Thread: Should I be Concerned

Question Should I be Concerned

Hi all, I seem to be getting a lot of white mucus and some liquid, not a lot of liquid but some. I have read a few others posts that are about 30 weeks pregnant and they mentioned CM so I am happy with the white stuff as I have had thrush in the past and this is not sore or itchy so I am sure it is CM, but the liquid. I have not had any pain or anything, but is there meant to be any liquid from there? I have a check up next Thursday with my midwife so I will ask her, but in the meantime just wanted to check if anyone else was also having liquid seeps. It is not running out but feels like I have wet myself then it just dries up and then later in the day some more liquid with white mucus (Sorry TMI I know).

Bub is still active and moving like normal, sitting transverse I think, bum to the right, little arms and legs moving all over the place.

How would you know if it was the "Waters"??

Thanks for your input!

Cheers Mecil

Mecil- when mine broke, they were a leaking break. So i was constantly dribbling, and not urine. Call the hospital and ask them straight away. Thats my suggestion, and if it were me its what i would be doing!!!

Hi Mecil

I had the same thing, can't remember exactly when but it would have been around 30 weeks. I did worry that it might be a leak but it only happened over a few days and then stopped. I tested whether it was a leak by putting on a pad and coughing (nothing happened), then by lying down for a while, getting up and seeing if anything had come out (it hadn't). I had read somewhere that this was one way to see if you had a leak. You should also be able to distinguish between urine and amniotic fluid by the smell (amniotic smells sweetish I believe) but this didn't help me much as I still couldn't tell what it was!

I'm sure someone else will post and give you some more info, but in the meantime if it's intermittent and not a large volume, chances are it's just some kind of fluid discharge.

Smile Thank you for your replies

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate it. I will keep an eye on it, it is not a constant thing, just comes and goes. I will try the cough and lay down get up thing.

Thanks again.

Mecil

Hi Mercil
    From your description I would say that it is just an increase in your CM which is not unusual at this time in your pregnancy. Try not to worry I am sure that everything is fine

I had exactly the same thing around 35 weeks, thought my waters were leaking, I ended up calling my obs and went in for a quick check and all was fine, it was just the increased cm, it you're worried it helps to check with your care provider.