Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Late Loss, Still Birth or Recurrent Miscarriage June '08 #2

Hi all,

I know how you feel about people being blase about their babies, the thing that makes my blood boil are the horrible stories of neglect you see. If you don't want your child then give to someone who'll love them, there are so many.

Anyway, I did a ton more HPTs just for the fun of it, all + (though some are better than others!!) and seem to be getting darker. I'm taking this as a good sign!!! I'm seeing the immunologist tomorrow as he said he wanted to see me when I got pregnant. Tomorrow AF would have been due so I think it's official as of then!!! The parents are visiting tomorrow so I'll share the good news.

Jo, I hope you get the reassurance you need, it does sound like it will be ok to me though, qualified medical professional that I am !!!!

Rozzie

Thanks, Jo -- I really have butterflies in my stomach. The spotting, which was so little but still very obvious, has totally disappeared now. So on the one hand I'm feeling a bit dumb for being so sure even before my period's supposed to arrive, but on the other hand, there seems to be no better explanation for me spotting 5 days before my period and then the spotting totally going away. Temp is still up, all other signs seem to be good. I'm trying to be a good girl and wait it out and not test too early, but the suspence is killing me! I'm all tingly and fuzzy inside and giggly. God, if it turns out to be BFN...

Finger and toes crossed for a BFP for you Tildy!

Jo, I wish your appt was sooner but maybe you can take some comfort from the fact that if they thought you're having trouble they'd rush you right in.

Sue, I go through phases of thinking that something I did might've killed my Hamish but my GP told me that she has had patients who took drugs, smoked and drank there way to viable babies. And I thought the same as you - why was my much loved, much wanted little baby taken from me while people like that are blessed with a living child?

I changed some setting on my chart and have got the cross-hair but I think it's in the wrong place. Not really worried as I'm not TTC for a few months yet.

Hi all. I totally understand your frustrations at people being blase about pregnancy. I was a lot more relaxed with Nathaniel - and my previous Ob was very relaxed (more than the norm). This time around I have been very strict as I just don't want to take any chances and then blame myself forever if anything happened to this baby. I know with Nathaniel, I would get people telling me that it was ok to drink a glass of wine etc. My friend even told me with admiration about her friend who was also preg who had the ideology that women have had babies for thousands of years and they didn't cut anything out - I had to bite my tongue not to say back that 'yes this is true but infant death was also much higher!'

This time around I have been very strict and thankfully not a single person has said anything to me. My sister did say that she ate processed meats etc, but she didn't go as far to criticise me for not. I think most understand that I am being extra cautious and respect that. To be honest if anyone commented rudely or tried to lecture me, I would snap!!! I have given up gluten (which I should anyway have I am intolerant), coffee, all cold meats, shellfish, alcohol etc and it works for me. Mind you I can't wait to splurge once I have this baby. My DH is always praising me for this as he sees me doing it for our baby.

Oh and I also was told by a friend that a women she knows from back where they live (i vaguely know this woman) is preg and openly smoking and if people comment she says that it is her right. Her husband is not even happy about it - I just don't understand how someone could be so selfish given all the research about the long term affects plus the heightened risk of SIDS. We are heading back for DH's brother's 21st and I really hope I don't see this woman as it would upset me too much. I am very strict about people not smoking around me, and once the baby is born I won't tolerate smoke around her either. DH lost 2 brothers to SIDS and we have both agreed that we won't be taking any chances with this precious baby.

Rant officially over!!! So yes I am on the same page as all of you - some people just don't get how precious babies are and how unfortunately it is to lose them.

Jo - glad to hear that you are getting some good direction from Monash. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling the movements - and yes enjoy them as they are special. I am going to pray very hard for this little bubba. I have often wondered how they work out what is considered 'small' - I was only 6lb when I was born and my mum says I was tiny - of course back then they didn't have scans so she never would have known anyway. I believe my DH was even smaller again.

Rozzie - glad to hear you a still getting nice lines on the HPTS. I did 8 before I was convinced - they are addictive. I am sure your parents will be thrilled with your news.

Tildy - i am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Do you think you will be able to hold out testing? I was anal and refused until AF was about 4 days late - I just didn't want to know about a chem preg or get a BFN. Let us know if you do decide to test early. Very exciting.

Simba - I am so jealous that you can see bub moving from the outside. My belly is huge but I have not yet seen the baby moving externally. DH is still yet to feel the kicks - everytime I put this hand on my stomach the baby goes quiet. We think she is cheeky!

Hi to all - off to bed.

How are you going Tildy? Any news???

Hi all
    Hope you are having a nice weekend, it is dull and cool here in sunny Brisbane!!
    Sue - I have to agree with you about it touching a nerve when people are so blase. But they surely have never been through the loss of a baby to understand their comments.
    We went to a work party last night and of course was asked the inevitable question of 'How many children do you have?' and 'When are you going to have another?'. I am really struggling with how to answer these questions, I feel like telling everyone about Cooper, but it just doesn't seem socially appropriate. I want to defend his little soul, and have him recognized as MY CHILD, but it is so hard.
    On the upside I am now 9dpo and have had some wicked cramping since 6dpo, which isn't normal for me, plus they had a hungi yesterday and the smell when the food came out nearly sent me hurling! But I was a little car sick from the trip so who knows?? It is my Bday on Tue, am thinking of doing a test but will only be 11dpo, will see what happens. What a great Bday if I got BFP!!

Fingers crossed for you Helen - a birthday surprise would be wonderfulll.

Well, guess what?

Or perhaps we should call it a LFP - a little, faint positive. We decided we wanted to test this morning, but we were at a wedding last night... 65 guests, 7 of them visibly pregnant, some of whom are aquaintances that I didn't know were pregnant, 2 more that I know are pregnant but aren't showing yet, 3 who were nursing... boy, was I ever on edge! Anyway, it was very warm yesterday so I drank a lot of water during the night. We got hom at 3:30 am and by the time my "take your temp!" alarm went off at 7 I had to pee quite badly. I tried to wait, and considered waiting until tomorrow so I could get more concentrated "material" to work with, but of course I couldn't wait.

And we got a very faint +! I wasn't surprised, of course, and it's a really cool feeling inside that I know my body well enough to have already known that I was pregnant. We said "let's jump for joy later; now we need sleep!" but of course, am I sleeping? No!

I want to take the other test in the 2-pack in a few days so I can see a nice, dark +!

BTW, god has a sense of humor: I've said since I was 10 years old that I wanted to have kids when I was 30. And of course, it looked like it was going to be that way until we lost our baby. Now I'm pregnant and due something like the first week of April -- I turn 31 the last week of March.

Wow Tildy, that is FANTASTIC!!!!!! I was just thinking I forgot to ask in my post. I am very excited for you.

Tildy, that's fantastic!!! Somehow I knew it, I was waiting for your BFP post!!! so not only are our dates exactly the same but we had exact same symptoms, how odd!!!

I'm reeaaaally happy for you both, looking forward to sharing this journey with you!!!

woohoo!!!

Tildy - that's fantastic news. Here is praying for a happy, healthy and speedy 9 months.

Hi to everyone else and hope you have all had lovely weekend.

Yays for Tildy and Rozzie. Stick little jellybean babies!

Is it your birthday tomorrow Helen? Oh we're very similar. I turned 32 on 7 Jul and our little boys were due the same day. How are you going? I feel like I collapsing from the inside out.

I had acupuncture on Sat and the therapist said she could hardly feel my pulse. She said that not only have I been running on reserve energy but I've drained all of that too, it's like "the plug has fallen out" from my energy. Freaky thought... and guess where she had to stick the needle to "plug" me back up? In the perineum! She said we didn't have to do it right then but I didn't like the sound of everything draining out of me so we did. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Just kind of stung.

I've felt crap all weekend, emotionally raw and physcially depleted. I feel that if I can hang on past August, things will finally shift for DH and I.

Belly rubs for Katie and Jo. Your tickers are keeping me hopeful.

Hi to everyone else.

Hammi the idea of that needle made me cross my legs! Good on you for doing things to help your health. Do you feel any different today? I haven't had acupuncture for years but used to get it done for my back and I loved it. I might think about doing some sessions later in this preg. Oh I am saying 'later in this preg' almost sounds like I am looking ahead and being positive! Hopefully the acupuncture and other stuff you are doing will help you get that BFP.

I really should do some work. Hi to all and sticky vibes to Tildy and Rozzie.

hey everyone!
    hope you all had good weekends!
    Mine was horribly stressful and i was'nt sleeping so it was'nt a good time. I wish my ultrasound was sooner so we know where everything was going for this baby, i am getting a little impatient and the nerves are getting the better of me.
    But i am happy to see some great news, it has def lifted my spirits!
    congrats to you tildy!

I love your little faint positive comment! we'll still take it!!!!! big congrats to you!!!!!
    rozzie - you doing ok????
    hammi - omg! that needle...sent shudders through me but i am glad you caved in bravely and did it! I'm not even scared of needles but i would def hesitate!lol! take care of yourself -your words about your weekend could have come straight out of my mouth! sending you loads of love and hugs!
    katie -hope you are still zooming along ok and you and dh are getting some wonderful bonding moments with your baby girls kicks (or at least the laughs are continuing at her games!) When is your next appointment and/or ultrasound?
    hgirs - happy birthday to you for tomorrow! i hope it is a wonderfull day for you! doing anything special? I won't get a chance to post tomorrow so wanted to get in and send the vibes out early!!!
    hope the rest of you are going ok! tm, sryan? thinking of you guys!
    x jo

Tildy - congratulations on your BFP Yippee I am so excited for you.

Helen firngers crossed for a fantastic birthday present for you also....

Well me - On my FF this morning, I have a possible Triphasic pattern, so I also have my fingers crossed.

xxx Sue xxx

Yipppeeee Tildy!!!!! Congratulations on your little bean!!!!
    Come and join the Pregnancy after stillbirth/recurrent miscarriage thread...

Now, let this be the first of many - I have my fingers crossed for more news in here really soon...

Hi all,

I'm doing well, still pregnant (I know because I have done a few more tests- can't help myself!! they keep getting darker so that's good).

Tildy- I'm still so excited for us both!!!

Jo- I hope time goes really fast until you can get the reassurance you need. Good luck

Hammi- wow that is brave. I hope you can rebuild your strength to help you deal with Hamish's due date. There are so many of us with EDDs in August so we'll all be going through it together.

Sue- your chart certainly does look triphasic, fingers crossed!!

Hgirs, happy Bday for tomorrow

Rozzie

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, I am hoping it will be a good one. Got a letter in the mail today (computer generated of course!) saying 'Happy Birthday, wishing you all the best for the year to come'. I bloody hope so! Couldn't get a lot worse than the last year!
    Hammi - You made me cringe! Good on you, I hope you get that energy back soon, can you feel it already? I am 31 tomorrow so just a year behind!
    Jo - I hope your OK, things will be fine.
    Sue - maybe it will be our turn next??
    Rozzie & Tildy - Baby dust to you.
    Katiegirl - That ticker is getting very impressive now!
    Hi to anyone I've missed

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast