Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maxi dress for a wedding?....

Question Maxi dress for a wedding?....

I have a wedding in about a months time and its a great excuse for a new dress! I have seen quite a few that I love and quite a few are maxi dresses, which Im not too sure about for a wedding. The others are strapless and knee length.

For starters Im short 5'1 so would be wearing killer heels so Im not sure if it will look right??
    Also what if the bridesmaids have short dresses on?
    I think I will feel out of place with a full length dress when they are wearing shorter ones (I have a feeling they are!)

I love them but am just unsure and dont want to feel out of place, plus it will be the first time in a looong time since being pg and having Iz that I get to glam up! - although Im sure I wont be the only one I guess!

What do you think!!???

I went to a "semi-formal" wedding on the weekend and there were girls wearing maxi-dresses (and the shorter version of the maxi-dress).

It all depends on what the dress code is I guess.

Have you seen the new silver shoes that are out? Nine West I think, they're gorgeous. Put a dressy belt and shoes with the dress and it should be OK I'd think.

Ooooh I have a serious problem with shoes!! Hee hee! Will get the dress then go shoe shopping - havent been to Nine West but saw some gorgeous ones in Shoe Biz today *drools* Might have to look there too. Yeah the dresses Ive seen are pretty dressy - Its a formalish sort of wedding - at a golf club, figured with nice heels and some nice big earrings it might be ok.
    Last edited by Beach Mama; October 30th, 2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: serius speling isues ;)

Maxi Dress sounds perfect - I adore them - totally right for the day.

Okay I'm so not fashion conscious. What is a maxi dress?

im with dan lol! i have no idea...

Have a look at Jeans West - they're long, billowy dresses with spaghetti straps and a kind of a triangle over the boobs. Very long.

Yep long and flowy - perfect for covering up a multitude of chocolate and baby belly :P- but I have seen a few that are strapless too - gorgeous!!!

I'm going to have a sticky nose when I'm out and about today. I've got a wedding coming up too so if it covers up baby belly I'm totally interested.

Tan - i am going to a wedding in Nov and cannot wait to wear my beautiful new maxi dress!! It is strapless so going to get a lovely long necklace and a few bangels (sp?) to wear with it. Not sure on shoes - was going to wear heels, but i might get some jewelled thongs instead because i will probably get more wear out of them. I can use them to dress up jeans and summer dresses.
    I was a bit worried that i might be too dressed up but because they are in fashion this year, i dont think it will be over the top. Let us know what you end up buying

Tan we want a photo of you all prettied up in your dress.

Aw Dan you will have to wait a month! Wedding is on the 1st and I promise o put some pics on my site! First to find the perfect dress!

Enchanted Guest

I have a wedding the same day too Tan and I was thinking of wearing a maxi dress! ROFL

Its not in Barwon Heads is it? - how funny would that be!??!!!!

I'm a patient woman tan. A month is nothing. Don't forget though.

I got my Maxi - whoo hoo! It's pink with burgundy stripes with bits of yellow and orange on it -(thats sounds disgusting!! ) from Jeans West and the best bit is it makes my huge milky boobies not look so big plus I can breastfeed Iz just by dropping it off my shoulder! Yay! Now I just need the shoes and gorgeous jewellery and I'm all set!

Enchanted Guest

YEY Tan! At last.... can't wait to see pics

Ps. It sounds gorgeous!

It's sounds awesome Tan. I'm with Dani. I can't wait to see a pics but I am willing to wait until you have gorgeous shoes and jewellery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast