Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clomid for LPD

Good to hear from you Debbie.
    Thankyou for your kind thoughts. Yep I feel it too. I don't think it will be long until it's 'our month'. It's interesting what you say about your opk's. I did think it was interesting that your opk's were positive for so long.
    If you don't conceive this month can I make a suggestion????
    I have used quite a few brands of opk's on my journey. I have found the Lullaby Conceptions opk's to be really fantastic. I only ever get a second line around ovulation. Usually a feint line a day of almost positive and then the next day a feint line again. I have conceived 3 times using them. They are very good and very good value. Lullaby now have really cheap preg tests that measure 10miu of HCG so about the same as the Fortel Ultra. They are really economical and they are not just the sticks but the test in the hard case. Anyway it's just a thougt, tell me to go away if you like!
    I know other women use different brands and each of us gets comfy with what we know however just keep it in mind if you need more for the coming month. (let's hope you don't need any because you're pregnant!!!)

Deb, keep the good advice coming! Everything is appreciated.
    Don't think it is my month as although temps still up, have normal AF symptoms too. I am 9DPO so not long until I know. If our timing was off, it means that I never had a LPD. Haven't used prog. cream this month.
    Anyway, here's to a healthy bub for both of us.
    Love and hugs, Debbie

You are a sweetie Debbie! I hope that you can tell me you have a bfp this month but if not it's gonna be soon okay!!!!
    I am coming up to ovulation time now - the fun part! If I conceive this month I will have a due date of my youngest daughters birthday! That will mean 3 years between them. I can't believe that we have been making and losing babies for over a year now. Never mind the only way is up!
    Keep me closely posted as I AM VERY interested in how you are going.
    Big Hugs,

Deb,
    Coming up to ovulation time! The only way is up!!! You said it girl!!!

Not good news today as my temp was back down to 36.3 with the previous two days being 36.6 & 36.5. Have AF symptoms (bloated stomach, light pains). Expect it to show up on the weekend.Sunday or Monday would be good as it would show that my LP phase is not out (13 or 14 days). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.
    I've quite enjoyed the temping)must be mad!). It gives you something to do while waiting for "O" to come around and the fun to start. Then OPK's and then you have something to do during TTWW. Good grief, is that what my life has come down to. What a sad case!!! Still, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Good luck to you and I will understand if we don't hear much from you in the next week(Ha, Ha,). I will think of that song in a different light from now on - "The only way is up, baby......"

Hugs as always,
    Debbie

I like to play with words!!!! I'm glad you got it!
    WE WILL GET THERE!!!!! Then PAML won't know what hit them with us two in there!!! Do you think they could cope with us???
    I am sorry about the temp dip. Keep your spirits up we're are gonna get there really soon.
    Love to you

you go girls, crossing fingers for both of you!!!look out paml

They will be begging us to stop!!! But we won't, no way.
    PAML here we come!!!!!!
    love
    Debbie

How are you going Debbie? I've been thinking of you.
    AF is here and I have a script for Clomid - tomorrow is the day I have to begin taking it. I had borderline progesterone levels this month and a LP of 10 -11 days.
    I've been thinking of you. Do you think they will have some room for us in PAML soon?
    Love to you

Clomid can help with an LP, but remember that an LP of anything over 10 days is perfectly normal. An LPD is not likely to have been the cause of your chemical pregnancy as once pregnant your progesterone levels generally increase and maintain. It is usually more of an issue in late implantation or when progesterone levels tend to be low anyway.

I can understand being impatient, but I would not suggest clomid as an option as it also would increase your chance of multiples. If you truly want to do something about it now, talk to your GP about progesterone tracking (BT at 7dpo) to see what your levels are like. If you do have low progesterone you could try things like pesseries or to keep natural, you can buy natural progesterone cream. The other suggestions are also worth considering as well...

kirsty Guest

Oh girls there is more than enough room in PAML for the two of you & I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms when you get there

Deb - I'll be on clomid the same days. Wishing you the best of luck this time around.

Deb,
    Was wondering what you were up to. Was waiting to see if you had some good news for me. Anyway, I'm sure there will be plenty of room for us in PAML. Better late than never as they say.
    I'm on CD14 and looks as if I am going to "O" a little later this month. Have had EWCM last couple of days but temps haven't changed and no positive yet with the OPKs. Still, "O"ing around day 17 or 18 is normal for me. If I do I will be interested to see what my LP is like now I have stopped the natural progesterone cream.
    Forgive me if you think I am being forward, but do you really need Clomid yet? I know we are all impatient to be pregnant but you aren't quite an old boiler yet!!! On the up side you have fallen pregnant naturally so you know you can. Maybe a bit more patience? Good grief, listen to me. Who am I to talk about patience!!! Anyway Deb, feel free to tell me to mind my business.

Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive and being thankful for what I have and letting go of what could have been. Looking to the future instead of back but trying to live as much in the present as I possibly can. Our time will come I just feel it. Still can't resist wanting it NOW though.

Love and hugs to you,
    Debbie

so good to hear from you - I hope this is your month.
    No, I don't think you are forward. I am not on clomid to make me ovulate as such, (of course clomid does induce ovulation...) however my progesterone levels were borderline this month again. What the clomid does is increases fsh and LH thus increasing progesterone. My LP is about 4 days shorter than normal for me. Pautric is correct that a luteal phase of 10 is considered at the very low end of normal though with a phase that short unless implantation is early the progesterone levels are not sustained for long enough to allow a pregnancy to take hold. Some women have phases this short and have a dozen kids. It does depend on when implantation occurs. My g/f has luteal phases of 10-11 and has 5 kids but has had 7 miscarriages. Due in part they believe to this shortened phase. The shortened luteal phase can't be treated just with progesterone. When the progesterone is lowered so is the fsh and lh at the start of a cycle. The lower progesterone levels at day 21 often indicate insufficient ovulation.
    I decided if my LP was shortened again and my progesterone levels weren't great then I would do a round of clomid. NO, I am not ancient but I am coming up for 39 next month and I have had four pregnancies all lost now in the hope for our elusive number 5. Yep, I am impatient but I certainly wouldn't be trying the clomid if my prog. levels indicated normal ovulation. They are indicating that my ovulation isn't so great. I figure I could go on for another few months like this hoping it gets better (which it most likely would eventually...) or try this option and see. However whilst waiting I will get older! I will only do 2 rounds. Yes there is a slight increase in twins. If I am given healthy twins that I get to birth and hold and feed and love and watch grow I will feel like the luckiest woman alive!!! Wish me luck!

kirsty Guest

Wishing you both luck this cycle, you both so deserve to be pg.

Deb my gf has just had twins, a boy & a girl & they are adorable been up there having cuddles today ~ aaaargh just makes my heart melt

Wow Deb - you have just explained me perfectly. Wishing you luck.

Hi Pautric,
    Thanks for taking time to reply to my post - I didn't have time yesterday to reply to you, sorry! The weekend was a doozy!
    I do disagree with some of what you have said. Women with shortened LP do have a higher incidence of early miscarriage than women who have LP's above 12 days. That is a fact. However with early or chemical pregnancies it usually isn't known why a pregnancy is lost and it is often thought to be because of a chromosomal issue incompatible with life. However when a woman experiences short luteal phase and lower progesterone and early loss this does indicate LPD. The only accurate way of monitoring LPD is with a biopsy. Even this can be inaccurate. Serum progesterone levels need to be done regularly which I have been having.

I am under the care of an ob whom I trust and who invites debate and questions. For me that is necessary! I have been having regular bloods since the loss of my last baby in March.

It was once thought that a short LP could be treated with Progesterone only as maintaining the progesterone levels that dip naturally just prior to menstruation could keep the lining in place long enough for a good implantation. It was shown that there was a slight increase in pregnancies being maintained past 6 weeks with this but it was ever so slight. Evidence shows that when a woman has a short luteal phase ( Some gynaes will feel 10 or below is a bit low and others around 11) that if her progesterone levels are showing satisfactory levels at cd21 then the shortened lp probably doesn't need treating as to have a true LPD serum progesterone needs to be decreased. Because our bodies hormones work in synchrony kinda like a flow on effect if one hormone is decreased usually others are out f whack also. When a woman has low progesterone levels and more than 2 incidences of early miscarriage or chemical prgnancy and a shortened luteal phase treatment is indicated. That doesn't mean a woman has to have treatment as often our bodies get back on track on their own eventually.

However for me I am a whisker off 39 I have had 2 early miscarriages and 2 mid trimester foetal deaths. My progesterone levels are lower than we would like. Due to my age and parity I have a higher risk of conceiving twins naturally so we know that we are already in a higher 'risk' bracket. The increased 'risk' of conceiving multiples - usually twins on clomid is around 8 percent. This combined with my age risk gives me a 'risk' of around 15 percent of having a multiple birth. That means I have an 85 percent 'risk' of not conceiving a mulitple! However my risk of another early pregnancy loss without treatment if my progesterone levels remain as they are is around 40% without factoring in my age.

Clomid works on increasing FSH in the follicular stage of my cycle and increasing LH in the middle of my cycle. These increases flow on to increase progesterone. This is why it very often does help with LP issues.

We could choose to wait a few more cycles and see if things improve on their own and it is very possible they would. However if they don't and it is very possible that they won't I am older with a bigger and bigger gap between my other children and then end up doing the same thing anyway (clomid)

Choosing to have treatment is a very personal thing. I am big on intuition and I have a 'feeling' that this will help me. I pray that it does and I pray that we are blessed with a live healthy baby. If we get two then I will feel doubly blessed!

I will keep you posted!

Hi Michelle,
    Thankyou too for your post...
    I have watched your journey since the sadness at the loss of your Caitlyn.
    I wish you all the luck the world has to give for this cycle! I am barracking for you!

Are you taking clomid for a LPD?

Has a reason been found for your losses? Will you be treated during this pregnancy?

I would love to be a belly buddy with you! Here's to you , Debbie and I in PAML next month!!!! Let's go girls!!!!

Hi Kirsty,
    Thanks for your good wishes. So you think PAML will have room for Deb, Michelle and I???? We're a pretty loud bunch!!!!!!!

I read somewhere that your appt. in Melbourne is in September. I know it will take a long time for that to come around for you but I look forward to hearing you have been given the green light! Your support and friendship means so much to me and you deserve and will be given a beautiful healthy baby when the time is right too. I just know it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast