Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February 08 #2

big congrats Katiegirl, wishing you all the very best!!

Well I'm home finally and getting stuck into studying, ick!! Alas no time for excerise today with study and a 3 yr old to keep entertained. Such a sad state of affairs lol I am so really very heartbroken as I am sure you can all tell

Well i got what I thought was AF yesterday at the 27 day mark, but it turned out to only be some light spotting as today I have nothing. That never happens to me so I am not sure what my body is doing, very frustrating. See what happens over the next few days I guess, I am usually 28 days like clockwork, I wouldn't be pg as DP and I have been using condoms while I await the results of my blood tests to make sure we have the thumbs up. Unless a couple got away but I doubt it. Heart attack city if they did lol.

Could also just be my hormones re adjusting as this would only be the second AF since m/c.

All very frustrating!!

Howdy to everyone, Good Luck to all this month!!

....Laura

Magda Guest

Hi ladies,

I have not been on for a couple of days and you girls have been very busy here, it has taken me a while to read everything.

Katiegirl: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you.
    NicksterUK: Believe me I can imagine what you and Katiegirl and Starrysky: are going through, I know that I will be feeling the same way WHEN I get a BFP. I am already thinking about the fact that everyday I will be wondering if everything is ok with the baby. And I just realized yesterday that on top of dealing with the emotions of just having a m/c I am 41 years old so I will be worrying about other things that can go wrong because of my age. What I am trying to say is girls try to relax and enjoy your pgs. I can feel that everything is going to be fine with all of you and your little ones. But please stay with us we all love hearing from you guys you give us hope.

PBStar, Angel Babies and Jodsan, I too have been putting on weight, I am eating everything in sight. Now you have to understand I am not a big eater, but then again I used to smoke a pack a day and quit in October. I weighed myself and I was shocked to see that I have to lose 20 pounds.

PBStar, Thanks for the CalorieKing.com I am going to check it out, and congratulations on losing weight. And no you did not cause the m/c because of a few drinks, I totally agree with Canary on that.

Angel Babies and Jodsan, you girls inspired be to get to some excersizing.

Jodsan sorry to hear about your GF.

Tempus, I am sorry AF came, I know March will be our month.

Tina_k, I know you got a BFN but AF has not come yet so it is not over.

I got my AF on monday, I was really hoping to have a November baby but when I found out about the mc in Dec and I was planning TTC again I figured it would happen in March so hopefully I predit correctly. Anyways I can't remember who said that they did not want a Dec baby, it really isn't so bad my son was born on Dec 25th and he still gets 2 gifts, I just had his birtday party 3 weeks ago. So hopefully I will have another December baby.

Hello to anyone I have missed.

Hi all 0- once again thank you for your lovely messages of support.

I am driving myself insane! I have just gotten back from the GP - and the test is definitely positive. She did warn me though that mcs are common - so of course I am now freaking out. I also had my blood taken but won't get the results until Tuesday. She told me that if i feel I need some peace of mind, to do another preg test with FMU tomorrow - if it as dark as yesterday's than I can relax. So I went directly and bought 2 tests! No stopping me. I am just one big ball of overwrought anxiety. I need to relax - breathe in, breathe out.

Magda - fingers crossed that March is your month. I have 3 nieces and nephews with Dec birthdays - I think you are correct - all it takes is ensuring their birthday is kept seperate to the other days.

I hope we get some more BFPs to join me, Starrysky and Nickster - I need someone to be neurotic with me.

I hope we get some more BFPs to join me, Starrysky and Nickster - I need someone to be neurotic with me.
    I'll tentatively join you. Got a this afternoon and now I am making myself sick with worry.

What if I get my hopes up again and have them dashed again? I don't know if I am strong enough to deal with that again just yet.

OH suggested 'putting out of my mind for a week' - yeah right!!! - and testing again next Friday. Which I will do - the testing, not the putting it out of my mind bit.

So, here I am, head-cased and excited and nervous and worried and sad and happy and confused and petrified....

wow brockstar great news

Hi Brockster -that is wonderful news. We can worry and obsess together. I hope all goes well this week and you get a lovely BFP next week.

My ob called to say that all but 1 of my tests have come back and they are all negative -so that is one less thing to worry about.

I am going to have a mantra for the baby - simple and short - 'You are coming home with me'. I can imagine myself saying that a million times over the coming weeks.

Thanks ladies.

I guess a big worry I have now is people saying 'oh gee, that didn't take long'.

When really, it's no one's business but ours as to how long we waited or how long it took to fall again. For me, this is a POSITIVE thing. I've had too much negativity in my life recently, so something positive is a GOOD thing. It doesn't mean that I am hurting any less from my m/c, it just means that we are healthily moving forward and not dwelling on what could've or should've been...

And I know that you all wouldn't say that, because we are all in the same boat and you all know the emotions that run.

Congrats Brockstar

Katiegirl and Brockstar- YAY!!!! I am thrilled for you- welcome to the 'every twinge is a panic' neurotic 9 month gang! I had a lump in my throat when I read your posts xx for you both, and me too!

My mother rang to say my sister had a baby girl early this morning- Labour lasted 45 mins so she only just made it to the hospital! I am so relieved that I have BFP now cos I know today would be hard for me otherwisw, IYKWIM?

Anyway, I am quiet serene (spaced out more like) and chilled today and decided to take the morning off work to see GP and try to settle my nerves/anxieties a bit. DH says to be assertive (which I normally am, so he can't understand why Ive not stamped my feet a bit more- neither can I). Maybe I just know that no matter how many tests are done, or scans etc if something's going to happen there is nothing I can do about it. Still, I'll see what GP says and take it from there.

Throwing TONNES of over you all- get lucky soon! ;-) xxx

So whilst I'm sitting here in la-la land, can someone help?

I haven't had a period since my m/c 2.2.08 (5 weeks ago). OB said I O'd around 22nd Feb. And today the BFP.

So... how would I calculate my due date? I know this is getting ahead of myself a little, but how does this work?

hello ladies!!

katiegirl - huge belated congrats on ur fantastic news - well done and well deserved!!!! look after your mind, spirit and bod now....sending you positive positive vibes to get u thru these coming months.
    brockstar - congrats too hun - so very pleased for you! of course you are experiencing all of those feelings - I know I would be - just take it one day at a time, keep rubbing that belly and keep positive thoughts and tell urself that u deserve this blessing.
    Nickster and Starrysky - you are both in my thoughts and I am wishing you all the best for continued health and happiness!
    Magda - hey hun! glad to hear you sound more up-beat! you know, after my m/c in jan 07 we deliberately avoided (or didn't try as much to)TTC in march for fear of a Dec baby. but after subsequent m/c and TTC for the longest of time, a Dec baby doesn't matter so much. having said that, have to wait til April to TTC anyway. amazing how your mind changes on these matters. I have to say ur son is very special to be born on such a well-recognised day.
    ll80 - it would be kind of cool if you got the go ahead to TTC and managed to conceive underneath the radar (wayward sperm) in the meantime. If not, I'm hoping it happens for you very soon....
    Angel babies (bday buddy) - well done on your gym work outs - hopefully your motivation will rub off on me. keep up the great work!
    tina - hun - am so sorry about your bfn!!! I am that you will be blessed very soon! keep strong!
    jodsan - my prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time - hugs hun!!
    betty - hun, when I want to say something to you, I feel I never find the right words to say how I hope things will turn around for you....
    canary, AJC, pbstar, tempus, berecca and the lovely ladies I have missed - hello, hugs, happiness to you all. I'm sure we can still muster up some cyber cakes to have while we are taking breaks from gyms - cyber or real

brockstar - similar thing happened to me and my OBGYN suggested an early u/s to determine the weeks.

Magda Guest

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well today. I just wanted to quickly ask a question, I have to go get showered and dressed.

Brockstar: CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you. And you know what who cares what people think, people are not going through what you are. You know I am going to go through that with my family but I don't care want they think.

Anyways, last night I went on FF and imputed my temps for the last week. This is the first month that I have imputed my temps, although I took my temps in January I did not imput it into FF big mistake because apparently I had my dates all wrong I actually just ovulated last Tues. a week later than I thought I did and I did not BD then. No wonder I did not become pg. So this is my question can you ovulated just 5 days before AF arrives?, because that what happened to me.

So in march I am forecasted to o on cd22. I always thought I o'd between 12 and 17.

But this month I am going to bd around cd14 and cd22 to cover my basis.

So I am actually feeling excited.

Have a great day.

Unhappy

Brockstar- congratultions!

Katie- Sorry I put the wrong name on my last post- hope you can forgive me?

AngelB- You always know what to say! You really cheered me up today.
    I got another BFN this morning and although I kinda knew it was going to happen, I still felt sad. I rode to work on my bike and passed a young mum with a toddler. When I got to work, I found myself in tears in the ladies. Must be because AF is on her way. I thought that I was making a good emotional recovery since the m/c, but this BFN has unexpectedly stirred things up. I am felling much better now, though, after reading all of your posts and seeing Brockstar's BFP in there.

I also have some great plans for TTC this month and I'm glad to see that you share my optomism about the month of March, Magda. I dont know for certain, but I understood that the luteal phase (ie between O and AF) is usually the bit of your cycle that tends to stick to 14 days. It could be because of your m/c disrupting your cycle, but they should go back to normal within two months. HTH.

Sorry to be in a bit of a low mood today, ladies. I'll be my usual self next time.
    C

brockstar - similar thing happened to me and my OBGYN suggested an early u/s to determine the weeks.
    When I had my post-op check up, OB did say he wanted to see me at 7 weeks, so I am just pin pointing that I o'd around 22nd, so in theory, that makes me about 4 weeks 1 day. I'll make the dreaded phone call this week and make an appt with him (last time I made the early call we suffered the m/c), so I'm a little apprehensive about it all! Will keep you all updated.

Hang in there girls, positive thoughts from everyone for everyone. March is the month! Go forth and multiply!!

Katiegirl and Brockstar - Good luck ladies and hoping to join you soon

Just a quick question as I have weekend school today and I really need to hop in the shower!

I am now 4 DPO and today I had a temp drop of 0.1 which put me under the coverline. I know it can't be ovulation (well hopefully not as wouldn't that mean it would probably be ectopic????) so not sure what it is. If you wanna check out my chart and let me know that would be great! Cheers

wow you girls have been busy!

firstly brockstar congrats on the awesome news! very happy for you and like everyone else has said please try not to stress too much and let yourself enjoy this pregnancy.

canary and katiegirl- thank you for being stern with me about the drinking thing, i know you are right...i guess because there are so few things in this whole process that i can control i am somewhat obsessive about controlling the things i can...need a reminder every now and then that i am human...thanks also to tempus and magda for your support

well it feels like we are having a little run of BFP's this week- let's keep it up and keep them coming girls!

Hello Ladies

Yet again it has been awile since i have posted but i have been reading everyone's thoughts just about everyday. It is just by the time i get through all the posts i have to get off the net and don't get a chance to say hello. I just want everyone to knoe that i have been thinking about them and sending lots of positive vibes
    Congrats to all the BFP's that is great news and it helps lift my spirits and keeps me on a positive tracking knowing that it could happen to me hopefully soon.
    My news: i did a test on Thursday as AF had not arrived and usually it is on time plus my temps had been slowly creeping up over the pervious few days but it came out a . This actually made me upset as i had really hoped that it would happen this month but yet again no. Anyway my AF still hadn't arrived and i thought maybe i had tested to early, but no again i woke this morning to find AF has decided to visit unfortunately. I was really hoping this month would be the one as my father is going into treatment this week for cancer and i was hoping that little bit of good news will help him deal with it. But my thoughts now are that i will hopefuly have great news for him when he comes out of treatment in 7 weeks. What a nice surprise that would be to find out you are going to be a poppy again when he gets home. keeping my fingers crossed for that:
    Well lots of to all our BFP friends and lots of for everyone else Here's to a fertile March.

Quick Question: I read ona site that if you are trying for a girl that you new to BD everyday except for when you are Oing. Do you know if this works as i don't think i can carry boys so i thought i would try and eliminate falling with a boy and trying for a girl..................
    Hugs and Best luck to you all
    Trac

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast