Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: very emotional pregnant lady here!!!

kate83 Guest

Default very emotional pregnant lady here!!!

Hi every one, I may sound so ungrateful but i really need to have my little cry. Sorry if i offend anyone. I'm 34 weeks pregnant, bub has engaged so i am sore with pelvic pain and cant stop going to the loo for 1s and 2s!
    I'm up all night in the loo and cant roll over because of the pelvic pain and last night was the absolute worst night i have had in a long time. I had that bad h/b in my chest i thought i was going to die. Because bubs has engaged i thought i would be able to breathe easier, but not the case as bubs heals are digging right up into my rib cage constantly. It is very painful and i just feel so hopeless now. I dont want to feel like an unhappy pregnant woman cause we tried for bub for a long time but at the moment, i just feel so over it. I know im still early, but im so tired cause i have a 4 year old as well. does any one have any quick fixes for heart burn? I have been eating antacid tablets all morning and keep burping but no releif. my stomach is just too sore to even touch. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

kate - don't know which part of the country you are in but have you got a pool you could visit to float in for a while and let the water support your pelvis and stomach for a while and let you relax the rest of you. Sometimes I find milk helps with heartburn. Is there anyone who can watch your four year old for a few hours while you do this so you can just bob around rather than having to watch them too. You have every right to whinge - this stage of pregnancy can be really trying. Hope you find some relief soon

Enchanted Guest

Milk helps me with h/b too, so maybe give that a go.

Hey Kate I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, just a hug
    Hang in there darl!

I was just going to suggest milk too, I found it was easy to have a quick drink of milk in the middle of the night rather then have to stay awake sucking a lolly. I suffered the pelvic pain with my three PG's and remember crying with frustration and pain. I'm sorry I don't have any answers to make it feel better, I found using pillows gave good support but annoying when trying to roll over.

Yep - I was going to say chocolate thickshakes help my hb.

Kate- I use milk or babana smothies 1h before i go to bed that seems to help... also i just started using "quickeze chewy's" i got mine from a servo but i'm sure supermarkets would have them. I tryed the "rennies" but hate the chalk taste.... these are ok in taste.... Also try not to drink fizzy drinks or juices at night.

As for the pelvis pain i'm starting to get that now... its horrible i never had it with my first (DS 3y/o)
    I'm almost 27 weeks and am getting tired of the pregnancy.... although i love being pregnant its harder then the first time as my DS is very active and i'm constantly on my toes, my legs are cramping up and the muscles wont release for few minutes making it extremely painful...my legs, ankles and feet are swelling, the H/B and also the nausea has started this weeks again... i feel your pain too hun and your further them i am... just try relax when you can... The idea bout the pool sounds great we have a pool and it helps with the leg pains, swelling and also just gives your back a break... (DS loves it too) Just keep thinking 'not long" your closer to the end then it may realise... good luck

With the pelvic pain I hear you!!!! best thing ever is the pool....lets you get the weight off your pelvis!!! I almost cry every time I roll over in bed it's excruciating! has been since about 27 weeks or less. It's getting to the stage now that even sitting or laying wrong can hurt terribly...

I also have a pair of heels digging into my ribs...have been since the pelvic pain started...not fun! my ribs are sore and bruised as it's only one place that the little terror likes to dig in to and it does it with supprising regularity

The pool helps, trust me!!!

Go see your Dr or pharmacist about your heartburn - you can take Zantac, well I have been, but check with them regarding your specific circumstances. also try and stay away from anything too acid or irritating - OJ, tomatoes, Indian etc

I would maybe even take some panadol?

I know it is best to avoid drugs unless you really really have to but you sound so miserable I think you need some extra help. IMO if you are completely miserable it does nothing for bub.

Have you seen a physio about the pelvic pain? I had Sacro-iliac pain from about 14weeks, it got really bad around 20 weeks I saw a physio have been doing my exercises they gave me and it is so much better. It still hurts at times but I know to rest it and wear my brace if going to be doing anything that will trigger it. Some days I am pain free! Of course I am not exercising or doing anything too much - besides housework and the usual.I found a body pillow helped too. Mine is just a straight one from Kmart around $50, includes a pillow slip.

Chocolate is medicinal too

I hope you can get some sleep and feel better soon. Everything is just so much harder to deal with when you are tired.

have you tried tums for heartburn? I found they were the nicest tablet to take for heartburn, you can find them in your supermarket and they are suitable for ladies who have passed their 2nd trimester. Im sure you have a multitude of pillows at night, but i find two under my head (good for the heartburn), one supporting me under my tummy, one between my knees and one to cuddle often does the trick..(even if hubby can't get anywhere near me!!). hang in there though!!you can do it!!.
    I also know that fruit tingles can also taste yummy and be great for heartburn...mmmmm fruit tingles....mmmm

[email protected] Guest

I also have h/b that keeps me up at night. I have tried every product on the market but have found Mylanta Double strength to be the best. Also sleeping more upright and not eating to close to bedtime is suppose to help.

For pelvic pain I wear a brace (a huge elastic belt) that really helps. My physio says that it can be worn 24/7 and it helps to keep the pelvic bones more stable. It was $25 from the physio and has been worth every cent. I hope this helps. If it is at all possible it would be great it you could go and see a physio as they will have some great advice.

I feel for you and though it feels like forever now, it will be over sooner than you know.

mmmm, i have had bad hb also. i find that gaviscon really helped me, and my OB recommended it so it must be ok for bubs. i had hb at about 25-27 weeks then it went away, starting again last week. it does still wake me, but i find if i have a swig of gaviscon when i get up and go to the loo at night, that really helps me.

i cant offer any advice about the pelvic pain though, sorry!

Hi Kate83,
    I did suffer with bad reflux and hb and found Renny tablets to be ok. For something completely outside the square though, I began seeing an accupuncturist/chinese herbalist several weeks ago (not for hb, but for gestational diabetes) and was given an "interesting" mix of chinese herbs to take 3-4 times daily. It's totally done the trick for the reflux/hb ... haven't suffered with it at all since taking the concoction. Tastes like crap, unfortunately, but you only take a small amount and wash it down with water.
    Anyway, an alternative suggestion if the usual pharmacy stuff isn't working.
    Good luck with everything, hope you feel better soon.
    Andie

Oooh Kate, I'm so sorry

I'm no help on the h/b side of things or the pelvic pain but I do hear you on the whole 'over it' feeling, with other children under your feet too. I'm 36wks tomorrow and my DH is away for work, has been for a week and a half, still got three to go. It's killing me! I feel terrible for moaning as my kids really are generally quite good and it's tough on them too at the moment. I'm guessing seeing as you have a 4 y.o, (I have a 3 & 4 y.o) that like mine, they need and want to be active and busy during the day which at this stage of pregnancy (and esp. with your pains!) is REALLY hard to contend with. I'm sorry I can't help but just wanted to let you know I understand on that level. Good luck.

xxx

Hey Kate, I can relate on the HB. I was taking Rennie, but they stopped having an impact, so I started on Zantac. Was the best thing I ever did (well almost!). You can get a small pack from the supermarket or larger packs from the chemist. You take it whenever you feel the symptoms starting, or if you know you are going to get it regardless of what you eat (a glass of water could bring it on at my worst) take one before you go to bed. NOthing to chew or suck. It actually prevents the symptoms, rather than taking something after the symptoms have started.
    Good luck with them!

Hi Kate,
    I can completely sympathise with you!!! Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this...
    As for H/B, not sure if it's medically proven, but thick-shakes and ice-cream seem to be ok for me...
    Pelvic pain, I take panadol and have a bath. Also found that rolling a towel up and putting it under one side of my back (normally my right side) helps me...
    The kicks in the ribs - I have them myself and really haven't found a solution, but I try to breathe deeply (although that sometimes hurts too!!!) and if I change my position, sometimes bub changes his...
    As for the crying... I had a big cry to my best friend this morning because everyone keeps commenting on how 'big' and 'swollen' I am... Just what you want to hear when you already feel like [email protected]!!!
    Take care hun - hope you feel better.
    Lily

Hey Kate, I thought Iw as reading my own post then.... I feel for you mate, I have been the same for last few weeks... sux doesn't it...

As for HB... Zantac... I have been taking it about 1/2 hour before bed everynight with a big glass of milk... seems to get me by most of the night.

As for the pelvic pain, try to keep your knees together as much as possible, especially when trying to move in bed, I have been keeping a pillow between them too, just for a bit of comfort... helps a little...

HTH a little... your on the home stretch now... (I wish I could give myself advice sometimes!!!)]

Good Luck

Hey Kate

dont apologise lovely...no matter how much we all adore the growth of our babies it is hard work in the last trimester.

Zantac is a drug that requires a script, and is not a completely safe drug to take in pregnancy. Not to freak anyone out , but there are different groups of drugs that are rated for pregnancy and their affect on the developing baby. Panadol for example has no reported cases of adverse affects and is safe. Zantac is in the next group, where there are potential for problems, with some cases of side effects reported. Then there are the last 2 groups, one that has known side effects that can be taken and the last group that is a big no no in pregnancy

there are a number of natural therapies that will help to alleviate heartburn and reduce pelvic discomfort (which is due to rapid baby growth in the 3rd trimester , head engaging and relaxing of the pelvis)
    reflexology
    acupuntucter
    osteopathy
    chiropractic
    yoga
    Of course ensure that whoever you see is expereinced in the care of pregnancy

I have a few yoga poses on my web page (free to download) that will help with your discomforts. Also really focus on opening your chest to release the pressure on the diapragm, and reduce heartburn.

hope this helps
    take care of yourself

x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast