Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take you to conceive after a MC & D&C?

Hi Bliss

Sorry for your loss and that you had to have a D&C. I found out in December last year that bubs was no longer at 10weeks and had a D&C on 19 December. I had my first period on 26 January and the second one on 2 March and we conceived that month. I am due in just over a week. I am sure it will all work out for you and remember that your body will decide when it is ready. I must say that my libido was raring to go in the months after trying to conceive LOL.

Best wishes

how long did it take for your body to stop bleeding after the D&C procedure I had a little bit of spotting just afterwards but this stopped the next day, but today which is 5 days after, I have started spotting a little heavier again is this normal?
    How long did it take for AF to return after your D&C?

Hi Tinsel

Thank you for sharing your story. I am thrilled that you were able to get pregnant again after only two cycles. I hope we have similar luck.
    How fabulous that your time has nearly come and you will be a new mum within a week.
    Very exciting!!
    T

Hi Allie

I had my D&C on the 1st Nov and bled for 7ish days. It wasnt strong enough to have to use anything for most of it, mainly just when I went to the loo or spotting. I have been told 7-10 days is pretty standard and that if you are bleeding much after 10 days that you should tell your doctor.
    I am thrilled as I got AF a week ago, so only after 3.5 weeks from the D&C. It has been long though, with a week of spotting, and then it has set in properly. I was a little like this pre MC and was hoping that my cycle patterns would have changed!
    So once my OB returns my MC test results on Mon and assuming all is OK, hubby and I can try again. What a great xmas present if we can conceive in the first cycle. Know not to get my hopes up and happy to wait the few months it takes.
    Good luck

Bliss - after my first MC in july i had DC and only had light bleeding for a few days - 2nd MC in november i didnt have DC and bleed like a medium/heavy period for 4days i think it was!
    after my first MC AF arrived i think it was 32days later - so that was pretty good!
    I only had my 2nd MC on 7th November so im still waiting for AF to come! hopefully it wont be too long!
    Hope that helps!
    anyway questions just ask!

oh Bliss, How exciting for you all the best for christmas and all the baby dust I can muster for you in the new yearI feel a bit guilty that I want to start trying again straight away but we have decided to start again for FET in February all things being back on track of course, we have 4 frosties left. our FS clinic closes over christmas and part of Jan so even if AF comes back soon I will still have to have a couple of months rest (if you can call christmas rest)
    I feel better about the bleeding thanks I guess I expected that once it stopped it wouldn't start again till my next period I'll relax a bit now.
    I sooooooo really hope you get the special christmas present that you are hoping for.

Hi Blizz

No need to feel guilty...we are going to try again already! May as well try and try again!!Have a fabulous Christmas (and rest if you can grab any!).
    I hope the New Year brings you all you wish for.
    B

Bliss, best of luck with your Christmas list, I hope *santa* is listening!

With my first loss, it took 7 months to get another bfp (which ended with a natural m/c) and then it took 1 cycle and I got a xmas bfp last year! Hoping you get yours this year..

Lisa

Five months, but I lost that one, too...

crazymumma Guest

Hi,
    I MC in August and trying again atm after a 2 month break. hoping there will be a little christmas surprise for me? I am due on the 23 December.
    All the best to everyone TTC

good luck, crazymumma and everybody!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year.
    Well I waited the 1 month as suggested by my doctor and then to my surprise am pregnant again after the first cycle. So much faster than I expected. I had my DC on 1st Nov and my last period started on 1st Dec, so I am nearly 6 weeks preggie. Only problem is that I am bleeding, so yesterday I had a blood test and tomorrow I have another to see the 48 hour results. I sooooo hope that the HCG levels have doubled as expected...otherwise trouble. I actually feel something isnt right....argghhhhh. Not sure I want to go through it all again so soon, though have to say it would be a lot less emotional this time as I have only just found out plus have no symptoms. Last time I was sick as a dog and was continually having issues before finally having the miscarriage 4 weeks later, so it was emotional for the whole 4 weeks, and then dealing with it afterwards.
    Nervous for tomorrows test. Had HCG level of 3500 which they said was normal for 5-6 weeks gestation, so hoping for 7000!!

Bliss - great news ,great numbers fingers crossed for next BT.

Good news is that my results just came through and they more than doubled. They were 3500 and now they are over 7000. The only problem is that I am bleeding a lot. Much more than just spotting. Spoke to the OB and he said it could still be too early to tell, though he hasnt lost faith in this pregnancy yet. I am booked in for a scan at 8am on Monday morning, so only 3 more days to wait!

Thank you for your good wishes

best of luck bliss!

and here are more:hugs:

Bliss - I will be praying for you.

Bliss - I will be praying for you over the weekend. I hope all goes well on Monday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast