Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To wax or to shave that is the question?

OMG you will have had bubs by now !! congrats

I couldn't imagine ever shaving down there! It would be way too itchy yeah? Before I was pg I had brazilians with the hot wax (not the premade strips but from the warmer) and I found that to work really well as long as I exfoliated as well!

With my births.. BAH! I don't care about how hairy I get as I know the midwives don't care. Their job is to deliver a healthy baby not to gawk at your pubic hair hehe. I probably wouldn't go while I was heavily pregnant based on the fact that it's SO uncomfortable laying on your back... actually I think I had a wax early on in my pregnancy and that was bad enough!

We were all given a pamphlet the other day at our classes saying that the hospital did not recommend any type of shaving, waxing or creams to be used 'down there' close to giving birth, their concern was purely from an infection point of view.

I will be going au naturalle as I really don't think they could give a toss about how hairy my vajayjay is, the only think I may do is get DH to give it a 'general' trim with some scissors so the hairs aren't as long, don't want bubs to get stuck in a jungle

LOL yep, I agree, au natural is the way to go. Infection is serious... and hospital staff don't care unless you get infected and then they'll probably think you were silly worrying about fiddling around in that area in the first place.

yeah, the way I see it, we have hair there for a reason

I dont think it matters if you dont do anything with it ... honestly, that is the last thing on your mind (eg what the doctors and nurses are thinking about your bits!!) when your giving birth! That said i have always shaved and didnt have any problems with infections etc and i had 2 small stictches .. no probs!

I use a cream that takes 5 min and it's done I love it!!! no itching no waxing...5 min and it's all over!!!

I can't stand it when my hair gets long as it pulls and is too hot!!! I hate having it get tangled in my knickers so I tend to cream it off and then let it grow back to a little length and repeat the process...

I waxed with DS, there's no way I could see down there to shave lol!

Hi girls, After having my baby 4 days ago I started with waxing 2 weeks before the c section, and any ones I missed the midwive used a special electric shaver to cut off the rest. No infections here. Not itchy or messy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123