Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Parents General Chatter - Dec 2007-Jan 2008

ooohhh Dee that's awesome news. Congratulations and all the best.

Hope your reconciliation talks are going well Brendansmum. Best wishes.

Hey there Lea, I remember your story from the beginning of your pg, glad to hear you're going great guns.

Nothing new... no date yet...

Awesome news Dee

Thanks Divvy... we are definately into the "dating" stage. I'll be looking for a place of my own soon... thats scary business!

Take Care

Divvy, I was wondring how all that was going?? Still keeping up the phone conversations??

Lea, I remember your story too from way back...Glad to see your happy

brendansmum, moving sucks!

Definately, but it means I'm going to have my own space, so it's totally worth it. since Brendans birth I have moved 3 times, this will be my fourth (once i find somewhere) At the moment i'm living with my parents, while this suits us all now I dont think it will once mum finishes work (she does seasonal) I think we will be in each others hair, and start to get on each other nerves. that's why I moved out of home in the first place!! Although there is Brendan now too
    Take Care

mummycate Guest

I need to find somewhere to live once I save up again after my wisdom teeth surgery. Ellie's dad is in Sydney and I'm in Brisbane. I don't think I can afford Sydney, but custody will be easier. But I would prefer to have Ellie most of the time, as this swapping will be so disruptive. And Brisbane is much cheaper. WDYT?

Thats a tough one Cate. You need to do what is best for YOU and Ellie. If living in Brisbane means you are better of emotionally and financially then go for it. Dont live in Sydney just because Terry is there. IMO he has to make his own way to see ellie. You can't keep running around for him.

Lol I knew there'd be a few people who would remember Not a story people forget quickly. It obviously didn't end well even though I held out hopes for so long. But oh well onto bigger and better things eh?

That is a tough one Cate. You need to go where you can be financially secure and where your support network is.

Brendansmum I wish you all the best with the reconciliation!

Dee Wow! That is a big move! I know how you feel - its only been 2 years here but it would so strange to have someone else around all the time!

Divvy I've been following your story as well. You're very inspiring and gee you make me laugh!

thanks Lea

So far so good. I have to ask him for some money to help with brendan, because he's just gone up a clothes size and I dont have much that fits him.... lol. good thing its hot and wearing nothing doesn't matter!!!

Take Care ladies

Hello.. I've made a few posts around introducing myself, but would like to be involved in this thread too! I am not single as I have a partner, but I'm no longer with the father of my son and hence go through a lot of the same struggles.
    Regan

Hello Regan... Welcome to the thread

Hi Cate,
    Brisbane definately is a LOT cheaper than Sydney. I could never afford to live in Sydney. What's your current arrangment with your ex?

Hi Sally, and thanks!
    I know what you mean about living at home.. I did for the first year and a half or so because I was better off financially living with my mum. But she was so controlling over Ruben and we fought heaps. Moving out was the best thing ever!

Sally - what size clothes are you after ? I still have some things of Alex's taking up space if you want them ??

I have a question / need an opinion - there is this man (lets call him A) who used to come into my work every week and we would have the pleasant 45 second conversation ( I work in a petrol station). A couple of weekends ago friends and I ran into him and two of his mates at a local pub. I actually met up with my friends there after work, so I didn't get there until almost midnight and I was the driver, so only had two drinks.

Anyway, one of my friends had told one of his friends earlier in the night that she fancied him, the man, A. So two hours go by, many drinks are had, a bit of dancing and talk amongst his friends and my group. 'A' talked about his kids and himself and did not mention a wife or girlfriend and did not wear a ring. I came right out and said that I had been in hiding for 10 years and this was my first time out again. So, we get to the going home bit and my friend is waiting for this guy, A, to ask for her number which he doesn't.

Anyway, again - tonight I came across his mobile number on a website he has connections to and was thinking of sending him a text. What do you recon ? I feel a bit like a stalker What if he is married, and his wife has the phone, I'd feel like Shane Warne !

TIA,
    Barb.

Barb,
    Brendan has just gone into a size 0. but only for length... the 2 piece sets he's still in 00 and even 000!! I'm pretty sure I've got enough size 0 for now, it's just singlets.... Nigel's sister and mum were going to get some so I should be right for now, thanks

About "A" I would text him, whats the worst that can happen? he write back and say sorry not interested or sorry i have a wife?? Theres no harm in trying!

I think I've had enough of trying to reconcile, I love him, but I seem to be the one doing all the work. I'm the one running around meeting him and I'm the one starting random sms convo's I feel like he's not interested. He becomes interested when it's time for bed.... thats not fair on me I told him how I felt last night and I'm going to give him a couple of days to think about it, if nothing has changed/ gotten better by the weekend i'm done with it. I'm wasting too much time and energy I could be using for myself!

mmm, hope everyone else is good
    Take Care

Barb,
    If I know were you, I'd probably wait til he comes in next and flirt a bit or ask for his number then. I'm not sure, but he might get a little freaked that you got his number off the internet. I don't mean this in a rude way at all, so I apologize if it comes off that way.

Sally, I think that's a wise choice. You can't keep doing all the work and putting in all the effort and get nothing back. You deserve more.

Hey huys, how are you all going?
    Just reading about needing clothes and stuff, i have a whole garbage bag here of clothes, some boy and some girl that I was going to take to the salvo's cause they are too good to throw away but didn't know what else to do with them.
    If anyone needs anything let me know what sex and size so i can send them on! The boys stuff is mostly under size 1, the girls is more like size 3 - 5, but let me know!

Dee that is a wonderful offer. Em is in a size 1 or 2 now - boy they grow fast!

Things are going really well here. Gearing up for the start of the uni year, spending lots of time at the gym getting fit. I had been hoping it would make me energetic again lol but its made me more tired so I'm off for blood tests to see if anything is wrong.

DS is just gorgeous. Growing more and more everyday. Its amazing how quickly he is growing!

Just in case you all didn't know there is a closed section for single parents now. So if you want to request to join we can start a chatter thread in there if people are more comfortable?

I joined that one lea, just havent seen much happening there!
    Gotta fly, going to be late to work otherwise, will be back later

Well Brendan and I have been in Melbourne for just a little over a week and LOVING IT!! I needed the break and I think i'm finally working myself out.... hmmm. Brendan has been so good. he flew really well too... very pleased

Hope everyone else is well I think I might check out the closed section when I get back from here... and who knows maybe things might work out??

Take Care

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast