Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deceptively Delicious

I just use a hand blender too with no problems. And instead of pureeing once a week, I just do a double batch each time so that I am slowly building up a stash.

Thanks guys! I'm definately gonna get it then! Ooh...I'm all excited now. I don't really cook much but I've looked at some of the recipes on the website and it looks simple enough that even I could handle it!! lol.

Ok I made the brownies yesterday and I can taste the spinach. And smell it!! uck!!

Oh no SaraJane we were going to make them tomorrow! Maybe we're going to have to do something else....

Last edited by River; February 18th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.

I know, I was looking forward to them, on Oprah she was all amazed you couldn't taste it. I don't know what she was on about. I can taste it, taste like veggies!! lol. And when I open the container I can smell it heaps!

ETA- Thanks River, I will have to try it with peas next time!
    I'm going to make the devilled eggs with carrot this afternoon for DH when he gets home from work.

Were they cold? I remember reading the recipe saying you could taste the spinach while they were still warm.

Yep, I waited till they were cold. Tried another one this morning to be sure, still not good.

Bummer

Hey River, how did you work out the quantity of peas/carrots for it? Did you just use the same as for spinach?

Last edited by River; February 18th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.

Oops forgot that part LOL! I might do a batch of each & freeze some if they are both ok. I told Zander he could have some for preschool so I can't back out now!

I just bought this book last week but haven't cooked anything yet. Very excited though my kids are soooooooo fussy.

I made the chocolate brownies and only added;

1/4 cup spinach
    1/4 cup carrot
    1/4 cup pumpkin
    1/4 cup beetroot

and they were devoured!!

They were really nice! Having said that, I am not a sweet freak but my kids and friends loved them too so they mustn't be too bad!

I also made some pink pikelets (added 1/4 cup beetroot to a fabulous wholemeal apple pikelet recipe I have) and the kids ate them so fast and were begging for more! Next time I am going to try adding some pumpkin.

I am glad someone has tried the choc chip cookies - they were next on my hit list!

Our brownies are in the oven!! Zandr loved the batter, so here's hoping once it's cooked he still likes it!! He knows what's in it too because he helped do the pureeing & the actually making of the brownies! Did everyone else use fresh spinach? We aren't spinach eaters so I bought a little box of frozen spinach at Coles this morning. It was perfect, made a cup of puree so one for the batter & one for the freezer.

Choc chip cookies are next on my hit list too, for pre school next week

Yep, I used fresh spinach.
    I hope they turn out better than mine, I liked the batter too, but for some reason I could taste it when they were cooked?? Weird!
    I made the deviled eggs with carrot yesterday and DH loved them!!

I'm hoping even if I don't like them Zander will!! I just had a thought, I might have to explain to preschool what they are though JIC they think I am sending him with a regular brownie LOL

How were the brownies Sarah??

Hey, has anyone made the Chocolate Cake with Beetroot?? I was thinking of making it this afternoon but want to know if it's nice first!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast