Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss March 2007

The appointment was at 6:45pm but didn't get into see the doctor until just after 8pm, which made for a late night as the town where I went is an hour and half drive from where I live. Anyway, my old doctor was lovely and gave me a form to have my blood tested for antibodies (the negative-positive blood issue), quantitative hcg and a few other tests that he always does. He was a lot more reassuring and congratulated me (unlike the other one, who only observed that I seemed concerned after he scared me by saying that it only looked like i was just pregnant and set off my fears that my hcg levels were already dropping and that I was heading for another m/c already!!).
    I had four vials of blood taken today and I'll ring tomorrow to get the results, hopefully all will be fine. Nothing really to report otherwise, no spotting anyway. No nausea, nothing really. I don't know. Still looking for sticky vibes!!
    Love to you all.

BekZ – So sorry about your baby! I am assured that it gets easier, but still find the tear coming without warning. Hope AF comes ASAP!

Tinsel/janeo & Salt – Hmmm Christmas babies! I never wanted to have a baby around Christmas either, but if we are lucky this month, we might end up with one. Both my siblings were born on Christmas day (2 years apart) which they have always hated. Now I would be thrilled to just have a healthy baby, even on Christmas day! Have you ever heard that you can be more fertile at certain times of the year? Maybe fertility at this time of the year runs in the family..... heres hoping anyhow!

Nicklove – So sorry bout your loss. I hope that everything goes back to normal soon so that you can keep trying and have a lovely healthy baby.

Jenjames – congrats on the witch arriving. Good luck for this cycle.

Salt – congrats on the coverline! That’s great news. I’m trying to not make a big deal about BDing this month for my poor patient DH's sake. He really is so sweet and clucky, but I think he over thinks things and then chokes! Oh well we can only try huh!

Bun – Don’t be sad! Things will work out for you, I can feel it. Nothing wrong with feeling down every now and then, its an important part of healing. Have a good cry, acknowledge what you are feeling and they try to think positive thoughts. (I sound like a cheesy self-help book don’t I!)

Kerry – Good luck with your tests. We are all thinking of you and sending sticky vibes

Hi, to everyone else. Hope things are going well.

Love

Leyla
    xx

Kerry - Glad you had a better experience today. Throwing some sticky vibes your way now.

Thanks everyone for your lovley comments on my 4wk anniversary day. I have been ok, but I have started thinking about the events leading up to the actual confirmation day. I have only just started to remember the horrible feeling each time I went to the loo and saw blood, the waiting to test results (Kerry I so know how you must be feeling now) and the fact that all this went on from wk5 to wk10. I really did not realise what DH and I went through for 5wks up until today. HMMMM now I am scared to get pregnant again, especially if I start spotting. Although I have a little knowing feeling that I just have to try again.

Bun- Just let yourself have a bad day if you need to. This is actually progress. I cracked up one day 6 months after my first m/c for no reason. Hugs and I hope you feel better soon.

SP- I think your dream also meant that you are trying to deal with your fears at a subconscience level. This is a good thing because it is helping you cope.

Hugs to everyone. I will be away for the weekend, so I will drop into tomorrow and that will be it until Tuesday.

Hi girls,

Thank you for all your lovely responses. After another cry last night, I am feeling a bit better today. I just want it to work out next time sooooo very badly and sometimes I am so afraid it never will.

BekZ - I hope you are doing ok. I know what you mean re being scared to be pg again, a m/c is such an awful thing to go through and the thought of going through it again is pretty scary. But, all we can do is try again and remember that it is more likely to be fine next time than to m/c again. I hope you have a good weekend away.

SP - thank you so much for your reply. I was having a really down day yesterday. Maybe you're right - the stress of the 2WW may be getting to me. I have only ever had 2 2WWs before, and on both I ended up pg. I think it is just all a bit much for me atm - my head is telling me I am probably not pg already, but part of me thinks I am, and that scares me! But I sooooo want to be pg!!!

kerry - I am glad you had a more positive experience with this dr. Am sending you tonnes of sticky vibes!!!

Leyla - thanks for your kind words, and no, you don't sound like a cheesy self help book! I soooo hope it does work out for us next time around. Hopefully the christmas baby thing will continue for you!

Hi to everyone else,

Bun xx

Yeah Leyla i felt the same way but should be due around middle of Dec if i o soon..

So update sorry havnt got time to do any personals you girls talk way too much during the day and i cant get on here only on Friday in my lunch break so will try to get on later...

So update i think ill o tomorrow or the next getting o pains like i did when i fell pg last time same feeling and i got them the day b4 i oed last time so fingers crossed....

Bun and SP - Hugs to you both. I hope you have great weekends. Take care of yourselves.

Jane - I hope you are right about Oing and that you hit the jackpot.

I have to go now. I still have heaps of cramps and stuff and EWCM, so maybe I am going to O. Who knows!!!!!!

Chat to you all next week.

I think i will throw a huge hug out there to everyone

sounds like everyone needs it.

Winning the battle with the mind is a big thing. When you m/c I think one of the worst things people can say to you is "at least you can fall pg" Well so what you may be able to fall but then the mind takes over and you wonder if you can carry full term. When I m/c one of DP's brothers said to him.... "Some genes just dont match together" I am sure he didn't mean anything by it but it wasn't helping the situation either. If we can jump that hurdle with the mind, we are halfway there. So I am sending out positive thoughts to everyone.

All have a great weekend.

Jen

I'm jumping in for the group hug Jen....BTW: we're the same age...where abouts in Sunbury are you?

Hi Girls,
    Boy you have all been busy chatting up a storm!
    Hi to the newbies - we all know what it feels like to lose a baby so you are in the best company.....
    Shan, nice to hear from you & get some expertise. Sounds like you've been doing really well - way to go!!
    KBowman - sticky vibes, sticky vibes, sticky vibes, sticky vibes, sticky vibes, sticky vibes, sticky vibes, sticky vibes....that's my does of sticky vibes for you. Hope your BT results come back all good!!
    Bun - some days I think conceiving another baby is the hardest thing in the world & how will I ever achieve it again? I SO know where you are coming from. For some of us it is the fear of conceiving again for some it is maintaining the pg - regardless, it can become a real mind game & some days you feel you are on top of it, some days you are not.
    SP - Maybe some sort of meditation would help ward off those panic attacks. Positibve channeling or something like that. I wouldn't mind giving something like that a go. Maybe we could all try visualisation where we all see ourselves growing a baby inside of us....positive thinking is a powerful thing....
    Janeo - hope you O & have success this cycle. Come to think of it I haven't had O pains for a while so hope this isn't a problem. How many of you girls get them?
    I will catch up with the rest of you girls later - I have read all the posts & know there are a few of us going through tough times, anniversaries etc. Time will heal & I pray that we all have Xmas/ NY babies to celebrate!!!!!!!Love to all.

mmm interesting ??? mummyto1....... By FF last cycle it said i oed but i didnt get any pains, but this month im getting them on the same side i got them on when i fell pg so maybe i only o on one side or i only get pains on that side...

Hello and thank you for continuing to send sticky vibes!! I got the blood test results back today and the hcg levels in fact were done on Tuesday even though they couldn't/wouldn't give me the levels over the phone at the local medical centre on Tuesday afternoon. They were 739 (so the urine test showing barely pregnant at the surgery was a load of phoeey). Yesterday's level was 1331, so it's looking all right. The test showed negative for antibodies so the doctor at the local medical centre also scared me needlessly on Monday about my blood type (A-) and my DP's blood type (O+) being a problem. I'm going back to Griffith tomorrow to collect another referral for another blood test next week to get hcg levels to see if they're continuing to climb. Please, please, please let that be the case.
    Interesting thought, Jane, about O-pain being on one side. Hope you've caught the eggie! And you too Bekz!!
    Thank you Mummyto1 for the sticky vibes, they really do help, I'm sure! Jen, you're right, a big group hug is definitely needed at the moment. Hope you have a great weekend too.
    Salt, I hope that feeling of anxiety lifts, it's such a horrible feeling. I know it well. Hope you're also feeling much better, Bun. *hugs* *hugs* *hugs* for you both.
    I love your theory of special Christmas time fertility in your family, Leyla, I hope you see a magic sticky BFP soon.
    Big *waves* to you Shan, Reneenay, NicoleS and everyone else who has been posting and lurking. I hope you all have the best weekend.
    Love to all.

Yeah it's Friday.....what a week hey??
    Today was my 29th Birthday and DH wrote the most beautiful card....He said " I hope on your 30th Birthday you will be a mum"
    Sometimes I forget that while I'm praying TTC my DH has his own little way of showing his feelings.
    Salt, I hope your little visit was not to painful for you today and that you found a good hiding spot.....
    Thinking of you all..... have a nice weekend

Shan I am up near the Sunbury Heights Primary School. Where are you?

Nicole S - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How sweet of DH to write that on your card - I hope it is the case also....
    Jane - hopefully the O pains this month are a good sign for you. I have heard around the traps that sometimes FF has given false hope & given a coverline when in fact the person hasn't O'd - just goes to show you can't rely on it 100%. I have had a cover line in every cycle I've charted (4) but haven't really had any O pains - only one way to tell huh A BIG FAT POSITIVE....
    Salt - hope you were ok today.
    KBowman - cheering about your HCG levels - onwards & upwards I say!
    Hi to everyone else, have a FABBO weekend!!

I just can't seem to keep up with all the posts, you lovely ladies seem to chat soooooooo much.
    saltprincess what a terrible dream to have
    Bun it was 4 weeks since my DC on Tuesday (dh's b'day) and I was quite sad too :hugs: but I think it is a process we all go through and yes sometimes it can feel like it's 2 steps foreward and then 3 steps back but eventually it will be the other way round and sometimes for some people it is sooner than others, we all heal at different paces.
    BekZ hope you have a great weekend
    janeo good luck, hope you are O'ing and manage to catch that eggie.
    Kerry so glad that you got good BT results I am sending you the stickiest of sticky vibes and have everything crossed.
    Nicole S Happy birthday, what a lovely thing for your dh to do, they can certainly have their moments when they want to hey?
    mummyto1 don't think everyone has O pains, I know I don't all the time, maybe you have had them while you have been asleep so that way you don't know you have had them iykwim.

For me, well so much for me thinking my cycles where going to be straight back to normal, I am on CD32 and still haven't got AF, I had lower back pain and everything this week and now it all seems to have disappeared and my temp just keeps getting higher, with every cycle I have charted they have ALWAYS been 31 days, so come on witch, where the Bl&^%y H#$L are you

Hello everyone! I can't believe in the 10days that I have been offline, so much has happened. (Stupid storms took out our adsl connection!)

Kerry - Congratulations!!!! I'm very happy for you. Although I won't get to be your belly buddy this time, hopefully I will only be a few weeks behind you Some doctors are real ****s - as if we don't know how to read a HPT! Doesn't he realise he is talking to a BB member? lol I'm glad that you changed doctors. I think one of the things I have learnt from last time is not to put up with sub-standard medical care. Your HCG levels look fantastic and I *know* that this baby is sticky bundle *hugs*. What a good bday pressie for you too My bday is just after mothers day, so hopefully I'll have a BFP for my 30th!

Mako - *hugs* Congratulations to you too!!!! I'm sooooooo happy that this natural cycle worked for you. Gives me hope as another PCOS sufferer that it might happen naturally. Looks like you and Kerry will be belly buddies! Your hcg levels sound great too!

mummyto1 - had a squiz at your FF, and it looks great. I have my fingers crossed for you this cycle.

Sharon - I hope you got the OPK's ok, and that you won't need to use them Maybe the lower back pain is a symptom???

Tonners, Leyla, JenJams, NicoleS - Welcome to you all. Sorry that you have had to join us here, but everyone is so supportive and just want I needed to get me through the bad days. I'm sure I'll get to talk to you all more, and hopefully you'll be leaving this thread soon with a BFP.

Jane - I don't know where you get the energy from to BD every second day! LOL - I'm not telling my DH about this, I told him that normal people don't partake that often hahahaha

Shan - Big congrats on the weight loss - that is a great effort! You'll be at your goal sooner than you think

Lisa - so good to hear from you, and see that you are going great!

As for me, FF in it's wisdom rebooted my cycle when it got heavier last week, and gave me a new CD1 - which I am excited about. I just hope that AF will leave me sometime soon and that I get to be normal for once this year! I have my appt on Tues 27/3 and will probably start all the BT's and scans again to figure out when I can start officially TTC again. I weigh in at Curves tomorrow and I think I have lost another 3kgs since last time, so it all helps right? Maybe by the end of April I can start TTC again.

Anyway I have thousands of posts to read, so I had better keep going! lol Hello to anyone that I missed, sorry!

Just a quickie girls....

Nicole, Happy Birthday. I can remember turning 29 last year and thinking nothing of it, and at the end of the year i'll be hitting 30 and all i can think about is "oh...i'm not going to be in my twenties anymore'...lol...i happens to all of us though hey!

Jen - I've only recently moved here, so not too sure where that school is. I'm thinking over behind Gap Road (is it Mitchell St??) i don't know. Could be wrong. I'm up in Goonawarra.

To the rest of you lovelies, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I'm praying for lots of BFP's in the next few weeks. Big cuddles to you all...

YAY Belinda thats fantastic all the best for the FF on tuesday will be thinking of you..

Well ARGH we didnt dtd last night Andrew felt sick ARGH........ But he is home from work soon so will have a go then LOL........ BUt then i read my chart and notes from pg cycle and i had cramps at day 14 then eased a bit and started aching again at day 16 so maybe not right there yet. Oh i oed day 17 last time..... So see what happens...... Oh and then to annoy me more i woke early and in my stupid tired head i forgot to temp for 15 mins so took it early got 35.7 fell asleep and set alarm for 3 hrs later and took it again at 8:30 and got 36.0 so going into FF now to see what happens...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast