Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mi-Essence Organic Skincare Chatter

There doesn't seem to have been any chatter for a while so I hope it's still okay to pop in and have a rave.

Well after going to a skin care party and looking at all the ingredients and thinking "do I want to put this on my face?" I decided to take a look at the Mi-Essence range. My sister (Bathsheba) visited recently, and kindly left me some Garnet scrub to try. I think it is a great product, it leaves my skin feel soft and clean without the dried out feeling that other products have done. So I decided to try the Balancing range and buy some more Garnet scrub, I placed the order late Friday afternoon and it came the following friday mid morning, not bad service I reckon So I had to try it straight away, I can say that I enjoyed reading the ingredient on each bottle and the fresh smells as I applied them. Products that I have used in the past left my skin feeling like I had just applied paint stripper, this time using the Balancing range my skin was left feeling silky smooth ,moist and fresh I would definitely would recommend this range to anyone looking for a natural, gentle product. I used it last night and again this morning and love the feel and smell of my skin, I will come back at a later date to report how I am going.

Default sun screen

S'Rose,

I apologise for the delayed response - I don't know how I missed the email and was just reading the threade when I spotted it.

Sunscreen is called Reflect Outdoor Balm and is under bodycare. It has the best vanilla smell.

It is SPF 15 - well that is all ONE Group is allowed to put on it - if they want to go higher, it will cost them sooo much money to do so - so they have stuck to SPF15....however, it is waaay more than that. I reckon it is higher than 30.......do you get higher than 30?

I used it over summer and when I used it....no sunburn.

It is really fabulous for kiddies as well because it has no nasties....

Thanks Tracey...

Another quick question...
    My 13 yr old step-daughter went for a facial with me and we have been advised that her skin is super sensitive and reacted really quickly to the product used.
    What I was wondering was would the sensitive skin version of mi-essence work in this situation. I don't want to get her something that will hurt her and make her frightened to put things on her skin. At this stage she uses nothing and heading into teens I think its important to have her in the habit of caring for her skin.

Any feedback would be most welcome in handling sensitive skin as I have never faced this issue myself.

Cheers.

Update: I'm still using the Garnet Scrub and loving it!!! I stupidly bought another exfoliating scrub inbetween my last 2 tubes of GS and it just didn't compare... mental note to self: don't try to economise in this department! Stick with the best and the best exfloliator I've ever used is MiEssence's! I'm also still using the deodorant: Tahitian Breeze. It's lovely and reliable and compliments my perfumes as it has citrus notes like they do.

RoseHannah: glad you used and liked the scrub... their delivery service is fantastic. I live in a major city so usually recieve the order within 2/3 days of placing it online. A week is pretty good for your rural location sis

Anyone else tried something new?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

S'Rose, my friend Tracey who got me onto this said that only one person she knows has had a reaction and I think it was from the In-Liven or something... I have eczema and I have no flare-ups with it at all.

Bath, YES! I have recently tried the hand cream.... OooOOOh it is so good, and in a good size to pop in my hnadbag. Absorbs well and smells divine. Also used it on my very dry feet and they looked and felt great after. Everything I use is super awesome. I am also a continued user of garnet scrub, its brilliant and my skin is so soft after. Even with sensitive skin its fine. My kids still both use the shampoo and conditioner which makes me feel great that they have no crappy chemicals on them every second day. I also love my skin conditioner and moisturiser.

Looking forward to hearing some baby product reviews!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

*twitter twitter* Ooohh! Like I've just posted in the In-Liven thread: I'm soooo excited! I've just received a new delivery from One Group. It includes a few new products that I've never tried before:

Jaffa Lip Balm (for me)
    Mint Toothpaste (for the kids)
    Ancient Spice deodorant (For DH)

And to make things more exciting my sister RoseHannah sent me a package containing some Sunflower Body Wash and Rose Monsoon Hydrating Mist on the same day!!!

I'm in One Group Heaven! LOL

Ok... so here's trying the new jaffa lip balm.... Hmmm... generous quantity (as usual, this is one thing I like about One Group products... the quantity is usually more than supermarket products)... Um, how do i open it??? LOL bit hard to squeeze out... but maybe that's because it's such a cold day and the beeswax is too firm... seems to be softening with a bit of massage.... smells divine... oh yum! Comes out slowly but should last a while! And at least my kids won't be able to waste it!!! So many of my other lip balms have been wasted by my kids gouging them out of the tube.

Now to the Ancient Spice: Yes, very spicy... looking forward to smelling it on my DH! Once again a generous 70ml whereas his usual Rexona roll On is only 50ml. Makes the price comparable to supermarket products.

Mint Toothpaste: I'll review later after I have my afternoon cuppa (in my BB mug of course ) LOL

Rose Hydrating Mist: oooh lovely! Very similar to the Jurlique one I used to buy. Claims to calm my soul too hehe... let's see how it works during our witching hour!!!

Ok... kettles boiled... *dances to the kitchen*

Bathsheba - the jaffa lip balm is divine, I have two, one in my bag and one around the house

Well I'm still loving my face care products, they smell so lovely. I am trying the Sunflower body wash too, it has a great fresh smell. So far I would recommend all these products to other people, and a great way to shop for presents.

Ah she's back! (RoseHannah) thanks again!

Update: regarding the toothpaste: my kids don't like it. It's too salty. I suspect if i had used it with them right from the very start they would have dealt with it... but now that they are used to supermarket toothpaste I can't see that i will be able to "convert" them onto the MiEssence one until they are older. My 13yo will use it... but reluctantly. Oh well... I'll use it up... not money wasted.

The lip balm has been hard to use on cold days too. Beeswax is a main ingredient (which is much better than petro-chemicals) but it takes a while to warm up. I LOVE the smell and feel of it though... maybe if the nozzle was a little bit bigger....?

Ooooh so excited... waiting on another MiEssence order! Ordered about 5 things... can't remeber them all... includes the Dessert Flower Shampoo, and a moisturising spray for my hair that has become very dry over summer. Also i noticed that the jaffa lip balm is now available in stick format! How interesting... after my last comment about it being hard to use on a cold day. Hope it smell/feels/tastes as good. Anyone tried it?

I just wanted to post that I'm getting very interested in Miessence! I'm having some great results with my DD's eczema using the Sunflower body wash, Desert Flower shampoo and intensive moisturiser along with Medihoney eczema cream. She smells good enough to eat.

I wasn't so sure about the intensive body moisturiser at first, I thought it felt really oily on my hands, but either I've gotten used to it or DD's skin just drinks it up because she doesn't feel greasy at all.

I'm having a horrible time with an itchy scalp at the moment and it's my own fault, I've known for years that any product with silicone in it irritates my scalp. But I was having bad post-preggy hair problems and decided to spend a fortune on some products the hairdresser recommended...each one of them has silicone in them. Vanity got the better of me. I thought that I would be able to put up with the itch until I used the products up but I couldn't stand it any longer. My scalp felt like it was on fire sometimes.

(BTW - how hard is it to find a hair product that doesn't have silicone in it these days? grrr).

So I stole DD's Miessence shampoo and bought myself a travel size Miessence conditioner. After only one wash the itch was a lot less and the second wash better again. Unfortunately I now have really bad hair...silicone detox I suppose. Will be interesting to see how my hair is in a month or so.

DS likes the sunflower body wash too...he calls it "the pretty soap" LOL.

My birthday is coming up...I'm thinking Miessence gift vouchers...

I'm happy that these are Australian made and organic. Since about 2002 I've been quite into an American essential oil brand that are very much into keeping things pure and natural, to the point where if anyone harvesting their plants is feeling upset or emotional they get sent home so as not to transfer negative energies...they do a few personal care products for kids and I was looking at buying them. But then I found that a lot of them have silicone (dimethicone) in them and one of the shampoos has phthalates - so no go.

The more I read on this kind of thing, the more alarmed I get. I remember with fondness my days of blissful ignorance.

Curly, have you tried the MOPS range? Its an organic range of hair care that has a specific one for us curly girls.... its lush!!! I didn't get good results with Mi-essence, so I tried MOPS and its great. I also use "No-poo"ing and that has worked really well after a fortnight detoxing! I did "No-poo" for around 6 months and then got sucked into mops.

Just google "no-poo" you'll need vinegar and bicarb thats it.

Hey Christy...

Yeah I have...I did like MOP but I wasn't blown away by it for the price - I didn't use the curly range though, I tried something else but I can't remember why now...but I will keep MOP in mind if Miessence doesn't come through for me. I was using MooGoo for quite a while but it's not as effective as it used to be and then switched to one called Mastey (no SLS, no parabens etc etc) which was fine during pregnancy but post-pregnancy is just not doing it for me...which is why I find myself in Shampoo No-Mans-Land at the moment.

I've kind of done the no-poo thing before - just trying conditioner only or washing with Beauty and the Bees and just rinsing with apple cider vinegar but I hated the feel of my hair...it's very fine and I've got a LOT of it so it just got very tangly and prone to breakage. Maybe I didn't persevere for long enough.

However my hair is SO BAD at the moment that I reckon I can stick out the detox stage this time...it can't get too much worse.

I don't know what it is but since having DS my skin has been much more sensitive and now with DD as well it seems even more so. I've been used to being able to put just about anything on my skin so having a DH and kids with sensitive skin has been an eye-opener...and now I have even more sympathy for them, finding myself in a similar boat.

Gee, I really do have high hopes...it's getting to be an expensive little business, all this experimenting with products. DH hasn't said anything yet but I wouldn't blame him if he did LOL.

Okay well I've been using Miessence shampoo and conditioner now for about 3 or 4 weeks. I really like it! My scalp hardly ever gets itchy now.

The conditioner doesn't feel terribly moisturising and so I was really slapping it on. Using lots didn't really make it "feel" more moisturising so I decided I would go the other way and just use a bit. Using a lot or a little didn't make any difference to the feel of my hair when it is dry. It doesn't feel as soft as I am used to with regular salon shampoos...but spraying on the Hair Repair afterwards makes it feel softer and really helps control the flyaways. I'm not a huge fan of the smell of the Hair Repair...it's a bit herbal and hippy for my liking, but it does the job. I can just mist some perfume in the air and walk through it and allow it to settle on my hair.

I really like the Miessence Hair Gel too...I like a fairly light hold that doesn't leave my curls feeling sticky and "crispy". And I use it as a smoothing lotion too so one product for two purposes and very economical to boot...I'm happy with that!

Now for the skincare products...I ordered them last Monday and STILL haven't got them...grrrr...I'm getting very impatient. I thought I would have them by now and have run out of moisturiser and I'm nearly out of cleanser. They'd better hurry up...

Been meaning to post in here for a while.

Loving my Miessence translucent makeup. Once I got over the shock of the price (!) I haven't regretted investing in my skin care since. Not only does my skin feel better for it, I don't feel like I am wearing any makeup for the first time in years. It protects my skin and gives an even tone without disguising 'me' under it IYKWIM.

Also loving their Tahitian spice deodorant. I tried using a crystal deodorent for 4 months to get off chemical deodorants, but just couldn't get it to work for me so I switched to Miessence and love it.

Also got the baby powder for my BF and she said it is great.

Yes, I need to order more Tahitian spice deo... it's lovely... but I still need to finish off the Ancient Spice one (which was meant to be for DH but he wants to stick with Rexona)... I'm not that keen on the Ancient Spice fragrance... makes me smell like salami!!! (and being a non meat eater this makes it even harder to use up but I'm not going to waste it... easy enough to disguise with a nicer perfume). So for me it's thumbs up Tahitian .... thumbs down Ancient.

I came searching for information on a new skin care range for myself, and found this thread. I've ordered my skin care package from Miessence today and can't wait to receive my package!!

We are all addicted to their body wash atm - and such a mild but lovely subtle scent - hubby loves to sniff baby after she has been washed with it . I adore everything in their range as they are one of the most natural companies I have come across, so I always feel at ease using the products on myself or baby
    Was thinking about trying their cosmetics range as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234