Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter - August/Sep 2005

Shane pulls ours out too and shows it to people as well Deb. I have to say it makes me feel kinda proud.
    I just bought an 8x8 album for mum. I'll do a few pages before I go over, and then just send her more as I do them. Like 5 pages for her birthday etc.

Debbie Lee Guest

That's excellent Fi! And you should definitely be proud of your album. What I have seen was awesome - far better than what I could ever do.

Nothing sweeter than the proud Daddy showing off his wife's work. WTG Girls.

Mel that is totally ripped off I reckon, what a crock, and I can see that less people will have demo's with the incentive gone. Most people just have the demo for the album. Oh well, the pages sound lovely! I was looking at pics of Jessica the other day at 2 mths and couldn't believe how tiny she was.
    Cheers Michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

They grow pretty quickly, hey Michelle??
    I got the vellum yesterday too. Thanks for that! I have already printed out some stuff and just have to add it to the pages. It was exciting to start using some of the fonts that I have downloaded (I have become obsessed like you, Sarah!).

Mel - that's a bugga about not getting the album! I am with Michelle, they make it too hard sometimes.

yeah i'm so against buying anything from the creative memories consultant now cause she should have been more up front with me in the first place - my friend & i would have ordered heaps but instead i'm getting things cheaper on ebay & hopefully will luck out on an album

i need to ask a question about pens - i have been too scared to use anything yet as the consultant kept plugging the benefits of CM pens - is there any kind of special pens i should be looking for? i had a quick look at some the other day in Big W with their scrapbooking stuff but really have no idea & i don't want to ruin pages by using the wrong type of pens!
    thanks for your help

Great Deb, that was quick. Did your ink dry ok, or did you write on it?

Mel- we sell Zig writers and we have been assured by the rep these are photo safe. They are what I use too. They retail for around $3.95 a pen. We have some but they aren't listed atm! I will let you know when they are on if you like so you can go take a look. We have been starting them on auction at $2.00. Prob won't have them listed till next Tuesday I'd say.

Nothing special happening over my way, I think I need a scrapbooking fairy to do some pages for me, or I could try sleep scrapping!

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL @ sleep scrapping, Michelle. Yep, printed on the vellum and it dried ok. I was quite impressed actually. I set the printer for transperancy so that's definitely the go.

Just wanted to let you know Mel, I listed some pens on Tuesday, they go off in one week, email me for my ebay user id if you are interested in taking a look! Same goes for anybody else who is interested.

I actually got off here last night and cropped 8 sets of pics ready for scrapping. This is a good thing for me, cuts down my time on the scrapping end. We haven't scrapped at mum's for over a month. Must try to organise it for this Monday night, at least I am sure to get something done then. Jordan was asking today about her starting scrapbooking, but I don't want to give her any of my pics !LOL. I will develop the film she took and hopefully there is some pics on there she can do something with!

Cheers michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL @ not wanting to give Jordan any of your pics, Michelle. Good job at getting some photos cropped - ready to go.
    I am, once again, at the point where i need to wait to get more photos developed. I did pretty well to not do too many pages this time around. I want to make sure Gabby's album has an even distribution of her first year and not just a whole bunch of her first 6 months!

I think what I might do is a "comparison" page where I have some baby pics of Neil and I and some similar ones of Gabby. Now... to get Gabby to sit in the same pose.....

Good luck with the posing Deb! I saw a lady did somehting similar with her DH and DD's pics. She actually had the blanket her DH had laid on and dressed the dd in woollens (morre applicable to her DH's era) and it was really good. And such a resemblance bt the two as well.

I was looking at all 4 kids pics last night and I am gobsmacked at how my children are almost identical to each other as babies. I am about the only one who knows which is which cos I took the pics! I was nothing like my siblings, but my kids are the spit of ea other. Jemma was heaps fatter in the face, but she was the biggest baby at 8lb 4 and the others were 6lb 10, 6lb 13 and 7lb 8. So that is a big difference. it kills my dad cos he hates people saying 2 kids are alike but there is nothing to be said cos they really are.

I am trying to get Jordan's bday pics done, as well as some events...i.e first steps, baby show, kids day out to see the wiggles in 1997, riding her 2 wheeler for the 1st time, her first netball team. I am trying not to get bogged down. I started working through each age but I got bored. i have done 1 pg so far for jemma and none for Jessica, so if aI could get the bdays and that other stuff done I wuld happily move on! lOOL

Cheers michelle

mooshie Guest

i was thinking now i am feeling better i should get back into my scrappin, so i came on here to read and get inspired lol.

just a note on the creative memories album - i spoke to my girlfriend last week who is a consultant and she said yes now you have to get so much in sales in order to get the album which is a bummer but i can understand from the consultants point of view - what was happening quite a few people were having home classes and were already into the scrap booking and had most things so they had a class just to get the album for free and they found that no-one was spending any money - i have a feeling i may be wrong (must ask my friend) but it might be like tuppaware and stuff were the actual consultant "pays" for the gift/album and not the company iykwim - just thought i would clarify it all a bit.

well now i am inspired i may get my stuff out tonight - although the grand final footy show is on i may do both lmao - hanging to see the players review yum yum hope shane crawford is on so i can drool lmao

Hey everyone, hope we are all having fun scrapping.

I am having a scrapping day today. Off to a girlfriends to scrap all afternoon. I have joined a circle journal group, which is pretty fun... do you girls know what it is? Basically is a group of people that make a small album, have a theme for each one, do a layout and pass it on to the next person on the list. It's make me scrap plus stretch my skills.

That sounds interesting Nell, I sort of don't understand though! WHat happens to the layout you do? oes everyone else get to look at them and do you get it back at the end? How did you get onto that grp?

Cheers michelle

Sort of hard to explain but I'll do my best. There are 13 people in the one I am in and we all start with a small journal, do a layout, then send it to the next person on the list, they do one and send it on. You do one layout in each of the 13 (inc your own) and they each do one in yours. You get your complete journal at the end with 13 different peoples layout in them. I think its great!

I think they are everywhere but I joined one online. Let me know if you need more info of where.

I'd like more info Nell, I know it's in Melb but I might be able to find one up here?

So do you end up giving your pics to other people and they keep them? LOL Sorry nell I am being painful!

Grand final day and I had thought that I may do some scrapbooking this arvo, but a friend and his 3 kids are here so didn't happen (oh and the guy next door is here too!) Oh when will there be a day invented specifically for scrapbooking?

Cheers michelle

Got it in one Michelle!

Sarah - will PM you after this.

Actually, found this on the net, this may help explain it a bit more:

PICKING A THEME FOR YOUR CIRCLE JOURNAL
    You may pick any theme you would like for your circle journal. Once you have your theme, you need to pick a journal. I am not going to specify a size for your journal – please choose whatever size you would like to work in, or feel comfortable with. Just remember, it has to be mailed around, and the larger it is, the more the mailing will cost. I would also suggest a journal that is spiral bound, as these are easier to work in, but
    whatever is your preference. Please be sure that your theme is stated, and explained if necessary, somewhere in or with your book. This will alleviate any doubts.

THE CIRCLE JOURNAL PROCESS
    Everyone forwards their snail-mail address and e-mail, them the hoset will forward a mailing list. We will mail our books out by a set date each month. In other words, you will work in your book and then by the set date, you will mail it to the person below your name on the mailing list. You will then receive another book, work in that, and mail it on the next set date. (Yes, you CAN mail a book out earlier if you're finished with your spread.) You will always be mailing to the same person.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast