Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Late Loss, Still Birth or Recurrent Miscarriage June '08 #2

Thanks, everyone, for your positive well-wishes.

Rozzie - I'm probably going to end up doing like you, lots of tests just to see that plus again. I took the second one today after a good night's sleep and got a nice dark one. to us both!

Helen and Sue - crossing my fingers for you both, so we can have a regular little baby boom here. And happy birthday, Helen!

Hammi - are you feeling properly plugged up? I think I would immediately get pretty alert after hearing them suggest that... "You're going to put it WHERE?" Seriously though, I hope in my heart for you to be able to regain some energy. I don't consider myself a person who has a "fast lane" or stressful life, but after our loss the counselor made me see that I needed to learn how to relax, actively. I may have spent lots of evenings on the couch watching TV, but my MIND was never at rest. So for a while I came home from work every day and lay in bed for about an hour with my eyes closed, listening to a CD of rain sounds and soft music. It made a big difference in my ability to feel refreshed.

Belly rubs to Jo and Katie as we watch their tickers race along. I think we're all hopeful about Jo's scans and will be glad when you see the positive results.

Thanks, Flowerchild, I think I will. Later today perhaps, when I feel the need to slack off a bit at work. I've already made myself a new ticker, because I'm feeling good about this one. Not like jumping up and down for joy or anything yet, because it's still sinking in, but just pretty calm and positive.

Helen

Wishing you a fantastic day.

xxx Sue xxx

Happy birthday Helen. I hope you have a lovely day and get very spoiled by everyone.

Hi all,

Think AF is on her way...... bugger

Temperature has dropped, starting to get cramps etc.

Though no spotting at this stage, I think it will be soon.

Well fingers crossed for next month.

xxx Sue xxx

Hi all
    Well.... Firstly, thanks again for all your Bday wishes, I have had a lovely day, with apparently more to come! Secondly, I had a rather dramatic drop in temp this morning, followed by some spotting this arvo, so looks like I have missed out this month.
    Sue there is still hope for you yet! Oh well I was telling myself all along that it would be better if a couple of cycles went by first, but can't help feeling a little sad. This was my only chance to fall before Cooper's Due date, alas not meant to be, my body obviously is not ready yet. So I am planning on letting my hair down a little tonight and not thinking about all this TTC business.

Hi Helen,

So glad you are having a lovely birthday. Have a good night and enjoy yourself.

So sorry that AF has started for you. I truly believe that your body knows when it is ready to conceive.

I really believe mine is on its way also, I know it is not over yet, but I just feel it....

xxx Sue xxx

Good morning everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

Well I have a strange one, my temperature went up this morning...... though I am spotting.

My dh was cuddling me this morning when I took my temperature... - I am wondering, as he was hot (temperature that is.. though he is he he he), that he caused my temperature to go up??

xxx Sue xxx

Hi Sue - I am not sure about the temp being affected. I know that air con and central heating can affect your temp so maybe cuddling can as well??? Hmmmm interesting. Do you normally spot before AF or does it just arrive? I had a temp drop on CD29 of my successful cycle and was certain AF was coming that day and then it went up the next day and stayed up. I will keep my fingers crossed that AF stays away for you!

Thank you Katie, I hope so too....

But I normally do spot about 4 days before AF arrives, but normally my temperature is dropping.

Very strange....

xxx Sue xxx

Sue -- according to FF you can have a one day temp drop because of implantation. You were 12 DPO yesterday so I don't think it's out of the question that it could be implantation. Not that I'm an expert on the charting after one month either, but that temp drop doesn't look so significant as long as it went back up again today. I don't want to get your hopes up as I'm sure there could be other explanations, but of course I hope that nature was teasing you a bit making you think AF was coming. Both last time and this time I was sure AF was coming because of spotting and cramping when I was actually pregnant.

I've been pretty calm, not all-consumed by thoughts of the baby or worry like last time. I don't know if it's because it's the second time now or if it's subconscious protection of myself. Last time I stayed home from work the whole week after the BFP and surfed IKEA's website for baby furniture. This time I'm like "Oh yeah, I'm pregnant" a few times a day. I have been reading up on chemical pregnancies though, in my usual style of pinpointing exactly what can go wrong at the stage I'm in. :P

I'm so sick of saying "last time I was pregnant" or some sort of big formulation in order to describe the pregnancy and the baby we lost. I've decided I need to give it a name, even if I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. I'll have to think about it for a while.
    Last edited by Tildy; July 30th, 2008 at 05:08 PM.

Hi all - well had my Ob appointment and all went well. The baby is measuring correct at 25 weeks, had a good heartbeat and my blood pressure was normal. I have my next appointment in 2 weeks and will have the GD test done at the same time. We also got a scan which I was most happy about - it has been a month since I last saw bub's!

Tildy - you sound like you are in a reallly positive frame of mind. I think it is a lovely idea to name your baby. We had named Nathaniel before we knew he was a boy - we were told there was no guarantee that they woudl be able to determine the sex but we had always thought he was a boy so went ahead with the name - and lucky for us we were right.

Sue, I'm crossing my fingers for a BFP for you!

Tildy, you sound like you've got your pessimism well in check! That's a great idea to name your bub. We called ours "Ham" as a pet name even before I got pregnant, and once I became pregnant, I just knew that he was a boy, and we were so attached to calling him "Ham" that we picked out 'Hamish' by the time he was 12wks. My "Hammi" name is actually for him, not for me. My own name is Lan.

Congrats Katie on another successful appointment. I wish the weeks would just fly so you can be in your third tri. I can't wait to read your birth story and hear your stories as a mummy because every time I read your updates, I'm hoping that one day they'll be my words.

I forgot when Jo's appt is - next week, right? I want to hear that everything is good with your bub too Jo. They'll be able to tell you if it's a boy or girl too by then.

Tiny belly rubs for Rozzie and Tildy.

Happy birthday for yesterday, Helen. I hope you did manage to let your hair down :-)

Hi all,

Katie congratulations on your scan. I am so happy for you that things are going so well. It must be so exciting seeing your little bubs on the ultrasound.

Tildy thank you so much for your advice.... I so hope you are right!!!! I will have to wait and see in a couple of days.... I know what you mean about trying not to get excited about being pregnant. If I am, I know I am going to be so scared, as my last 3 werent very successful. I also understand about naming your angels, I don't know whether mine where boys or girls, but they will always be in my heart as my little bubs.

Hammi - thank you so much and how are you going this cycle????

Jo - look forward to hearing from you soon and we all have our fingers crossed for you for you next appointment.

Rozzie - how are you going babe? Hoping everything is going well.

Helen - did AF arrive for you?????

and to anybody I missed, I hope you all are doing so well.

xxx Sue xxx

Hi all just a quick one, hope everyone is well. Big tummy rubs to all those pregnant bellies, starting to get a good collection going on in here!!
    Sue - Yes, AF did arrive, well and truly yesterday - Not happy, but looking forward to this cycle. By the way had a look at your chart and it kinda still looks pretty good! How are you feeling though, has the spotting stopped or got any worse?
    I think I am now officially in the 'should have been 38weeks today. I could have had Cooper at any moment...' mindframe. It really sucks, how are you coping Hammi? How is everyone with approaching EDD's?

Default hello everyone

Hello Ladies

I have to apologise as I've been reading your posts for a few days and have not had the courage to post one of my own. Sadly we lost our baby girl Charlie on June 14 at 23 wks and DH and I are now working through the decision about when to ttc again. We are thinking September which will be third cycle since we had Charlie.

As you all know the decision comes with such mixed emotions... part excitement, part sadness, part fear. I wish none of you had went through what you have, but i'm grateful that you have in that it has helped me feel that I'm not the only person in the world who is going through this.

I was wondering what it was for each of you that let you know you were ready to ttc again. Both DH and I feel like we are ready, even though at the time when we lost Charlie I did not think I would ever have the courage to get pregnant again. I went from that to needing desparately to be pregnant again but feeling like it was inappropriate and being too scared to tell anyone.

I have absolutely no concerns that I am trying to replace Charlie, she has her very own place in my heart and I think people who suggest you are trying to do that have no idea, but I do want that feeling of being pregnant back and hopefully the happy ending with a beautiful baby to take home.

I don't know if any of that makes sense but anyway... hi from me and thank you for all your support... even if you haven't been aware you've been giving it!!

Paula
    xox

Hi MrsRobbo - I am so sorry to read about the loss of your baby girl Charlie. I am glad you have found your way here as you will find plenty of support and comfort. It is a sad fact that we are all hear because we are walking similar paths. I hope you are doing okay and have plenty of support. There is nothing more heartbreaking or lonely than losing a much wanted baby.

We knew straight away that we would want to TTC as soon as possible. I was told to wait 1 cycle (we lost Nathaniel in Dec and I had a D&C) and my then Ob said that my body would not allow me to fall preg until it was ready. We then started TTCing properly in Jan and fell preg in Feb. I am now 26 weeks. I think because Nathaniel was our first baby we felt the desperate need to try again to help with the grieving process. This baby I am now carrying will never replace Nathaniel, but it has helped to ease my pain a little. At the time I honestly felt that it would be forever before I got have another baby but time is thankfully moving forward

Take care
    Last edited by Katiegirl; August 1st, 2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: changed last sentence to make more sense!

Hi Paula,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

When I first learned we had lost our son I wondered how I'd ever be able to handle pregnancy again, but within a few hours we had decided we wanted to try again as soon as possible. We had tried for a year to get pregnant and it felt like we'd already waited too long and didn't want to wait any longer. Plus, I was like you in that I really wanted to be pregnant again. The other thing is we want a largish family so didn't want to put it off too long.

My cycle was a bit odd for a while, I thought AF had returned after 7 weeks but it was very light, then only 2 and 1/2 weeks later I had a proper one. We got pregnant on that cycle fortunately.

I think that because your loss is still so recent, you have plenty of time to decide when it feels right for you, so my advice is just to concentrate on feeling your loss, healing together and trying to take care of yourself physically so that when you do feel ready you'll be in good shape. I found a walk every day very therapeutic, even if I cried during it!

Good luck,

Rozzie

Good morning all,

Hope everyone is going well today.

Helen - Bugger about AF arriving . Well fingers crossed for next month. What did you end up getting up to on your birthday night??? Thinking of you about the 38 week mark. I can not fully comprehend what you are feeling, but will be thinking of you.

Paula - to our group. I am so sorry to hear about your little angel Charlie. I have only had losses before 12 weeks and that is hard enough!!! Big hugs and I look forward to getting to know you.

Tildy, Rozzie & Katie - how are you all feeling? Any symptoms??? A big hello to you all and belly rubs.

Lan - hello and how are you going?? whats your progress???

Well for me, I havent tested yet. Absolutely too scared to.... feel like I am still getting AF and I still do have spotting - hasnt increased. I am scared as with previous pregnancies I didnt spot, unless I lost. So I think this is started to be a bad omen and I don't want to know if I have lost again.... though this has happened once before and my tests where negative and my cycle just went haywire......

xxx Sue xxx

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast