Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 08 #2

Still squeezed in the end-of-the-school-year crunch time, I wish I could respond all personals but I can't please forgive me

jen805: my doc puts me on progesterone 3dpo, but he follows me closely with ultrasound and bloodwork to determine when that happens. If you go on progesterone before you ovulate, you could have implantation problems or not ovulate at all.

GiiGii - you'll find the abbreviations in FORUMS, HELP, ABBREVIATIONS, (the first section on Forums page) go down the page and it's listed under threads. don't know how to put a link in for you.
    Jen - that would be great. yeah, if only it was that easy ......

Jodsan--Keep the faith, there's still a good chance--especially if you're actually feeling like you are pg!

tempus--Thanks so much for the progesterone info! For some reason it makes so much more sense when you explain it! It's amazing that a dr. can leave you with so many unanswered questions, then you come along and, in just a few short words, answer all my questions! Hope things slow down a little for you during the weekend so you can take a break

Welcome Giigii,

I had a m/c at 5.5 weeks and I got my period exactly 4 weeks to the day from the first day that I bled (m/c). I did not have any nausea but have been tired and run down. When my cycle came, I had sore BB's and was tired and hoped for a quick BFP but there she was....AF...Anyhow, a friend of mine got pg two weeks after m/c and didn't know it because she kept waiting for her period to start....Everything turned out well with hers! Hopefully you are in that situation....Sorry to hear about your lost angel...

More persies over the weekend!

MMteacher

Quote Originally Posted by mollycat View Post
    GiiGii - you'll find the abbreviations in FORUMS, HELP, ABBREVIATIONS, (the first section on Forums page) go down the page and it's listed under threads. don't know how to put a link in for you.
    Thanks a bunch. I'll be checking it out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mmteacher View Post
    Welcome Giigii,

I had a m/c at 5.5 weeks and I got my period exactly 4 weeks to the day from the first day that I bled (m/c). I did not have any nausea but have been tired and run down. When my cycle came, I had sore BB's and was tired and hoped for a quick BFP but there she was....AF...Anyhow, a friend of mine got pg two weeks after m/c and didn't know it because she kept waiting for her period to start....Everything turned out well with hers! Hopefully you are in that situation....Sorry to hear about your lost angel...

More persies over the weekend!

MMteacher
    Thanks for sharing. I think AF will be starting soon based on how I'm feeling. Mild cramping but I can't explain the queasy stomach. Oh well, take it one day at a time right?

Welcome GiiGii - but sorry as well. Like you., I am waitingf for AF to arrive after M/C. Mr Dr tld me 4 -6 weeks. Here's hoping! SO want to get back on that horse
    Let's face it - we all want to make that move to the PAML thread but the support here is great anyway. I have to ask one question? What does your signature mean??

Jen/Tempus - thanks for the discussion on progesterone. I will be having a very full and frank discussion about this with my Dr when I see him...I am sure this is an issue and will do what it takes!

Jodsan - I have never got a BFP before DPO 14 so try again. And Good luck!!

NicksterUK/Katiegirl - sounds like it is all going great guns. One day at a time right

MMteacher/Mollycat/smilanatu - and all else. Hope your weekend is going fabulously

Hi ladies, I've really felt low today after yesterday's high. DH has been so good. I'll test again tomorrow to make sure but it should have at least been the same faint line this morning so it was ether a false pos or a chemical pregnancy. I feel like I'm getting PMS today too, very irritable and loads of AF cramping. Arggh, I guess I'll know for sure in the morning.

Gii Gii - Sorry I didn't welcome you yesterday So sorry for your loss I had a mc at 5.5 weeks, the mc just ended up feeling like a heavy AF, then 29 days later my next AF came as usual. So in step with the other girls really. As far a how your feeling, my cycles have been bizarre since the mc, I seem to have developed severe PMS which causes nausea, swollen breasts, cramping (which has always been very subtle), moodswings, irritability - you name it! The first month was definatley the worse, I was all over the place. So from my experience, its perfectly normal, your body just needs time to adjust as it was getting ready for bubs and now it probably doesn't know what its doing. My Dr has prescribed me more sleep and more exercise to try to get my hormones back on track. Good luck, hope Af comes soon so you can feel normal again.

Hey everyone else, hope you're doing ok!

Hey GiiGii - welcome honey and my heart goes out to you for your loss. I didn't get AF til approx 5 weeks after each m/c. Our ears and shoulders are here for u, sweet.

Jodsan - oh boy honey I am so sorry for the rollercoaster ride - i hope tomorrow's answer gives u a direction one way or another -

hey maybe baby (how u get AF soon hun), mmteacher, mollycat, jen, jenushka, tempus (hugs hun), smilanatu, nickster, canary, AJC, mel A, trac, tina, jmg, pbstar, betty, issy, ll80, abbey, emmy-lou, katie and of course - bday buddy (29 sleeps to go!!)!!!

i don't have a cover line yet but i know i have o-ed so i guess i am unofficially in the TWW. So we wait .....

Hi Girls,
    I have been mad - busy at work this week, so haven't been able to post here, but you are all in my thoughts.

Jen- Hi Honey, your posts have really made me smile. I think that it is really lovely that you have remembered everyon'e names (I agree with plc- thanks for counting us up!) and your reason was so sincere. You have a great way of making everyone of us feel valued and supported, so thank you! I have access to a great medical website at work, so I will try to look up the progesterone thing on Monday. My dusty old text book is clueless! I think that perhaps your Dr doesnt know as much as he likes to make out, and it is possible that in between your 1st and 2nd appointments, he went away and read about progesterone, or asked a colleague, which is why he has left you with confusing info. I think that if he is going to b*ll*****, he should at least own up and tell you when he is not sure! Good luck for the TWW. xx

Jenushka - Welcome. I am sorry for your loss, but I am pleased that you have found BB for support. I hope your stay in this thread is a short one.

GiiGii- Hi, welcome also. I am sorry to hear about your m/c and I know that waiting for that first AF can be really hard. My 1st AF was just slightly longer than a normal period (about 35 days for me), and I did continue to have preg symptoms for quite a while after the mc. In fact, I still get mild nausea, which I never used to. It's really weird, cos now I feel slightly sick when I see something gros, or think about something unpleasant that I have seen before. (Like emptying a very smelly bin for example!) I think that the nausea is probably psychological now, though. I hope that you do not have to wait too long for AF. Good luck. xx

plc- Hi! Glad you got the green light from Ob and GL for the 2ww. xx

To our preggie friends- Katie, Nickster, JMG, Laura, Trac (I know i've missed a few)- it's great to hear from you all and it sounds at though you are doing great. JMG- I totally understand why you havent told anyone yet, I'd be the same. You can tell us all thogh! Laura- Sorry to hear about your GF, I'm glad that his recovery was quite speedy.

mmteacher- I liked your poem about letting go, thank you for posting it. Sometimes it helps to stop trying so hard for the things we want to acheive and just let nature take it's course. Yes, there have been a few reports of AF being really heavy when it is the 1st one after mc (angel B said that AF was hving a 'spring clean!') . GL for starting clomid. xx

Betty- Sorry to hear about your FIL, you must have had a really stressful few weeks. sending HUGS. **

Pb star- Your poem was inspirational, thank you. It reminded me of the story of the little train chugging up the hill, saying to himself as he goes :
    ' I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I think I can..' when things are getting tough, I say that to myself- just to keep going!

Mel- sorry for the BFN, but remember, it's not over until the fat lady sings (AF!)

Jodsan- What an ordeal! Try and keep calm, look after yourself and DH, wait a few more days...then test again. I know it's hard, but you can do it! GL! xx

Hi Tempus, Tina, Smilinatu (I hope that your symptoms are for a BFP, not AF), Issy, AJC (Sorry about AF), maybebaby, Angel B, Jodsan (hope UR better now?) and Abbey B. I know I have missed some, I'm really sorry.

Right, now I have caught up with you all, i am off to do some work! I might even try and change my ticker so that it is accurate for a change.
    Have a great weekend all!
    Last edited by Canary; April 19th, 2008 at 10:45 PM.

Hi everyone, just wanted to drop in to say hi and spread some for the ttc'ers and some for the pg ladies.

GiiGii - welcome. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I can see you have already started to be showered with the fabulous support the ladies in here offer. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon.

Jodsan - so sorry to hear you've been up and down over the last few days. that it's just too early for a BFP.

plc - GL for the TWW.

for everyone.

Just poppin' in to say good morning ladies...have a faboulous weekend!

Jodsan--I hope your morning brings no AF (she's such a witch) and a nice DARK line! Waiting is hard enough without the testing, so I can just imagine how frustrated you're feeling right now! Sending you lots of positive thoughts and loads of baby dust!

plc--Hope your TWW flies by!

Canary--It's really not that impressive that I wrote everyone's names down. What would be impressive is if I remembered what's going on in everyone's life--that's the part that's hard to keep track of! But you're right--I value and appreciate all of you, and you've all always made me feel the same, so it's the least I can do! Think you're right about my dr, too. He's barely older than I am! He was actually the dr. that was on call when my youngest DS was born--the nurses pretty much walked him through the birth! Hope you have a great weekend!

Default Jen

Yep, it sounds as though he was trying to 'wing it' during your consultation! Is he supervised by someone with more experience? Maybe you could ask to see that person instead. Anyway, I'll let you know if I can find out anything useful about progesterone when I get back to work.
    Take care.

Default Help - very, very confused

I am so confused. I POAS with the Crystal Clear again this morning, at first a line came up but then it disintegrated away very quickly and only left one dot where the line was? Then, I had managed to get Discover Onestep when out yesterday so I tried it with second morning urine, again, at first a faint line turned up but disintegrated fairly quickly into one fairly dark dot (that's line shaped). Both dots are where the line should be. Has anyone had this b4, it's so bizarre?????

Jodsan--You poor thing! It's nerve-wracking enough when POAS, but WTF is up with your tests? Wish I could help you out on this, but I've got no experience with testing--mines this coming week! Good luck, everything's crossed for you!

Thanks Canary re: Progesterone! There are other dr's that I can choose from this time. I felt bad at first, but the more I talk about it, the more I think it's probably for the best. Thanks again, have a great weekend!

Jodson big Hugs!
    Perhaps you could go to your gp and pee in a cup for them and see what happens, maybe ask for a BT just to make especially sure, and of course for your own sanity!!
    Lost of Luck and HUGS!

..Laura

Thanks so much girls, you are all so wonderful. Well I found First Response and did it at lunch time and it was definately negative, no strange dots. So at least I know now. I dont need FMU with First Response do I? Should I do another in the morning just to be sure? Kinda dont want to do anymore, I'm sick of it

Have a further question too, what is cervix supposed to be like before AF? Mine feels kinda soft and open, it feels really similar to O time. I have never noticed this before AF before, is it normal 4 days out from AF. I have also had some snot-like CM (sorry TMI). Is this normal before AF? I have tried googling and cant find my answers.
    Last edited by Jodsan; April 20th, 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast