Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #4

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #4

Welcome to TTC after Miscarriage or Loss for those of you who have just joined us. We hope your TTC journey is quick and successful. We are sure you will find much loving support from the other women on this challenging journey.

If you have any concerns regarding anything within this thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails/ PM's are treated equally & confidentially):-

Niliac
    MistyFying and
    Flowerchild

Their email addresses can be found here.

You may also like to consider taking a look at the comprehensive and informative BellyBelly Conception Articles which may help you in your journey.

You will find the previous thread here.

yay! first in the thread

lots of for all

and lets see some more

Hey girls,

Just wanted to drop in and spread some :goodluck2: for all of us, that there are loads of BFP's announced in this new thread!

Jodsan - I was procrastinating last night so decided to google the Jonas theory/Lunar cycles etc. It said that my most fertile time would have been on Friday of last week, the 23rd which was actually CD15 for me, smack bang in the middle of my cycle...so spot on Was pretty amazed that it came up with that date, since you dont enter any details about your cycle length, or when last AF was etc. It also predicted a Girl with risk of 1....interesting
    DH and I have dtd everynight since last week, EXCEPT FOR FRIDAY!!!! Still, we did it either side of this night so thats cool. Thanks for that info!

I had really uncomfortable bloating and pain (like AF pains) for about 4 days. But it has finally gone today, so I definatley know I o'ed in the last few days. Also, bb's have started to hurt already, so thats another good sign I have O'ed. So now its just a waiting game

Sorry ladies, I havent had time to read up on all your last posts so no personals today, but I will read them when I get a chance and will stop the selfish posts

Hope all you beautiful ladies are doing well.... im thinking of you!

Issy

:goodluck2: Good Luck Issy, hope you catch that eggie!!!!

AFM, well... im abit annoyed. My OH and I decided that we would BD 3-4 days before O and a few days after suspected O this month, which i was fine with. But now, im supposed to Ov. today/tomorrow and i tried to get OH in the mood for it but he didnt want to. I didnt really want to either but i was willing to have my intestines pushed up into my throat (sorry tmi!!) and suffer back pain atm for the sake of catching the egg. I told him to put on some "videos" and get himself ready and he can just finish off in me so he does that but 5 mins in and he says to me "I cant do it, if i dont want sex my body will not let me do it!" *sigh* so we tried for abit more and then he went soft so so he stopped altogether.. So now he is off to work and im left sitting here feeling like crapola because my OH doesnt really want to TTC.......

Abbey sorry to hear tonight's bd'ing didn't work out as planned.... big It is hard once you're right in the time of o and you know you have to bd but hubby isn't into it. Hopefully if you can bd either side of today it might work out too and get you that in a couple of weeks!

I have ewcm today (how exciting!) but dh is off to soccer training now... he swears we will bd when he gets back but I am dubious - he's always exhausted when he gets home. Truth be told I am really tired too but ... eye on the prize right?!!

Also wanted to ask - has anyone used/planning to use pre-seed? I ordered some from lullaby conceptions last week because last cycle didn't really get much ewcm at all, but now seem to have enough ewcm... Would you use it even if you do have ewcm, or only if you don't? Any success stories? So many questions!

Happy positive vibes and loads of everyone!

today i went and brought some opk to get the timing right, well it worked last time , and we used pre seed that time to.

Sorry ladies, just a quick message tonight. I've been reading all your posts and thinking of you, but I'm afeeling a bit anxious about things at the moment and I am finding it hard to post. I'm just hoping really hard that I ovulated on Sunday, but need to watch my temp for a couple more days to be sure.

SaraJane - I had a peek at your chart. Did you ovulate on Monday? I think I ovulated on Sunday, so we may have ovulated really close together!! I hope we both get BFP's together. Our due dates were so close last time, and this time they might be identical! I'm soooooooooooooo crossing my fingers for us (and everyone else!!!).

Jen - I think you can add me to the TWW, but I'll let you know if that's not the case in a few days. Your list is great!

Issy, woo, that's exciting, hope the lunar theory works for you this month!

Abbey - It really does get daunting trying to continuously lift for TTC. I'm sure that its not that he doesn't want to TTC, I really think that guys dont understand that it such a complicated process getting pregnant. My DH is only just starting to work out why everything has to be planned so well (after 7 months of TTC). I have worked out over the past couple of months that it is too much pressure trying to BD every day. It becomes more of a chore rather than an intimate encounter, DH was especially feeling that we had lost the fun of the whole thing. I think there is a risk of depleting the sperm stores to. I think its safe to assume that if our guys drink beer regularly, they will have slightly lower sperm counts (alcohol is one of the worst things apparently). So if that is the case, it's probably better to just BD every second day. Bc sperm can live so long in fertile CM, if you BD'ed yesterday, that should be ok. Maybe he will feel like it again tomorrow, if you O tonight, you can still catch it tomorrow but hopefully the sperm are still there waiting as we speak.

Jenushka - We used preseed for a couple of months. DH really loved it. But if you have heaps of EWCM, you shouldn't need it. I mostly just used it in the days leading up to O when CM was still creamy. Good luck catching the eggy!

Big hello to pbstar, bettyboop, angelbabies (I knew you'd pop in again!), Kristielove and everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Jodsan View Post

Abbey - It really does get daunting trying to continuously lift for TTC. I'm sure that its not that he doesn't want to TTC, I really think that guys dont understand that it such a complicated process getting pregnant. My DH is only just starting to work out why everything has to be planned so well (after 7 months of TTC). I have worked out over the past couple of months that it is too much pressure trying to BD every day. It becomes more of a chore rather than an intimate encounter, DH was especially feeling that we had lost the fun of the whole thing. I think there is a risk of depleting the sperm stores to. I think its safe to assume that if our guys drink beer regularly, they will have slightly lower sperm counts (alcohol is one of the worst things apparently). So if that is the case, it's probably better to just BD every second day. Bc sperm can live so long in fertile CM, if you BD'ed yesterday, that should be ok. Maybe he will feel like it again tomorrow, if you O tonight, you can still catch it tomorrow but hopefully the sperm are still there waiting as we speak.
    We BD'ed sunday and monday night and tried to this afternoon so hopefully OH will want it tonight after work. He watched "One night in paris" this afternoon before work and got all happy over it so we'll see... He doesnt drink but does wear tighty whitey undies. I think that there is enough spermies up there (LOL sorry TMI) because im having difficulty determining whether its CM or just semen leaking out

Where there's hope--My second cycle after AF was so light--had 7 days of barely more than spotting--but my cramps seemed less painful. Probably a good idea to check with your dr just to make sure. Hope things are well with you!

AJC-- brown spots stay away! Can't wait until your u/s--5 sleeps to go until you see that little beating We'll all miss you when you decide to move on to the PAML thread--please stick around for as long as possible!

SaraJane--Will add you to the TWW list! Good luck catching that egg!

Vanaithi--Good luck and have fun with the temp position! Glad to hear we'll get to see you more often for a while. Yay for end of AF! So does that put you at about CD5? Will add to list, and I'll change it if it's wrong.

issy--Interesting reading about the Jonas theory, huh? Wouldn't that be the coolest if it were actually right? I'm hard!!! Sounds like you BD'd at all the right times, so I've got everything crossed for you! And a girl(!!!!!)--mine said G?, but a month ago when I tried it, it said boy, so I'll just take what I can get!

jenushka--:woot: for O!!!! I did some research on preseed, and wanted to give it a try myself but didn't get around to placing the order. I do plan on ordering some if no BFP this month. I don't usually have much EWCM, and DF and I always use lube, which supposedly kills the important little so I figured I'd give it a try next mo... I'm hoping I won't need it! Good girl for keeping an "eye on the prize"!

Abbey--Sometimes men can be so frustrating--especially if they're in the mood all the time except for right when you need them to be! That's when you need a strippers pole or something in your room to get things going! lol... no, I don't have one and have never used one! But I did watch a show where women can learn to dance on the pole, and you can even buy them now for your home! I'm not graceful enough for that, I'd probably slide off the pole and break my leg or something! lol...

bettyboop--Praying the opk helps bring you a quick BFP!!!

Angel babies--Thanks so much for the baby dust and sticky vibes--hope you kept some spares for yourself!!!

Thanks again Dr. Jodsan for always having all the answers!

Emmy-Lou-- BFP
    Here's an updated list for the new thread!

Mel--BFP
    Canary--BFP
    AJC--BFP
    plc--BFP
    mmteacher--BFP
    rainbowgirl--BFP
    seenabeena--BFP
    Katiegirl--BFP
    Anthonysmom--BFP
    nickster--BFP
    JMG--BFP
    Trac--BFP
    Magda--BFP
    ll80--BFP
    Natty--??
    mollycat--TWW
    issy--TWW
    Acria--TWW
    megsmum--TWW
    Antheia--TWW
    pbstar--TWW
    jen--TWW
    SaraJane--TWW
    KrystieLove--TWW
    jenushka-- O
    tina--almost O
    Abbey-- O
    bettyboop--almost O
    smilanatu--almost O
    tempus--
    treelo--
    Jodsan--CD8
    tutmae--
    Angel babies--Had to still list you--you're missed!
    Cierasmummy--
    karan--
    Vanaithi--CD9
    Toccara--
    LizJessie--Had to still list you, too! Hope you come back soon!
    WTH--CD2
    Mazibelle--
    Last edited by jen805; May 29th, 2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: edit typo

I have a new favorite number. It's 36.52!!! I ovulated!!! Whoohoo! And it was on Sunday just like I thought I feel soooo much better! My pre-ovulation temps are always between 36.1 and 36.3ish. So 36.52 is definitely post-ovulation. Hopefully we caught miss eggie!!

issy - Looks like you me and SaraJane ovulated around teh same time. Testing time will be interesting for us. Who do you think will cave first and test? I bet it's me, lol, I have no self-restraint. I'd test today if I didn't know it was totally ridiculous, hehehe.

Abbey - Don't stress too much sweetness. I'm sure there are lots of little swimmers just waiting to pounce! Sometimes my DH and I are not in the mood either. At times we try to force it, but it kills the fun factor

Jenushka - I hope you had an "after party" after the soccer training Can't help you with the preseed though because I haven't had any experience with it. I've heard other people have loved it though.

Bettyboop - Good luck with the OPK's and preseed!!

Angel Babies - *bug hugs*
    Oops, I meant to write "big hugs", then was going to fix my typo, but decided that "bug hugs" sounded cute

Jodsan & Jen -

Hi everyone,

AJC - I hope everything is OK and you 've had no more spotting Very glad to hear you are feeling a bit more relaxed about it, not long until the scan now! All the best

Jodsan - I just wanted to answer your question about the progesterone supplements. We're seeing an FS and I'm having cycle tracking. Last cycle I Oed and had excellent progesterone levels 7 days post LH surge, but a short luteal phase (10 days). My FS recommended progesterone pessaries which I am using this cycle. I'd be inclined to think it probably wouldn't help you based on luteal phase length alone, but without knowing your progesterone levels I think it's hard to say. I'd get your prog checked, but make sure you have it done 6 or 7 days post ovulation, because as I'm sure you know, CD21 is not 7 days post O for everyone. HTH.

issy - I know I already said it in the TWW thread, but good luck

Abbey - I know exactly how you feel. Sounds like you are still in with an excellent chance though, good luck!

jenushka - hope you got lucky last night

bettyboop - good luck, hope the OPKs and Preseed do the trick.

A big hi to everyone I've missed

Well I saw the FS the day before yesterday - it didn't go badly, but still he didn't really say much that I was happy to hear. He wants us to do a natural cycle with IUI next month because he thinks I need more scans and possibly a trigger shot to make sure I ovulate. And he also thinks that I should think about taking Clomid again, which I will probably do the following cycle if we have no luck on the natural cycle. I really didn't want to have to take Clomid again, I did a few Clomid cycles last year and had really horrible side effects. So it looks like we will definitely be moving on into the world of assisted conception now. I guess all up we have been trying for 18 months now, so I shouldn't be surprised (and really I am not) but facing the reality of assisted conception and only thinking about it are 2 different things. Add to that the feeling I have that we are out of the race this month - it's 8DPO today and I have nothing concrete to base that on of course, but I just have a feeling that this is not going to be the one. Oh well that's life I guess At least I won't be getting my hopes up only to be disappointed next week - that's looking on the bright side!

Abbey- it's so annoying when one of u isn't in the mood around O time.
    jenushka- I used pre-seed the cycle before and the cycle I got my bfp. We had been trying for 8 months so I think it helped!! I did have ewcm but used it anyway coz I thought it might help.
    Krystie- Yeah, I think I ovulated Monday but now I'm not sure!! My temps haven't gone up as high as they usually do?? I'm confused. Just had a look at ur chart and ur temps didn't go real high straight away either, is that what urs usually do? Hmm...well I have no idea, FF has given me a dotted coverline anyway.
    jen- jeez, u r a legend for that list!
    megsmum- at least it's good you're getting things sorted and hopefully it won't be too much longer before that bfp, I hope you don't have to take clomid again. You never know this might be the month, the month I got my bfp was the month I was least hopeful, lol.
    to everyone else!!

Have a good day everyone!

Well I havn't left, I'm still stalking you all.
    Got a little freaked out this morining as I have to go to NZ. Now this isn't as bad as going to Indonesia, (where the last M/C was initiated, by some stupid indonesian virus that caused huge temps (39.5) and gastro)
    So although NZ is a lovly place I'm terrified of getting on that plane. I know it's stupid as I'm in sydney so had to get on a plane on Monday night. but the Over Seas thing is scary.

Hello to everyone.......

mel A- what part of NZ, bit colder than AUS , we had a great frost last night -3.

SaraJane - I've found that when I ovulate from my left ovary my temp tends to creep up slower than when I ovulate from my right. My acupuncturist told me that one ovary can be a bit lazier than the other when it comes to quickly producing progesterone, so not too worry. I often don't see my temperature go above the coverline until 4DPO. That's what I am today and it's when I've had my first real temp increase I hope yours comes tomorrow!! FF has only given me dotted lines too, but any lines are good in my book

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast