Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #2

hello everryone
    Well i caved this afternoon and POAS..

So it's all from our end at least untill we see a heart beat, and then for as long as i can hold out.....

Mel-- Oh, Mel, I'm so happy for you! OMG, that makes 5 BFP's in like a week!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I'm so for you!!!

Mel - CONGRATULATIONS

Welcome back tina! So did you feel that huge earthquake, or what? I was so worried about you! Sorry to hear about AF, what a long cycle you had! But you're back in the game now, so good luck for next cycle. Glad to have you back, can you believe all the BFP's?!?!

Katiegirl! Good luck with tomorrow's scan, I'll be waiting to hear about that strong Will they be able to tell the sex yet, or are you one of those really patient people that likes to be surprised?

Hi ladies,

This is a huge thankyou post:

Acria - Thankyou so much for your kind, thoughtful and encouraging words, they were just what I needed to hear to make me feel sooooo much more positive and start to really believe in myself again, you are a sweetheart

Jen - Thankyou so much hun, I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be pg again so badly. Although I want a healthy happy new baby more than anything, I also know whats its like to have a healthy and happy child right now as I am a mother already. Its being pg that I miss so much and dont really rememeber. I miss the wait and the wonder and the beautiful little movements within that say, 'hi, here I am' and you fall deeper in love with every butterfly flutter. Sometimes I feel that I took my pg'cy with DS for granted because it was so easy to fall pg and it all went by in a blur. Dont get me wrong, I loved being pg with him and everything about being pg, but I dont think I really appreciated how lucky I was to be pg in the first place. Thanks again hun for your lovely words, they are much appreciated

Lizjessie - Im so sorry about the BFN and for feeling so down yourself right now . Im sending you a huge block of chockie via cyber space right now, enjoy!!! Im that its just to early for you hun and that GREAT news is on its way. Also thankyou for your kind thoughts, Im thinking of you and sending you loads of GL and

Mollycat- I know what you mean! I accidently fell pg with DS and never expected that I would have such a difficult time conceiving again - But it has to happen sometime I guess. DH and I are healthy and fertile so it has to be just a matter of waiting (sometimes patiently and other times....not so much!) Thankyou so much for making me feel better

Plc - Thats exactly how I feel. I feel like Im failing DS as much as ourselves right now. I want so badly to for him to have a brother or sister. I dont know what I would do without mine, they are my best friends. I always knew there would be a large gap between DS and our other children because I fell pg so young and wouldnt be trying again for a few years. But now thats its a reality, its much more difficult than I thought it would be. Although DS is the happiest and most content little boy I know, I sometimes feel sorry for him when I see him playing in his room alone - I know he doesnt know any different and as far as he's concerned, his having a great time, but I just remember how much fun I had as a child with my siblings and how much I want that for him. Also GL for tomorrow (I think?) You ARE going to see a healthy little jelly bean with a strong heartbeat, I just know it. Stay positive (I know, easier said than done) but have faith that everything is going to be ok, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

pbstar - Thankyou cycle buddy, and no, i dont have super powers (although I wish I did) and sometimes my postivity is a result of a lot of convincing myself (maybe not always entirely believing it) that its all ok. Im so sorry that you were so down last week too. I hope your'e feeling better this week. And you're right, there is always something to smile about and if you focus on the good things in your life, everything else seems a little easier to deal with. Im so hard for us both to have cycles that end in a bfp hun. You never know....this could our month! One step closer right????

AJC - Thankyou to you to hun, Hope you're staying cool, calm and collected still....and GL with for your BT on Wed, you will also be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok, wow that was huge.....

I cant thankyou all enough for all the support and advice that all of you, so honestly, compassionatley and unconditionally give. You are the best bunch of women, and Iam so glad I found you.

for all,
    Issy

Just popping in to say hi. Still waiting for AF (due Weds) so we can get back to TTC again. Cant wait, this month off has been almost as bad as the TWW.

Huge congratulations to Mel, Canary and AJC!!

SaraJane - so sorry for your loss, welcome I hope your cycle returns to normal soon and that a strong sticky bean is just around the corner.

Tina - I know exactly how you feel. I just keep thinking that I would've been entering the 3rd trimester now. Even though I pretended to myself that I wasn't going to think about the EDD, each month I dont get a BFP I seem to think about it more and more. It really does seem to take a while after a mc but we did get pregnant, so that means we can get pregnant - so another BFP cant be too far away. Keep your chin up sweet

Katiegirl - Thinking of you and praying everything goes well tomorrow. Good luck :goodluck2:

Jen - Yes, irritability is a sure sign of O for me, due to the estrogen surge. Some months I get pains all over my abdomen, its to do with the blood that results from the ovum breaking out of the ovary, it sort of disperses throughout your abdomen (my dr drew me a nice picture of the whole event!) I would say you are pretty close to O.

Big hello to everyone else, I'll be around a bit more once AF comes and I'm back TTC again.

Issy - We must have posted at the same time. I know exactly what you mean about feeling like taking the first pregnancy for granted. It was all really easy for me too and i thought it was going to be this time too. A little naive hey! I'm sure we didn't take it for granted and enjoyed every minute of our first pgs but I think this time we will be extremely grateful for the gift of pg and will really saviour every minute (remind me of that when I eventually do get a BFP and start getting ms will you!?!). Glad to hear you are feeling more upbeat.
    Last edited by Jodsan; May 19th, 2008 at 01:42 PM.

Mel~Congratulations-there are at least five of us that are now due in January! It'll be a great way to start 2009!!! WAHOO!!!!!

Katiegirl-I hope your scan goes well-can't wait to hear about it!

Tina K~Welcome back! It has been crazy around here this month! Hopefully you are next!

Sara_Jane~Welcome-I am sorry for the loss of your angel and hope you find comfort here!

PLC and Angelbabies~Hope you had great birthday weekends!

Jen~Hello to you! Hope you O soon and catch the eggy!

Hello to everyone else!!!

MMTeacher
    Last edited by mmteacher; May 19th, 2008 at 01:52 PM.

Hey I lost my siggie on that post.....Let's see if it works on this one....

This post didnt work, so im editing and posting.............

Oh Mel....I dont know how I missed your post above ??????

So, all the good ones for you hun Congratulations, wishing you all the luck in the world for your PG journey.

I cant believe how lucky MAY has been, there have been 6 bfp's this month, between here and the tww thread. Its amazing. I hope the luck continues for everyone else !

Issy

Mel - congratulations on your

Wow, I knew we could close this thread down, it's just going to take a little time.

Looks like AF round 2 is on her way out. Rang Dr's today and wouldn't you know it, he's not in til tomorrow so i'm none the wiser. Finally feeling better (don't tell the boys i've still got jobs i'd like them to do) The builders are back in tomorrow to finish the outside and starting ripping apart the inside, i've almost taken all my pictures off the walls, just got one to go, it's too high for me to reach without a ladder, then I've got to move the washing machine and dryer and all my toys. The kids are going to be so surprised when the come back in later in the week.

PLC - bet you're exited about seeing bubba's tomorrow, you're allowed to feel a little anxious but everything is going to be OK.

Hi Ladies
    I havent been in this thread for a little bit and have missed so much...
    CONGRATS to AJC Canary and Mel A...Im sure we'll be seeing more of each other in the PAML...
    To everyone else in here take care and hope to see more BFP's..
    AFM...one day at a time..starting to get some symptoms which is great 5 POAS and all positive and see my Dr on the 30th..I so hope this bubba sticks..
    Love To All
    xoxox

Sorry back again
    mmteacher... I just noticed that we are the exact same date in our pg's..how nice...take care xoxox

Congrats Emmylou & Mel!!!

Mel A: woo hoo! Congratulations! you must be over the moon, thats wonderful! Now send some of those baby vibes my way!!!!

mmteacher: thanks for the welcome back! it certianly has been crazy around here while i was gone! 6 bfps? thats amazing!

jodsan: yeah, thank you, it is really hard not to think about the EDD, im trying so hard, but its so tough...we just have to keep focussing on the good things to come, and as issy said, we will aprreciate it so much more when it happens....

jen: as always, thank you. No, we didnt feel the earthquake at all in Honkers, but we did have a great time! It was really hard, but i tried not to focus on the TTC thing while we were away. but having such a long cycle did not help! aaah, well as you said theres always next month! how are you going?

Acria - I'm not a huge subway fan, but I do enjoy their meatball subs. I'm guessing that even the meatballs would be a bit iffy when pregnant... And if you don't have a good vibe about this month, then imagine the lovely surprise you will get if it IS your cycle!

Issy - I am so sorry you are feeling so down. I don't know you TTC story, but from what you've written here it looks like you've had a pretty rough time I don't think there is anything wrong with you indulging in some moments of grief though. Eat as much chocolate as you want because it sounds like you deserve it. Tomorrow is a new day and you can try to get back your positive attitude, but I often feel much better after letting my emotions take over for a while.

LizJessie - Sorry about the BFN, but good luck for the next test. When I was pregnant my sense of smell was definitely hightened. I nearly passed out in a Vietnamese market!! Ewww.
    PS. Your hpt's come from a post office?! I had no idea you could get them there!
    OMG, I just continued reading and realised they came in the mail for you and that I am stupid, lol!

mollycat - Your cycle sounds crazy! Has it ever happened before? I hope your doctor is about to help you understand what's going on. I don't even know what advice I could offer you I hope things get a bit more normal for you soon though!

Jen - I wonder if there is a term used for staring at pregnant bellies when you have "pregnancy envy"? I suffer from it too

SaraJane - I'm so glad you have found this thread too. The girls have all been so lovely and I already feel so comfortable in here. I know things happened for you about the same time as me, so how are you going now? We are doing exactly the same as you at the moment; not actively trying, but not using contraceptives. I've still got hcg in my body though so my body is on hold...

Mel - Huge congratulations to you!!

I just want to let you all know how glad I am to have found this post and had the nerve to join in. You are all so supportive of one another and I find it extremely comforting. I wish I could give you all a big group hug

And finally an update on me. I've just come back from having my arm stabbed, so I should get the BT results back in a couple of days. I've got my fingers crossed that the hcg level is close to a big fat ZERO! I just want so badly to ovulate so that we can try for another precious little life.

And I was wanting your opinions on something. DH and I are having a star named for our little angel. We found a package that is decent priced and they send you out a little Russ teddy bear with a certificate which we are going to keep with all the stuff related to our angel (like the positive hpt's). The question I have is about the certificate. They ask for a "Registration of Occasion Date" and I'm not sure what to put. Would we put the day we found out that she has passed away, or the date of my last LMP, or the date of conception (eg. the date I ovulated), or maybe her EDD?

WOWWWW!

How sticky is our thread?!

Congratulations to AJC and MEL A. I should keep the computer off more often. Every time I do, one of you guys gets a

Katiegirl - thanx for filling me in. It helps to know my biology might not be out of whack and that your had similar AF's before your BFP.

Acria - You're right about timing. According to my chart on Fertility Friend, my O could be on various days, so you never know...

KrystieLove - You are so lucky you have an OB you can put your faith in. After my GP appointment this morning, I am thinking of switching OB's (should I successfully conceive again). My OB is not very approachful and I think I need to find one a little more understanding and who is prepared to answer my questions.

Jenushka - I am learning that Google is evil EVIL - but I continue to succumb to it. Will ever learn?

Issy - Sweetie, I am so sorry for your difficult day. It would have been very hard to come across the pictures. You are such a tower of strength on this forum. Here's one right back at you

SaraJane - welcome. Sorry for your loss - you will certainly find some understanding sisters in this forum.

TO EVERYONE SEEKING A
    I don't know if I should mention this, but we tried for three months before our last BFP. The first two months we followed the usual TTC stuff, but the third month we used PreSeed. It may have helped - it may not. I am not a rep for this stuff and for all I know it may have caused the MC. But felt I should share it...

AS FOR ME:
    Got my blood test results back today. Two main things of note:

1. Low titre of 80 ANA 2 weeks ago. GP also said not to worry. But I did after phoning a miscarriage unit (even though I am still not technically recurrent). They said this could relate to miscarriage and to get retested in another month. So now I have to ask my GP to redo a test she is not bothered about. Should make for an interesting consultation...

2. elevated Thyroglobulin antibodies detected DURING PREGNANCY - though OB said not to worry at the time. So I worried today instead, but miscarriage unit not to worry.

Meanwhile I succumbed to POAS this morning - after breakfast at approx 7DPO (but could be anything). What a surprise - BFN.

HAVE GREAT WEEK EVERYBODY

KrystieLove - that is the most beautiful idea!! It is difficult to choose a date. Ideally it would maybe be the day your angel was "released" to the heavens. But you may not know that date if you had a missed MC like me. Perhaps you can just give the month?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast