Thread: making body scrub

Talking making body scrub

hope this is in the right area, has anyone made their own body scrub??? i have the rock salts and heaps of essential oil and have thought about making my own for hands feet etc... but not sure how!!

Jols, I think I've heard of making one with honey and sugar etc? Maybe google it and see what you come up with

Whenever I am out of scrub and I need a quick fix I just use honey and raw sugar. Don't think that you can make it up ahead though cause the sugar might desolve. I do find that the sugar and honey seems to work better than anything else that I buy in the shops and leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth.

I use vegetable oil and sugar.2 parts suger to 1 part oil (or whatever consistency you prefer). Somtimes if I have any I add coffee grounds too for the caffeine.

I just rub it on in the shower boefre I turn the water on cos it's a bit messy.

I second kim's suggestion of oil and sugar.

I put some sugar, a few drops of essential oil for smell and a tablespoon of oil then rub it on in the shower but without the water running. Oil leaves a nice film on your body. (I just use vegetable oil, but I guess that sweet almond oil would be better).

This is incredibly cheap, much more so that store bought ones. I also use it as a hand scrub.

awesome thanks guys!!

The best (and cheapest) beauty product I have come across is a scrub I make myself - oats. Just dump a heap of oats in a blender or food processor and blend till fine and you have one of the best scrubs around. I use this (so does DH) on my face and my whole body and it is particularly good if you have eczema or psoriasis as oats have healing properties. You can also add ground almonds which makes it a bit smoother and a couple of drops of essential oil eg lavender.

and if you are reaaally lazy you can mix some sugar or salt in with your moisturiser......