Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 08 #2

Abbey--Welcome, and wish you luck ttc! Hope you get your BFP!!

bettyboop--So sorry to hear about your father in-law Also sorry your ex is stressing you out--they're good at that, aren't they?

JMG--Hoping May comes quickly for you! Take care!

jenushka--Welcome! You're right, the women here are so encouraging and supportive--they just make you feel safe and give you the strength to get through the dark days. So sorry to hear about your loss. Praying that your ttc journey is a short one! Glad to hear about AF--you're on your way to your BFP, I just know it! Good luck, I'll be praying for you!

Hi Jenushka

Your story is like mine. Lovely healthy h/b at 7 weeks (158) and then a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. NO signs, nothing,. Also, like you, I have a beyond gorgeous DD who is the light of my life and does a lot to life my heart which is still down in my shoes most of the time.

JMG, I know what you mean about keeping quiet. I guess I was naive, I thought a h/b and a healthy looking bub at 7 weeks was good enough to tell some people. Never again. Too bad what people think, I will be keeping way quiet until I absolutely have to. And it will happen again. I am telling myself I will have another baby every night before I go to sleep

Part of it still seems so unreal. One moment, you are in an office with yr OB being handed hospital documentation and other things, the next you have goop on your stomach and are staring at a screen with nothing on it and you are whisked into a hospital to have a D&C.

Part of it still feels so unreal. How can this be?

Much baby dust to all

mmteacher--Sorry about AF, mine was quite heavy also, but luckily my cramps weren't that bad. Hope she packs her bags soon! The tww is definitely the toughest time for me, as well! The days just seems to drag.... and all you can think about is getting pg or being pg! I feel your pain sister! Love your poem, and it's so true--I think sometimes you have to try to stop controlling your life and realize that we aren't the ones in control. It's hard to just let go, isn't it, knowing your fate is in somebody else's hands? Hope your migraines have gone away! Take care of yourself!

smilanatu--Hey BD buddy! This is going to be the month, right? Everything's crossed for us--for all of us! Cute ticker, it's new right?

maybe baby--Having a m/c is definitely a surreal experience. It's so unreal, it's like you're hovering above watching it all happen. Or, like I've said before, like a slideshow that just won't stop playing in your mind. So glad you have your gorgeous daughter to lift your heart! Remember we're all here for you!
    Last edited by jen805; April 16th, 2008 at 12:04 AM.

Bettyboop - sorry to hear about fil.

Jenushka - sorry to hear about your loss. Wishing you all the luck in the world and a BFP next cycle.

I think I'm out for this month girls. Temp took big dip this morn and am starting to feel a bit crampy. No af yet but I know she's on her way. Disappointed of course but biggest dissapointment is that am only 11dpo today so that means clomid hasn't helped LP which I was hoping it would. Oh well - seeing ob on Monday so hopefully he can shed some light.

Will be back for personals later..........

Sorry for AF AJC. Damn witch. All those of years of WANTING of AF, it seems so obscene how little I want her now!

I didn't realise clomid helped LP. Mine was short after my DD's birth as well (although it took 12 months for it to come back anyway - after I had weaned her). Its all very confusing I find. I had my Dr take a progesterone test about Dec and it was a bit low. I went on Vit B6 and this lengthened it to 11/12 days (from 8/9). By chance my Dr checked my progesterone the cycle I had actually conceived and it was 56. While I was pregnant it was at 31 and I was on supplements (tablets). I lost the baby in any case.

So I will ask my FS at my appointment (in June) about clomid. As well as progesterone. I better get those tests results from my Dr and I need a referral as well. Sigh

Thanks for the info maybe baby - so let me get this straight. Your prog was 56 when you conceived but during the same pregnancy was 31, then you lost that baby? is that right. Hmmmm - I might go and get some B6 tablets, they can't hurt anyway. My ob is totally fabulous so I can't wait to go and speak to him.

I actually had time to go online tonight! I have a mid-cycle check up at the FS tomorrow. Been there, done that.

Emmy-Lou: I'm so sorry. Sending cyberhug

Mel A: good luck!

Trac73: as far as I'm concerned, you're welcome here! BTW, I cramped in every pregnancy, even the successful ones

JMG: keeping you in my prayers

bettyboop: AF arrived? (per your signature) I'm so happy for you, it was such an awful and drawn-out ordeal for you.
    I'm so sorry about your father in law. Sending cyberhug and keeping you all in my prayers.

pbstar: sending cyberhug. I've been in a real weird place this month, too.

issy02 & Canary & jen805 & Abbey B: fingers crossed!

plc1805: how did your appt go?

ll80: I'll keep your grandad in my prayers

jenushka: I'm so sorry about what you went through. sending cyberhug and praying for you. I hope you find some help and healing on this thread.

maybe baby: sending cyberhug to you, along with prayers and tons of encouragement vibes.
    clomid helps with progesterone levels because you often develop more than one follicle. they don't all release, but the follicles help make progesterone

mmteacher: thank you so much for that poem. I copied it to keep. sending cyberhug for encouragement

AJC: my doc put me on clomid, but he also put me on oral progesterone. have you explored that option with him?

Hey ladies - thought I'd say hi and send huge hugs to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ - - back off witch!!! we have to do be strong with her as she doesn't seem to get it that she is most unwelcome..... if it doesn't work this cycle hun we will just have to scream at her next cycle

maybe baby - i don't know to advise u but hope u get the answers u need -

mmteacher - so terribly sorry re AF (the witch!!) - huge positive thoughts that ur time will come soon!!!

smilanatu & jen - how u going gals? :goodluck2: to you both!!

jenushka - welcome honey - my heart goes out to you for ur loss - u will get all the support u need here

jmg - sweety - how u going?

ll80 - meant to post u earlier as soon as i saw re ur grandfather - take care of ur gran and don't forget urself too!! i pray all goes well!

betty, abbey, jodsan, pbstar, issy, canary and anyone I have missed (sorry!!) - hello and sending you and the other ladies lots of !!

bday buddy - hope ur ok - just letting u know that u r thought of.

tempus - honey - how are you going - hope ur keeping ur chin up!!!

Thanks for asking about my appt - the ob said to go forth and multiply and that is what DH and I did last night (hopefully!!) - my DH is such a champ - he said he'll do it as it's "doctor's orders" - what a guy! Only thing to follow up is some thyroid tests in late May which don't affect TTC at this stage and hopefully won't at all. So as I'm CD12 and I am probably going to o within next couple of days we are keen to get going and race into the 2WW where I am sure it will just DRRRRRAAAAAGGGGG!! Oh well at least we will finally be in it.

Ok, guys, I'm confused about progesterone. I said this in a previous post, so sorry if it's repetitive to some of you, but my dr. originally told me that before I decided to ttc again to let him know and he would start me on progesterone and a baby aspirin. So when I called him to ask for the progesterone, he claimed that he couldn't give it to me until after I got a BFP because it could cause fertility problems! WTF? Now I know you may think I was upset so maybe I didn't hear him right, but DF was there with me and confirmed that he had, indeed, said before we ttc! So then I spoke with my family pract. who told me that when he used to deliver babies he never prescribed progesterone before a woman was pg, it was only after the BFP! So I'll say it again, I'm completely confused and bewildered by this! Anyone have any ideas?

AJC--Sorry to hear about the temp drop--hope your ob helps to shed some light.

Hi maybe baby, been thinking about you. Hope your cheering up a bit!

tempus--Good to hear from you and thanks for the crossed fingers!

AFM, still searching for signs! Next Friday is my POAS day--seems like it's going to take forever to get here. TWW's suck!

plc--You must have posted while I was typing mine--so glad you got the official green light! I'm sure it just breaks your DH's heart to follow dr's orders, huh? lol... DF thinks that's all he's good for, as I jokingly called him my sperm bank! Good luck and have fun multiplying!

Alright...here's for a try at a few persies...

Chalalan, Jenushka, Issy, and Abbey~ Welcome and I hope you find the support that you need here-I know that I have! I am sad to see that the number of us keeps on growing but it does help to know that we are not alone and there are people out there who truly understand what we are going through!

BettyBoop~ Sorry to hear about FIL. On a brighter note, I am glad AF has come and you can start trying for a BFP again-When each door closes-a new one opens?

Maybe baby~ I totally agree with you-next time I am keeping quiet too! That's why I have you girls so I can at least tell you! My Mom said if I get a BFP again, I should at least tell her, but we aren't telling anyone until we are good and ready! Of course it has to happen first!

Jen~ Thanks for feeling my pain...It is good to know that people feel the same way I do. I am feeling much better today! I hope that I can keep a positive attitude and find things to focus on this month...It is the end of the school year so hopefully that will help! Hope your TWW flies by and that you can let go a little! Try to stay positive! BTW, I am supposed to take progesterone for 7 days right after I O and of course after I have taken the Clomid so I think it is to help with implantation if I do get pg because Clomid can thin the uterine lining! Hope that helps!

AJC~ Sorry about your thoughts of AF-at only 11dpo, maybe it is implantation dip though-it is not over until she shows her ugly face! I'll keep hoping for you!

Tempus~ Glad you liked the poem and thanks so much for the hug! Sending one back at you! I have the clomid and the progesterone also-sounds like I am on a similar plan to you-Hope it works for us both!

PLC~ So glad you are TTC again-I hope you get a quick BFP! Your DH sounds like a comedian like mine!

To everyone else...There are just too many of us!!! Let's get some BFP's and clear this place out!!!

Clomid starts tomorrow...Bring on the hyperactivity and hot flashes! Talk to you soon!
    MMteacher
    Last edited by mmteacher; April 16th, 2008 at 03:25 PM.

hello lovely ladies

too hard to catch up with everyone!

firstly mmteacher thanks for the poem, it is very appropriate. i have my own little one i am saying to myself at the moment, it comes from a Michael Leunig cartoon

How to get there

Go to the end of the path until you get to the gate
    Go through the gate and head straight out towards the horizon
    Keep going towards the horizon
    Sit down and have a rest every now and again
    But keep on going. Just keep on with it.
    Keep on going as far as you can.
    That?s how you get there.

jen i am so confused about the progesterone thing too. i think maybe i have an issue but i too am not sure if i am supposed to do something about it now or when i get a BFP...for those who have taken vitamin B6 do you need to have a doctor confirm you have a progesterone issue first or can you just start taking it if you suspect you do?

tempus: good to hear from you, i noticed you dropped out a bit after AF came and totally understand that feeling of being a little bit lost. i know it can be hard to keep going but try not to lose faith, it will happen for you, hang in there.

jenushka- welcome i too have been through a missed miscarriage that was picked up at my 10 week scan and understand how hard it is to lose your baby without any warning. i hope your TTC journey is short and stress free. i am sure you will find the support here you need.

plc1805, betty, abbey, issy, canary, AJC, smilanatu, jodsan ( and everyone else i have missed) a big hello and big

Gmmteacher - good luck with clomid

Jen805 - I have also heard that. It can get so confusing. I'm planning to raise this with my Dr linking it with the short LP and use of VitB6 last time round. I have also printed off my FF cycles to take as well. AND will ask about aspirin and raspberry leaf tea which I know you DON'T take when PG.

Tempus - Good luck with FS - do you like yours?

Good luck PLC - must admit I am going to get very impatient waiting for AF so can start again. At least I feel I am doing something positive

Hello to one and all

Default af - the cow!

well af is here. Not full on but here. Progesterone issue is certainly confusing, I would like to try a B6 supplement or Vitex this cycle. Will wait and ask ob about it on Monday as there is already 50mg of B6 in the blackmores conceive well that I am already taking.
    10 day LP is just plain depressing.

mmteacher - GL with clomid tomorrow. Looks like I'll be back on the clomid again in the next few days. Hope you don't get any bad side effects (apart from a BFP).

plc - glad you got the green light. Happy bd, at least you don't have to wait very long to O. :goodluck2:

Hi everyone - thanks for the welcome... to all...

smilinatu, jen (great name!), tempus, pbstar - your warm wishes and welcomes are very much appreciated. Good luck for this month, i have my fingers crossed for you

maybe baby - I am so sorry to hear your story, which I can see from your sig happened only a very short time ago. Be kind to yourself and I hope that it continues to get that tiny bit easier for you each day. Surreal is the word for it. I am certain that if I find myself preg again after this, that I will have my eyes shut for every scan until the sonographer gives me the all clear.

AJC - sorry to hear about AF, hope your ob appt sheds a bit more light. I'm interested to hear what he has to say about the vitex/b6

mmteacher - thanks for the welcome also and speaking of AF... this AF (my first after m/c too) is definitely more full on than normal. Cramping and a lot heavier. Has settled down this afternoon for me though - hope you are ok? GL with clomid...

plc - great news about the green light from your ob! and lol at hubby and "doctors orders!".

to anyone else I may have missed - hello and here's more

AFM - found out today that 2 very close friends are preg (1 due a few weeks before my d date, 1 in dec). I am really very happy for them but 2 in one day made me a bit wobbly. Have decided I'm not saying "I should" anymore (as in "I should be 14 weeks now" etc). Sick of it
    Work is keeping me v busy which is good for keeping the mind on something other than ttc! Wish I had a remote control though to fast fwd to o - just looked at my ticker and cant believe I'm only CD3 - aaarrgh!! lol

Jodsan...*wavin* how are you?

Jen...it is a new ticker! Glad you like it...green is my favorite color!

jenushka...you are so very welcome...thanks for the thoughts!

mmteacher...goodluck w/the Clomid...stay positive

plc1805...I am about to drive myself nuts with what is a sign/symptom and what is not...LOL

bettyboop...goodluck TTC and congrats on AF finally showing!

AND

TO ALL TTC!!!
    Last edited by smilanatu; April 16th, 2008 at 11:33 PM.

Default Hi Ladies

Hey..still reading all your posts...

Jen and Tempus..thanks for the hugs, am actually feeling great for having AF so hopefully all is getting back to normal and that this is the month to conceive.

AJC..know how you feel about AF arriving, our cycles will be pretty close this month so here's to BFP's for us and everyone else in here.

To all you ladies who have BFP's heres some more for you all.

Jenushka..know what you mean about remote control..if only it was that easy.

Mel A..fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!! Hope you get your BFP!!!!

AFM...DH is happy to BD as much as we have to this month...so time will tell.

emmy-lou - don't we have such accomodating guys??!!!

smilanatu - i think i will be exactly the same - i haven't even o-d yet (i don't think) and i'm very aware of every twinge!!! hope u manage to chill a bit...

jenushka - aawww big hugs honey - that is tough!! keep strong sweet!

AJC - so sorry re AF - !!

maybe baby - i think feeling that u r proactive about TTC can really help and that u r not just guessing what could be the prob. I certainly feel like now I am steering my TTC ship with the twinges i have kind of matching up to aspects of my chart.

sorry just realised i'm running late - will bbl for more personals!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast