Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soft cx and period cramps low on tummy.

Default soft cx and period cramps low on tummy.

Hi all,
    just a question, I finished work last night (thank god) and I started getting bad period type cramps. They were bad enough I took panadine (which didn't seem to affect them) and I still knocked over my drink from the pain. The pain was all down low, but the whole uterus went rock hard. It just didn't hurt anywhere but low down. They eventually faded and I slept ok, but this morning I woke up with pelvic achiness. Bry was low down, but has since moved back up and the pains have lessened, however, when I went to the loo, I have a lot of mucous and my cx is very soft and from what I can tell, it's partially open (around 1-2cms). I know you can be like that for weeks, but I want some encouragement. I was induced with Kat (ended em c/s) and c/s with jess (tranverse lie). I just want my body to do it naturally and I guess I'm prob grasping at straws, but I'm hoping it's going to happen soon so the pressure for another c/s is off. I want to meet my man and I am anxious for things to start (how crazy am I? Esp remembering how painful Kat's labour was!!!!!!!!!).
    What do u guys think? Any estimation on how long left? hehehe
    I'm an impatient woman I know. But I so want this baby VBAC2 and I so want to know my body CAN do this! By it'self!

Sounds like your body's getting ready to do it all by itself. Fingers crossed.

been feeling sick last few hrs and m/s tablets haven't helped. I'm feeling like I just want to sleep. I'm grumpy as heck and when I go to loo and wipe, I am getting lots and lots of thick yellowy clear CM. Chunky and lots of it. I know what the plug looks like, and it's not quite that, but I do remember I had this before my waters broken with Kat and My plug came away with the waters. I'm also feeling like I need to do number 2s a lot this morning, but I don't. I feel the urge, but when I sit to go, there's nothing there to do. Sorry about TMI!

ALAN? Anyone??

Ring the hospital if you're worried otherwise I'd get as much rest as I could. Have you got someone who can look after the girls for a while?

Nope. hehehe. They're going down for a nap soon. Just finishing lunch so...

Hun, that's how I felt with Oskar!! I think that your body is gearing up for your little man to meet you. I felt I needed to go to the toilet but like you there was nothing. I felt "weird" the day before I had him. I actually didn't lose my plug and needed my waters to be broken as he was in distress but I did have a successful VBAC! I remember my tummy hurting like you are describing. I only had this in the hours before he was born though and I felt like I needed to push about 1 1/2 after first thinking I needed to go to the toilet.

I hope that this is the start for you!! It sounds encouraging to me Sending lots of fab vibes your way!!

kat it all sounds as if things will be happening soon! All the best darl

Kerrie, is bub engaged yet ?? If he wasn't at your last visit, by the sounds of it he is now. That could account for the extra pressure in your bowels. Also the extra CM is perfectly normal in late pregnancy.

Your cervix never fully closes up after having your first baby. The fact that is is opened and very soft is a great thing. Is it still posterior- tilted towards your bum, or facing more towards the front ? The front is where we want it.

Good luck hun. It sure does sound like your body is getting itself ready to birth your little man.

It's too high for me to feel very wellm but I think it's still posterior. I should get off BB, I'm menat to be resting hehehe

oh and what's with these hot flushes???

Ooh hunny sounds like your body is getting ready!!!

Kerrie, but you are resting. While your sitting down on BB you aren't running around after the girls.

I think u r about to go Kerrie! GL hun

Katkins,
    Im just like you. I had bad pains too, and my cervix feel like its not tightly closed either like it once did before. I have a posterior baby too. I also felt the same back pain the other day as I did with the labor of my last posterior baby. I think you just have to not worry unless you loose your plug, have regular contractions or your waters break. I told my midwive yesterday this, and she didnt seem worried. If you really seem worried just ring the hospital.

Its hard not to worry when you are so close to reaching 9 months. Yes it seems your body is getting ready for the big day.

Good luck with your Vbac.

bubs isn't posterior, it's just my cx that is. Bry is being very active again now as Daddy came home and started rough housing with the girls. I think he wants out so he can join in! hehehe

Wow! how exciting, sending lots of labour dust your way!

well Dh has said he thinks I'm still around 2 wks away. Things have settled down a bit now so just taking it one day at a time. I'm looking forward to meeting my little boy.... Just have to try to be paitient. Not my best trait. hehehe

I'm surprised DH didn't offer some 'natural' way of bringing on labour if you know what I mean. He missed a golden opportunity there hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast