Thread: where do you buy your clothes from??

Default where do you buy your clothes from??

i am so sick of feeling frumpy and boring all the time. i am size 16 and tall with huge boobs, i like tops that are long, pants that are high enough not to show bum crack when i sit down, tops that aren't too low cut that i am pulling them up all the time, nothing skin tight i dont have the wash board stomach i used to have, or the firm bum and thighs! I love skirts but with a toddler anything above the knee is too impractical and anything too lightweight that blows up is no good.

So, any suggestions??

Where so you do most of your clothes shopping??

i dont want to spend heaps and heaps of money either

Gosh im fussy aren't i?!

do you have a BeMe? We have them in WA, they are part of Rockmans, but for the larger ladies... also millers from memory? not sure...

good luck

do you have autograph...(used to 16-26) they are reasonably priced not huge clothes but definatly for the taller size 16... millers is another suggestion but even I find their pants a bit low in the butt area...

You could also try Sussan Grae and My Size.

You could try best & lest or Millers

thanks guys all great suggestions, only i live in a country town, we do have Millers so i will check them out. When we lived in Adelaide when i was pregnant i loved shopping at 16-26, but we dont have any other stores down here. We have Noni B i haven't been in there cause just looking at the display windows it looks like older peoples clothing, but i'll check it out.

Thanks again for your replies

If you can get to a Big W they have some nice summer tops at the moment that are long enough to cover your stomach. Some are in regular sizes up to 16 and other styles start at size 18. They are cotton so nice and cool for summer.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Big city chic is great!! dont know if they are in adealide or not but worth looking at as they have the best comfy clothes!!

thanks guys!

I either buy Op Shop clothes (there is a huge Op Shop near me that is the size of target and even has check out aisles where you can use EFTPOS or a credit card).... all the clothes are arranged neatly in rows by size AND colour. I have bought heaps of designer clothes there too.... it's called Savers.

When I'm not shopping there I buy good quality new clothing from Colorado, Sportscraft, Laura Ashley, Myer, and I've recently been looking in Alanah Hill.

So I go from one extreme to the other. All my "at home" and casual clothes are from Op Shops and my special occassion clothes are from what you would call expensive shops. there is not much in between.

Myer has a whole section devoted to more curvacious women with lots of labels. I would maybe wait until to holiday at a major centre or city and buy up big there.

bath - gosh i wish we had that awesome op shop down here! i was thinking of waiting til we go to Adelaide next time, much more choice, and how much would a big spending spree be!!