Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss October 2007 ~ #2

Hi everyone.
    Zionsmum - Im sorry you're feeling so sad, and believe me we all go through that. Just have to read some of my posts in the past week! I swing from being raring to go, to hating the whole ttc thing, to not wanting to bother etc etc. We all know how it feels, and it's truley OK to feel that way. Hoping you feel better soon.
    Annabelle, Lee, Starrysky, Satya, and everybody else
    Well I've finally got something to report. AF arrived today!!!! Woo hoo!!
    Never thought Id be so happy to get AF. Is exactly 2 weeks late tomorrow, but I am so relieved to finally have an answer.
    Am feeling more poitive about trying again next month too. Actually trying to decide if I should try temping next month, or just go with it. I worry that temping might make me more obsessive?? On the other hand, it may have came in handy to know this month eh? Anyway, you havent seen the back of me, like I threatened. Will order some HPTS from LC for next month (will save a fortune), and get cracking. So to speak
    Just wanted to thank you all again for the amazing support you've given me over the past few weeks, don't know how I would have coped without you all.

hello everone,
    I tested this morning and got a BFN, but.... it was an out of date test and not a sensitive one, so its still possible.....will buy some more tomorrow and hide them to stop me from wasting them until I need them!! I will try to stay strong and not use them unless af is late.
    beaksie, so glad for you that at least you now have an answer....temping could be an interesting way of finding out just what your body is up to these days, with oing and the like.
    I am happy you arent leaving us just yet too.
    will catch up for personals tomoz.
    xxx

Hi everyone,

Lee - any news to share yet?

Starrysky - sorry about the BFN but looking at yur ticker it's probably too early to test yet. Most women don't test positive until the day before their AF is due.

Beaksie - Yay for AF arriving. I would recommend temping cos at least then you will learn when you O and after a couple of cycles you will know how long your luteal phase is too. Once you know that you can accurately predict when AF is due and then only test when you are late. Saves a lot of stress & hassle (and money).

Went to the GP last night. Got to go back today for a BT at the surgery. He's marked it urgent so I should have results tomorrow night after work. Now my only problem is what excuse I use to get out of work to go get it done. If I say I'm going for a BT my coworker will clue in that I'm pg again and I don't want it getting out yet. What other things could I say I'm having my BT for? I thought maybe I could say I'm just getting hormone levels checked again in regard to to my fibroid (she wouldn't know that they don't do that) - any other ideas? I don't want to say I'm going to get petrol or something in case I get delayed and am missing for an hour. My boss is out today so that's no issue, it's more an excuse. Any ideas ladies?

Oh Beaksie im so happy that AF finally came for you, that really is wonderful news. And im glad your ready to get back into it and try again.

Satya- good luck with your bloodtest hun

Well i tested today and its BFN, will try again sunday, thats the day before im due.

hugs
    treelo

Treelo - just love your ticker.

thanks hun, wish is was counting something different though !!!!

Hi All, I was hoping I could join in this thread. I found out yesterday that I had miscarried at 6 weeks, I was 8 weeks at the scan. This was my first pregnancy and we had fallen on our first month TTC. I'm not sure how long we'll need to wait to try again, but we do plan to get straight back into it.

I started spotting on Tuesday night & had a D&C last night. I started bleeding straight after it & have slight bleeding now. I assume I am CD 2 & am wondering if this will be a normal cycle. Can anyone tell me if they had similar experience & did your cycle go back to normal?

Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting you all (some I already met in the TTC 1-6months thread ).

Hi Georgi, im so sorry for your loss hun, its a really hard thing to deal with but you have lots of support here. Please take your time to grieve the loss of your angel.
    I was straight back into a normal cycle from the day my little one passed, but my cycles have been alittle off since. AF seems to come two days early all the time and stuff like that. It helps to use OPK's to see if your ovulating, because that can sometimes be delayed.

best of luck and i hope you stay is short in here
    hugs
    treelo

Hi Georgi. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. I had a similar situation a few months ago. I was almost 11 weeks, and to but a long story short (long version is posted in the 'your stories' section, somewhere), our baby had died at 7.5 weeks. I had a D&C also, and bled for only about two days.

Prior to that, I'd always had regular 28 day cycles, and it took 35 days for AF to come again after AF. Next cycle was 25 days, and sicne then they've been pretty much back to normal, within a day or two.

I'm fairly sure I didn't ovulate for the first two, maybe three cycles, as I get mittleschertz (sp?) when I ovulate (ovulation pain), and I didn't feel it for a couple of cycles, though it's been back now for at least the last two cycles.

I hope this has helped somehow, if you're wanting to get straight back into TTC, OPKs may be a good idea, as someone else said, so you know whether you're ovulating, or if you've been temping, that would help too. Take care.

Lisa xx

Hi all,

Well my mishap yesterday with the car getting towed cost us about $300
    - what a waste of money that was I am trying not to think about it
    but god it makes me so mad - to top it all off was not in the modd for bd tonight
    so i reckon if we conceive this month it is going to be the immaculate conception - well almost!!!!!!!!!

Temping has been really helpful and today is my third day of elevated temps so i am getting more confident that i have Od already !! The CM monitoring is something i shall try to get beter at - i am finding that tricky as i think my CM can vary throughout the day !! Any comments on that would be appreciated

Beaskie - Congratulations !! well at least now you are no longer in limbo and can get all set for next cycle so well done - we are here 24/7 for you !!!

STARRYSKY - let us know how you went with you next HPT fingers crossed for you

Georgi - Oh I am sorry to hear of your m/c it is such a shock when it happens like that. Welcome to our little group - I am rather new here too but it is a great group of ladies and really supportive - best of luck & hugs to you

treelo - hang in there you may have tested too early - best of luck over the next few days.

satya - hi there good luck with your BT - I don't know about a good excuse but can you perhaps say you have to pay your insurance or get a new licence done & have to leave the office for an hour or so?? Or just go home sick with a headache or something?? GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BT - IT WILL BE FINE

acria - hello there I too had a similar thing with a missed m/c it is just really hard isn't it cause you think everything is going well until they tell you there is no heartbeat. Hey just wondering with the OPKs what is the best way to use them - I have never tried them - when do you start testing for ovulation??

Lunch is over gotta get back to work
    Bye for now
    Anna

Hi girls

Sorry to gatecrash... i don't know if you remember me but i was part of this group in may/june this year and found it hugely supportive. i haven't been to bellybelly in ages but thought i would pop in and see how you girls are going, esp Lee, Kiwigirl, Satya, Pash and the others I feel like I got to know last time I was here.

Kiwigirl - i hope your due date is as good as it can be. i remember we were due at about the same time (mine is coming up) and i will be thinking of you on the day. i spent today with a friend whose first bub was due on 25 october, 4 years ago. she has two lovely children now but the pain and the 'what-ifs' are still there

Pash & Lee - i think of you two often, and hope and pray your dreams come true very soon.

Satya, looks like congrats are in order! best of luck with the next 8 months.

Again, i wish you all every success and happiness.

hi all!

treelo- I love your ticker too, its gorgeous! I wish mine was counting something else too....

annabelle- sorry to hear about your car getting towed, what a bummer.
    sorry I dont know much about temping or cm, the opks I think you use depending on your cycle from about day 10???? I cant really remember, only used them once.

acria- hello! how are you?

georgi- sorry that you had to join us, but welcome, I hope we can be of some support to you at this time. I had a similar experience to yours- missed m/c (story is in one of the threads) basically thought I was 9wks, baby was only 4-5wks, found out at my first us.shocking. I found bb to be such a lovely and supportive place for me, I hope you will feel the same. I bled for about 1 1/2 -2 wks after my d&c then it was exactly 3 wks later I got first af, next cycle was only 26 days, have always before mc had 28 day cycle, I am on my 3rd cycle now, so I am waiting to see...

satya- thanks, yeah I know, It was waaay to early, couldnt help myself though. Your excuse about the fibroid thing sounds good, as you said she wont know any different.

beaksie- hey chickie, bet youre raring to go again,

zionsmum- hello! nice to see you again.

pash- hi! as you can tell, I am definately not a patient one!!

lee- hhow are you dear? are you coping? I have been feeling lots of activity down in the pelvic area, thats what is getting me excited, everything else I can put down to pms but not that. cant wait to check back tomorrow to see your results, fingers crossed.

kiwigirl- Hope you are feeling alright, have been thinking about you.

abig to all I have missed. I hope everyone is happy and healthy, as for me, I am ecstatic!! As we speak my dp is installing my brand new dishwasher!!
    it is the first one I have ever owned, I hate, hate, hate doing dishes!!!
    can not wait to use it.
    bye,
    xxx

Thanks so much everyone you are all so wonderful and supportive for writing and thinking of me (hi clareabel and thank you too). Zionsmom, I cried reading your comments too *hug*.

In some stupid twist of fate, AF is due on the EDD too so I'm feeling all hormonal waiting for it to turn up. DH has been really supportive today about the EDD, I guess realising that even though I've been fine for a while now, it's another milestone and it brings up some stuff for women.

satya, I know I've said it before but I so admire your strength and I always listen to what you say - I can't imagine being in your shoes and not having given up, it's so wonderful you are PG again and I really really really want this one to be "the one". looking forward to hearing good news about your BT.

starrysky, enjoy that dishwasher hehe.

Georgi, my heart goes out to you. I'm sorry for your loss and seriously, this place kept me sane when everything happened to me. *hug*

hi treelo, beaksie, acria and everyone else too.

Hi everybody,
    I thought I drop in and see how everyone is going... I haven't been posting for a while after my holidays because I just got disheartened with the whole ttc business and I found myself obsessing too much. The day we came home from the Sunshine coast, AF showed up and I just gave up for a while there...
    There are so many news to catch up on!!
    Satya - big congratulations!!! You so deserve this after all the hard times you have had. I wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.
    Kiwigirl and Zionsmum - I so hear you. Sometimes it's just all too hard...
    Georgi - welcome and I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I had a D&C in early July and afterwards my period showed up after about 5 weeks with some brown bleeding in the middle of it. Sorry for TMI. After that I had one shorter period (25 days), but now they are back to my normal 27-28 days. I wish AF wouldn't show up at all and surprise me !!!!!!!
    Kbowman - are you still around? I wonder how you are going??
    Treelo - how are you going? Good luck with the testing. I am too scared to test before AF is overdue, I just get myself worked up too much!
    Pash - a big hello to London - it's nice to see that you are still lurking.

A big HI to Beaksie, Starrysky, Annabelle, Acria and everyone else I have missed!

satya - OMG I didn't even know you were UTD! Congrats and here's hoping everything comes out well... I'll be praying for you! I sent you a PM too.

Penny - Your chart is looking mighty fine - here's hoping you get yourself a nice BFP too

Hi to everyone else I know in here - I'll be popping in and out of here

hi penny and lizjessie, so nice to have you back, have been missing everyone lately.
    xxx

Hi everyone,

I had my BT yesterday. I had to wait ages and burst in to tears on the nurse. She asked too many questions...she did this once before while I was having hormone testing done. Probably not her fault really though as the hormones really kicked in yesterday and I felt like crying half the day. I sat at my desk and had to hold off the tears at work several times and cried as soon as I got home, for no particular reason. My workmate didn't make it easy on me, I didn't tell her where I was going, I just said I have to pop out for a little while, I'll be back soon. She was cranky as when I returned an hour later. She's had heaps of doctors appointments (not to mention some job interviews) during work time so she should know better. I only have 4 more days to work with her so I'm sure I can survive that, after that I will have a temp until they recruit someone new. I get my results tonight after work. I am so hoping for a nice number. Not sure when I will get back on to post the results as we have DstepD for the weekend and DF doesn't like me online when she's about, but I will try to squeeze in a little time if I can. I'm hoping for a nice high number.

Kiwigirl - I'm glad to see you appear to be feeling a little stronger now - that's how I read your post anyway. Trust me I've had plenty of moment when I've given up - and to be honest I had completely given up 3 weeks ago - I thought my chances of ever having a child were zero - and look what's happened just 3 weeks later. You really never do know what's around the corner, that's something I've learned in life. My life has always been a bit days of our livesish - full of drama - but I have learned to expect the unexpected.

Georgi - sorry about your loss. My AF returned to normal pretty much straight away after all my losses, except since March this year my cycles have been a little shorter (but that could be my age as I'm an old chook).

Annabelle - that $300 bill must've hurt!!!

Claireabel - I remember you. Glad to see things are going nicely. I've never got myself out of this thread. I had another false start a few months ago and almost got out of here, here's hoping that this one's a sticker and I can move on fully to PAML instead of just dipping my toe in over there.

Hi Penny nice of you to pop in.

LizJessie - nice to see you. I've been wondering where you've been hiding.

Anyway, I'd better get going. My precious pup is hovering over my keyboard licking my fingers, I think that means she needs some attention.

Good Morning,

Thank you all so much for your wonderful welcome and all those hugs. I'm so glad I found this thread.

I'm doing ok. I was fine all day yesterday, knowing that it won't be long before I fall pg again but last night I got a little sad and I ended up feeling down all night. I'm ok again now, and guessing it will be a little emotional rollercoaster for a while. I accept that.

QUESTION:
    When is it safest to start TTC again? Should I wait a cycle or is it ok to get straight back into it? A friend of mine had a D&C then fell pg within the first 4 weeks. I haven't asked my ob cause I won't see him till next week sometime but thought you all would probably know, or have an opinion at least.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast