Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss #3 May '08

Evening ladies - the weekend has arrived!

plc - thanks for the positive vibes. I actually feel calm again this evening and I even went to the loo this afternoon and without thinking I didn't even check my knickers.

bettyboop - let the bd begin! Good luck, sending you bucket loads of babydust.

Sarahjane - thanks. Am thinking that it was just bubs snuggling in tight.

Jodsan - glad you are happy with your naturopath. It makes such a difference when you have faith in someone. I'm sure you'll have your BFP soon.

megsmum - I'm sure you are right and I do take it as a positive sign that my scan is on your DS' birthday. LOL at your DH 'shooting them off to the left'.

WTH - thanks for the reassurance and I'm glad you enjoyed your cake

vanaithi - you sound so strong and positive at the moment that this HAS to be your lucky cycle!

Acria - hoping that your signs will get stronger as the tww passes. Good luck!

pbstar - glad you are feeling positive and hope the b6 helps get your BFP. Did for me first month trying.

smilinatu - thanks for the

jen - hope you enjoyed the field trip.

And finally LizJessie . I am sorry to hear you are feeling so down atm. Perhaps you do need to have a break for a cycle or two. Recharge the batteries and before you know it (and probably without trying) you'll have your BFP. Please believe that it will happen because it will.

And to everyone - sending big big and lots of

Have a great weekend.

I finally found time to sit down and catch up on all your posts. DH is watching the football with the DSS, lol.

Angel Babies - I'm not sure if you are still around to read this... but I jsut wanted to let you know that after reading all the messages people have written to you, I'm sad that I never had the chance to get to know you. You sound like a wonderful and caring person, and I really wish you all the best. I hope something amazing happens for you

AJC - I can't wait for you to come in here after your scan and tell us that you saw your healthy and happy bubba and that everything is perfect!

Jenushka - Happy birthday for tomorrow. I hope it brings you all the joy and happiness you could wish for

Mollycat - Your new room sounds fabulous! At night I dream of a room that kind of size! I can't wait until I move into a bigger house.

WTH - Happy belated birthday! Was it a wonderful day for you?

plc - 7 weeks tomorrow! How exciting for you! I hope your DS is feeling better, the poor little tyke

Acria - I hope your pregnancy symptoms are right on the money. Will you be able to hold out for another 9 days before you test? I can never wait. I start testing ridiculously early and go through stupid amounts of hpt's. Luckily I bought some hpt's from ebay at a cheap price so I don't mind testing lots so much. And when I fell pregnant (yep that's right, I tripped over and a baby fell in me... hehehe), the cheap tests gave me my first positive

Issy - I'm not sure about your uterus pains. I hope they are getting better for you. Maybe I was just lucky, but after my d&c I only had slight cramping for a couple of days and my cervix was sensitive for just over a week. I haven't had an AF yet though, so I don't know whether the pain wis worse. Fingers crossed it's not though. Hopefully your fs can be a bit more helpful than me

Jen - How was your field trip? The Discovery Museum sounds great and I hope the weather was fantastic for your lunch in the park.

LJ - You poor sweetheart, you sound so down. I'm sure there's not much I can say to make you feel better. But I will keep you in my thoughts and keep my fingers crossed that the sun starts to shine for you soon. Take care xoxox

pbstar - I'm going to try to borrow some of your positive vibes. I've been feeling increasingly frustrated and depressed the longer that I don't ovulate, but I'm trying not to stress too much in case my emotions can hinder things. Hopefully we'll both ovulate in the next couple of days. Although I think it might still be a little longer for me because I think I still have some hcg left. I'm glad that your DH is embracing that you are TTC and based on the cute thing he said, it sounds like he's super-excited about it too

Vanaithi - I'm chanting "I will have a baby this month!"

megsmum - Good luck with the pessaries. It's amazing the things will will do and how much we can get through in order to create our precious little bundles!

Jodsan - I'm glad your naturapath appointment went so well. Hopefully all the toxin and hormone elimination is exactly what you need. How is your "juice fest" going?

SaraJane - How sweetness, how are you going? I hope your Uni stuff is going well.

bettyboop - I'm sending you lots of "lining thickening" thoughts

As for me, my bestest work mate is leaving to travel the UK I really really really don't want her to go, and I'm seriously considering stealing her passport... I'm sure she's going to have an amazing time over there, I just know I'm going to miss her heaps, especially on thursday's because we called it "our day" at work (we both worked 11 hours together every thursday). She's having her going away party tomorrow night and it has an "international" theme. Everyone has to come dressed up from another country. I'm dressing up in an Indian sari because my DH is anglo indian and his sister has a bunch of gorgeous outfits. Now that I'm married I get to wear the red forehead dot too, lol.

Morning ladies! It's FINALLY Friday!

pbstar...have fun bding...CATCH THAT EGGIE!!!

jen...I sure hope so! Hope you get a BFP this time around!

Acria...Thank you! You seem to have some good signs! Be positive!

Vanaithi...we all could use those vibes of positivity!!! THANKS!!!

WTH...glad you had a wonderful day!

megsmum...you're officially in TWW...get that BFP!!!

Jodsan and plc1805... hey gurlies!

bettyboop...good news that you finally got your greenlight!

AJC...you are sooo welcome...it's all gonna be fine!

Hey...to anyone I've left out!

We need some

Good morning my friends!

Vanaithi--Good luck in finding a new job! I'm going to use your chant: I will have a baby this month! Hope AF has taken it easy on you!

Jodsan--So glad to hear you enjoyed your appointment with the naturopath! It always helps when you feel like you're doing something proactive to give yourself that needed boost! Good luck on the 2 day juice fast--don't be surprised if you start feeling a little grumpy from lack of food! Can't say the colonic irrigation sounds like any fun at all, but whatever it takes, right? Dedication, I tell you! Praying all goes well, and you end up with a BFP the very first cycle after your break!

Hi SaraJane and Where there's hope! Hope all is well with you lovely ladies!

pbstar--Thanks, that's a great compliment! I've really been trying to stay sane and calm--I haven't really had much time to stress, this cycle has just gone by so fast! I'll send you some calm, sane vibes for you for next week!
    Ok, : right back at you! I won't complain too much, because at least it is Friday--but will make sure to get you back on Sunday! And double then because we get Monday off, so we have a long weekend! Woohoo! Woohoo!

bettyboop--Oh, honey, I'm so happy for you! Welcome back to the rollercoaster ride that is TTC!!

plc-- You're so funny, you're definitely NOT a slack heap of rubbish--being preggie is a lot of hard work! Thanks for the super positive vibes--it has gone very quickly, hasn't it--seems like just yesterday that I tested!

AJC--You sound so much more calm and at peace! So happy for you that all is going well! You can never get enough

KrystieLove--Sorry to hear about your mate leaving... is it something permanent? Hope you enjoy the going away party--maybe we should start calling you Pochahantas! (not sure if I spelled that right! lol..)

smilanatu--Just saw a new e-mail popped up--I'm sure it's you posting since we always do at the same time! Don't want to check now, or I'll probably lose this post, so I'll just say hi for now, and hope your Friday flies by! Enjoy your long weekend!

jenushka-- Wishing you a year of happiness, good health, and a Enjoy your day!

Good Morning to everyone

AJC - so glad the spotting has stopped for you
    Jenushka - to you, (ok i'll stop singing now)
    Bettyboop - so happy everything is coming together for you, you really deserve a quick BFP after all that you've been through.
    PLC - you're just so slack - fancy not doing personals for everyone. no seriously building a baby is very tiring work, takes a lot of energy and you and bub come first. Take lots of rest when you need to.

AFM - I still don't know what my cycle is up to. I had a day 21 test on Thurs, have to wait for the results of that to find out if I O'd. My temps are still all over the place.
    Extension Update - We now have walls - the plasterers were in yesterday and put all the inside walls up, they'll be back on monday to sand off all the extra bits. We are installing the kitchen over the weekend and the electrician will also be back on monday to hook everything up. We now have stairs so at least I don't have to always go around the house to get to the back yard. It's looking really great, another week and they should be finished I'm so sick of stuff sitting all over my house, i never realised how much I had stored in cupboards I didn't use (guess who's throwing stuff out when she packs away?) I'll still have to paint the rooms when they're finished, but we have a long weekend coming up in june so i should be able to do that then.

for each and every one of us

Unhappy

Hi I'm new I lost my baby on Monday @ 5 weeks ... I found this forum after doing a google search on ttc after miscarriage ...

toccara - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. The ladies in here are WONDERFUL so I'm sure you will find comfort in here.

mollycat - hopefully 21dy BT will give you some answers. I think temps are hard to rely on when you are on meds. Extensions sounding better and better every time we hear from you.

krystielove - thanks. Your friends farewell party sounds great and I LOVE your costume choice. Sari's are the most gorgeous things, am sure you'll look great - red dot & all!

afm - found the courage to stop wearing panty liners last night 'just incase'. Had a crazy crazy dream that I was in the Cook Islands and there were green tree frogs coming up out of the sand and walking around on their two hind legs?!? What the?!?! I've been to Cooks but that didn't happen when I was there so might google green tree frogs to see what that symbolises. Almost felt like laughing when I woke up. Maybe my subconscious is trying to help keep me calm.

Anyway to all and have a FABULOUS weekend!
    Last edited by AJC; May 24th, 2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo

Hi Toccara-- So sorry to hear of the loss of your baby Please know we're here for you if there's anything you need, or any questions you have, or even if you just need to vent. The women in this thread are the best, and are so caring and supportive, I'm sure you'll feel at home here! Sorry again for your loss.

AJC-- that was a crazy dream! What did you learn from your google search on green tree frogs? Do you guys have Geico car insurance there? We have commercials that have a talking gecko that walks around on its hind legs! Glad to hear you're able to stop wearing the p/liners!

mollycat--See, we're true cycle buddies--we've both got jacked up cycles this month! Sounds like the house is coming along! One more week, how exciting!

jen - from what I have found so far, green tree frogs are a very positive thing. Found a few different meanings (life changes etc) but they all are positive so that makes me feel a little happier given my eventful week. I've been wanting to buy something for bub - just to be positive even though I know it's tempting fate. So I think I'll look for a nice green toy frog. I'm terrible - I already have a stack of baby gap stuff that I've bought over the last few years on my trips to US & Canada. We don't have baby gap here. I get to use it this time.

Oh, a green tree frog toy would be perfect! I have 2 green tree frogs with yellow and red highlights on my right hip. They're pretty cool looking--very tropical, and they were also done in UV ink, so with a black light will glow in the dark.

wow that green tree frog dream is amazing - i mean what a specific thing to dream about and how cool that the dream is meant in a positive light.

mollycat - can't wait to check out ur place when it's done - what a great change for you!!

toccara - honey welcome to our wonderful thread - hope you find what you need here. So sorry for ur very recent loss sweet. What does the doc say now for you?

smilanatu - hope things are going better at home with ur darling.

thanks krystielove - we went to docs this morning and he has a virus that he just has to ride out. i asked the doc about me and she said that there is always risk but the baby relies on the immunity of the mother. so just gotta keep well.

Jen - Lol! I'm going as the other type of "Indian". The type from India. It's funny though, because I was thinking about going as Pocahontas though!!

Mollycat - Are you building the extension because you want more room, or are you doing it because you are selling and moving? Either way it sounds exciting, even though the actual process of getting it done sounds like a bit of a pain in the backside

Toccara - Sweetie I am so sorry for your loss. It's such a hard thing to go through and each person's experience and emotions are different. I hope you can take some comfort from other people's journeys. Remember that there is no right or wrong way to grieve during this time, so if you feel like crying, then cry, if you feel like screaming, then scream, or if you just feel like curling up in bed then that's ok too. My thoughts are with you.

AJC - Yay for happy green tree frogs!!

plc - You'll have to tuck into the fruit juices and vegie soups and keep healthy! I hope you DS kicks the naughty little virus soon. It's so sad seeing kids that are sick.

Well, I never thought I would be happy about this, but YAY I got a BFN!!! I did a hpt this morning and there is either no line there, or a line that is so faint that I could be imagining it. It either case I figure that my hcg level is below or almost below the 10 mark, so I should be able to ovulate soon!!! DH and I have been "practising" just in case, so now I can tell him it's "for real"

Thanks for all the love and support ladies no one in my family has ever had an m/c so I have been feeling so alone and thinking maybe I was over reacting... today was the first day snice Monday I didn't cry and feel sad all day... you ladies are really great... I'm ttc again when I feel my body is really...

Toccara - Don't stress too much about thinking you are over-reacting. I felt the same and have been reassured that there is absolutely nothing wrong with how we feel after a loss, no matter how little time we had with our precious bubbas. I found out my little bundle had passed away at my 8w1d scan, and I still think those short weeks I had with her were very precious. And don't be afraid to cry. It's been 4 weeks today since I had my d&c and sometimes I still cry. I think it's natural for us to form an instant bond with the precious lives we create

Hi Ladies,
    Just dropping in to let you know that I am still here, lurking and thinking of you all.

AJC - BIG Am so pleased that spotting settled. IKWYM re: checking knickers. I check mine and wipe (sorry, TMI), every time I visit the bathroom. Frogs walking? Mad dream - I'd see that as evolution, birth, babies....a good sigh! GL for the scan, hun.

BettyB -Hi, sos to hear that you ended up in hospital. GL for the scan, and for TTCing.

AngelB - You had me in tears reading your post from 21st May. REALLY hope to see you back here, or in PAML with a BFP in the near future

Toccara- Hi I am so sorry that you have ended up here, but I am sure that you will find this a wonderful and supportive place. Take your time to heal, it is OK to cry and to let us know how you are feeling. One of my fave pieces of advice from this forum has been 'be selfish. If you can't be selfish now, then when can you'

KL- Glad to hear that your hormones are settling down. Sos that your workmate is leaving. In my job, folks come and go quite a lot and I have mourned the loss of some fab workmates- they are really hard to find. Just make sure that you give her a really good send off, so that she remembers to come back! She sounds like a fab person- I'm glad that she is coming over here!

Acria- Your symptoms sound promising. I have my fingers crossed for a BFP for you.

OK now here is a confession. I usually make notes as I read your threads so that I dont forget what I wanted to say when I reply. Well, today I have not made any notes and guess what ? Yep, cant remember. I'll just say HI to all of you wonderful ladies. I wont list names 'cos I am not superwoman like Jen!

Toccara - hey there chick, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your little one. It's a very difficult thing to experience and work your way through, and by grieving, you are certainly not over-reacting. My family also are the kind who don't talk about things, and none of them have really been through the same thing, so for my grieving process my best friends were my DH, time, and the BB girls. Never be afraid to come on here and have a cry, a whinge, blurt out all your feelings. We all understand and have been through it to. The most important thing for you to do right now is just look after yourself and trust that you'll work through it in time, and have a lovely, healthy baby before too long

smilanatu - thanks for the positive vibes! Fingers crossed!

Krystie - sorry to hear your best mate's moving it's tricky, I know..only with my experience it was me moving away to the UK to be with some strange English bloke (now my DH!). I hope you have a great time at the party, it sounds fab Oh and I have no idea how long I'll be able to hold out till I test. I've been pretty wrapped up with work so I'm hoping that will distract me for another week or so. If I start thinking about the test in the cupboard too much I know I'll use it though!

AJC - thanks to you also for the positive vibes I'm taking them all in lately and directing them to my uterus! In the best way possible!

AFM - Well..my BBs are still very tender. So much in fact that I can feel them with this dull ache starting at the nipples and radiating inwards through them as I just sit here still. DH accidently brushed his arm against them last night in bed cuddling me, and it felt exactly like last time I was pg. So I'm thinking positive thoughts there. I've also been just slightly sickish feeling on and off over thelast couple of days...like last time. Never really nauseous to the point of being sick, but just squeamish and dizzy. I've had that warm heavy sort of feeling in my abdomen for a few days now, and my CM seems to be staying creamy. They're the main things right now..surely I can't be thinking myself into all of them..especially the sore BBs..it's really a unique feeling that I've only ever felt when pg. Oh I hope I hope....

My weekend has just started as I worked most of the day today, though work's always nice and laid back at my job, so it's not so bad Then off to watch DH play soccer tomorrow, where one of the other wives brings their one year old son, who is just beautiful. We read Vogue together on the lawn last week

Lisa xx

Edit: Canary, we posted at the same time Thanks and I hope you're right! So pleased to see things are going well for you

KrystieLove-- I guess that would explain why you would have a red dot on your forehead, huh? Sorry, I have a habit of typing before I think things through! This is strange to say, but congrats on the BFN! lol... I know what you mean, though, I kept waiting and waiting for my hcg to go back down so we could begin TTC again.

Toccara--There's no such thing as overreacting when it comes to a m/c! You really have to allow yourself that time to cry, vent, scream, be angry, ask questions--it's all part of the healing process. I had nobody to talk to before I came here and met the great girls here at BB, and I truly don't know how I would've made it through without them! You'll never find another person in here that doesn't know exactly what you're thinking, feeling, and going through! So please don't be scared to ask any questions you may have--there's no such thing as TMI, and no stupid questions here! Hope you find the comfort that you need here with us! BTW, I see you're a US gal like me (there's not many of us here), most of the others are from Australia or UK so there's a bit of a time difference between us all that can be confusing if you don't realize it's there. Good luck again on your TTC journey, I'm it's a short one for you!

Hey Canary! How's it going my preggie friend? I'm no superwoman, lol, I just use the pen and paper that sits by the computer--nothing super about that! So it's been about a week since your BFP, has it sunk in yet?

Hi mmteacher--Haven't heard from you in a while, hope things are well with you, and you're just busy with the end of the school year! Thinking of you all the time, and sending you bucket loads of

KrystieLove - the extension is for more room. We bought this house about 10 years ago and swore we would never move (we've moved a lot with renting houses). It at the moment has two bedrooms, which my boys have shared one of since we moved in. A 16yo and an 11yo are really not meant to live together for that long, I also do day care at home so any little one that sleeps also uses my boys room, which can be pretty squashy but I can get 4 little beds on the floor and I have a permanent cot also in the boys room all the time, so with the extension we can turn the current kitchen into a bedroom and then spread our boys and the little kids out. I'm almost over it. I'm so sick and tired of looking at all my stuff sitting around the house, my front verandah is covered with furniture, I spent hours yesterday at my parents house doing all my washing and cooked a roast whilst I was there as we also have no stove at the moment. I know it's worth it in the end, but OMG it's painful. ONE MORE WEEK and it's finished YAY

Toccara - Welcome to this thread, so sorry about your loss but am happy that you found us, it really helps to "talk" to somebody about your loss and I found that most of the family just don't seem to understand or want to acknowledge that your baby is still an important member of your family. This is a great place to vent, cry, yell, whatever. We're all here to help each other.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast