Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Clomid for LPD #2

Hello lovely ladies.

I just had a pretty good talk with my dh after him reading the letter i wrote. We are now feeling much better about things (although there are one or two things we had to agree to disagree on but these were not ttc related) so I am feeling MUCH better tonight.

I do feel bad for putting him thru all this. He is a little concerned that i am so focused on ttc another bub that I am not just living my life and enjoying my beautiful little girl as much as I should be and I guess to a degree he is right so I have promised to work on that a little bit. Well as best I can anyway - wish I had an 'off' switch a lot of the time!

But we have agreed to talk about things much more and keep plodding away at this ttc game. We'll get there one day soon I hope!

As always, thank you for your support and advice during a very difficult few days.

BW, I really feel for you babe! I cannot imagine having a cycle that long, how horrendously frustrating!!! I really, really hope AF turns up for you tomorrow and you can start popping those lovely little pills!

I feel sooooo exhausted tonight. I think I might head off to bed!
    Last edited by Willow; September 13th, 2006 at 12:03 PM.

After trying to cheer you guys up I now find myself pretty much in the dumps. I have seriously been thinking of giving up on this TTC. I can go for tests and surgery, take tablets etc. But I'm never going to get pregnant if I don't have sex! I tell you, right now I would be quite happy if I never had to do it again. After one year it has really become a bit of a chore and all the excitement and spontineity has gone out the window. This month we have manged only 3 times. OK, it was right immediately before and shortly after "O" time but I still don't think that kind of activity is going to do it. I said to DH that even after the surgery if we don't have sex then nothings going to happen. The surgery isn't the magic trick. He is very much interested but also finds it a bit of a strain. Particularly when you are so tired that you would really much rather just go to sleep but are scared that you are going to miss that window! The morning doesn't help as neither of us seems to be awake early enough to beat the kids. Setting the alarm for 5am just doesn't get me in the mood!

Do any of you feel the same? Is it just me? Should I count my losses and run? I really don't know anymore.

Thanks for listening to me rant.
    Debbie

I hav eto say debbie , i am in the same boat, after" doing it" aroung the "right" times we have missed again. Im so sad and depressed that I just want to give up. I thought surgery was going to fix it and it would just work like the surgeon suggested it might!!! Me and DH are never on the same page when its time and generally argue, then that makes it worse. I just cant stand it anymore, and am ready to just give up. Im hoping that my 'mood' will go away once AF has left the building again... I know I havnt helped in any way in fact Im just as down as you at the mo, so am really sorry. Just want you to know you are not alone in this....hugs to you at this most awful time. Whats worse for me at the mo, is my good friend has just told me she is going to try again and thinks she is prego as she is 3 days late, I just wanted to cry... o well, what do you do ah.....

Can I join the depressed fest?? I feel the same. I am finding that DH and I are having the most infrequent sex at the moment due to work and now we have just added an additional stress of an investment property that is ready for exchange within the month ... so somehow there needs to be a large sum of cash ready to go within the next month and goodness only knows where that will come from!!!

Add to that I am on the last cycle of clomid and just feeling completely unloved and not at all in the mood to DTD for TTC. I just want to be held and to have that loving closeness from before all this torture. Even DH is saying the past year we have only been existing, not living. So in the next week we need to find some motivation to make this last chance a chance at least.

Oh well. It will get better girls, for all of us. It is the most challenging path to walk and the hormones certainly do not help In the words of Homer J Simpson - what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger!!

to you all. And Willow - haven't heard from you. Are you OK?? Deb - how are you and how is the bundle??

Thanks guys - it does help to know that someone is on the same wave length. Not that I want you stay that way. I want great BFPs for all of you (and me) and then some of this nightmare would end. Of course we will just replace it with other worries and concerns but I say "bring it on!".

Yeah, Willow. How are you.
    Lilylou - what have you been up to. Hope you are OK.
    Deb - what's new. Please come on in and spread your rays of sunshine around the place. There's some girls that need it here!

Love to you all,
    Debbie

Hello petals!!

I've been checking in but no one had posted after my depressing rants over the past week so I thought I'd stop boring everyone!! hehehe

How am I??? Hmmm....slowly going INSANE!!! This is the WORST 2ww I've ever had. Ever. It's not even the usual stressing about whether or not it's a bfp or a bfn (kinda used to the bfn's by now iykwim??) it's the "did the clomid work or not"??? I usually start spotting around now (prob due to my low prog levels) and i find myself trekking to the toilet all day to check!! Was the pits today cause I was at work editing some massive deeds and agreements for a pretty big transaction (am a legal sec) and my mind was not on the job - I was visiting the loo every 1/2 hour!! I keep trying to prepare myself for the worst but as you know, you still come crashing down in a big heap. It's just torture. So that's me.

As for you girls - I swear sometimes reading your posts is like jumping into my own head . I totally hear you on the scheduled bding "issue". This is one of the issues my DH and I had to discuss. Let's face it, it's just god awful and the pressure is overwhelming. It's only been 4 months for us, I don't know how you guys have lasted this long. What ever happened to a good old fashioned shag for the fun of it??? Ahhhh, those were the days before broken hearts and shattered dreams....

I also hear you Michelle on the existing not living thing - this was what my dh was trying to tell me but I don't know how to stop?? I was driving to the station this morning thinking about the only thing I ever think about these days and I wondered what did I used to occupy my thoughts with before this??

I am keeping my fingers crossed and sending out wishes to the universe that we'll get at least one bfp this month girls, hopefully for you Michelle as it's your last go on Clomid so a bit more pressure for you than the rest of us (if that's possible?? hehe). Here's hoping that old addage about 'things happening in 3s' is true (but can we have 4s please universe??) and Deb was the start of something wonderful!!

In the meantime, I guess we keep doing what we're doing. We can't give up girls!

PS Michelle - you poor thing re the investment property. They say buying property is the second most stressful experience in life after the death of a loved one and trust me, after working as a mortgage paralegal and conveyancing secretary for quite a few years I'd have to agree!!

***Sorry Chelle, I just re-read your post and realised that AF has already turned up this month. So sorry it's always the very worst time of the month when your mood just plumets. I agree, I'm sure your mood will improve once she p's off, always seems to be the case for me and thank god for that, it's so hard being that sad.
    Last edited by Willow; September 15th, 2006 at 08:23 PM.

Willow - have you had your progesterone level checked this cycle?? It should give you a pretty good idea about whether you ovulated or not and if the dose was sufficient.

And I am with you - I don't know how to stop thinking about wanting a baby and getting pregnant again. I had a cuddle of one of the babies born around Caitlyn's EDD and to look at her is sometimes so hard. She is smiling, gurgling and just starting to say her first words (well bub bub anyway ) And she is gorgeous and gives me lovely cuddles which is beautiful. But I have a friend who has just given birth to a little boy after choriocarcinoma after her first child, premature menopause due to chemo and failed IVF to ultimately conceive her own little miracle. She is my vision of hope when it looks like all is lost.

Here's hoping for that miracle for us all. Have a lovely weekend girls!! xx

Michelle, I am having my cd21 bt today, in about an hour actually so I better get my butt of BB and get organised! I won't get the results till Thursday when I go back to see my gyn but I figure I will have a pretty good idea by then anyway cause I will either have started to spot or not.

I have a niece who was born a week or so after my m/c . I remember having to go to the hospital to see them and thinking everyone would be watching me to see if I lost it when I held her. No one did and I didn't (thank god). I love her to bits but it is hard to look at her sometimes and not think of that time.

Yes I agree, just 1 BFP will do, then we can all follow one by one, Id be happy with that, even if I was last, just knowing that it will happen isthe hardest thing to deal with. I too think about it ALL the time, and I too wonder what on earth i used to think about!! I looked at my gardens this morning and thought yes, I used to love being out there pottering around, i need to get back into something else that give me pleasure. Maybe then the other will jsut fall into place.
    My friend is pregnant, and I just dont know how to deal with it, she is kinda being very insensitive to all i have been thru,and it has thrown me alittle.I feel so mean for not feeling happy for her, but i feel like I need space to deal with it. Man I feel so *****y.. sorry, not me really...
    Hope you are all having a better weekend than I. Next week I will be a box of cherios i tell ya....Hope everyone else is feeling better too, and come on you BFP out there... dust to all...

Hey Chelle,

Well this is another thing we have in common. My best friend is 7.5 weeks pregnant with TWINS her SECOND set!! I also have another very close girlfriend who is a few days ahead of her.

It is funny to see that with one I am totally OK, just so happy and excited for her, no icky feelings at all. But with my best friend I am having a terrible time coping with it. She too can be insensitive on the subject despite not having the best time herself (she had to go thru ivf both times to fall prg). I am finding my best coping mechanism right now is to create a bit of distance between us. It is difficult because we are both part of a very close knit group of friends which makes it a bit hard but I am not sure what else I can do.

I was out in my garden yesterday tidying up and doing some weeding and watering etc - I suggest you get out there, it's surprising what it can do for you!!

***Morning girls, just thought i'd quickly pop in and let you know that I won't be around much this week. My mum is coming to stay with us and we have a busy week planned so not going to have much time or opportunity for BB. I hope when I get back we might have some good news?? It won't be mine unfortunately. I had to end the torture this morning (was starting to imagine symptoms and that is never a good sign...) so I did a hpt - BFN.
    Last edited by Willow; September 18th, 2006 at 07:10 AM.

HI everyone,
    I am so sorry to hear you all so down. I have been so busy I haven't come in here for a while. I really am sorry...

I do understand how it feels I really do... However, once you get that BFP you don't have to have sex for mmmm a few months at least!!! There are lots of BFPs out there for us all. Debbie I understand about wanting to give up - give the procedures a go - I feel sure good things will come from that.
    Michelle - I hear you. Try and dust off the candles and give it a big (????)effort this month.
    Willow - what was your Prog.level? I hope you have a nice week with your mum....

I am going along okay. Feeling a bit achy yesterday and today - I think it's bowel related but it always makes me feel a little concerned... 8weeks and 3 days today. This pregnancy seems to be moving forward more quickly than the last one. I think because I am not feeling as stressed out. Tomorrow is my next obs u/sound visit. I am nervous about that too. I am not sleeping well with 3-4 toilet stops a night! Not complaining though.

I haven't helped much in cheering you all up but please know I think of you all a LOT and I am your biggest cheerleader. You will get there okay!!!! :hugs:

OK, very, very quick reply - haven't got my levels back yet Deb, will get them on Thursday at my gyn appt.

I am glad to hear you are well, have been thinking of you too. Good luck at your u/sound, always nerve wracking experiences for ladies like us unfortunately...am keeping you and Egbert in my prayers.

good luck with your levels willow. Well today I feel much more in contact with the world!!! there is a BFP out there for us I know...
    Hey deb, glad to hear all is well with you, keep up the good work.... we will all be joining you soon enough....

Deb, I will be holding your hand in my heart tomorrow as I know how you are feeling. I understand how you are feeling.
    Love and hugs,
    Debbie

Thanks everyone, yes, I know you all know just how tomorrow feels. I will be glad when I have my appointment and hear that all is well with Egbert.
    I will pop in late tomorrow afternoon when I get back in... Thanks so much foryour support...

kirsty Guest

Best of luck for tomorrow Deb

Good luck with the scan today Deb. Another beautiful opportunity to see Egbert!! I'll check in tonight to see how it all went

goodluck deb, hope all went well with litle Egbert!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast