Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the 1st Trimester March 2007

Default TTC after Stillbirth/Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the 1st Trimester March 2007

If you have found yourself in this forum you no doubt have had a painful journey. TTC after recurrent miscarriage/stillbirth or Late Loss takes special courage and support. The aim of this forum is to provide a place where women who have endured loss can share their stories, friendships, treatments and triumphs!

My greatest wish is that you all leave this forum with nice big fat positives in the shortest possible time!!!

If at any time you'd like to make a suggestion, complaint or provide any feedback for this forum, please contact one of your following moderators

Flowerchild ~ [email protected]
    Tiggy - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected] Admin

or alternately you may contact Kelly at [email protected] (however she may take a little longer to respond at times!).

We appreciate all your feedback as it does help to make our forums a much happier, relaxed place to chat! We will always take your comments seriously - all comments are treated confidentially...

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.

Hi everyone,
    Catch up on the last thread HERE

Wow a new thread already, it seems like only a week ago the other one was started. There are not many of us in this thread but geez we can certainly fill it up
    And I am sure I hold no responsibilty in that LOL

Hey everyone,

Nat - how are you and the family? I have been thinking of you.

Spring - how is lil' Spring treating you? Not long now and you will be able to share your exciting news with your family. The MIL is a tough one - any decisions yet?

Deb - I'm so glad that your eggies held on. Now I am sending you vibes.

Bailey - when's your 'wedding'? Are you buying a new dress or anything?

Mel - thanks for the chat yesterday. I really needed it.When I got off the phone, DH said 'who have you been flapping your gums to' (charming isn't he!) I said it was you and he asked how long we had been talking for because he was trying to ring. I said 'oh about 4 hours'. My mum also rang last night and said that she had been trying to ring. But when I told her I was on the phone to you, she said as long as it helps it doesn't matter how long you talk for - exactly!! Your hourly rate is cheaper than my counsellor and you can respond! Hope you are ok today - thinking of you :hugs:

Well yesterday was a tough day for me. We had the flowers on Cooper's coffin preserved and framed. I went and picked them up and I guess it was harder than I thought. It brought back alot of memories from 'that' day. I am glad that I have them though, another thing in his memory.

Today I went to my friends place because her 2 year old has been asking for me. DH was there on Friday and she kept asking DH where's Lynnie. It was nice to see her again as I haven't seen her since I had Cooper. I didn't find it hard so that was good. Today's a good day which is a nice change........

It's very quiet here today, maybe you will be around later.

Hi ladies,

Dream: hey sweetie, I hope today was a kind day to you. Big :hugs: to you and your fam.

Lynn: I am sorry that yesterday was so tough but I am glad to hear that today was better for you. It must have been really hard collecting the flowers, but you are brave for doing it. They must be beautiful, another touching reminder of your sweet little son.

Mel: Hey babe, how is the week treating you? Have you got any more work from the agency. It must be hard to balance all of the offers of work but I am sure you will do what is best. Just say no if you don't want to go. You deserve a bit of down time to just relax. Did you ever end up getting the mobile phone saga sorted? Hope you are ok honey.

Flowerchild I know that DH got back today so glad to see that you are not in here and enjoying time with that wonderful hubby of yours. Sending you all the c'mon eggie and vibes I can muster.

Bailey: Not long now until the big day. Ooohh how exciting. As Lynn said what are you going to wear? I love weddings no matter how big or small so if you need a hand with anything, just let me know.

Well I have had a bit of a blah day. Nothing specific upset me, well no more than usual. Just feeling a bit down. Doesn't help that the stupid saving babies ad for tonights show is about a baby boy called Harrison. I saw the ad while watching Biggest Loser, I guess it just really upset me.

Anyway, going to have a long hot shower (sorry water restrictions) and off to bed.

Luv Spring

Hi everyone,

Dream - How are you and your family today? I hope you are all doing ok

Flowerchild - Yay on the eggie's behaving themselves. I hope you have a nice day in bed tomorrow

Lynn - I am glad to hear that you are feeling better today. My aunt dried some of the roses from Asha's funeral too, and I find them sad to look at, but I am happy that I have them, as it isnother thing that I have of her. As for my 'wedding' well, I would hardly call it that, but it is next friday. I'm not going to buy a dress or anything, I'll just drag something out of the cupboard, lol, i told you this is the [email protected] wedding of the year.

Spring - That is a good idea that you an DH are going to tell the family together, I am so excited for you. It's good in a way that you are interstate so that you can hide your belly for longer. Keep in mind though that you will probably show a lot quicker this time. Well, that's what they say anyway. When are you going to tell work? Thanks for the offer on helping with my 'wedding of the year', but seriously, we are going to the registry, getting it over and done with and then maybe, if he's lucky, i'll let him take me out to dinner. I'm such a romantic aren't I? Actually that all sounds really bad, I don't mean it to, I am happy about being married, I just don't enjoy the fuss.

Mel - I have been admiring your ticker again, and it looks like you are in the Big O area. Is that right? I hope you are getting down to business then. March is the month for us all I think.

to everyone, and I will come back later.

Hey Spring,

Sorry your feeling a bit flat today, if you need anything, you know I am here I can understand why seeing the ad upset you a little, I get a little sad just hearing the name Nicholas sometimes, you know when you are in the shopping centre or something and you hear someone calling their child... and lets face it, there are quite a Nicholas' out there is not an uncommon name really! I hope the long hot shower helped a little, I am guilty of quite a few long hot showers myself so dont feel too bad.

I did end up buying a phone, I bought an LG Chocolate phone - its pretty cool, touch buttons like at the ATM. And actually I took an assignment today doing audiotyping for a pathology company which is perfect (no customer relations, lets face it people are very rude and I can do without) and exactly what I was looking for. It starts Monday and goes through until 18th May so it gives me guaranteed work for a couple of months. Not enough time to become too friendly with people but enough time to give me a little stability for a while iykwim.

Anyway, I hope your night gets a little better - choccie always helps as you know Is DH home this weekend? Oh and 13 weeks tomorrow YAY! But hey who's counting?

Have a good night sleep.

Love Mel

I am such a bimbo sometimes, I was gonna write to everyone else too and just hit submit - nice one!

Lynn - No need to thank me, thats what friends are for :hugs: And your mum is right, if it helps what does it matter. My psych was costing me $265 for 45 mins and I didnt feel anywhere near as good as you and Spring make me feel after a phone chat I am glad you had a better day today, how cute is it that the little 2 year old has been asking for you? Certainly cant hurt the ego! I can imagine how hard it was picking up the flowers, these things are really hard to do arent they. I think in the long run it will help you to have such beautiful memories of Cooper though, and I bet he is really proud of his Mummy.

Nat - :hugs: to you and your family, I hope everyone is doing ok under the circumstances. Take care of yourself.

Deb - vibes coming your way!

Hi to everyone else - Bailey, Michelle, Clare (havent heard how your going in a while), and anyone I have missed.

DH went to dr tonight and his shoulder is fine and probably just a torn muscle and the lesion he had removed is innocent so thats a weight off our minds - finally something positive!

Mel

Oh hi Bailey, sorry I missed your post before...

You totally have the same attitude I had when I got married, in the end I bought a formal dress but it was nothing at all like a brides dress and I more did it because everyone thought I should - not that I am complaining cause I had a nice day. The best bit was seeing DH in a suit, I LOVE a man in a suit its very sexy! But also everyone was expecting me to get really excited about it and while I was happy to be marrying DH deep down I was still sad, sad that it took us losing Nicholas to see that it was what we wanted and also sad because our child couldnt be their with us. And, really as much as it is a good thing to happen I would give it all back and "live in sin" if it meant we could have him. I dont know if that is how you feel, but that is where my head was at. But like I said I still had a nice day, and a great holiday afterwards. Yours will be special cause you are the bride

Oh and yes it is O time, DH has been reminding me all day that tonight is the 1st TTC night And if I remember correctly, you are around abouts at the stage arent you? I so hope March is the month for all of us - what a fantastic month if we had 4 You, Lynn, Deb and I... but I will just cause I dont wanna jinx us!

Mel - Well what on earth are you doing here woman?? Get in there and make babies!!
    Yeah, I am roughly the same as you, but my cycles are longer so really I will O next week, but I ain't taking any chances, so we are just gonna 'go to town' all week til DP goes away on the 26th. Then I will know that we gave it our best shot, Hopefully I will have morning sickness on my honeymoon.
    I know what you mean, we always said we will get married but it was just never that important, and now it feels like it is. But it will be a happy/sad day, I guess like any event, you are there having a good time, then it hit's you that someone, a very important little someone is not there. That is the hard part. That's when I sit there and say to myself, why did this happen to me? This doesn't happen to us, this is something that you hear about happening to people that you don't know, but not us.
    Oh well. Your dress is really nice, you guys really look happy in your photo.
    I really hope we all stage a mass exodus of the TTC thread and all invade the Pregnant one by next month. Oh and hey, congrats on the job, that's great! Now go and get BD'ing! Lotsa for you this week!

LOL - DH is working tonight, at home on his laptop, and has a deadline so says he will pack up at 10.30! He better, I havent been sleeping too well so I am not staying up all night... ok well the want to get pregnant is enough to make me stay up all night if I have to but I wont tell him that.

We were happy in our photos, although my sister kept telling me off saying I had a fake smile on - but you know after a while your like "just take the darn photo"! I remember Nicholas was on my mind the whole day though, and on DHs as well. Every one was asking at work and everything leading up to the day am I excited and I was kinda like yeah I guess and they all said oh well dont act too excited. Basically, I understand what your saying - you are happy but its bittersweet. Just like alot of things will be for all of us in life, including our next bubs.

Wow, your DH must be really upset that you have to (love that one) until he goes away - how will he cope? LOL. I hope you have morning sickness on your honeymoon too, and that we all go out in sympathy. Wow, if you think about it if we all had a mass exodus from this thread there would be noone here. I am sure there used to be more people in here but they seem to have disappeared.

Mel

Hey everyone,

Nat - you are such a strong woman. I am so glad that I have you around to support me :hugs: I hope you got some sleep last night. Take care, thinking of you.

Spring - Woo hoo - 13 weeks! How are you feeling? I bet you can't wait for DH to come this weekend and show him all the photos of lil' Spring and that beautiful spine! I saw the ad for savings babies (which usually I walk away - I just can't watch it, even the ads) and I said to DH, I hope Spring didn't see that. It is hard to see or hear our babies names. Cooper is not common although I have seen it around here on peoples sigs. I hope you are feeling ok today.

Mel - that is excellent about the job. It will keep your mind busy and it sounds like it won't be a stressful job so that will help with your BFP this month! That would be great if we all got our BFP this month, although I am a little bit behind you guys because of my long cycle But I am that positive I have worked out my due date - call me crazy but hey I've got to get through the day somehow!

Bailey - LOL at your wedding plans! Sometimes I think a low key event is the way to go. I remember my sisters wedding last year - bridezilla!!!!! It would have been great if she had done what you are doing. It doesn't matter how you celebrate it as long as you are both happy. It is hard that everything we do, there is someone missing. They are in our hearts but they still feel like they are missing.

Deb - good to see that you aren't here, because that means you are busy! It must be great to have DH back for the company but also in time for

A non-eventful day for me today, dentist and cleaning the house - what fun! I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I know I shouldn't be looking forward to a BT (Spring you will think I am a nutcase!!!!) but I am looking forward to actually doing something positive to get me that BFP this month. They said that they will be able to ring me on Saturday lunchtime with the results and then we can work out how often I need to go in for a BT and u/s. I dnn't care how many holes I have in my arm as long as it works!!!!

I hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Luv & hugs
    Lynn
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Mel - are you doing opk's this month? I know you hate them

Hey all,

Its really quiet in here huh.

Lynn - I am not doing OPKs this month. Your right I do hate them, I think I really stressed myself out last month because they gave me all negs but I did actually O so I figure we will just (hehe) away and hope for the best. Plus I dont have any left and didnt order any online, and they ones in the shops are pretty expensive especially when they are not necessarily accurate. How was your quiet day today? Hope it was ok and your are feeling alright. Well done on the cleaning, I have lacked so much motivation this week. Being home for 2 weeks you would think my house would be spotless... but I am sorry to admit that I am a domestic dud! DH knew this before marrying me though LOL.

I spent the day at my sisters house and then went to pick DH from work. He is now on his way home from picking the kids up and I am going to try my hardest to be more patient with them so I am not the evil step mother that I was last weekend. I am just gonna do a quick tidy before they get here (have been slack this week!). Oh and good luck with BT tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Take care,

Mel
    Last edited by Mel1977; March 16th, 2007 at 07:55 PM.

Hey girls

Well I am fuming at the moment because our stinking tenants are the biggest pains in the behind and look like they are going to try to take us to the Residential Tribunal because we refuse to extend the cement under the clothesline. They are crazy, it is not their house!!!! They even hung up on our Real Estate Agent, HOW RUDE. I am just so angry but as DH said, they can do what they like, we are not budging and their lease is up in July so see you later... It just makes me angry but I know there are more important things in life to worry about so up theres..... They forget that I prosecute people for a living so if they want a fight, bring it on.

On a positive note, and as I try to stop fuming, I got the report with the risks from the ultrasound back today. Everything seems great. Chance of Trisomy 21 is 1:31963 and chance of Trisomy 13,18 is 1:17535. Can't complain with numbers like that.

DH is on his way and I have just walked in the door so I am going to try to get a shower in and tidy up a bit. Depending on how I go I'll pop in later for personals. I don't think I will call around the family tonight and tell them about Lil Spring because I am so angry that I don't want to spoil what should be an exciting time. You never know, I might calm down. I guess I should try and laught about it becuase obviously they are very pathetic people who have nothing better to do.

Big love
    Spring

Hey Spring,

Those people need to get a life... I wouldnt worry about it too much, I think its a lot of trouble to go to those lengths and for concrete I dont think they would win. I mean if the oven wasnt working and you refused to fix or something like that they would have a case. But over concrete? I lived in a unit once that didnt have any concrete and so we couldnt use the line in the winter months because it got muddy and actually our line is at the side of our house now and there is bark underneath it (we dont use it cause I am scared of spiders), I dont think there is actually anything "illegal" about it. Plus didnt they inspect the house before they moved in? If they didnt like it they should have kept looking! Dont let it ruin your weekend, DH is coming home, you have amazing news to tell your family and you are going to make them all so happy (whether that is tonight or tomorrow or whenever you choose) so forget those people. Like DH said, not a good way to get you to renew the lease huh! LOL

Have a nice shower and enjoy your night with DH and lil Spring, they are all that matters

Oh, and those results are fantastic - and a cause for celebration Yet another sign that everything is going to be just fine and you will be meeting lil Spring in 6 months or so

Hi gal's,

Lynn - Bridezilla I ain't! I think I could be every man's dream missus, don't want a big wedding, don't like flowers or wear jewellery AND i love the cricket! Lol. Hey, good luck with the bloods tomorrow, I know it is not fun, but it is one step closer to your BFP.

Spring - How stupid are your tennants? Have I missed something? Since when is it a sue-able offence to not have concrete under the clothes line? Send em up a pair of rubber boots each and tell them to get over themselves. And definetly do not let them bother you on your weekend with DH, especially the weekend where you get to tell the family your good news. Woo hoo on your test results too!!

Mel - Did you wait up last night? I gave DP last night off, but he ain't getting off so easy tonight. Lol. Hey, I don't really like the OPK's either, but where do you get them on line, cos in the chesmist they are about $25 for 7 and that is expensive for somethinkg that doesn't really work for me. But if they are cheaper online, maybe I will try them again.

Flowerchild - How did your egg's go?

Dream - How are you doing?

HI Bailey,

I get mine from a website that Spring put me onto... I think there is some rule about putting links to other websites so I will email it to you. I find them a little to expensive from the shop as well.

Speaking of Bridezillas - on Foxtel sometimes I watch that show called Bridezillas and I always say to DH "see how lucky you are" LOL

Mel

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast