Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Desserts!

KellyF Guest

Default White Chocolate Truffles

Hi Guys,

I was in checking out all of these lovely recipes in March/April and somebody posted a recipe for White Chocolate Truffles.

I made them and they were ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! The problem is, I can't find the recipe! =P~

If anyone knows where it is or if you where the wonderful person who posted it, could you please post it again or let me know where it is? [-o<

It had white chocolate, honey, phili chese, nuts (optional).......you covered half in dark chocolate and half in coconut........

Thank you in advance,

Kelly

Can't help you there Kel but hope that the person who originally posted it replies!

Sounds DEVINE!!

Good luck!

Sure sounds nice, sure would like to try that one.

Just sending out a message to the wonderful person that posted the original recipe.....

ppuuuuuuuhhhllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaasse post it again!!!!

You have my mouth watering!!!

Pretty please??

Default Chocolate Raspberry Waffle Pudding

Serves 8

300g waffles
    4 eggs
    1/3 cup caster sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    600 ml thickened cream
    200g frozen raspberries
    2 x 100g packets lindt Excellence Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate, roughly chopped (broken)
    pure icing sugar, to serve

1. Preheat oven to 170?C. Lightly grease an 8-cup capacity, 5cm deep, 24cm (base) ovenproof dish.
    2. Cut waffles into 3cm cubes. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, caster sugar and canilla for minutes or until pale and thick. Add cream. Beat on low speed until just combined.
    3. Arrange one-third waffles over base of dish. Pour over one-third chocolate. Repeat layers twice. Allow to stand for 30 minutes (this allows waffles to absorb cream mixture, producing a lighter pudding).
    4. Place dish on a baking tray. Bake, uncovered for 45-50 minutes (see note) or until custard is set and top is golden. Dust with icing sugar, serve.

NOTE: If top becomes too dark, cover loosley with foil. This will depend on the brand of waffles you use.

My notes: I used a round pyrex dish, and I did about 3 layers and just divided the mix into 4 as it fit the dish better, so just do whatever you can with the layers depending on your dish.

Also you can play around with the recipe. For example instead of raspberried, strawberries, canned cherries, blueberries.

I am going to try the following:

Banana & Crunchy Caramel lindt chocolate
    Cherries & Dark lindt
    Blueberries/Strawberries & White lindt

*DROOL*

We had this tonight, and start to finish it took about 20 mins to prep (and about 20 seconds to eat). It also said that you could prepare it (up until the put it in the oven stage) and put it in your fridge up to 2 hours in advance. Perfect for dinner parties.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Rouge; April 12th, 2008 at 02:45 PM.

O.M.G.... *DROOOOOL*

Hehehe, if it tastes as good as it sounds there is no way I could share it between 8 ppl at a dinner party... in fact, even DP would be lucky if he got to have any at all!! :badgrin:
    MUST try this one day!!

Hey Cailin

Seeing as I have a fussy husband who won't eat any type of berries ](*,) can you recommend anything else I could add to it?

Like, for instance, nuts of big chunks of chocolate or something?

He's a bugger! And my ob would have a fit if I made one and just ate it myself (bubs would have a field day with a sugar fix like that!).

Any suggestions guru??

Tar

Kelli, I would say yeah you could add whatever you like, you could even add pear or apricots if you wanted to I don't think it really matters.

Jillian, I have a waffle iron, we LOVE waffles in this house. But last night I cheated, I don't know it would work as good with hom made waffles as they aren't as thick as the store bought ones but you could try.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melinda Guest

Was that in SFI? I haven't looked at it yet, but I have it sitting in the lounge room and was sure something like that was on the cover LOL!!

We're both SFI addicts from memory! LOL

Yup it sure was Indeed we are My next cookbook on my wishlist though is "off the shelf" by donna hay, getting into her stuff alot last years Kids edition of her magazine was fabulous and 2005 edition comes out on 22 June so thats another to look out for!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I have this issue of SFI and was planning to make this dessert this weekend! Hmmmm...chocolate and raspberries. I am loving SFI atm, last night we made pizzas, which Harry loved helping with and tonight I am making the sausage casserole.
    Cailin I love Donna Hay too, I want to get her Modern Classics books. I am looking forward to the kids issue coming out.

Bon

Default Healthy desserts

Hi all! I made a shocking discovery yesterday.....I have put on 10 kilos since becoming pg!!!!!!!!!!! THis is not good!! My weakness is desserts, and I really feel most like eating AFTER dinner. Go figure. I usually have cake, icecream, pack of tim tams, block of chocolate etc. I can NEVER EVER stop at one (never have been able to). anyway, I am wondering if anyone has some good dessert ideas that are healthy. I need something to eat later at night, so Im on the lookout for something good!!
    This might be a hard ask, but it's worth a try. THanks xoxoox

I know this sounds REALLY broing in comparison to nice choccie biscuits and the like, but DH & got into some bad habits a few years ago, and now we just don't buy that type of food as we know we will just make pigs of ourselves if it is in the house.

But we both do like "a little something" after dinner, so here is what we have.....

~ I always have "nice" fruit (in comparison to boring apples and oranges!)ready to go......whatever is in season, regardless of $$$......for instance this morning I paid through the nose for some new season grapes and some cherries.......but they are divine.....
    ~ Breakfast cereal......a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes is not ideal for a nutricious brekky but makes a great snack if you fancy something sweet at night
    ~ Yogurts
    ~ Bulla ice creams......"Splits" or the frozen yogurt type
    ~ Home made muffins....(the packet mix 98% fat free ones)
    ~ Popcorn

If you really do "need" chocolate, I suggest Lindt (or a similar really good quality brand) because they are SO delish and made from such a high proportion of cocoa (in comparison to veg fat and sugar) that you can eat a lot less of them but still feel totally satisfied.......

HTH

Our "healthy" desserts for a sweet tooth include:

vanilla yogurt with a small sprinkling of choc bits to pretend...

Apple crumble with no crusts...can of apples and oats & small amount of brown sugar & cinnamon on top

popcorn...not too sweet I know but it helps fill you up

banana

Nestle make these lemon cheesecake things in a single serve tub, they are one WW point each, so they aren't too bad but sweet enough to satisfy the sweet tooth. They remind me of lemon meringue.

frozen yoghurt is a big winner here too, you can buy them single serves as well.

can't think of anything else - sorry!

Good ideas girls!! I will try it all!! I forgot about the vitari, I used to have that alot!!
    I too don't usually buy anything bad so therefore we can't eat it, however this pg has brought out the sweet tooth in me. I will avoid buying anything bad on shopping day, and then I'll ring DH on his way home from work and ask him to get me a treat! Hopeless. He is on strict instructions not to buy any junk anymore!!
    I've also replaced bread today with sourdough from the health food shop, as it has no yeast. Yeast is a huge prob for me. I suffer from major tummy probs, so Im going back to that too. Im sure all the bread I've been eating has contributed to weight gain!!
    Thanks again everyone xoxoxo

Maybe instead of getting your sweet fix from a dessert you could fix yourself a yummy, thick, fruit smoothie or if you're really wanting a choccy fix you could make a bannana and milo shake. Milo's got a few goodies in it and all the calcium will be great for bubs.
    Don't worry too much about the weight - usually it comes off quite fast after baby arrives.

Meringue with tinned or fresh fruit and vanilla diet fruche Very low in fat & sugar, Meringue is great because there is no fat in it. From memory I used to have this on WW and it was about 2 pts... I bought the pre - made nests from coles/safeway.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast