Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February 08 #2

Default 12dpo

Hi ladies, 12dpo today so I might go and buy a test. I didn't get a chance to buy one yesterday so I missed first morning urine (my grandfather got diagnosed with bowel cancer so was busy with family duties - he's having the whole bowel removed today, only 50/50 chance of survival, but he's 82 so that's to be expected I guess). I have uni today and dont usually get to drink that much so I might try to test between classes anyway. Seem to have grown a cup size in the past few days so I would expect a BFP in the next couple of days, or else i'm going nuts!
    Hope ur all good!
    Jodie

Hi everyone. I am now 14DPO and I am expecting AF tomorrow. I am 100 percent certain and not even vaguely tempted to do a test. My temp has stayed the same for the last two days but this morning dropped by a point. And my new Ob who is fabulous has advised that if I am not preg this cycle then he wants me to put a hold on TTC until a whole new round of tests come back in 4 weeks. I told him that I would think about it - but DH has put his foot down and said we will do this right! So I was ganged up on. I had the blood taken yesterday - 16 vials in all! Best case scenario is they all come back negative and I only have to wait 4 weeks before TTCing again.

The new ob Mark Umstad is wonderful. I knew from the moment he spoke to me that he was the doctor for me. I feel like I am in safe hands. He is very thorough but also compassionate and understanding. He even asked what the baby's name was which meant so much.

Good luck to others about to test.
    Last edited by Katiegirl; February 29th, 2008 at 09:54 AM.

Katiegirl - hoping for that best possible scenario after ur tests - sounds like u got a prince of an ob!!
    jodsan - GL hun!!
    berecca - r u in melbourne? that's where my acupuncturist is! lol!
    bettyboop - !!
    canary - have a great weekend.

Okay...*heavy and relieved sigh* I got DD signed up with two different drop in sites, just in case. The third one seemed nice, too, but there's a bit of a language barrier between me and the Korean lady who runs it (it's part of a Korean Presbyterian church). So I held off on that.

berecca623: you can have wide variations in temps from day to day, but when you O it will be higher than your previous 6 days.

STARRYSKY: praying hard.

plc1985: I've heard of moxibustion, but never knew anybody who had it done. Best of luck!!!

Canary: you just gotta hang in there (yeah, easier said than done). But enjoy your weekend.

bettyboop: I'm angry on your behalf, too.

Jodsan: sorry about your grandpop. I'll keep him in my prayers. But on the other hand, good luck with POAS!

Katiegirl: sending encouragement vibes. 16vials! how did you have the strength to leave the office!!!

Default Good news!

My grandfather has pulled through fine, he's such a tough old bugger! He's had Parkinsons for 30 yrs and can hardly walk or do things for himself, but his mind is sharp as a tack and his will seems to be strong as an ox.

But I got a . Bit surpised, starting to worry that there is something wrong with me and that the pregnancy hasn't taken properly bc my boobs are huge and no BFP (probably just nervous after the MC). Will wait until Sunday to test again I guess (14dpo), AF due Monday. I guess it is possible that I O'd a day or so later, I go only on CM and ovary pain, the egg might be released a day or so after I feel the pain?

Katiegirl - good luck with all the blood tests, 16 vials, how did you not faint!?! Hopefully it brings with it some good working solutions!

Tempus - Glad you found some good day care options, peace of mind. How is your grandmother going?

plc1805 - I would love to hear more about your acupuncture experience if you get some spare time. Is it aimed at rebalancing your hormones bc you are TTC or your body/health in general? I can't help but feel that something like that would be really helpful for me. I had a bout of chronic fatigue last year which has been rearing its head on and off since I had a kidney removed in 2000. Then I got diagnosed with stomach ulcers which didn't really surprise me as it had been a full on 18 months since Aiden was born. I then really sat back and thought about focussing on trying to rebalance my life, my mind and my body. I've given up work to study full time this year to finish my law degree (which I have been doing PT since 1998!), we had to sell our house to do it but we are happy with the decision. So my life is feeling balanced and my mind is fairly positive but I still feel that I need to put some work into the body part. Subconsciously, worried that I might not get pregnant and stay pregnant unless I do something with my Chee!

plc - yep am in Melbourne in the West, please tell me your guy is somewhere near here!

However like Jodsan am interested in hearing more about accupuncture and how it can help. Have also been thinking about starting to go to someone.

Ohe yeah and I finally figured out how to link my chart, or I think so anyway! Knowing me I have copied the wrong thing!

Good luck ladies and lots of

Jodsan & berecca - hope the info below helps u in some way as I am in no way an expert. Also, just want to say that I feel that there is benefit in both western and eastern medicines so my position is somewhere on the fence with no single persuasion. I have written about my experience before so sorry if i am repeating bits. Basically, this acupuncturist operates in the city, in middle park and in noble park. I have seen him only in noble park and next week I'm seeing him in latrobe st for the 1st time. When I went 2 weeks ago for the 1st time he tested different points of my limbs (lower half of arms and legs) and he asked me to tell him when I experienced a sharp pain. The pain was an indicator of where my energies were blocked. Energies relate to each meridian (line) that travels through ur body basically from one end to the other and through organs in between. A blockage leads to weakness in that meridian. My spleen meridian indicated a weakness so did my kidneys and lungs. Where female reproduction is concerned the spleen and kidney meridians are important (prob other meridians too not sure) cos spleen relates to babies sticking once fertilised and kidneys relate to the quality of the egg and other things. So this guy has been working on my spleen and kidney meridians (and lungs but unrelated). Basically he said I got the endometriosis cos my system has been sluggish for the longest time and these blockages have meant "bad" blood circulating and therefore causing the lesions to form on my uterus. So he is also treating my body as a whole (other meridians I suppose) to promote circulation of "good" blood. So hopefully my endo doesn't come back and I can get pg too. He puts needles into my skin where the blockages are. He explained to me it's like when u cut ur finger and and the brain registers pain and promotes blood to that site so that the cut can be mended. So with acupuncture the blood comes rushing to the site of the needle and tries to unblock the blocked energies in the process. I have had a total of 3 sessions and the last session he used the moxa for the 1st time. Jodsan - given what u have described about ur health I think u would benefit (again I'm no expert). Whether there is one or two kidneys I don't know how that impacts the philosophy of TCM where energies are concerned. berecca - I am also in the west but my parents live in noble park so it is really handy to go there and leave DS with my folks. NP and city clinics are his residences and I think he works for someone at the middle park clinic, not sure, but he does treat IVF patients there and he said the success rate of IVF with acupuncture is 95% compared to 60% without. Let me know if ur interested and I'll pass on his details. Hope this has helped - if u have any further questions, am happy to help as much as I can and I'm sure there are some ladies in here who have knowledge on the topic too.

Default Another Visitor... MIL this time!

Ohhhh Tempus.... Laughing big time at the thought of a sperm swimming carnival..... Reddy Steady Gooooo... and they are ooof. The strong healthy sperm is off to a flying start... .OMG there are some sinking ones..... The 2 headed sperm is lagging behind.... watch out here comes the chinese herb accupuntured sperm... hes coming up from the back... its head to head tail to tail... its its its....... To be continued.

PLC... Birthday Buddy.... Ohhh laughed and laughed at your natrapaths session.... Laughed so much DH asked what I was laughing at.... which I then read it out to him and he looked at me strangely and had a little smile..... I swear somethimes he must think I m mad when I m reading everyone s posts.... Sometimes I m laughing and sometimes I "ohhh nooooo"

Nickster.... Come on.... time is up... you had your Dr appointment.... want the news girl.... good... bad... alright.... WHATEVER.

Jodsan.... Good luck hun..... My nana said to me once...... If your gunna have cancer girl (she was talking to me during my tests) .. your bowel is the best place to have it.... There are miles that can be removed and if they run out of stuff to remove they can take the whole lot out and you can get a little bag to carry around. My reply to her was.... Great... and then I can colour co ordinate my bags depending on what I m wearing..... It was the best thing anyone could have said to me... at the time I was beyond stressed because of what the Doctors were telling me.... she put it all into prospective for me. There is always a positive side. Sometimes it s really hard to find but its there. The other point is, there is always someone worse off than you are. So while I may have been distraught about the prospect of bowel cancer and years of annual operations to have it removed... I think now... thank God it wasnt bone cancer or something that would have been far more severe.

Katiegirl... Good luck with the new OB... Im still hoping for you thought that AF doesnt raise her ugly head

Canary..... huge amounts of If once a week someone on the 2ww gets a BFP then I can cope with it not being me. Good luck girl

Hi to everyone else I ve missed.... I m trying to cut down the size of my posts... sometimes the word NOVEL comes to mind.

As for me... not a heck of a lot happening.... Day 3 of my new cycle and already AF s visit is coming to an end. This whole quick cycle thing is blowing me away... 25 day cycle and AF for 3 days... 2 heavy one not.....

I do have MIL staying for a few nights this week so I ve been rushing around cleaning up everything.

I ve also finished my IVF scrapbook.... It ended up being over 50 pages so its taken a while. After MIL leaves I ll start on the next one which is one for each of my angels. I finished the one for DH for Valantines day. So other than that not a heck of a lot has happened.
    Last edited by Baby Angels; February 29th, 2008 at 09:49 PM.

Magda Guest

Hi Ladies,

I have alot of catching up to do, I have been busy with my daughter, so I won't get into personals.

But I wanted to answer Canary's question to be about when I was going to test. Canary, I tested yesterday and I am hoping that I just tested too soon, but I am sad. AF is due on Tuesday, I am eating alot and I am tired but my boobs don't feel tender, but with my last pg I didn't feel any tenderness in boobs until after I tested.

Anyways ladies I hope that you guys are doing well. I am going through really rough times with my daughter so I appologize for not really being here.

Magda - could be too early. My first pg I got a BFN am on 14dpo then retested pm same day and got BFP? You never know - don't give up hope **Hugs**

Jodsan - glad your GF is ok.

Bettyboop - wish the tables would turn and things would hurry up and start working out for you. **Hugs**

**Hugs** for everyone else too

I'm a little confused today - currently on cd 15 (usually 0 around day 17 - 18) so was planning to start serious bding tonight. Temp rose to
    36.26 yesterday which was normal for pre-O but today it was 36.51 which is not normal for pre-O. Saying that - I am feeling nauseous this morn from last nights dinner so I am hoping that I haven't O yet and temp is just high because I'm a bit off. I have never O before day 16 in my life?!?!? I figured if we have missed this month (bd on Wed night but think that would have been too early) then it was meant to be as am starting clomid next month. Will still try for this month - DH due home anytime now so might light some candles and put a bit of mood music on for his arrival. Little does he know it's his lucky day - he he he. Maybe we can catch this months egg (if it's flown).

Oh why is it all so confusing?!?!?!??!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Default Disappearing pregnancy symptoms

Hi all, 13dpo and boobs are less sore, less swollen and less lumpy. Still got the funny tingling sensations though getting less. I am now quite sure the pregnancy is going away. This has now happened three times over the past 6 months, plus the MC. Are these missed MC's or could I have a hormone imbalance causing my body to develop pregnancy symptoms without a pregnancy? I only ever get slight PMS so it is really quite distinct. My boobs grow a cup size and the milkducts get lumpy and tingly like when milk comes in, then it all goes away and AF shows up, which I now firmly believe will occur on Monday. Has anybody had this, am I going mad, should I see a doctor (I dont actually have a dr at the moment)?

BTW plc1805 - thanks so much for that. I would be interested in getting the name of the acupuncturist.

plc - Would like the name of the accupuncturist too if that is cool, if it doesn't happen this month am definently going to try some eastern therapies!

Jodsan - some women have all sorts of pg symptoms just due to hormone increases in their cycles. That's why early pg symptoms are so hard to interpret, as they could easily be the indicator AF is on her way.

As for me had argument with DH today, wanted to tell him that if we fall in this month I would be due 25th Dec and so not too fussed if it doesn't happen this month, and he starting yelling at me and saying TTC is all I talk about, and kids, and that I am putting myself under too much pressure, and I should just let it happen, etc. OK now some of the things he said are probably true, and before m/c I wasn't so focussed, but as I said to him he just doesn't understand. I have to cope with EVERYONE around me at work, home, friends, etc talking about their kids, or being pregnant, or trying. My sister has a son who everyone raves about, all my gf bar 1 are TTC and so are many ladies at work, plus by bestfriend is 4 mths pg. I am finding that hard. However after the tears and yelling was over I think we have come to a better place and a better understanding. I can't remember who it was on here (or perhaps 2WW forum) who said DH was whinging about all the B'Ding and my DH is the same. I told him I think about and do so much cause I feel it is all on me and I am not getting the support I need from him, even though he is desperate for kids too! He has now promised to do it when, where, how, why, etc when I tell him to, so I feel better and that we are both making an effort at TTC now. I am feeling pretty goo at the moment due to it all happening, so just like tempus I got it all out and it may help!

hi berecca

sounds like your DH and mine are related....so similar!Mine is the one who is whinging about all the BD'ing and goes mental if i mention anything to do with TTC but it is completely ok for him to talk about how much he wants a baby, such a double standard! i had a big go at him on friday because he was harping on again about how i just have to relax and let it happen naturally (GRRR!!!) and i felt a lot better but at the same time i realise he just can't understand because he is a guy...

anyway we have made a little bit of progress- i am at the point now where i don't have to hide from him when i take my temp every morning so guess that is something!

pbstar - am convinced we are married to the same man

They are exactly same comments I get from my DH, do they have some sort of guy manual about how not to get what a woman is going through

I just thank God that there are women on here that get me and that I can talk to about all of this. So thanx gyus for everything

everyone! Have just read through the mountain of posts and it's a real mixture xx HUGE hugs for TM, Magda, Katie, Berecca, Pbstar, Bettyb, Jodsan- hope the tide turns for you all ASAP xx

Angel,Canary, Ajc and plc1805 keeping all things positive and happy for you xx

Well, I've been laid low with a full blown cold- it wasn't flu but left me completely wiped out this week. Work was so busy that I just crashed into bed early every night. Feeling tired still, but all other symptoms have finally lifted so I'm feeling human again.
    Doctor's appt to confirm BFP was rather disappointing. He seemed very surprised that I'm pg 'so soon' and calculates dates for Oct 21st. No bloods, no tests done- told to come back in 4 weeks time....and that was it. i enquired about how things should be after the m/c and he just said that I'm no more at risk than I was before and to treta this as 'normal'. He didn't understand my anxieties at all so I just left. Oh well, will just sit and hope for the best with this one,

Waist is expanding, and Boobs feeling tender so at least I've got symptoms and not feeling like I'm going completely mad!
    Can;t remember who it was who BFN on day 12- and was equally disappointed but it happened to me and I only thought to test again a week later cos af hadn't shown...it was BFP so I definitely must have tested too early.

for you all xxxxxxxxxx

Default Nickster

Sorry you ve been feeling under the weather but happy your Doctor has confirmed everything........ You may however want to change your 'ticker' your not cycle daying anymore girl....... I m glad your waist is explaning... mine is too.... and I m the one with the BFN........LOL

I do feel sorry for whatever Dr I end up going with this time. I think he/she will have their work cut out for them. I can see me walking in and saying... right... for the first 6 weeks I want bloods every 3rd day. I want to see those HCG levels raise (my HCG didnt raise enough with my angels, that s how they new I was going to miscarry).... I will be putting my foot down big time.... Maybe I should start the first appointment with them with.... I m going to be an absolute pain in the butt.... sooo get ready for 9 months of hell......LOL

heh I'll be exactly the same Angel, luckily I've been seeing my doc for years so I'm comfortable enough to show her my neurotic side.
    Also unless I'm as sick as a bloody dog with m/s for 6 mths I won't feel conpletely right, that's what I was like with DD and although I know every pg is different, you go by what you know don't you...

Nothing much else to report here. lots of time to think and think so, and have come to realise I am totally smitten with my DP and made all the right decisions in completely changing my life to be with him.
    Time out to think has been good, spending time with the X has really confirmed why I left almost a year ago now.
    Feeling really good about the direction I am heading, just need to be more patient with myself and let go. I find it really hard to be completely open with my DP, something I am really trying to work on but finding really difficult with him.
    Really can't wait to TTC I'll be heading to the docs as soon as I get home to see what she thinks and probably do things right this time no "accidents", best start taking vitamins, I don't want to do anything that I would blame myself for if the next pg ends the same way IYKWIM.

Nickster glad you're feeling better, look after yourself!! Make sure you have some cake that always works!

Good Luck and Hiya to everyone, hope your travelling well.

..Laura

AF is definately on the way, pretty sure I will see her tomorrow morning. Went to the Doc about the bizarre booby symptoms and she thinks I have just developed some bad PMS. I can't complain, never had it before. Need to cut back on caffeine and get back to the gym apparently. Having a breast scan in a week or so just to make sure but she didn't seem concerned at all.

Laura - it really does take some time to move on properly from your ex, it's amazing how much they influence your life and decisionmaking and probably even the person you are at that time. I was with my ex for 9 years and it ended with him cheating so the first couple of years with Michael were really trying. It's hard to trust again and it's hard to get used to a new partner but the decision I made to leave was the best decision I have ever made and as time goes on, it becomes clearer and clearer. Now 4.5 years later and I couldn't be happier. You will learn to let go little bit at a time, it's pat of the fun of it. Just try to enjoy the journey!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast