Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss #3 May '08

Vanaithi - sorry to hear AF has arrived and is showing her extra nasty side However, like all the lovely ladies say in here...a fresh start and a new chance.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Where theres hope! Hope you had a lovely day, wishing you a happy and healthy year ahead (and sending a tonne of as your b'day gift )

I have been having very weird pains in my uterus for about a week and its a bit uncomfortable. Its not like cramping, more like pinching or scraping. I have felt little pains like this and terrible AF pains (when AF is here) on and off ever since my D&C. Has anyones else's AF pains increased or otherwise since their m/c / D&C's?

Im thinkin I might go and visit my fs again, as he said to come back in April (a little over...oops) to see how things were going, and if not pg by this time, to start looking into IVF or other AC options. I also prob need to have another HSG test done to see if my left tube has 'unkinked' itself and is all clear. Its been about 6 months since I had the op to release it so it might have straightened out by now.

Anyway, thats all from me for now....still chipping away at this work...getting there, slowly, very slowly

Issy

hey issy,
    ive definitely had wierd pains since the MC...wierd cramy things in my uterus too, that are definitely new! Aslo, AF was really really painful this time too, which is the same as it was before the pregnancy...uptill no its been really light (both flow and pain)..so im hoping this means that my body has fianlly gone back to normal?(6 months later!!)

AJC: glad to hear the spotting has stopped, hopefullly it stays away...

hello to everyone else thinking of you all

Vanaithi - sorry about af. this is the last time you see her for 9 months!

WTH - Angelbabies used to make THE BEST cybercakes. So I think we should bake you a beautiful chocolate mud birthday cake for you smothered in babydust of course.

Acria - am sure you'll have your BFP before you go to the clinic so that's good thinkin

Want to thank each and every one of you for the great support over the last 24hrs

Well 24hrs spot free now - woohoo. It was like brown mucous, yucky old brown mucous. Perhaps this bub is just going to be a fussy as his/her Mum and didn't want to share the womb with yucky mucous. Will sleep so much better tonight.

Sending bucket loads of to you all.

AJC--So relieved for you that the spotting has stopped! :woot:

issy--I've had light cramping off and on ever since my m/c,--nothing too painful. My first cycle after was much heavier than usual, but then my last one was so light, it was barely more than spotting for 7 days (which is longer than normal AF for me, but hey, at least it was light the whole time!) Sorry, I know that's not much help! Probably a good idea to put a call in to FS, especially if you're overdue for a follow-up. Good luck, hun!

Vanaithi--Sorry to hear about AF... she sucks! Hope this is her last visit for a long time!

Sorry I don't have much time for personals this morning, I have to get ready to go on a field trip with DS and the first grade classes. Going to the Discovery Museum and then to lunch at a park, so it should be a busy day! Will be thinking of you all, and will check in later this afternoon. Hope you all have a great day!

AJC... it's all going to be fine...it's hard BUT you've gotta NOT stress...keeping you in my

Good morning ladies! AF has left the building!

WTH...Happy Birthday!

I am about to get started with the pile on my desk leaving you with

Hi all - only quick - AF showed while I was at work today though it was brown and there's plenty of EWCM there too... So I'm either having an early m/c and it's not showing, or AF has just decided to show herself really slowly.

I'm having a break from everything - I dunno when I'll be back on here - I'll probably sign on one more time to see what ladies say. This cycle has hit me alot harder than my last ones have been because I honestly believed that this cycle was the one, but it's not. I guess I won't be here for a long time, though I will try and pop on every now and then to see how people are. The only thing I will actually be posting in will be the AFL thread as I'm in the footy tipping there and I like to help the best I can.

Again, thankyou everyone for the support, I dunno what I'll do without you all. I love you all so very much. And, as I've already said, this cycle has just taken it out of me - the depression has hit me really really hard and I just can't handle it anymore. If anyone at all wants to talk to me, I'll always be on MSN or Yahoo, so feel free to pop me a line (and there's always my email address too!)

morning ladies

lizjessie- sorry to hear you are feeling so down. sounds like a break is the best thing, this journey depletes us all so much in every way, and it is great that you can recognise when you need to take time out to repair. hope you still pop in to say hi every now and then and i wish you all the best.

issy- don't know about pains but i just have weird feelings in my lower tummy, sometimes a slight pain but more just a slight discomfort ever since the m/c and d+c and my AF pains have increased too. are you feeling a bit better now emotionally? not long till o now...I just got some EWCM today so it's all happening!before we know it we'll be back in that dreaded TWW...

AJC- YAY for 24 hours spot free! i am sure it was just bub settling in and getting cosy for the next nine months.

WTH- a belated happy birthday for you, hope you had a great day

smilanatu- yay that AF has left, now o is just around the corner, this cycle brings some good news for you

jen- how is your TWW going? any symptoms yet or is it still too early?

to everyone i have missed, a big

AFM i am still feeling positive about things, feel like i will o in the next couple of days and hopefully with the B6 i'm taking i will have a longer luteal phase this month. i feel like i am finally getting through to DH that it is ok to admit we are TTC (he has this weird superstition where we have to pretend we aren't TTC then it will happen...)anyway yesterday after we BD'd he said "go little swimmers, go catch the egg!" it was really cute and totally out of character and still makes me giggle thinking about it...

hope you all have a great day, here's some more for good measure

pbstar--Oh, what a cute, sweet thing for DH to say! Good luck with O in the next couple days-- go little Thanks for asking about me I can't believe how quickly this cycle is going for me! It's hard to believe I'm already CD23, and supposed to test in 8 days (supposedly, who knows), I can't even say for sure that I O'ed--I'm just assuming that I had to have since it's day 23. No symptoms of anything...

Oh, LJ I'm so sorry! You sound so sad Sorry it's been such a tough cycle for you, maybe you're right in taking a little time off (hopefully not too long, cuz we'll miss you!). Please check back in with us and let us know how you're doing! You're always in my thoughts and prayers, take care, hun, and don't give up!

smilanatu-- :woot: AF's GONE!!!!!!!! Fresh start for you, good luck this go-around! this is it!

LizJessie - I'm sorry things have been hitting you hard this cycle, chick. Like you thought of me, I was expecting you to be 'expecting' now also. We'll just sit together Seriously though, take care of yourself. TTC is tough, and it's normal for it to get you down sometimes and for things to feel hopeless. So take some time out, look after yourself. We're all thinking of you.

pbstar - very sweet thing for you DH to say Mine still giggles everytime I call them swimmers. He's the kind who'd also seem to rather not talk about it. I think he has trouble connecting with the idea of it until I get pg, and actual show, have movements with the baby, etc. I'm the one doing the reading, researching on what can be done to reduce m/c chance, taking vitamins, giving up things...he just has sex -_-. Oh well..

AJC - So glad to hear spotting has stopped! Take it easy all the same, but I'm sure everything's going to be just fine

Smilanatu - Good luck with the work, and woohoo on AF leaving! Fingers crossed she doesn't come back for some time!

Issy - I'm actually having trouble remembering what it felt like after my m/c and D+C. I don't think AF pains were worse, but for a month or maybe a little more afterwards, whenever I went to the toilet (mainly to pee), it was quite uncomfortable in a way I'd neve felt before. Felt as though I was..ripping inside around my bladder and uterus and was going to fall out. Obviously they didn't fall out, but it was very uncomfy. Maybe a bit like the scraping you describe. Probably a good idea to talk to the FS.

AFM - Well I'm just going as usual. Staying curled up with the heart and a blanket, in front of the computer on my days off work, hehe. I'm still convinced my BBs seem a bit more tender than usual, especially nipples. I do normally get BB tenderness before AF but this feels different. I'm convincing myself this feels like last time I was pg. *sigh* Only 5 or 6 days DPO. I also have a ..'full' sort of feeling in my abdomen which is unusual. I'm trying hard not to read into things and get my hopes up..it's impossible in the TWW I think though. Oh, and I was very dizzy and blergh the other afternoon! I'm stopping now! lol

Lisa xx

hello ladies! Thanks all for your comfort! Im feeling good today as it is my last day at work. Still havent found another job yet but oh well! eventually...

LIZJESSIE: sorry that you're feeling down. stay positive! (this is coming from me who was depressed about AF after mc just a moment ago) but STAY POSITIVE! I've been having negative thoughts since before getting married cos I thought if I wanted a baby so badly I would jinx myself & never have one - I was always scared that there was something wrong with me & I wouldn't be able to conceive! But I have decided to change my way of thinking as of today. Your mind affects your body! Im determined to have a bub next month! Start by reciting every day: I WILL HAVE A BABY NEXT MONTH. I WILL HAVE A BABY NEXT MONTH. I WILL HAVE A BABY NEXT MONTH! (Probably in your head is the best way to do this. People might look at you funny if you're at it aloud!) Anyways, LJ, hope you feel better. I know there'll be times where you cant help feeling like crap, which will be like me in the next few days... but hang in there! keep reciting those words in your head! all the ladies have been through it & are feeling it with you. Hope I've helped somewhat...

ISSY: my period is much heavier than before... yesterday was day 2 & I had 2 pads in at one time! & I think its more crampy & painful too... & yeah, I get funny bumps in the belly now. even not during AF. it feels like little thumping sometimes, about 3 or 4 little thumps & then it goes away & then maybe comes back. now & then it does that. maybe once a day or so. im rambling. But yeah something's happening in there - at least I know it (whatever it is) is working! Well hope that was helpful, cos it sure confused me!

OK thats all folks! WISHING YOU ALL GOOD LUCK & BFPS! HUMP LIKE MAD TIL YOU GET THE BABY IN YOUR BELLY!

& REMEMBER: " I WILL HAVE A BABY THIS MONTH! I WILL HAVE A BABY THIS MONTH! I WILL HAVE A BABY THIS MONTH! "

Hi everyone!

Thanks to:
    Jen, Tina K, Molly Cat, PLC, Acri, Vanaithi, Issy, Smilanatu and PB Star for your birthday wishes and bonus baby dust. I hope I have not left any one out.

AJC - I hope your spotting has passed. But just to let you know, I had spotting with my first pregnancy exactly like you described at 6 weeks and 9 weeks. I saw a different GP each time and they both said as long as there was no cramping, it was a small amount, and not fresh (red), not to worry. They did send me on for scans which worked out fine. At 40 weeks I delivered DD. It is hard not to worry, but it does sound like you have the best possible scenario as far as spotting goes. Thanks for the cyber birthday mudcake sprinkled with baby dust - it was a great birthday present

JODSAN - thanks also for your birthday wishes and the extra lupus info. I have typed up a page of clever questions ready for the FS two weeks today.

JENUSHKA - I had a lovely birthday, thankyou. Had a nice long lunch with DH and DD then a trip to the playground. Am catching up with the rest of my family this weekend. to you for this weekend. Have a great one.

ISSY - I have had strange feelings in my uterus since my D&C on March 31. Basically very strong O pains, but then light cramping throughout my luteal phase. I am going to ask my FS about this to rule out endo or a cyst. My thinking is it could be to do with the sensitivity of the lining down there, after all the major trauma it has been put through.

As you can see, I have changed the age on my sig. Hopefully next time I have to do that I have a nice big belly or something precious in my arms (aside from my beautiful DD)

Have a great weekend everyone

WTH - It's a little late I know, but wishing you a happy birthday!

pbstar - good luck for O time and LOL at your DH Mine has been a bit like that too with the funny comments, I had a scan to check my progress before I Oed this month and found out I was going to O from the left ovary, so the other night he reckons he "shot to the left"! LOL Hope that's not TMI

LJ - I'm so sorry to hear that AF showed up I remember you from this thread last year when I fell pg, and it's just not fair that it's taking so long for you. Take care of yourself and I hope the break does you good.

smilanatu - yay for AF leaving the building!

AJC - so sorry to hear about the spotting, but yay for it being gone now and hope it stays away for you. Good luck for the 3rd of June, that's an excellent day you know, it's my DD's birthday that day - I hope that's a good sign for you!

Issy - I haven't really noticed any changes in pains around AF time or any other time really since my D&C. I reckon if you're worried going to see your FS is a good idea, get things all checked out.

Vanaithi - sorry that AF is not treating you well

Hi to anyone else I've missed, it's just so hard keeping up with everyone in this thread. I reckon we all need to leave really soon!!

Me - 2 DPO today and nothing much happening. I started using the progesterone pessaries the other night, so here's hoping they do the trick. They are actually not as bad as I thought they'd be, but I'm getting a bit of cramping and sore BBs - oh well as long as they work I don't care. And I'm off to see the FS next Tuesday, so it will be interesting to find out what he thinks our next step should be.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Hi girls,

I have finally been to see a naturopath and I love her!! She has diagnosed me with estrogen dominance which is what I thought, she thinks its just gone a bit out of whack since the mc. So we are doing all these things to assist elimination of toxins and excess hormones from my liver. I am going on a two day juice fast over the weekend to speed up the process and I am also booked in to have colonic irrigation on Sunday. I should be feeling great by the time I O this month

AJC - So glad the spotting has gone. I'm sure everything is going to be fine.

LJ - I cant speak highly enough for having a complete month off. It just gives you some emotional space from the whole process. I feel as though I have come back completely refreshed and I have the past 6 months of TTC in perspective. We used protection last month so it could be a proper break without wondering. Sounds like it might be really helpful for you? Hope you're ok

Acria - Oh it does sound quite promising, hope the TWW flies by nicely for you.

Vanaithi - I'm with you, positive thinking is a very powerful tool!

pbstar - How funny is DH. Really hope the swimmers got the extra encouragement they needed!

Big hello to everyone else, I know I'm missing sending personals to you, hopefully I'll catch up over the weekend!

Sorry girls, I can't keep up!! lol. There's too much to catch up on!! I've been busy trying to pack and finish uni stuff, ahhh...
    But I am still here! So sorry for no personals, I'm too far behind!! I will try and keep up now!!
    AJC-I saw ur sig and went back to see what happened. I know that horrible feeling in ur stomach when you see spotting it was nothing for you, just the little bub getting nice and secure in there
    Hope you all have a good weekend planned!!

jen- you sound so sane and calm this TWW...hoping some of that rubs off on me next week! the next week goes just as quickly for you and for your BFP.

acria- yeah i guess our DH's have their own way of dealing with things, sounds like ours are very similar. i too am doing all the research, vitamins etc and if i even talk about any of it he gets cranky...thank god i can talk to you ladies or else i'd go nuts! PS your symptoms sound good, fingers crossed for you!

megsmum- LOL at your DH too! very cute!hope his aim was spot on!

i hate to rub it in for our friend's in the USA but YAY, it's the weekend for us!!! but only one more work day for you girls and you are more than welcome to send a back at me on monday morning when you're still having sunday morning sleep in's!

saw there spialist today and he said we can TTC, at long last , was abit worry about the pain i had last AF, i have a scan on tuesday to see what lining is doing and BT.

Bettyboop
    :woot:

What great news!!!!!
    Hope to see a BFP soon.
    Goodluck
    Take care
    Chris

Hi everyone - i have been such a slack heap of rubbish but just so pooped these days and doesn't help that DS is a bit crook with teeth coming thru or cold or something else - who knows? just hope he gets better soon.

I love the chatter in this thread - we rip thru a thread in days!!!

Still so pleased for the girls who got a BFP and can't wait to hear of more heading in that direction!!! AJC honey - sending you extra special positive vibes for ur scan - must be dragging for you but won't be long now.

WTH - glad u had such a lovely bday - hope ur doing well sweet.
    jenushka - all the best for a great bday tomorrow - hope it's extra special!

vanaithi - so sorry about AF hun - ur getting closer to ur BFP tho

issy - hey hun - can't hurt to get ur pains checked out with ur FS - hope ur tube is unkinked by now!!

Acria - honey - it's hard isn't it when you have so many symptoms that may or may not be what you are hoping for - GL sweet - I hope the TWW goes as fast as possible for you!

jodsan - yay to u for going off to the naturopath - GL for gearing up for o.

megsmum - GL with the pessaries and GL for ur FS appt - hope he is treating you with all the detailed attention u deserve.

LJ - big hugs - already posted you in the other thread just wanted to wish you well again.

SJ - hope ur doing ok sweet - glad ur hanging with us (but not glad - ykwim).

pbstar - all the best gearing up for the big o -

jen - gosh! ur almost up for testing again? well let me get in early with the super positive vibes for you.

betty - yay for you - got get him tiger!! GL for scan!!

Hey to everyone else - i think of you all heaps and wish you well always.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast