Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February 08 #2

Hi all- hope you've had a good day!? Mine has been crazy!! Today I was dressed as Queen Elizabeth 1st- I kid you not- and the rest of my department dressed as Shakespeare characters for the day. I organised a special day for 220 students who are sitting their Shakespeare exams in a few weeks (special lessons, assembly, a falconer who did an awsome display with his birds of prey (the kids even gloved up and 'flew' them) and then the theatre co. who performed the play). Brilliant but absolutely knackering!! I've already had my dinner and a bath and am off to bed in a mo- it's not even 8pm here yet!

It kept me occupied tho so I haven't been fretting about 'symptoms' today. I figure if there's no tummy pain, severe backache or bleeding then little bean must be ok....hoping hopimg hoping...

Angel- damn your unwanted visitor! Tell her to come back in 9-10 months time! xxx Hope you are ok, :hugs:

Laura- I definitely get the CM you describe around 'o'. I reckon it's nature's way of making sure I realise what's going on, since I'm a bit unsure of the whole 'monitoring of the cycle.' I go 'oh' in surprise (or 'yuk') 'aha must be 'o'

Canary- have added you to my 'fingers crossed for BFP' this weekend- good luck mate!

Hi to everyone else- for you all xxx

Hi there - have been lurking but not posted - just had to time-out a little and now I'm back

Angelbabies - Bdaybuddy!! - what a bugger!! and a 25 day cycle to boot! hun - I'm going to become one of those super powered wonder twins (dykwim?) and assume "form of a big mirror" and reflect all of the amazing positive energy that you normally emit right back at you!!! I don't have ur knack of knowing exactly the right thing to say but know that the best possible right thing is trying to be said to you right now - chin up, hun! oh and thx for your cheer up post - it did actually make me lol

Nickster - crazy day at your neck of the world! I (and the rest of us I'm sure) would be in the same shoes as you re ur concerns - after my m/cs I don't think I would totally let myself relax during my next (hopeful) pg. But there has to be an element of allowing urself to have faith that things will work out - doesn't there?

Canary - aww GL hun for this cycle! but at the same time if it's meant to be for you this cycle it will be. Positive vibes for u!!

ll80 - hey laura - def get the cm at o time on my underwear but don't know about "wetting myself" feeling. Haven't experienced any change with cm since m/cs. GL with BT!

Mollycat - wow! for so many reasons - great to hear of positives in ur life at the mo! sorry ur mum has been poorly and sorry u have that horrible constant reminder of good pg around u. Ur sil esp!! With all due respect - what a show-off! 11 kids (sigh!) as for keeping up a brave face to ur clients, it reminds me a saying my mum heard once and lives by "the personal success is how we face, with grace and dignity, the atrocities of life" - helps me!

Katiegirl - sorry af feels like its coming (not over til its over tho) and there is ? on ur cycle. I don't really know what to say about whether it is better to have a longer or shorter pause after m/c. I have heard of women having success and failures in each circumstance. Hang in there - when it finally happens for you, it won't matter how long it has taken, ul be just so over the moon!

Tina - it's been my experience and observation that there are no set pg symptoms for everyone. My girlfriend has just had her 2nd m/c with 2 healthy pgs before that and never had any of the traditional signs of pg for any of them. I had no early pg symptoms for DS but had a lot of nausea before i m/c my 1st. I totally get ur desperation - I'm not particularly religious but I do kind of "pray" to the universe - put it out there that "yep! i'm open to being pg again" - it helps me.

Betty - how'd u go with lap appt? glad u had a great weekend!

AJC - how u going hun?

Anthonysmom - glad that there are some answers coming ur way so that (even tho horrible to hear) u know what ur dealing with at least and can take appropriate meds. keep positive tho!

Tempus - how are u going? hugs to you...

Hi to everyone else - let's keep that positivity in here and let the settle on all of us!!

Default How common is implantation bleed?

Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me dropping in on your thread, this is only my second post ever. I posted one in January re: a MC I had just had and everyone was so sweet. I allowed myself one full cycle and was ready to TTC again. I am now 10dpo. At 7dpo my boobs started getting sore and lumpy, like when my milk came in with Aiden. Then dpo's 8,9&10 so sore and hot, like they have been hit with a freight train! Had quite a bit of creamy CM yesterday which I normally would not get this time of the month. Also a bit tired and sleepy which I think is due to progesterone.

I'm feeling quite optimistic, but a little scared bc I haven't had an implantation bleed. I had this with Aiden and knew right from the start that the pregnancy was going to stick. I didn't have an implantation bleed with the MC in Jan at 5-6 wks. Have any of you had a successful pregnancy without an implantation bleed?

Also, when do you think I should test? My AF is due around 15dpo. I have bought Crystal Clear which says you can test 4 days before AF, that would make it tomorrow. Probably a little overanxious!

Laura - I think there is always heaps of CM up around the cervix around O time, but it doesn't always come out. If I go for a run or to the gym around O time, I notice heaps and heaps and heaps of CM in my undies afterwards. I didn't seem to have as much after my MC, but I have been a bit naughty and not done any exercise!

Angel B - do you often get early AFs? I have heard that sometimes implantation bleeding can be as heavy as an AF.

HI everyone,
    I guess the CM is more of a pain than anything else, but at l east I know when it O time well and truely.

Jodsan my first pg with my daughter I didn't have any bleeding what so ever and it turned out all okay. Everyone is different and every pg is different which doesn't make it any easier for us to try and figure out what our bodies are doing. Quite a pain in the backside really isnt it?

Well I am well and truely bored in the country, I really wish my DP was here as there would be a hell of a lot of bonking going on. nothing else to do. I guess I could get a start on my Uni work but you know... would much rather be bonking

..hope you all have a good day

...Laura

jodsan - didn't have any implantation bleeding with my DS

ll80 - u r too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "would much rather be bonking" - bless u hun!!!

Magda Guest

Angle babies, I am sorry to hear that AF arrived. But I agree with one of the ladies here who said 14 days till you can get jiggy with it. Keep trying don't leave us.

Mollycat, I am sorry to hear about your SIL, continue being positive.

Canary, I am in the same boat with you at the moment I should be 7 dpo, but I have no idea if I O'd. I did have a dr apt yesterday and when he was feeling around inside he said it felt like a strong chance I could be. But are you eating a lot, I am eating everything I see. I went to the supermarket earlier and brought at frozen Sara Lee Pound Cake, the small one, and 4 hrs later I have eaten 3/4 of it. And I am not at all a big eater.

Does anyone remember feeling moody a week before Af is to arrive if preg or do you guys think it's a clear sign of Af arriving. I have been under a lot of stress with my daughter.

I hope everyone else is doing well I 'm sorry if I have missed anything I still have a few more post to read.

Hi Magda,
    When I was pregnant with Aiden (born May 2006) I ate everything in sight, from a few days before my positive test at about 12-14 dpo until the end of the first trimester. I think I gained about 6 kgs in the first trimester!

Could be a good sign!!

I got a minor victory today. I found a YMCA near me with a good reputation that does drop-in day care. I was really worried because with my new FS I can see me having to go to the doc sometimes at a drop of a hat and it's good I won't have to rely soley on my friends to watch my littlest one. $14 a month to make her a member, then babysitting is free! Which is really good because AF is due next week and if it comes, I need a hysteroscopy and there's just no way you can take a 5-year-old to a hysteroscopy. Good luck fellow TWW'ers!

Anthonysmom: are you seeing a FS or a regular OB? I've noticed docs don't like to give out too much information. I think it makes them feel smart and exclusive or something...

ll80: actually, I've had less CM since mc

bettyboop: good luck with your tests...

tina_k: sending cyberhug

nicksterUK and Canary: take a deeeep breeeaaath...

Katiegirl: try not to get too down. sometimes fertility problems come and go. I needed clomid to concieve my first, but my others came naturally. and my successful pregnancies were real easy-breezy. So even if you need help RIGHT NOW, it doesn't mean you will need help forever.

mollycat: what are "green p's" and "L's"??? never heard that before. why do you suppose SIL kept it a secret? although a woman I knew who ws pregnant with her 7th never saw a doctor until she was five months along, she was so scared to tell her husband (long story short, he was fine with it and they planned to have more kids)).

Angel Babies: sorry about AF, but you sound like you have a pretty good attitude about it.

Jodsan: of course you're welcome and I'm so sorry for your loss.
    All my successful pregnancies had NO bleeding, not even implantation.

hi tempus - sorry talking about australian (state of new south wales) licensing for driving "L's" are learners permit which most people get at age 16 (I just was never ready, and didn't really need them). Then there are two stages of provisional licences "Red P's" and "Green P's". The L's which you get with a computer test now need a minimum of 120 hours driving practice (only 50 when i did them) and a minimum of twelve months, reds are for twelve months and you need to pass a driving test to get these, the the greens follow, this is another computer test and you need these for a minimum of two years, follow this with yet another computer test to go on your "full" licence. Every test has a fee, as well as every licence has a fee.

About being positive, i can't do anything to change my SIL's pg. With lots of luck I won't see them very often. As to why keep this a secret, i think they've done the same for about the last seven kids. Why? Who knows, maybe it's so we won't make any bad comments about the number of kids they have, at one stage they had nine in a tiny 3 bedroom house, The first 3 are about 14 months apart then the others are spaced over a few years apart.

Default Where to now

Well I sent through an email to my Naturapath last night. Asking basically what the heck to do from here. (she is a wonderfully positive person who I really am beginning to adore...... She has no clue at this stage but if I ... I should say WHEN I get a BFP - she is such an excitable thing - that I m going to ask her to be there for the delivery........ she is also a qualified midwife)

She got back to me just before midnight and put me back to the more positive side (I can picture her sitting there saying ... use the force angel... use the force.... stay away from the dark side)... ANYWAY I keep digressing.... In my email to her I basically said WTF can we do about these backwards swimming swimmers. Her response was that she can treat DH with a more agressive regeim and I basically said.... Hell yeah..... bout bloody time!

So I read the email out to DH and he said, well if it takes accupunture every day then thats what I will do..... Realistically though ladies.... what other response could he have given AND survived!

So today we are calling her to set up whatever appointments he needs to have to get his Chee and his Swimmers in line. From there we are going to keep going and look at how every thing is going again in May. The whole 72 Day thing with the swimmers puts us in May so APPARENTLY they should know HOW to swim by then. I really do want to stick with doing it naturally and dont want to do another IVF cycle. If anyone has ever read my first blog you will understand totally. So we will see how things go over the next few months.

NOW catch up time....

Mollycat....... I would rather be bare foot and pregnant cookin in the kitchen than cookin cyber cakes so we can all be pregnant..... LOL but another batch of cakes coming up.... I ll leave the cupcakes to someone else.... I m going with a ultra rich chocolate mud cake covered in gooey chocolate icing.... hmmmmmm yummmmy

tempus.... absolute best of best of luck for you.....

Jodsan.... Nope never had any stick bleed with any of them.... have 18 year old, 16 year old and of course my 2 angels this year. It is deffinately AF.... bless her cotton socks As for putting on weight in the first Tri.... OMG I had to go out yesterday and buy a new pair of jeans so i had SOMETHING to wear to the football on Saturday. I ve had to buy a new uniform for work. I only fit into those and my maternity clothes I brought. Boy did I get chitty the other night... some stupid late night tele commercial on TV. All these mothers complaining about the weight they put on when they had their babies... I was ready to throw something at the TV.... I was ranting and raving.... saying... Try having the baby fat without being allowed to have the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh I was in tanty mood big time... PS.. that was the night before AF arrived...

Goodness this is going to be a long post!

Magda..... Yep hanging around here for a bit more... not going anywhere yet... Ohhh I keep going into Pregnant after MC just to check on StarrySky but other than that You are all stuck with me...... Now as for you..... BREATHE girl.... Dont stress its just one day at a time and then another and then another.... Dont let your mind sending you over to the crazy side....

ll80.... Personally I love the whole CM theory. I am just amazed that our bodies react to that degree. Ohhh and I m a huge fan of the egg white ..... lol ... there specifically to help the swimmers swim easily and keep them alive while they do.... they can survive up to 5 days in the egg white and only 2 days in the white sticky... its such amaizing stuff.

plc18055.... Birthday Buddy.... Ohhh you cracked me up you wonder twin you.... I can just picture this morning cartoon TV character saying " form of a big mirror ' so for someone who thinks they cant say the right thing at the right time..... YOUR WRONG... thanks hun.

Nickster.... Hmmm dressing up teachers... must be a UK thing ohhh sorry I cracked myself up... Picturing all these teachers dressed as nutters.... (na... not just a UK thing... I ve done it myself for various reasons... but not going into detail LOL) Now you dont have long till your doctors appointment so I want to know straight way what he says...

Canary....... Well ummmmm DH is only just gotten his way back into the jiggy books. He went just under 2 weeks of "dont you even think about it bud" So MAYBE... if he behaves and does everything HE can do to TTC then MAYBE in 2 weeks he will be lucky. As for you POAS day... I decided to do things differently this time.... Whenever I was thinking to much about it i did POAS. it then told me it was negative and I kept going with my day.... hey it worked... only downside it that it stayed negative and now AF is here.. but hey.... it kept me sane.

Well I think that is everyone and I have caught up.... Huge hugs to all

Ok - attempt # 3 making this post - keep getting interrupted GGGRRR.

Hope you are all good - hope the positive vibes are still flowing through this thread.

Angelbabies: can't believe af showed up a) uninvited & b) early - the cow she is. You'll be getting jiggy again soon - glad to hear DH is doing what it takes. .......wait...... can i smell chocie mud cake - yum, you make the best chocie mud cakes!

DH went for semen analysis on Mon - he wasn't too happy about it but knew I would snap if he whinged! Results to doc by end of this week so I figured they'll contact us if there is any cause for concern. May be seeing OB soon anyway as I start clomid next month if not pg this month. He told me to start if not pg by Easter - got the script and last appointment so I went and picked it up from the pharm. yesterday. Was kind of excited about it for some psychotic reason - don't know why. Oh well - if pg this month I'll just put them to the back of my underwear drawer and if not I'm ready to start (knowing my luck if I had waited and got script done day af arrives they would probably be out of stock or something). For the sake of my sanity I figured $35 whether I need it or not was a wise investment.

DH and I on hols next week - just decided to go up to Byron Bay to chill out - cheap and cheerful.

Hugs and to all!!!!

I'm sorry to come off sounding like a complete tragedy queen, but we just got word that my maternal grandfather (who lives in a nursing home) has taken a decline recently. He could go either way at this point. But we're still not over grieving FIL, so we're pretty overwhelmed.

It seems that most of the time our life rocks along status quo with very little going on, but then when it rains it pours.

Then when I went to the YMCA to sign up wee DD for drop in care, they looked at me like I had just landed from Mars and said they didn't have any such program. So I explained I talked to some lady on the phone who said yes they did. So the receptionist went to talk to her boss, who said they USED to have a drop in program until some lady left her kid to go shopping, then couldn't be reached when they had some emergency. (Why does it always take one incident like that to mess things up for everybody else?????)

So I went and had a good cry in my minivan, then headed home to my phone directory and proceeded to call every day care center in a five mile radius (quite a few here, we have some major corporations around). And found three that have drop in programs. So I made three appointments for tomorrow to tour facilities etc. I'm thinking I'll register her in all three in case one gets full on a day I need it, I'll have a back up plan.

but your posts brought a smile to my face which I really needed and am grateful for.

mollycat: Oh. I thought those were fertility words I never heard of, LOL

Angel Babies: your post brought up images of swimming lessons for sperm with little tiny lifeguards with whistles and...tell me to shut up whenever you wish...
    but serious.y, I'm glad your husband's in on this with you.

AJC: clomid worked wonderfully for me and I hope you have as good luck.

Nickster I am envious of you dressing up as Queen Elizabeth, I love the old English monarchs and every chance I get I dress up as someone from around QE1's time! I am sure you will be fine but good luck for docs appt anyway! I am so excited for you

ll80 I am unsure if anything about CM can be considered normal or usual! I do know that I have had less since my m/c in November, however for the last couple of days I have felt wet even though not really any cm, taking that as a sign o is due soon as by my count it should be around Tuesday.

Mollycat sorry to hear about the secretive SIL and her being due just after you would have been. And yes it makes me mad / sad that some people just find it sooo easy!

Angel YAY for your DH for finally getting on board and now doing EVERYTHING he can to help! You have definitely scored a victory and you should be proud of yourself for sticking up and saying your piece!
    Oh yes and I will definitely be having some of your delicious tasting choc mud cake just after I sprinkle some on it for everyone!

Tempus I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather, especially so soon after your FIL. Hopefully it is just a scare and nothing else, its the last thing you need!

As for me, well have been charting my temps this month, and as soon as I figure out how to put a link in my signature I will do so for you all to squiz at. Here is a question though, not sure if my temps are behaving themselves. So far they have been bouncing from 36.7 (highest) to 36.2 (lowest). Yes i have only been temping since Monday and AF arrived the Monday before (just got the BD thermometer) but should they be like this? Or am I just thinking its a big jump because the chart makes it look that way (haven't o'd yet)???????

hi everyone!
    just wanted to drop in andlet you know I had my first docs appointment yesterday, I was fine as I went in but assoon as I started talking talking I was a blubbering mess! couldnt believe it! I am so bloody emotional atm, any little thing will set me off!
    anyway, had my first bt, HCG is at 1118, next bt on sat so hopefully will be a significant rise.
    good luck to you all this cycle, so sorry about af angelbabies, she can be so cruel sometimes!
    i will sprinkle some more around for good measure!

Hi ladies - just a quick note to say hi!

Starrysky - hey great to hear all is going well! keep up the good work

berecca - re ur temps are u taking them at same time each morning? have you had interrupted sleep at all? sorry if you have already covered that it's just I know that they are affected a lot by time and sleep. otherwise, not sure...

tempus - ooh hun! sorry about the bad luck - don't worry about being tragedy queen - thx for letting us share in ur life in order to be able to offer support. take care of urself hun! as for the mucj up with child care, that really is appalling. GL tomorrow with ur appts.

AJC - so jealous of ur trip to Byron. my DH and I went just over 3 yrs ago and it was so lovely. Glad that ur having time out after all the craziness!

Angelbabies - Bday buddy - how u doin hun? glad I managed to put a smile on ur dial. keep smilin if u can....

Magda - how r u doin sweet? hope ur stresses diminish little by little very soon...

jodsan - so sorry that i replied so shortly to ur post without even welcoming u! very bad manners - hope ur well.

Hi to canary, mollycat, ll80, katiegirl, nickster, anthonysmom, bettyboop, tina and any other lovely lady that I'm sure to have missed.

I was telling the girls on another thread how I had a fantastic session at the acupuncturist on yesterday. He said I'd gone backwards a bit cos of the lap and just needed to unblock some energy paths caused from scarring. This time he did something a little bit different. As well as the needles for other spots, he used a "moxa" I think it's called which just looks like a huge joint (LOL!). He held the lit end about 2 cms away from my skin at the point where he would have the needle and I had to tell him when it got too hot for me to stand. This is to generate heat through the meridians and my body. Well! It certainly did generate heat and so much energy and I think it was largely due to the smell of the moxa which smelt A GREAT DEAL like a joint (LOL!!!!). I guess I was high! Hope he does it again next week!!
    So now I smell a BFP brewing (my nostrils are very clear now after the moxa )!!

hi Ladies!
    You lot always put a smile on my face. Would you believe that I have stayed late at work to read all of your posts tonight? (Too many interruptions from DH at home!)
    Tempus, sending you big hugs (but for the blasted pop up blocker!). Your life seems so stressful right now. Your coping strategy seems a good one- have a cry, then get down to tackling the problem, and of course, tell us all about it too. I hope things improve for you soon.
    Nickster- I want to be a teacher! It sounds like so much fun, getting all dressed up. It is great to hear from you and Starrysky. Sending sticky vibes and baby dust. xx
    hi Jodsan, it is nice to meet you. I have only had 2 m/c. No implantation bleed with 1st, spotting at about day 20 (approx) with 2nd. Your symptoms sound encouraging! Good luk!!
    Magda, yes, i am eating more than i should right now, but usually have a generous appetite!

Oh, I cant stop thinking about whether I am pgt or not, it is my fave daydream! only 6 days to go until test or AF. I did take that deep breath you prescribed, tempus, I think I might need a few more!! I have had some mild nausea, but really very different to the nausea I had when pgt. No tender bb's which was my earliest sign with the last 2. Magda, when are you going to test? I have decided on next Weds- unless AF beats me to it!

I hope everyone else is doing OK. I am going away over the weekend, so I'll catch up with you all on Monday.

hope you all have a great weekend, i have not had time to catch up on the posts, nothing happening here, just waiting and i am so angery about it all

plc1805 - have been charting my temps at 6am each morning, even waking up especially on the weekends, have been charting since Saturday not Monday, my bad and the only day that would be different or perhaps discounted is the Saturday when I had had 3 and a half hours sleep, or perhaps the Monday as I was sunburnt on my chest, btu not sure that would have done it either! They seem to have settled a bit. Yesterday 36.2, today 36.3, but then I am due for o on Tuesday so perhaps temps were weird just because of AF had finished as I didn't temp during them. Who knows

As for the moxa, who is your accupuncturist, I would love to visit them!

Bettyboop - hang in there sweetie, I know how hard it is and how angry you can get, but its not going to help you in TTC. I am trying to feel free and open and relaxed this month to see if it helps me any. You know we are here for you and you can vent whenever and whatever you would like!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast