Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Slow Cooker Chatter #15

I don't use any liquid either in there. I put it on an upturned saucer too. There is enough juice in the chicken itself for it to cook properly.

I am in the same boat as Kazbah, I leave early for work in the morning and am rarely home before 6. So I'll have to investigate whether there is a timer function on my SC. So far I've only really used it on the weekend.

DH worries about hoe much power it uses being on all day...

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You can buy timers that you use to turn lamps and stuff on whilst you're away. As far as I know they haven't made a SC that has a timer like that (ie, turns on whilst you're out and off before you get home) They don't use much power at all so you don't have to worry about that at all.

Hey thanks Bec, that makes sense about the timers, I will check it out!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

No worries

I bought one of those timers and couldnt for the life of me work out how to use it so i threw it out!

I thought they made a new SC last year with an inbuilt timer? I could be lying though...who knows with preggo brain

Tigergirl1980 Guest

They did make one with a timer but I don't think it's THAT kind of timer iykwim? Maybe you didn't fiddle with it enough Danni, try using it on a lamp or something first so you can nut it out before using it on your SC.

Thanks girls, i thought you always had to have some kind of liquid in when using the slow cooker (i'm only a beginner lol) I'm going to try the chicken over the weekend.

Danni - Was the timer one of those ones that have little pegs that your stick in them?

Nic

nope Nic. It was a big round thing with all these little clips you have to press in. The instructions didnt even make sense!

Sounds like fun...NOT! We have the ones where you stick the pegs in and I cannot work them out either. Have to get DH to do it for me! They only get used for the fish tank though.

Nic

Hi Danni,
    If it is a timer with the little clips you need to press down, thenit is easy. Turn the dial so that the arrow points to the time, notrmally works in 15 minute segments. Then press down the little pegs to say when the plug is "on". Just test it with a lamp or something so you can make sure that you have it switched to the timer setting as opposed to the always on setting.
    As far as I know the ones with the little pegs, you have 2 coloured pegs. One to show for On and one to show Off. So put the pegs into the "times" when you would like to switch it off. The general just is the same, turn the dial so the arrow points tot he current time.
    Just a point to remember though... If the timer isn't plugged into power then it will not keep time.
    HTH

yay i just got a slow cooker from my parents for my birthday!
    its a 6ltr ronson, [email protected]@dy huge!!

wecome joh!!

Howdy everyone! I've just discovered this thread and am pretty glad too because I just seem to use my SC for the same ol stuff and now..wow there are so many recipes out there that look great!!
    If anyone is into preserving home grown stuff... I just made my tomato sauce in my SC for the first time this year. IT turned out pretty good but I used a new recipe so I'm not sure how diff it would have been to stove top. I know it was great not having to be around stirring a big stinky pot of sauce for 4 hours though! lol. I just put it on one night and turned it off the next and put it through the food processor. Easy.
    I'm looking forward to perusing the recipe library now!!

Time for a new thread everyone!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678