Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Krispy Kreme finally coming to QLD!

Default Krispy Kreme finally coming to QLD!

Just saw it on the website - finally!

*Nessa* Guest

hehe now they just need to come to adelaide.

BTW be prepared when they open for hour + wait. My friend in syd said when the forst one opened up there the line was out the door and down the blook and they had a drive thru too which the line was wrapped around the car park.

OMG, Yay & we move to QLD soon....yipeeeeeeee. The only reason I dont fuss if I ever have to go via Sydney Airport!!!

we waited about 2 months to go to KK for the first time after it opened just to avoid the queues!

yay on it migrating though - that's my treat after going to melb - kk on the way home!

Ummmm the website said one was opening in Melbourne but it then took over a year to actually open.

1 hour? I reckon there were thousands here when KK opened in Melbourne! The line queued across 2 carparks ... there were police horses ... then hour-long waits were common for almost the first 2 months! (but the first to queue to get through the doors got fee KK's for a year or summat)

Personally I can't imagine why people waited all the hours they did at the Fountain Gate one when it opened. They really aren't that good - they're nice enough, but a bit on the dear side unless you buy in bulk - and I only like the original glazed ones - not the fancy ones. Give me a hot cinnamon donut from any of the regular donut places anytime.

My husband is soooooo excited! When we were in Sydney earlier in the year he made us go to KK EVERY day! He raves over the glazed, but to be honest I don't get the big deal! I hope that when they do open here (rumoured to be the first half of 2008) that they are on the other side of town just so he isn't tempted to "drop in" for a snack. Neither of us need that!

*makes gagging noise*

12-20g of fat in each one of those donuts - plus it's just a really crass manifestation of american consumerism

We have one at our local shopping centre now so I am not as addicted as when they were a rarity LOL

nice albeit very fattening fad/marketing exercise IMO
    caz have you ever had one?

When they're hot out of the machine, they are just melt-in-the-mouth goodness.

Dusty -yes I have had them and the glazed are the best. The trick is to microwave them for a few seconds. Not that keen on the other flavours either.....

When Mum comes up from Sydney she would usually bring us a box or two from the airport- I just put them in the freezer.

Kirsten - LOL. Ye I hope they are not "too" close by either....and with our GD would not be good to eat them at the moment...in saying that I had a few rock cakes yesterday....

Caz

ahhh i have never had them hot.....

WOOHOO! Thats good for a few people I know Like everything some people either like em or hate em. I love em but its something you only have every once in a while, as they are a "treat" iykwim? We have a store around the corner from us and I think the last time I went there was about 6 months ago?! But I would hate it if they disappeared And I agree hot off the conveyerbelt is the best. My fave is the chocolate glaze that they brought out at easter last year... its identical to original but the glaze is from chocolate instead. YUM!

when i lived in the states my fav was 'new york cheescake'!!!!!!!

oh my it was sooooo yummy!!!

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Still reckon DUNKIN DONUTS are much yummier than krispy kreme !!

Had em in USA & CHINA, ... Have more interesting choice of filled donuts & they melt in your mouth & remember were cheaper too !!

Please some1 bring em to Aussie-Land

Dinkum Donuts used to be in the Valley in Brisbane years ago. Closed down now.

We have Dreamy Donuts up here in Brissie. They seem to be similar to KK. I can't tell the difference anyway!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast