Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ August 2010

Reet - Starting to get excited now.. hehe. I'm hoping I have the energy to get up and make him breakfast before he goes off to work most days, and just do other nice things too. I don't know about washing the car.... it's too high for me to reach the roof and I don't want to be balancing on stools! I'm sure he won't mind sharing money with me (we basically pool everything now anyway) but I'm so used to having my own little stash of cash after bills are paid etc. I'm sure I'll get past it though. [email protected] your kangaroo pebbles... hahahaha. I can't say I've experienced any constipation yet.... I wonder if that's a bad thing? So glad you made a ticker, too. Very cute.

Kellie - My next scan is on the 2nd of September. Not long to go now... yay. I haven't heard anything about a going away party, but honestly I don't want one. It'll just make me all emotional lol. I did notice the boss was acting suspiciously yesterday though, walking around with coins jingling, then going back to his office, then visiting someone else, more jingling coins, then back to his office..... he didn't come to see me at all, so I can only assume they're getting a card or some kind of small parting gift. I don't mind if nothing happens though, I'm really not phased at all. So glad your DD is back to her cheeky self. What a relief that must be. To answer your question, I think 6 weeks should be ok for a scan, but you may not see a hb. Try to prepare yourself for that and not have a mini-freakout..... it's hard, I know, but just remember bubs is still so tiny.

Clairesmummy - I stand by my prediction. Your friend is trying to tell you it won't be long until you're handed your little bundle. If this month is not your BFP month, then my bet is on next month.

Mum22 - It's not the depth of colour in the line, a line is a line! Don't worry about how dark it is etc, you'll drive yourself crazy! Try to think positive thoughts.

Melster - Get your neck checked out!!! My sister had a problem with the nerves being compressed in her neck, causing a lump like you described (and bad headaches). The doctors called it (excuse my spelling) Ocipital Neuralgia. She said she woke up in the night with a headache so bad it felt like her head was exploding, and she was involuntarily screaming in agony. Sorry if I'm freaking you out, but seriously, see a doctor. And get a REALLY GOOD pillow. I have neck problems too and it causes a lot of my headaches. You don't want it to get as bad as my sister... Oh the horror. About your other symptoms though, they sound good... FX for you!

Stoked - Sorry about the BFN. Great positive attitude though

Dory - Thanks for the advice, that's what DP says too. I'm going into full-time incubation, and it's an important job. I don't know if it's ego or what, but I find my earning power is strongly tied into my self-worth. I need to fix up that inaccurate perception though. I guess I just don't want to feel like a burden. It'll take time. And YAY for 10 weeks. I'm glad the crampiness is normal, and it is around the hip area. Today I had a few stabbing pains in one hip but it passed very quickly, so I'm not stressing. It just feels like things are stretching and when I walk I get a slight pulling sensation in my groin/lower pelvic area. All seems normal to me so far. Only 36 days to go for you, hun.... how exciting. You are bringing this baby home. I repeat: YOU ARE BRINGING THIS BABY HOME. I can't imagine the worry you must be feeling thinking it's happening again, but please try to take comfort in the fact that you've gotten further than ever before. You're doing everything right, and you're being closely monitored. I'm sure baby is just finding it a bit cramped and squishy in there with all the growing he/she's been doing! It's ok to feel a bit down, and you can come in here and have a whinge ANYTIME. We all have our moments. You've been such an inspiration to me, and so many others, I just wanted to offer you some comfort in this scary time. You can do this!!

Iona - Great that you finally got a decent meal in! I hope your symptoms ease soon and you can enjoy yourself a bit more.

Loops - FX this is it!

AFM, 2 more days to go.... EEEEEP. I just want it to be over with! The waiting and knowing I'm not going to be working there anymore is killing me! On the up side, everyone is asking me to bake them various treats and come and visit so that'll be really nice. (I love baking and making sweet treats) I'm not really leaving, just stopping work there! In pg related news (lol) I've been waking up at exactly 2.30 every morning for the last few days just BUSTING to pee. I mean so busting it hurts. That can only be a good sign.... I never normally have to get up through the night to pee.

I can't think of anything else remotely interesting to share... all is going well as far as I'm concerned. Have a great night everyone!

Forshelby - thankyou for your positivity, and we sound so similar re income and perception of self worth. You can DO IT. I have no doubt... it just takes some re-framing and you do have to work at it. I am salivating at all that baking you're going to be doing....

Mumm22 - congrats - a line is a line!

Kell - I would go for the early scan, I've had them at 5 weeks + (usually 5 w 5d) and had a hb... could see it on the u/s... just awesome. But if you don't think you can deal with disappointment if bubs is not as far along as you think and its too early for hb, you'll just see gestational sac, probably yoke, don't go. Only you can make that tough decision.

Iona - mildy curious - what was it you ate that was ok?

Clairemimmy - you are so stoic to wait til the next camp draft to test... but that way you have two things to look forward to.

Mum22- Not sure I'm looking forward to testing though....when I read your comment I then actually took a few seconds to think about it and it actually scares the crap out of me big time.
    Forshelby-I'm so happy you are so positive about me getting my BFP cause now I have actually heard that it seems it may well happen, I'm excited but scared all in one. Thank you for telling me though I do appreciate it. lol...
    Dory- Not feeling so stoic atm, I probably wont hold out that long but I would really like too as I would hate to get a BFP then it turn out to be another MC. And I would really like to be totally focused on my riding at the draft not be scared of hurting bub in any way if you know what I mean. I know what I would be like if I was PG I would throw the towel in and not ride just in case and I have already paid our nominations and they aren't cheap. And congrats for the 35 week mark not long to go now and you will have your gorgeous little bub in your arms.
    AFM- Well it's now 3DPO and I'm still pretty crook with this flue and I feel so tired I just curl up and sleep for a week. My chart's still telling me I haven't O'd yet but I know I have the cramping was a dead give away...lol......But apart from all that I'm pretty good with in myself and just counting down the days until AF arrives again....(maybe)

im having a mini - freak out girls i just want to hibernate for the next seven weeks till the 12 week scan. i wish i felt more symptoms. Feeling really anxious tonight. think ill go to the scan next week just to see something is happening and its not just a figment of my imagination

Kellbell, if it makes you feel any better i didn't feel ANY symptoms until 8 weeks with DS, and even then some days they COMPLETELY disappeared and i was SURE i was going to miscarry, but i didn't!! I know how hard it is and SCARY, but you are PREGNANT! Unless you are told otherwise you have a normal, healthy baby under construction!!

Clairesmummy, Hope you feel better soon.

Forshelby, Hope you enjoy your last day of work

Hi to everyone else... sorry i'm slack but i have to go stack the dishwasher
    xx

That is how I have been feeling Kell, symptoms are not as good as last preg and at time disappear and I am convincing myself that I will M/C..... It is awful. I am waiting for the bleeding to start and constantly checking....
    Kell, as I said to Reet, you wont see much before 7+ weeks better to hold off till 8 weeks (if you can) as it will stress you out more when they find a sac and no HB cos it doesnt develop until around 7 weeks and I know from experience I am not going down that path again the extra week of stress was not worth it cos the U/S person mention blighted ovums to me....that was all I thought about for a week...even tho she said it probably wasn't.....what do you think I focussed on...yep you are right those two words.... I am a stresser tho

Forshelby, thanks sweetie. I am off for a BT today so I can have something to compare with if I need to It is all good. Gosh you must be looking forward to your scan....

Clairesmummy, sorry I didnt mean to scare you sweetie!! I wont mention the word T again Hope you have a great day!!

I have had some cramps this morning just thinking every time i go to the loo there will be blood. SO i poas again just to see the lines- only have one test left i think that will be the end of it i should have blood tests back by monday
    this is sooooo hard and time seems to have slowed down

thanks for your support girls it makes a huge difference xoxoxox

Kell - I still poas weekly....I'm just so scared, 3 weeks until my 12 week scan so hopefully that will give me more relief plus as dp said to me last night that feeling sick all day is a good sign, maybe for him but I'm so over it!!

Morning ladies...

Forshelby...so what exactly was wrong with you're sister???

Mum22 and Kellbell.....i can understand you both being worried..and i will probably be in the same boat.....im not sure you will be able to make all the worry go away..all you can do is do all the right things, look after yourselves, rest, get you're partners to pamper you, and pray and pray that you're little babies will stick this time.....and Kellbell i was thinking myself if i was pregnant would i have the early scan........and i think there are pros and cons to both..for me not knowing and knowing are the exact same thing...because if i didnt have the early scan i would keep worrying...but if i had it and i didnt see the heart beat which is most likely being so early id worry...LOL!!!!!!!! If it were me at this stage it would probably get the better of me and i would have the scan...

Iona macca..i wish you a quick 3 weeks and a positive scan..

FOR me i am having a bit of a downer and emotional day today ....wondering if i am actually pregnant or just making the symptoms up in my mind....and thinking maybe theres a logical explanation for all my symptoms....i think i might be 8dpo today as i worked my numbers wrong....so another BFN this morning...i know i shouldnt be testing so early but i cant help it and there can be alot of dissapointment.....but after my loss im just so desperate to be pregnant again its consuming me...i know i should be dealing with the loss not replacing my little angle but its the only way i know how to deal with things....lately i keep going over the scan..and when he told me........this wait is killing me...i know i might still be pregnant but its just scaring me..

Mum22- No need to be sorry at all darl, I didn't mean it the way you took it sorry for not explaining myself properly... What I meant was I have never actually taken those few seconds to sit and actually think about when to POAS if you know what I mean...lol....and it just hit me like a truck that it does scare me a little bit to be this organised in TTC as I have always hid behind...oh yeah whatever happens happens...just blow it off IYKWIM. Lol but actually taking those few seconds I finally realised like crap this is all really happening to me we are TTC and it may hopefully turn up trumps and we will have a bub hopefully one day soon. I guess I really got stuck in a rut with the whole TTC thing and nothing happening for me yet and your comment has lifted me out of that rut. And for that I have to say a huge thank you as I never even realised I was in one. So Thank You.
    AFM- Well not much to tell my glands are really sore today and I feel like death warmed up still have a sore throat and DF is trying his hardest to convince me to go to the DR but there's nothing they can do for me and I feel it would be a waste of time going I just need to get over the flue and I will be good again. But as usual DF will probably win the battle and I will go just to make him happy...lol......
    Hope everybody has a great day today.

Clairesmummy, that is good you are sick....Truly....I googled it and it says your body will be too busy trying to fight an infection to fight off the new cells of a baby and a lot of the time sickness around the time an embryo tries to stick will increase chances of falling pregnant How good is that??? Everyone go get sick and get your BFPs!! He he.

Melster still too early for you to be testing sweetie, try again tomoz (I had a very faint line 9DPO but 10DPO was easier to see...well 10DPO DH could see it if you get my drift..) and dont give up, Kell didnt get her BFP till after AF due...it all depends on when little bubba sticks

Mum22-Well that sounds sounds wonderful don't it...lol.....it's good that I'm sick.....seriously that cracked me up when I read that....but there you go hey I never knew that. Seriously everybody in here is just a wealth of knowledge I love it. And if you ycan ever feel good about being sick I do now. And if anybody would like my flue to try and get thier BFP I am more than happy to share it around, cause I'm over it been crook now for nearly 2 weeks.
    Well on a normal month AF would be due in 2 days time as since my MC I have had 26 day cycles then jumped to a 34DC last month but I'm pretty sure that was a failed PG. So Saturday we shall see what happens if AF arrives or not if she don't I will hang out until my 35th day to see if she comes then which is the 29th of this month and if she still hasn't arrived by the 5th I will test on the 6th Sept. That should give me plenty of time to get a good reading when I POAS. (Hopefully)

Melster - you are right about the worry once you get your bfp... I so hope you get to experience it soon... it's there and so intense and all consuming at the beginning.... I wanted to say though, you're not "replacing" your lost bubba... or at least I don't think so and a lot of research says that too. You are pursuing your dream, with an angel in your heart. The TTC journey is all consuming, don't be too hard on yourself about seeing signs and symptoms.... it means that you have hope. Stay away AF! Hoping you get your bfp soon.

Clairesmummy - I got "flu" like symptoms for two of my preg.. LOL my sport coach knew I was UTD before I did because of my symptoms. But either way, I hope you feel better soon.

Dory- Thank you for your well wishes, at least if I am PG being sick would make it worth it....lol...but not knowing if I am PG I just think I'm crook and all I feel right now is everyday is a huge waste not being able to do much. And I feel like a huge burden on my family ATM and that's really starting to aggrivate me big time.
    AFM- Well not much to report it's raining here tonight and pretty warm which is wonderful, I love warm weather. Not sure what happened to me today I was on the lounge watching a bit of TV then bang I was out cold for 2 hours it was like someone slipped me a sleeping pill, feeling a bit teary this afternoon maybe AF is on her way, not usually teary for AF though just get a bit moody and grumpy. Only 4DPO so way to early for any of this to be PG signs I would think. And I have had now for the past 2 days a quick sharp pain in my right hip area only last for about half a second not sure what that is all about. Ah well bring on day 5 of the waiting game...lol....hope everyone else is happy and healthy....it's very quiet in here tonight though. Where is everybody?

Dory - Thanks for your advice, I'll definitely be pondering everything you've said while I do that baking. Hehehe..

Clairesmummy - I just have that funny feeling that your bfp is coming up soon. I'm not sure when, but soon. Let's see if I've done it again and made another prediction, lol. I hope your flu goes away soon!

Kellie - One day at a time, sweetie. I know it's scary, but just try to challenge all those negative thoughts with a 'why the heck not' attitude. Afterall, you've got your DD, so you know you can do this. I hope the next 7 weeks flies by for you, and that you get to see a hb really soon to put yourself a little more at ease. As for your cramping, I'm still having crampy feelings on and off, so I know how frightening it can be. So far though, it seems to be normal.

Stoked - Great advice for Kellie, well done. And yay for the last day of work. I can't believe it, it doesn't feel real yet!

Mum22 - Good luck for your bt! And yes, I am looking forward to my scan. I can't wait to breathe a sigh of relief and see our bubby squiggling around in there. The worry is starting to creep in a little bit but it's just nerves. One day at a time, I'll get there.

Iona - Ooh, only 3 weeks till your 12wk scan, excellent! That's so great. And I agree with DP, the nausea has to be a good sign. Mine never really got bad, but I just stopped worrying about it and decided to be thankful I haven't suffered too much. I did have a bit of a chuck this morning at random though, I don't know what happened! One minute I'm putting on my makeup, next thing, BLAMO... chuck city. LOL

Melster - My sister had a compressed nerve in her neck/skull area which caused a massive lump on the base of her skull and a headache so severe she had to be drugged out for 3 days (I mean virtually unconscious) to wait for it to pass. Hope I didn't freak you out... oops! Maybe a good neck massage and cushy pillow will cure your neck-ache? Do keep an eye on it though. Nothing worse than a bad neck. Mine absolutely sucks!! I hope your emo day means you're pg! And you deal with your loss however you see fit. If getting pg is what you need, then don't feel guilty. It's not replacing your angel, it's simply getting back on the path to having a baby.

AFM, Feeling pretty good. MS is still hanging around a little bit, and keeps popping up when I least expect it. Like when putting on my makeup. Or cleaning up the little puddle present my dog left for me.... ew. I'm getting a lot of comments about how big my belly is, too. It's starting to get a little bit annoying. Ok, so I'm eating like a bit of a pig. But a lot of my belly is just bloatiness! Plus it's uncomfortable to try to 'hold it in' so I'm just going with it. Anyway, everyone seems to have an opinion, and some unwanted advice for me. I guess they mean well, I'm just finding it a bit annoying right now. Sorry about the rant, I should be jumping for joy. Last day of work tomorrow, and I can't wait to never have to see that cow again. I just know she's going to try to hug me (because she's inappropriate and oblivious like that) and after much deliberation, I've decided if she goes for the hug, I'm going to offer a handshake in the name of being gracious. It'll be great to put the office politics behind me and just focus on the baby. Oh, and I've decided I WILL NOT CRY on my last day at work. LOL. I hope I can keep that promise to myself, I'm so not up for a big sook-fest in front of everyone. Ok I've rambled enough, time for bed.

Take care, everyone.

Im here just about to go to bed so tired growing a baby is tiring work

Clairesmummy i hope the TWW goes fast and you get your bfp - i have a really good feeling as well for you this month if this thread is anything to go by the last few weeks youll be up the duff for sure!!!!!

Melster its way too early hun takes a week from ovulation just to implant and then its needs another few days for enough preg hormone to be made and then be in your urine few days after that. dont give up yet!
    and your not replacing your angel they always are loved and the new baby brings new joy and hope. We got pregnant right after my first loss and i always felt they were completely diff beings to each other and one def wasn't replacing the other. DD really bought us back to life after we were so sad she is such a blessing and we still talk and think about our first angel. if that makes sense ive rambled alot.
    Big hugs it does get easier

YAH last day Forshelby
    think shell be out of your life forever after tommorow
    Wait till random people feel the need to touch your belly along with the unwanted advice - very annoying
    thanks for the support your words mean so much

Thinking of everyone and sending lots of babydust and bellyrubs

I do have sore busts in August just like i wanted

Default mega long post... sorry!

Forshelby: good luck for last day at work tomorrow. Hope they get you a nice prezzie...maybe chocolates?!

Dory: Squishy hugs: Hope you get bags of reassurance at your next appointment with dr. You're on the home stretch and will get you meet your baby soon.

Kellbell: I could never resist the chance for a scan. I would go. As long as you know that it might be too early for a heartbeat. I have had a heartbeat with all my pgs just after the 6wk mark. Having said that i also had an unnecessary scare with an early scan with my DD: stupid dr misinterpreted the scan as 'blighted ovum' rather than a 'very early pg'. Fortunately i was referred to my (current) OB who checked again (a few days later) and found a heartbeat. But a reputable place should be able to accurately interpret the size of the baby and be able to reassure you 'it's just too early to see a hb' if that is the case.

Melster: I sympathise with your whirling thoughts but try and give yourself permission to relax for a few days: you'd be lucky to get any sort of 2nd line before 10dpo and even then lots don't show up just yet.

Iona: hi, glad to see your ticker moving along. I hope the 3 wks before your scan go as fast for you as they will for everyone who ISN'T pg and waiting for a scan! (Did you read my post about pg vs non-pg time. The latter goes much faster!

Clairesmummy: Hope you feel better soon. Poor thing you've had a rough few weeks.

Reet: So excited for you and every pg day that goes by! i'm with FOrshelby: lol about the 'kangaroo pebbles'! Hee Hee!

Mum22: Yay for the darkening line!

BOns: How are you doing? Tired like Kellbell i bet.

Stoked: Sorry for BFN. Glad your bubba boy is keeping you from getting too stressed about TTC.

Mathewsmum: How are you? You haven't popped in for a while.

GLen glen: How are you?

Sorry anyone i've missed: Scared to review the thread past this page in case i lose long post!

AFM: MY HCG is down to 2....TWO!
    And I haven't had any bleeding in a week:
    So no nasty drugs for me. The pg is finally over. (RIP little bubba) I'm going to take a break from TTC till October though: to give my body a rest and also because i'm starting a new job. I feel bad starting a new job pg and nicking off on them after only 6mths or so. I figure i should be there at least 2wks before i get pregnant!!!!!

What do you think ladies? What are the ethics of accepting a job then getting UTD? I resisted changing jobs for ages because i thought: "it's not fair for my new employer if i'm just about to go on maternity leave". But after 2 mc's in 12mths i decided i couldn't put my life on hold any more. I couldn't be sure that the next pg would work and i wasn't happy where i was. So i went for a new job and got it. Now i'm scared i'll get pg immediately and they'll be p***ed off at me... but i also am very keen to TTC again!

Possum - YAY on those levels! Awesome... and I am so proud of you for taking a break. Sometimes I reckon it's harder to take a break to relax and regroup and recover than it is to keep plugging away. Anyway, even though I totally understand your work dilemma as I would think like that too - if changing jobs is right for you and you have the opportunity - do it. You have no obligation to tell your new/prospective employer of your TTC plans, and they can't ask. So go make some hay while the sun shines, and like you said, there might be a whole 2 weeks where you're not UTD..... I can't wait to hear how you settle in to your new job.

Forshelby - last sleep before no more workies.... sweet dreams and let us know how your day pans out. No flipping the bird to the cow? At least the unsolicited advice tends to lessen when you're not at work - well it did for me

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast