Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to conceive after miscarriage or loss - January 2007 #2

Hello, just a quick note - I'm on dial up waiting for a broadband port to become available so I'm not able to read too far back! I'm back on CD3 or 4 after getting faint second lines last Saturday and Sunday, didn't stick though and I've had a shocking visit from AF who hasn't left yet.

Settling into living out west again. Ahh, the heat, the flies, the lack of services! Joy.

Looking forward to catching up properly. I've missed you all very much!

Morgan j - dame the witch! Hope she treats you ok while she is here & prepares your body for a nice healthy BFP next month!
    KBowman - so sorry to you - sounds like something may have been happening there but was not meant to be. Big hugs & I hope DP is coming to visit at the right times this month so you get a sticky BFP in approx 1 month from now! Hope your settling in ok. Flies drive me nuts!!!!!
    Rach75 - thanks for the inspiration!
    Sophia - I think it would be good for you to speak to others in your situation who now have happy healthy bubba's - there must be something about this somewhere on BB? I truly hope your dreams come true for you & the power of positive thinking & self belief should not be underestimated....Stay strong.
    Hi to Kristee, Janeo - sounds like you need to sort your boy out Mine can be a bit unruly at times too & the worst is when they have one too many around O time & then fall asleep or can't be bothered....grrr...
    Me, CD 12 so O time should be anytime soon I hope. All the best to all those on the journey this month!!

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this thread and was wondering if it's ok for me to pop in every so often. I recently had a miscarriage ending with a D&C on the 20th of January. I was about 6 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Am still coming to terms with it, but am really trying to be very positive about TTC again. It's been three weeks today since my op and I am still waiting for AF to arrive. The Dr said between 4 and 5 weeks, but I am so hoping it comes earlier rather than later. Never thought I would be wishing for AF, normally hate to see it arrive LOL! I have to say this week my moods have been horrific. Really bad PMT it seems like, so hopefully I will be blessed next week with the dreaded flow. I look forward to chatting with you and I hope those who are still trying get their very, very soon.

xxx Anita

Welcome to the new people although I wish you didn't have to be here. I want to let you know that we understand how difficult times can be and feel free to join us as we will support you.I hope you get your much wanted bfp's very soon.

As for me no time for personals but want to thank everyone for there thoughts and wishes.
    I'm pretty sure AF is on her way out again, she's only been here for 2 to 3 days this cycle and last which seems a bit strange as she normally lasts between 5 and 7 days. Oh who knows what is going on with my body!!!! My poor DH is having a rough time putting up with me getting cranky at the drop of a hat all the time

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and I promise to catch up on personals in the next couple of days.

*cartwheels* I've got wireless broadband! Couldn't cope with dial up, I could have thrown my computer out the window in frustration because I couldn't catch up on BB news! Almost impossible to enter anything into FF too. So be blowed waiting for a port to become available to have dsl broadband.

Now I'll be able to keep up and post some personals! Just a couple for now, 'cause it's so late!
    Hey there, Mako, sorry to read you've had AF visiting you too. I'm still spotting, when normally AF has hit the road after just 3 days for me. That and what AF has been like makes me certain that I nearly got there again last cycle. Oh well, maybe next time will be the stickiest ever. Fingers crossed.
    *Hugs* Anita, welcome to the thread and, of course, we'd love to have you popping in as often as possible!
    Hello, Mummyto1, thank you! Hope you catch the eggie!
    Shan, how are you going? I hope you're ok - sending you some hugs, warm wishes and butterfly kisses.
    Morganj, I've got my fingers crossed for you! Good luck for when you decide to test. *Just back in to this post to say sorry, I missed your post from yesterday when you said AF had arrived - it is sooo awful when you're convinced AF won't be arriving! I had second lines on Lullaby Conceptions 20 miu sticks (enough to show up in a photo) but still the lines didn't get darker the next day and the day after they didn't show up and then AF did that night. Anyway, hopefully we'll both be getting strong +ve BFP this cycle!!!*
    Janeo, hope you had a therapeutic shop! Have fun at the zoo today! I feel like I work at one, most of the time!
    Kristee, some hugs for you too, hope that AF has left you alone now.
    Sophia, welcome to the thread. I know that sense of hopelessness and the helplessness. It's horrible. Wish you all the best on your TTC journey.
    for Rach and Lisa! Thanks for calling in!
    Hi there, Tink! Hope you are doing ok.
    *waves* for anyone I've missed. Feel like I've been out of the loop for six months, lol. Goodnight!
    Last edited by cheekyfrog; February 11th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

Good Morning Girls.(I know it's early and should be still in bed, but had to drop dh off so he could go fishing)

Kbowman You must be soooo happy to have broadband. I hope you have settled in to your new place and school. I also want to say that I'm wishing you the very best for this cycle as it does seem you were very close this last one

Janeo I hope you've sorted your boy out sweet. They can be so obnoxious sometimes especially when either mates and/or alcahol is involved. Have a great day at the zoo today. I told dh late last year that we will make plans to go to the zoo this year as it has been about 10 years since I went last and even longer for dh (Toronga zoo that is).

Anita I have to say that I'm sorry to hear of your loss and I wish you all the very best for next week

Mummyto1 Good luck with the egg catching hun. Have fun trying too lol.

Shan I hope all is ok with you. Its good to see you pop in every so often while your on a break sweety.

Sophia I'm sorry to learn of your loss hun and I wish you all the best on your ttc journey. Just take 1 day at a time and it will eventually become a little easier to cope with. Remember that you will have good days and some bad days too sweet. Take care.

Morgan I'm sorry that af showed up at your place too. It can be so frustrating when this happens especially when we are convinced that we are pregnant. Lucky for me I have learnt not to read into every little sign these days as I used to do that and be a total wreck when af arrived or got a bfn. I wish you all the best for next cycle sweety.

Kristee How are you doin hun? Has af left yet?

Tink How are you going sweet? Have you o'd yet?

Hi to everyone I may have missed. I hope you are all doing ok.
    And to all those pregnant bellies out there I hope you are all well and thanks to those lovelies who pop in and sprinkle dust and wishes around.You are so sweet.

Default Thank you

Hello Again and thank you to all of those who replied to my post. I'm new at this at was really suprised at the level of support everyone here has to offer. Thank you Rach75 for your encouragement in particular - you made it through all this crap and have your little son...you are so strong.

I'm sure you've all experienced this - THE WAITING IS TORTURE! I can't believe it's less than a fortnight since my mc and even more unbelievable less than a month since I had that wonderful positive pregnancy test. All this emotional turmoil in such a short space of time and now....the waiting. And my husband just wants everything back to normal! He is sick of me talking about it as is my mum - I can understand that totally. On top of it all my beloved little dog died (the day of my pregnancy test) and I've been demoted at work. It's that feeling of being bashed up by the huge baseball bat of life!

I am off to the gynaecologist tomorrow afternoon for a follow up appt after my d and c. Any ideas what I should ask him? I'm pretty sure he's just going to say "Try again and see what happens" but I want to know if there is something wrong etc. I have ovaries which are polycystic however don't have the syndrome. Anyone experienced recurrent miscarriage with this condition? I have read it does happen but both my GP and gynaecologist were dismissive when I mentioned it.

Again, thank you for your help!

Oh, Sophia, no wonder you feel like you've been bashed by the baseball of life! Losing your dog and getting a demotion as well as your m/c, :hugs: You poor darling! I'm not sure what you should ask your gynae as I didn't have a d&c but m/c naturally. I'm sure that someone else here will be able to help you with that though and in the meantime, if you do a search of the forum, it should throw up some answers that may assist you. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow afternoon.

Forgot to say too that I got to hold a gorgeous six month old boy on Friday night, made me SOO clucky! Five of the teachers (or their wives) at the school where I'm working have had babies in the past six months, one as recently as last Monday. All boys too! And another one is 28 weeks pg. Wish it were me!

cd1

oh well am making a appoint to see my RE this month hopefully, and hopefully he will put me on clomid again

morganj Guest

Rach75 - I'm so sorry AF has arrived. Can I ask what RE stands for? I hope you get you BFP this cycle!!! Have you been on clomid before? My GP has mentioned it for me but my cycles are only 5 to 6 weeks long now so I'm not sure if it's worth it for me or not.

Sophia - I'm sorry you've had such a rough month!! Big hugs to you hon!! Yes the ladies on this thread are amazing. Just take it one day at a time and give yourself time to heal.

Mako - Thank you for your kind words - I think I will need to stop analysing every sympton in future. I just couldn't get over how strong they were this cycle though. Must be something to do with recovering from the m/c perhaps or the chinese herbs maybe.

Mummyto1 - good luck catching that egg sweetie!! Fingers crossed for you.

kbowman - congratulations on getting broadband. You'll be wondering now what you ever did without it. The things we take for granted. And thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear about your false positive. How awful for you!!

Neastime - welcome to the thread and very sorry to hear of your loss. You will find lots of support here on this amazing forum.

Not much to report here. DH is off to the UK for two weeks on Wednesday so hopefully I don't O until he returns!!

Morgan only my first 2 pg were natural the m/c and Jack were clomid assisted, my cycles were anywhere from 31-57 days long average 35 or so, I went to see him as we had been trying from Jan after we had Katy and had had no luck, he put us on clomid straight away took 3 cycle for first m/c 3 for second m/c and 2 cycle to conceive Jack, I saw him in Nov for pap and check up and he said give it 3 cycles of no protection and come see him for clomid then

oh and RE is reproductive expert, I forget to not use RE on aussie sites

Hi girls,

Busy weekend spent Sat cleaning out cupboards and things in spare room getting ready to paint in the coming weeks YAY NOT!!! Went through alot of baby clothes and found u/s pictures so was really in a bad mood and emotional then friends came over and one told me she was pg very very hard i held off crying until they left thank goodness but put me in a ****ty mood all weekend didnt help that i spotted again Friday then had really TMI warning creamy cm that was a pale pink colour Sunday... So i dont know what is happening.....

Went to zoo on Sunday had a good day but wasnt as good as Melbourne zoo.... Got some really cute jungle animal book ends for the nursery which i love....

oh well im testing Thursday unless af properly shows up.. No sore bbs, but was a little off when i got up the last two mornings sooooo not sure..

Hi, back again after night duty
    I become a bit of a hermit then so dont do anything except work and sleep. Got a bfn this month so I guess that the count starts again soon - no af but it cant be far off.

I hope you are feeling better soon Jane I know how hard it is to be happy for friends when they tell you they're pg and not be jealous and upset but eventually we do start to feel better. There are 4 people at my work at the moment who are pg and all I want is to be no 5
    Hi to everyone else and hopefully a lot of BFP's in this thread real soon

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,

Mako sorry to hear that AF reared her ugly head at your place.. big for you.
    Feel free to vent whenever you need to!! I'm sure you are going to get your BFP very soon.

Hi Sophia, welcome but i wish you didn't have to be here. Sophia i totally understand how you are feeling, i felt like that after my 2nd loss, but if i had given up no i wouldn't have lost the twins, but then i would never have gotten my DD (7mnths) i have now.
    I don't know somehow you find the strength to carry on. In other words try and see through the rain. Take it one day at a time...give yourself time to grieve and heal it does take time.

Jane our bodies can drive us insane at times can't they. Congrats to your friend on the healthy birth of her daughter. I hope AF doesn't turn up for you.

Kerry sorry to hear that AF turned up for you to and is treating you so badly.

Hey Neatisme, welcome although wish you didn't have to be here! Sorry to hear of your loss.

Rach sorry to hear the witch turned up 4 u too.

As for me, well i am on cycle day 9 and thankfully the spotting has finally stopped!! I have BD 3 times today!! DF hasno idea what has happened, he will just have to try and keep up because i am determined to get that BFP this month.
    Do you girls consider this goodluck for this cycle? - I recieved pink babydust in the mail today just as the spotting finished and i have no idea who sent it to me!!! Is it luck or just plain coincidance????

I was going to write more but DD is teething and making a riot so will be back in the next couple of days
    TTFN

tink07 Guest

Hi Kbowman, Morganj and Mako, still no o, day 22 now! It has been weird as my temp was about 36.4, then it spiked to 36.7 and has stayed at 36.6 each day. Does anyone have any ideas of why this has happened?

Trying to stay calm and positive but just itching to work myself towards a BFP, bit hard when you havent even ovulated yet! All you girls have been so supportive, thank you! I really just think the miscarriage has thrown out my cycle like you suggested Mako.

Hi Anita, I know what you mean re cant wait to get your period after the miscarriage, it took me 6 weeks to get mine so dont fret if it does come late.

Fingers crossed to all you girls coming up to testing time.

Tink x

Hey Ladies - where are you all? Hope your absence is a good things & means you are busy baby making.....Hope you all had a lovely Valentines Day & got spoilt by your other halves....
    So, anything exciting happening for anyone?
    Mako, Rach, Kerry - hope af is getting ready to leave the building!
    Hope all those who have lost their babies recently as dealing with the pain ok & looking to the future...
    Tink07 - have you O'd yet?
    Hi to morganj, sarah066 & Janeo - how are you guys doing?
    Just saw an add for that show tonight 'Saving Babies'. Not sure if I will be able to watch it as babies make me very emotional at the moment - never mind sick ones!
    I am 3dpo today so not much happening here....
    Hi to all the other girls - look forward to hearing from you all soon!

Hi im back been really busy and still no internet at home ARGH telstra but should be back tomorrow... Had meeting after meeting this week so havnt had time at work to get on here.....

Well got a bfn on wednesday, but still no af and no more spotting since Friday of last week so wait and see if still nothing then will retest and if bfn then off to the dr im going, its been 8 weeks tomorrow since d & c and no proper af... If i did o when i think i did then im about 14 days past today.. I have no real signs had some nausuas in the mornings the last 4 days or so but no sore bbs or much else just a tad over it think thats also why i havnt gone out of my way to come on here cause have nothing really to report....

Oh well all the best to you guys and ill be around more often now...

Well i'm with you mummyto1 on that show tonight.I think i may watch it but could change the channel if it gets too much.

Janeo i'm with you atm and haven't got much to report either. AF only hung around for 2 days which is quite unusual for me as i'm normally a 5 day girl. Oh well my body does do odd things at times.
    I hope everyone else is ok.Is anyone up for testing soon?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast