Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Food

Default Alcoholic Punch

8-[

I have written down the recipe for the non-alcholic punch LMAO, can someone give me one with alcohol in it now

Love

I suppose you could use soda water instead or one of those flavoured lime mineral waters... I actually don't like ginger ale on its own but I like it in this punch.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You could make the non alcoholic one and just add champers to it

Melinda Guest

Default What are you having for Christmas Dinner?

Will you be having a turkey with all the trimmings? Or perhaps it will be seafood??

We will be having turkey, roast vegies, ham etc etc! =P~ Christmas Dinner is always with my family so Mum will be doing all the cooking - and she does an awesome bird! You can't beat them........

I'm in charge of dessert, but I've yet to decide on what it will be..... but it will be something chocolatey (no surprises there! LOL)

Seafood!!! My dad is a fisherman so we get all the big lobsters and prawns! Yum!

kirsty Guest

I seem to recall a dead easy one that I'm sure was just a bottle of nice fruity red wine & then lemonade added.

But like Bec said maybe just make the non-alcoholic one & add some champers or vodka or the like to that.

Will probably be ham, turkey and cranberry and salad for us. Dessert is always trifle and Christmas pud with custard. Depending on finances DH may get some prawns.

Astrid

Melinda Guest

I seem to recall one that involved soaking the fruit from the punch in the alcohol first..........

Perhaps my memory is a bit fuzzy on this because the punch was so good?! ROFL 8-[

Turkey and Beef for xmas lunch with all the trimmings. Left over meat and salad platters for tea that night

Love

kirsty Guest

A bit off topic but has anyone else tried soaking watermelon with vodka & then eating it???

All I can say is YUMMY ~ especially on a hot day.

Christmas eve dinner with DH's family is always a mixture. Roast, veges, salad, a vege lasagne thrown in, and biryani (his family is anglo indian). But this year, we're skipping all the cooking fuss and going to an indian restaurant - still don't know what i think of this idea yet.

My family is always roast, ham, seafood, salads - but desert is definitely pavlova and trifle - my nanna HAS to make them, it's just not christmas without them.

Bel

No idea, I am hoping for a big seafood pig out, but the other day I overheard *eavesdropped* & this lady said they always have Croissants with ham, cheese & tomato for brekky with a glass of bubbly & now I got cravings for that! (not preg cravings!)
    But lunch might be a BBQ with seafood etc & then we might end up having platter type nibbles for dinner (we kinda drink more than we eat!!!) 8-[

Waffles for breakfast (new tradition starting this year as I got my waffle maker this year), then the big traditional (late) lunch with all the trimmings & seafood! Then I'm making the ice cream cake from SFI for Christmas day, and we'll have fairy floss ice cream in it from Baskin Robbins

THEN nighttime is just cheese & nibbles, leftovers etc.

Then Boxing day breakfast tradition is ham & cheese croissants with champers (how funny tracey, we've done this for years!)...

So thats about it...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Well, I was just going to do roast chook & vegies with some yummy fruit & choccy cake for dessert, but some clever person suggested turkey, so I'll have to check that out next time we're at the shops

cazoraz Guest

We have the whole traditional English dinner, turkey, ham, yorkshire puddings YUM!

With my family our Christmas dinner will be on Christmas Eve this year as my mum is going to the UK to teach for 12months and has no house to host Christmas day on! We are eating at my sisters hwo lives nearby and doing our normal trradtions of taking a walk to see all teh lights on the houses, and watching teh Carols by Candelight on TV while we all sing and try to outdo each other!

Christmas Day will be at DH's house, his mum is a great cook and again we will have the full English dinner (his family is English so there really is no other choice!) Each sister brings something to contribute, I am bringing a pavlova for dessert and a big bowl of punch from our family recipe.

I love Christmas!
    xxxCaz

Default Christmas Party Foods I can make ahead of time...

I have a Christymas Party this Sunday & 3 kids birthday parties on Saturday, so I want to know of any recipes I can make ahead of time...
    Not only that but the Christmas Party is at my cousins which is about 1+ hours drive away so not something that needs to be held on a lap or anything!!! something easily transportable!!!
    It's my Mums side of the family & there are over 80 people gonna be there, so most people bring some cooked chicken etc, so something easy finger foodish & a dessert.... or something... I dont know open too ALL suggestions!!! But need to make it probably on Friday night, a main/savoury & a sweet I guess!??? AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH #-o

Janie Guest

Make a variety of mini quiches in muffin or patty cake trays. Really easy and just throw anything in - ham, corn, sun-dried tomato, mushrooms, cooked sweet potato etc. Top with a little cheese.

I freeze these and take them to work - just pop them in the oven when you get there or even the microwave. Actually they are great cold too.

Sausage rolls made with Turkey mince instead of sausage mince and served with cranberry sauce? Just get some Turkey mince, some onion, garlic, a herb you like (ie parsley, rosmary, thyme etc), salt & pepper and mix it all up together then make sausage like shapes that fit onto some puff pastry (cut each piece into half and place the sausage down the middle). Fold the pastry over, and cut into sausage roll sizes, place on lined tray and wash with milk or egg (you can even dress with sesame seeds or similar if you like) then place in a very hot oven and cook until pastry is only just brown (but cooked - about 20-30 mins) that way when you reheat the day after it won't over brown. Allow to cool on the bench and then refridgerate till you need them the next day then cook at about 180C for about 10-15 mins Serve with a cranberry sauce (I'd just by a jar of cranberry sauce and whizz in the blender or stab blender so its smooth like tom sauce)... YUM!

Dessert well theres lots of things, you could do a trifle or you could do individual ones in throw away plastic cups just use some jam roll get some ready made custard (the browns one is pretty good) whatever fruit you like, fresh or tinned (I use fresh strawberrys and soak in a little fruit juice) then just put a slice or two of jam roll in each cup, a splash of brandy, some fruit, some custard and some cream then decorate how you like. And if you have kids you can make christmas jellies in red & green and instead of putting chocolate frogs you can use chocolate cadbury elves instead? If I can think of anything else I'll let you know!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast