Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Cooker Recipes, Tips & Slow Cooker Chatter #17

Thanks Caro. Your chops sound yum. DS is allergic to dairy so I'll have to hold off on the meatloaf with cheese til after his treatment. I've been making meatloaf just in the oven and having w mash and veg plus in sandwiches and rolls. Sounds like I'll have to give it a go in the SC too.

Any help on cooking times would be great.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh I'm so glad that you enjoyed it I've no idea about the chops I've not made them before. Cailin has she might be able to help you

Blackbird- You could easily leave out the cheese, it's optional anyway

chops are an easy SC meal. I just chuck em in with crushed tomatoes and anything else i have laying around

Sorry I haven't replied yet. Its probably too late now Ummm I'd say about 6 yrs on low would be fine?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Quote Originally Posted by Cailin View Post
    Sorry I haven't replied yet. Its probably too late now Ummm I'd say about 6 yrs on low would be fine?

Cailin
    *lol* I reckon after 6yrs, it may be a tad overdone

PMSL

My bad

Well I have Pea & Ham soup in mine.

I put:

1 bacon hock
    1 500g green split peas
    1 soup pack (parsnip, radish, potato, carrot & onion)
    and water to cover it.

I then removed the meat at about 2 pm after being on high from about 9:30 and whizzed the soup, removed the meat from the hock and discarded the fat & bones and put the meat back in. It smells divine and we'll have it with turkish bread. YUM!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Lamb Casserole

1 onion finely chopped
    about 1kg lamb knuckles (they work the best)
    1 pkt oxtail soup powder mixed with 500ml water
    1 cup chutney
    1kg frozen veg (i use broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and bean mix) i suppose you could use fresh as well, but then the cooking time would be a bit shorter i'd imagine.

put onion into SC (spread evenly)
    put lamb on top of it
    mix soup with chutney and pour over, making sure all meat is covered (i did use my 7l sc)
    cook on low for 5 hours
    put the mixed veg on top, don't mix in.
    Cook on low for another 3 hours, or till veg cooked.

Serve with rice or mash
    Last edited by kimashswan; May 25th, 2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typo

Dach - we had your kick ass soup tonight - yummo, thank you. Some for lunch tomorrow and more for the freezer.

Morning All,

Can i put frozen chuck steak (cut up) in SC ?? I forgot to put it out last night.....was wanting to throw it in SC now??

Yep - frozen is fine. Can take a bit longer though and you will need to give it a stir when it has thawed.

Yep I put frozen meat in mine all the time

yep,its cooking nicely..wow, another tick to the SC's....(im a relatively new SC user.....)

woo hoo inlaws gave us a slow cooker on saturday!! used it tonight to make beef strouganoff!!! yummo

I usually do been stroganoff in the oven (using the Maggie mix stuff). Can I make it the same way in the slow cooker and if so, do I need to add more water?

Amelia Guest

Morning ladies,

I was wondering if any of you have a simply but tasty vegetable soup? I have been wanting to make one for weeks but can't find one that I like.

TIA

Michelle - it is usually less water in the SC. I usually use the same amount as the packet says but occasionally it needs thickening (although I am not sure when you add the cream to the beef strog )

Amelia - what sort of veges do you want to use??? Pumpkin is gorgeous at this time of year - just chuck it in until it is soft then blend. Broccoli is also good, so is carrot or a soup / vege pack from the greengrocer is good to throw in together and have as a chunky soup. Just add some stock.

Amelia Guest

Michelle - I have already made pumpkin soup and also potato and leek soup. I want something chunky. I have celery, carrot, potatoes, sweet potato, leeks and pumpkin in the fridge at the moment. Should I just chop them all up and add stock and throw the SC on??

Yum!!! Sounds good Amelia. If you have some frozen veges you can also add them later for some different colour (green bits!!) but not overcook them. Enjoy .... too bad you are too far away. Dinner at your place sounds wonderful!!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast