... 91718192021 ...

thread: 10wks pg with twins need some advice

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Argon - Were your girls taken straight to NICU after the c-sec and how long until you could get out of bed to go and see them? At my classes they have said that "usually" you don't get up for 24hrs after a c-sec but i'm not waiting that long to see my babies!

xxBella

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi ladies,

Argon I hope your little one starts feeding properly I think that your theory sounds right it makes sence I hope she puts on a bit more weight. I had a little giggle when I read elbowing the other one in the face I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with the extra body attached to you it must look so cute. I am so uncomfortable at the moment esp my hips and back I also get alot of braxton hicks Im waking up 3-4 times at night to go to the toilet im lucky I have a bathroom in my room so I dont have to go far.

Bella I felt like I was so ready for it all to happen then to be told I have to wait another week was like a big slap in the face. BUT I am over it now another week in my tummy gives then a better chance and I know its for the best if the little one is doing ok in there. I am stil here with you at least for another week and a bit.
    Have you finished packing your hossy bag don't forget you camera and some spare batteries I for got mine when I had DD so annoying Take something for you to suck on as in jelly beans of barley sugar lollies during or after you deliver as you proberly wont want to eat anything big afterwards they helped me get abit of energy back afterwards.

AFM had my doppler scan today everythig looks good to me they are very active babies. My OB has told me I will be 34 weeks when my ceaserean is booked in I can go back to the private hospital if I wanted to, I think I will as the carparking is free and the nursery there is on the same floor as the maternity ward and your visitor can see the babies through the window where as at this hospital the nursery is locked behind doors and is on a different floor and the parking cost $12 for a day pass which will make it quite expensive when I have to visit them everyday when I leave.

Jan 2009

Oh - what a pain, but there are postives at least - with getting to transfer to the hospital you want. And here's hoping that at 34 weeks, you'll be home with them much sooner!

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Oh Azz you poor thing, you are being mucked about something rotten. It's hard to be cross about the triplets taking up the space though, after all they are here already and the best incubator for your babies is in your tum, fingers crossed they stay until the 13th.

Argon sounds like you are doing a fab job breast feeding your babies, I did bottle and breast for 3 weeks, until it was just too much, if they weren't feeding from me, I was expressing. It was exhausting, so just did less breast and more bottles towards the 3rd week, then just expressed until I dried up. For me bottle feeding is easier especially having a 5 year old that goes to kindy and also has demands. At least I gave them a good start in life for 3 weeks, that is more than I managed for my son and he is healthy as, hardly ever sick.

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

ooooh Kezza I just looked at your facebook as saw the photo of your beautiful girls, they are so cute.

I went out for brunch this morning it was great and the weather was beautiful I think my doctors are feeling sorry for me.

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

If you;re on facebook too pop me a friend request :-) That's nice that they let you out for brunch. The weather has just started to warm up here at last, we've had soooo much rain this winter and spring it's unbeleivable. My poor veggie patch is totally water logged.

barney Guest

not long now azz thinking of you hope you can get some sleep hun .your doing great
    have loved following your journey xoxox

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Good morning twin mummies and mummies-to-be!

Had to get up at 545 this morning as the boys were hungry !!!!

Kezza - how did you sleep the girls in the very begining? W e think we want to put them pretty much straigth in their cots but i am wondering now if we should put them in one cot together initially?

Azza - yay out for lunch!!! Not long now - are you changing back to the private hospital?

Hello to everyone.

AFM - not much news - i have been so tired the past few days - had a hormonal emotional day on Friday - spent the day in and out of bed had a few crys but hey i'm sure there is more to come!!! My back was really hurting yesterday so had to take some panadol which is unusual for me - anyway DH has taken a sickie today so i might go and crawl back into bed and try and have a lie in with him - might not get many more!!

xxBella

Mar 2009

Hi all,

Thanks Kezza - I'm trying hard with the breastfeeding, but it is hard. Like you, I'm just happy I've been able to give them a good start. Every extra day I manage to continue from this point on is just a bonus. I've been trying to twin feed the girls but keeping them in sync is proving hard. I'm thinking I may have to start to be more flexible about it. By all accounts it should get easier soon, because they should attach more and more easily as they get older, and they should have shorter feed times too (making separate feeding maybe more of an option). Anyway, it's new challenges every day so I'm never bored at least! How are you finding bottle feeding them? I sometimes wonder if that would be even harder, the times that we've given the girls bottles of expressed milk it is all just as time consuming.

Bella - it's true, I couldn't get out of bed after the ceasarean for about 24 hours. I had an IV drip in, the epidural line in (they keep it in so you can self administer pain relief) and a catheter in, so there was just no way I could have gotten out of bed any sooner. Then for about two days I could only go down there in a wheelchair because I was too weak so someone had to come down with me.

After the babies were born I got a very very quick glimpse of each of them. It is cold in theatre and they were ultra rugged-up so definitely no time for holding them or anything. They went straight to intensive care and Dad went with them. I went to recovery and was there maybe an hour or an hour and a half. I felt pretty out of it and so was less distressed about seeing them than I thought I'd be. What was good though was that after I came out of recovery they wheeled my bed into intensive care so I could see my little girl. (Her sister had gone up to the ward with Dad and was there waiting for me.) It was hard to see her and not be able to hold her (her temperature was not stable enough for her to come out) but I'm glad I got the chance since it was a while till I could see her again.

I think you need to be prepared that you might not be able to see your babies, or if you do it might only be from a hospital bed. But do ask if they can wheel you by them after recovery. It helped me that my husband was around and he went down to see her about five times that first night so I felt she was at least feeling loved during her first night. All you can do is concentrate on getting some rest and getting stronger so you'll be in the best shape possible when you can visit. And it did also help me to concentrate on expressing as much colostrum as I could for her.

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Good afternoon,

Well I have some news on the 6th October my 2 little boys were born Harper weighing 2160g (4lb12oz) at 9.41pm and Cody weighing 1460g (3lb2oz) at 9.42pm They are both doing really well they didn't need any oxygon. It was great to hear them screaming their heads off when they came out. They are both in the nursery in incubators Harper is doing well they are thinking of putting him in an open cot in a couple of days and Cody just needs to put on weight. They are so beautiful.

On Monday I started to get really itchy there is a name for it but I can remember tit had something to do with my liver also had a scan on Tuesday and the doppler flow for Cody was not good so they booked me in Tuesday night for a c-section. It happened so quickly I haven't had time to do anything.

I will try and pop back in

Thanks my twinny mummies

barney Guest

azz way to go hun !!

you clever girl azz way to go i just love there names .

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

Congratulations on the arrival of your babyboys

Gorgeous names. GL with everything.

Jan 2009

Yay congratulations! Good sizes for premmies.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

CONGRATULATIONS AZZ...YAY YAY YAY WELL DONE HUN AND WELCOME HARPER AND CODY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your recovering well and hope the boys are staying strong and growing. I can't wait for more updates but i understand you are a little busy he he he. Take care xxxxx

AFM - i had scan and appt today - fluid around babies and blood flow through cords are perfect and the consultant doing the scan said they are looking great BUT there is still growth discrepancy twin 1 - my chubby baby was 1700g making him in the 70th percentile and twin 2 was 1200g (has only put on 200g) putting him in 30th percentile so we are looking at induction planned for 36 weeks! I am happy and excited to finally be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Anyway i'm off to bed will check in tom - stay in touch girls!

xxBella

barney Guest

not long now bella how exciting hun

Oct 2009

Hi i'm new to this site I haven't got twins but I have been pregnant with quads but lost them at 29 weeks after being punched in the stomach but i now have seven very beautiful children whoes name are Amarantha 7, Richard 5, Arizona 4, William 3, Anastrianna 2, Scott 1 and George who is six weeks old i found that my 1st trimester was hard because i was consently sick and losing alot of weight 2nd trimester was fine but the 3rd got sick again but then got assulted and lost my babies because the person who hit me hit me that hard it burst all four placenters i was also wondering does anybody know how to start a topic.

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

Ladies, hello!!!!

Azz, congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful names!!! And glad they are doing so well. Sounds like you had cholestasis - poor thing!!! But at least your little darlings are ok.

Sorry this will be short as I am whacked at the moment!! But after just over four weeks in nicu we finally brought hamish and lachie home this week. I am ecstatic and exhausted all at once, and still the happiest mama getting around.

Big love to all of you, thinking if you often
    jen xx

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Jen - great to hear your home now!

Hi to everyone sorry am going to keep this short...

How am i going to cope another 6 weeks i am sooooo uncomfortable! I know i'm whinging but back is killing me. If i walk or do much during the day i get awful pelvic pressure but if i sit/lie around all day i get stiff and really sore - i feel like i can't win! Have also been getting BH which have been quite uncomfortable. I went to the hydro pool today so am hoping that might help if i try to go each day and i have booked a pregnancy massage for Thur so if it's good then maybe i'll try to go weekly.

Any tips welcome!!!!!!

Azza hope the boys are doing well.

xxxBella

... 91718192021 ...