Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ Dec 07/Jan 08

Hi Everyone and welcome to all the newbies - I hope you stay is a short one. I hope you are all having a good day. I am off to the Ob this afternoon for my 6 week follow up after my D&C - armed with my list of questions. I thought I had AF last week but now not so sure. I have had bleeding on and off for the last 6 weeks - last week was much heavier so may have been AF. I have started spotting again the last couple of days so who knows what is happening. I hope my Ob has some answers for me.

Good luck to everyone and I hope we get to hear your good news soon.

kg good luck with your app

Hi Everyone
    I am new at this but i thought that i would drop be for some friendly advice. I am eager to start trying for another baby as i have had two miscarriages in the past 12 months. I have a daughter to a previous partner and alos miscarried with him. I am now married to a wonderful man and we want to complete our family, we both have a child each to previous partners they are 3 and 4. It was very heart breaking to have 2 miscarriages in a row as we both want to complete our family. Has anyone gone any advice in regards to helping us. We have lost both our babies between 5 and a half weeks and 6 and a half weeks. Our Doctor has said that he will run tests if we lose another baby but i am not if i can go through that again. Any help
    Trac

Trac - hi and welcome to BB, i know what you mean , i have 4 children to my ex 9 months ago i married a wonderful man and he has no children, so we really want to have a child before we get to old i had 4 M/C with my ex and have not long M/C with my DH, we so much want to complete our family to. I to have lost my angles at about 6 weeks , doc cannot find any reason. Have you ever done a chart , taking your temp i chart with Fertility friend, wishing you good luck with TTC.

Trac - welcome. Am sure you will find some good support and advice in here. DH and I have been through 2 miscarriages within 12 months, most recently in Oct. Doc offered to do some tests for us so we decided to do that and take a break from ttc for a while. Did heaps of tests and the only thing that was abnormal was a uterine polyp which was removed. Other than that everything is fine. Doc told us that he hasn't seen a couple like us yet that don't end up with a healthy baby - he would not give us false hope. Given that you have carried to term before I would imagine your odds would be even better. Not saying that you should have tests done but if you want to then I would push the issue a little more - we had tests just because we wanted to have a little more peace of mind before we ttc again. I was really scared about ttc the second time and for good reason but this time I am really excited about it and am hoping that's a good sign.

I would recommend same as betty boop - charting is an excellent way to 'take control' of your cycle. It can tell you alot about your cycle. Fertility friend is a great way to keep track of that. I also take Blackmores pre-conception Gold and make sure I eat well (lots of organic fruit & veg) and exercise most days. I've cut coffee completely and have given up the vino (had a few glasses over Christmas though). Staying positive and relaxed (probably one of the hardest things to do) is also an important thing - I go to the beauty place twice a month for massages and pedicures just to spoil myself and feel good.

Good luck and I hope to see you in the 'pregnancy after miscarriage loss' thread

AJC- the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like months don't they? it's like time stands still while we wait...and wait...and wait.

Hope you're all having a lovely day- cos I'm low and need serious 'giggle matter' to cheer me up...
    Got af today- took me completely by surprise so promptly burst into tears It explains the hot flushes I've been having the past few days. It's the first one since m/c so going to have to wait even longer now to get pg. Feel so disappointed- DH went off to work in a bad mood early this morning (he doesn't know about af yet)- we were grumpy with each other last night and I ended up on the sofa watching crummy TV.
    So, here I am feeling like a rubbish wife and useless egg-producer. Oh, and just to top it all my boss rang to tell me that the interfering busy body at work has implemented some changes on my behalf and he 'thought he should let me know' cos he thinks they're 'excellent' so I guess I'm also surplus to requirements at work now (I'm a teacher with Dept responsibilities- well, had Dept reponsibilities till she seems to have taken over) GGgggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Wait till I get back next week
    Please cheer me up- otherwise I'm going to have to resort to chocolate, or cake, or both!! (oooh, and a lovely glass of wine...) lol
    Thanks for the rant, I feel a bit better actually, now, where did I hide the chocolate? xx

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cake, we can have half each, one of my many food weaknesses
    you better be quick though or your half may be slightly smaller.

I hate it when everything seems to go down the sh%tter all at once, happening on my end as well.

It is a comfort to know there is always cake.

..Laura

Default Nickster

I feel like telling you off...... Actually I will...... Whats with this "useless egg producer" stuff....... Put your hand out cause I m gonna smack it. I doubt thats how your DH feels and I know you deffinately shouldnt feel that way.

In our situation it is DH that has swimmers that tend to swim backwards or float but none of them are champion swimmers BUT there is absolutely no blame on him and I do not have a negative or bad thought. What I do have is sorrow FOR him because he is probably just like you....ln blaming yourself.

Ok..... well I didnt say it would be a big telling off but consider yourself told.

Now if AF turned up today....no wonder you and DH had a grumpy attack last night...... goodness my DH can see the steam coming out of my ears the day before AF visits me.

Now as for AF......... I m looking forward to her visit. As with yourself, mine will be the first since the loss of my angel babies. To me it will mean the beginning. At the moment I m in a holding pattern until then. When it happens I will know that I m back on my cycle and ready to start again. I m not expecting AF for at least another 2 weeks but i will be very happy when she arrives.

Now I hope since you posted you have found your chocolate, drowned your sorrows in yummy rich chocolate and are ready to keep going..... If your anything like me when AF arrives.... DH is probably scared to come home

Thanks Laura and Angel Babies! I hate feeling this way, and hate seeing people wallowing too, so I did (do) need a kick! I got busy to keep my mind off cake and chocolate- emailed a load of stuff into work so that they see I'm actually working and on the ball, also emailed DH asking him to ring me if he could- which he did, so told him about af (which, like you he says is positive) and forgives my grumpiness. He's going to try to get home early tonight :-) We teach at the same school so we'll be able to have a shared moan about certain colleagues later.

Thank you once again, long live chocolate, cake,,, and Chocolate Cake! I prescribe it to all of us, with big hugs xx

Nickster - go for that chocolate! If it will make you feel better, go for it. Please do not feel like a useless anything, it is just the hormones talking. Maybe DH is feeling like a useless seed producer, so maybe that is why he is grumpy, nothing to do with you. As for the AF arriving, it may be a GOOD thing. I have just had my first doctor checkup after my mc, and my doctor told me that the chance of miscarrying again is higher if you do not wait at all. I am still not sure if I believe that, if I had a bum egg, then the probability I will get another bad one is the same this month or in 3 months. But it must be good to let your body heal some more, you will be stronger next month and more ready for this. AF is not the end, it is the beggining of a new cycle, time to start again.

Trac - maybe you can look for a second opinion? I know that the doctors want to wait until 3 mc, but if you feel too scared to try again... I only had one mc, but I am 40, so my doctor wants to run all the tests now, on the account that I do not have time for 3 trials. I do not know how old you are, but maybe if you push, they will run the tests for you now too? Obviously it is not some hard in stone rule. I would explain to the doctor that there will be no 3rd anything if you do not get the tests now because you cannot handle it mentally. Charting is a good idea too, will let you understand more about your cycle. I think if you have problems with progesterone levels for instance, you will be actually able to see that in the temperature charts.

Default Nickster

Ok...... very good........ Now if i every go on a rant like you did saying things like that, I expect you to tell me off and throw some chocolate mud cake my way..... make sure its nice and soft and fresh with that really yummy icing.

Angel Babies- it's a deal!

Luna- thanks, I know you are absolutely right. DH said the same sort of thing. I'm outnumbered x

Trac- Hi, and welcome. i hope you find some of the answers that you need. I'm in a similar situation to you regarding the fact that I have children from my previous marriage (aged 13 and 14) but am newly married and would dearly love to share a child with DH. I had my m/c quite recently, and pray that I never, ever have to go through it again. But it's a risk we seem prepared to take when we make that decision to go through with this. It's all or nothing isn't it, however daunting/terrifying. I wish you the very best of luck

hey Laura- did you get some cake? You made me laugh, thanks.

Nickster, I sure did, just so happened that I made one earlier in the afternoon so I ate some before bed, very naughty, and some this morning for breakfast
    I am a bit of a cake fiend, demon actually.
    Cake is the first thing I turn to when down, then alcohol.
    Bad Bad girl I am told.

I have my first doctor appt. today after the m/c, I bet I am going to have to do a blood test to check my iron and heamoglobin levels, I am still bruised and sore from hospital, really don't feel like being a pin cushion again.
    Physically I am feeling better though so should go okay.

..Laura

Hi Everyone
    I would like to thank bettyboo, AJC, Luna and nicksterUK for there advice on my situation.
    Luna - I am 34 years of age. I know that it is realitve young these days but as my youngest daughter is 4 i was hoping that we could have a baby close to her age but i guess you cna never make plans when it comes to babies.
    AJC and bettyboo - as i am new to this could you please explain how to take control of your cycle?

Has anyone been to a natruopath to help conceive?

My last prgnancy i showed great signs and felt really positive withon myself and the miscarriage came as a huge shock. IS it possible that i am not able to carry boys and is there a test that they can do to find this out?

Just a thought.

Well as we are really eager to start trying we are hoping that we will have success next time round but i need to try and not focus on it......easier said than done when it is something you want desperately.

Thanks again to everyone and have a great day
    Trac
    PS nicksterUK i noticed you got married in August 2007 so did i what date? Mine was the 25th...

Trac73: so sorry for your loss, but welcome here. besides charting, you'll want to have your doctor check you out for the various conditions. There's a thread here on bellybelly about the tests you should have for recurrent MC. I'll keep you in my prayers.

nicksterUK: sorry and sending you a cyberhug and a big piece of cyberchococake (yeah, yeah, no such word. so sue me LOL!)

hi nicksteruk .
    hi to everyone else, so annoyed hos app has not arrived, do you think i should ring them or is it being pushy?

betty - not pushy at all. do what you need to do.

ladies all this talk about chocolate cake is going to send me straight off my diet. but well worth it

Default trac73

Trac..... we are actually starting with natruopath. We have gone through all the specifics with them and they are working out our herbs. Apparently they tast like [email protected]@t but hey.... I m not a fan of needles and i put up with them with IVF.

My way of looking at it is that if it doesnt work then at least I ve gotten a lot healthier than I was.

We are going to stay on it and if nothing happens by May or June then we will look at ICIS again.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast