Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you start to buy yr baby stuff!

Just do the big stuff (cots prams etc) before your tooooooo tired and big because you may not make a quick decision just to get it done and end up with someting not quite right. The rest I did bits at a time. Have fun it is very very exciting shopping for first bub!!! Oh and don't get tempted to go overboard at first with gimickie stuff that you will unlkely use. They really don't require that much!
    Good Luck Happy Shopping.

DoubleK Guest

i started buying PINK things after our 19week scan, then after xmas when i was about 5 months+, we bought all the bigger items. when i bought clothes, i bought up to size one, which came in very handy because they go from 000 to 00 to 0 so quickly, that it was good having them there ready to wear!

i basically got everything except the cot and mum is getting me that after xmas at the jan sales. i just love buying one baby thing each time i go shopping it has made it heaps easier and easier to afford. so it isnt one big lump sum.

I have bought bub a couple of tops and some modern cloth nappies in smaller sizes, thats about it...I still have everything else I need from my others.....oh except a car to fit us all in...I guess with 13 weeks left we should start looking

We still only have a pram!....waiting for the sales too,(so I hope they are good this year) I almost need a decent check list of what is the most essential gear to buy for your first baby.

We bought the big things - cot, change table, duchess, carseat etc in July (due Feb). We've accrued clothing and cloth nappies in the last 4 months in particular. We have no toiletries for the baby yet, a shower in January and I'm still wondering what I should pack for the hospital. I have some things - we are having a water birth at Selangor, Nambour (fingers crossed).

Kanda- if you go to the website of major baby shops, they generally have one you can download- i got mine from babies galore.
    We went through and crossed out what we didnt want/need and also marked things that we would need but not till a later date- like high chair, then when people asked what they could buy we showed them the list. It worked out really well.
    Hheeee it had stuff on there that I never knew existed and stuff I didnt even think i would need!

I feel like I left it a bit late- I'm 32 weeks & only just bought the pram, cot & change table. The shop where I bought them was quite worried about getting the gear in before I'm due. In the end, the gear's expected arrival date is 4th Feb, & I'm due on the 18th- so should be ok, but I just felt a bit rushed & all of a sudden realised that bub is actually nearly here!!!!!!!

We didn't really start shopping until 28 weeks for the big things - we were both a bit superstitious, I think. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and we have the cot and changer (both still in boxes), the pram and the carseat. Prior to 28 weeks I bought some clothing, nappies, and linen but even then it wasn't really before 20 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12