Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancakes, Pikelets and Scones

Question need recipe for zucchini piklets?

Cailin or someone else have one??

Would love to make them with a nice and easy recipe

Can't find one for piklets as such Danni.

But did find some for zucchini pancakes

3 eggs
    2 zucchini, grated
    1/2 c. whole wheat flour or stoneground cornmeal
    Add more flour or a little milk to make pancake consistency

Stir the eggs into the grated zucchini, then mix in the flour until all the lumps are gone. Fry the batter like pancakes with a bit of butter to keep it from sticking. Delicious topped with grated cheese.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

ZUCCHINI PANCAKES

4 c. shredded unpared zucchini
    3/4 c. packaged pancake flour
    1/2 c. Gruyere cheese
    1/2 c. milk
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1/2 c. chopped onion

Place shredded zucchini in sieve to drain off excess liquid. In medium bowl, combine pancake flour, cheese, milk and egg; mix just until all ingredients are well moistened. Stir in zucchini and onion. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased griddle or skillet; cook over low heat until pancakes are browned and bubbles appear on surface. Turn, brown other side. Serves 4.

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    INGREDIENTS
    • 4 eggs
    • 2 cups grated zucchini
    • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 3 tablespoons olive oil
    • 4 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1/4 cup butter, melted
    DIRECTIONS
    1. Preheat grill to 425 to 450 degrees F (220 to 225 degrees C).
    2. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, add shredded zucchini and mix well using a fork. Add flour, sugar, salt and vegetable oil and stir to blend well. Finally, add baking powder and mix well using a large spoon. The batter's consistency should be like heavy whipping cream.
    3. Spoon batter on hot grill (about 2 tablespoons) for each pancake. Cook until there are no longer bubbles forming in the pancake about 2 minutes; turn over and cook for 2 minutes longer. Rub pancakes with melted butter and serve immediately.
    Hope one of them is good enough for you.

Thumbs up Jam Doughnuts

Well I thought that I would post a recipe for jam doughnuts on here. I made them yesterday and they were sooooo yum!! But me warned, you may need some friends to help you eat them!!

Jam Doughnuts
    Makes 16

4 cups plain flour, sifted
    2 x 8g sachets instant dry yeast
    1 1/4 cups caster sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/3 cups milk, warmed
    2 eggs, lightly whisked
    60g butter, melted
    1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry conserve (see note)
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    vegetable oil, for deep-frying

1 - Combine flour, yeast, 1/4 cup caster sugar and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add milk, eggs and butter to well. Using a flat bladed knife, stir until dough just comes together.
    2 - Turn onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead until smooth. Place dough in a large, light'y greased bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and a tea towel. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
    3 - Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth.
    4 - Divide dough into 16 portions. Roll 1 portion in to a ball. Flatten ball with palm of hand to an 8cm disc. Place 1 teaspoon jam in centre. Using floured hands, carefully turn dough edges over to enclose jam. Re-roll ball. Place seam side down, on a lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining dough. Loosley cover doughnuts with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 15 mins or until almost doubled in size. Meanwhile, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar in a shallow dish.
    5 - Half fill a large, deep saucepan or deep-fryer with oil and heat until hot. Using a slotted spoon, lower doughnuts 2 at a time, into hot oil. Deep-fry carefully turning over, for 3-4 mins or until golden. Roll in cinnamon sugar immediently and place on a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
    Note - Thicker style sonserves such as the Roses brand are easier to work with.
    Tip - These doughnuts are best eaten on the day made. To reheat, microwave on medium for 10 to 15 secs.

I made a slight variation for DF cause he just wanted cinnamon doughnuts. So pretrt much you flatten the dough portion, use a circle to cut the dough in to a circle and then find a smaller circle to cut the centre out. Let it rise the same as jam doughnuts and put in deep fryer and sugar as above!!

They were great, except the two of us couldnt eat them!! Luckily a friend came over and he took some home with him

ENJOY!

That's fantastic, and not as hard as I thought it would be.

I'll see if I can muster up the energy to make some. I don't think there will be any difficulty in us eating them all though. Nathan really likes his donuts!!

Have you ever tried making plain ones letting them cool and icing them. Nathan has a thing for the men and dinosaurs you can buy from the donut king, lol

and me, well I like mine filled with cream and custard - eclair style

Oh who am I kidding, we love hot jam ones as well!!!

Is it 3-4 minutes of fryin in total, or on each side?
    How many times did you turn them?

I have a donut cutter somewhere at home, I might have to try this out!

Ray,

I fried them for a total of 4 mins and turned them every minute to get a even golden colour over it.

Default Lemonade scones?

Anyone got a recipe for lemonade scones? A friend mentioned them the other day but I don't have a recipe.

thanks for that

oh yum thank you, i will write that one down! My grandpa (passed away now) used to make them when we were little and i couldnt remember how to make them! thanks

Thank you!

I've tried that recipe - it's supposed to be so easy you can't muck them up. I proved them wrong LOL!

My ex MIL uses light cream and I had used full fat cream and noticed the difference. The light cream seems to work a little better.

The secret is definitely not overworking the mixture prior to cooking. She also used to just form the dough gently into a slab and then just cut down through it with a butter knife prior to cooking so they weren't handled too much....I lurve lemonade scones!! Must make some this weekend.

Amelia Guest

Red face Pikelets

Hello there ladies,

Just another request from me....

I know there are thousands of recipes out there for pikelets but I am wanting a recipe that is a good one!!

I want to adapt it to make it into blueberry pikelets for my baby shower tomorrow!!

So please, hand over your best pikelet recipes?? I know some of you would have some great ones.

TIA

This is from the frozen blueberry box:

Blueberry Pikelets

Serves / Makes: 24 pikelet

2 cups self raising flour
    1/2 level teaspoon bi-carbonate of soda
    3 tablespoons caster sugar
    1 cup regular milk
    2 large eggs (60g or larger)
    2 tablespoons melted butter
    2 teaspoons vinegar (NOT balsamic or red wine, etc)
    1 cup Creative Gourmet frozen Blueberries

Place all the ingredients, with the exception of the blueberries, in a food processor. Process until a smooth, thick batter is obtained. Stir in the frozen blueberries.

Drop scant tablespoons of batter into a hot non-stick frying pan that has been lightly greased with a little melted butter. Cook for a few seconds until surface starts to bubble then flip over and cook until other side is golden and Piklets are cooked through.

Serve immediately with sour light cream, yoghurt or ice cream.
    Enjoy, goodluck with the shower I hope I'm not too late!

Amelia Guest

Default Banana Pancakes

Okay it is DH's birthday on monday and I normally cook up a massive breakfast for him but he is starting work at 5:30am so will be out of the house by 4am and I am not getting up that early to cook breakfast so I am doing it tomorrow for him!!

He wants pancakes but we have some banana's on the bench looking abit black so I thought banana pancakes.......

Does anyone have a good recipe for them at all??

ive only made banana pikelets & all i do with soft bananas is mash them up & make up the pikelet recipe using less milk as the bananas make up the rest of the moisture iykwim - they are really yum & great to freeze

add some cocoa and you can even have choc banana pancakes - rich but yum and I'm not a banana flavoured fan

We had some over-ripe bananas sitting on the bench too and the other day I made up the Cadbury chocolate muffin mix, adding the mashed bananas, and they were beautiful. Every time I make them I'll add mashed banana now!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast