, although I wouldn't wish this waiting on anyone!

Kellee Guest

Ok, feeling a bit lonely now. That's ok. I only have to wait until Thursday for my dreaded induction. Then I can rightfully join the Born in May bubs thread (yes, I know he will be born in June, but that's just tough!) and not gatecrash it like I have been. So there

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

How many days over are you Kellee? As long as you and bubs are fine, you can ask, well tell them, you want to postpone the induction...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kellee Guest

I'm one week today. I was dubious about having an induction to start with, but this baby is getting big and my hips aren't too big, so I think it's probably best to go ahead with it, even though I'm not too happy about it. Hopefully it will reduce the risk of me having to have some intervention that I may have had to have if he got any bigger. That's the plan, anyway... I'm really scared about having a Caesar or forceps/suction, but if I leave it too much longer one of those things will happen regardless. Damn my anatomy... it looks like I've got big hips, but it's really just fat! The hips themselves are not that big. This is the one time in my life that I'm not happy about that!

baby4 Guest

Im A Week And A Half Overdue And It Feels Crappy Is There Anyone Else Overdue That Feels The Same And Wants To Chat

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast