... 71516171819 ...

thread: 10wks pg with twins need some advice

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hi ladies,

Had my ob appt today to check my bp - all was good. So appt and scan next week! 27weeks today - yay i'm getting there - i must admit i am very egar for these boys to arrive (obviously i don't want them to really come yet!) i want to meet them and i don't really want to keep growing

Thrilled to hear the boys are stable Azz - wow who would have thought you would make it to 32weeks!!! When did you go into hosp was it 25-26weeks? you are doing so well keep it up!

will check in later.

xxBella

barney Guest

oh wow all you girls are doing a wonderful job cooking theses babies i take my hat off to you all and cant wait to see some bubs being born ( not just yet though lol ) stalking you all.

Jan 2009

Azz - just wanted to mention - your little green light came on - did you notice!

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

That great new Bella about your BP. Yaaaaah 27 weeks my gosh how time flys. Yes I was 25 weeks when I came in here and I am so over it now I really want something to happen as in YOU CAN GO HOME that would be musi to my ears. How are you founding it when you walk around now or even sleep, my back aches alot and when I walk and my hips get really sore when im sleeping m getting really uncomfortable now.

Ausgirl No I didn't notice it what does it mean?

Thanks Smithy

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Hello ladies

How the hell are you all? I have had a quick skim through and found a Triplet mummy on here!?! Good lord, how you going with that? Sorry can't remember your name, the thread is soooo long now. Have we had any births since mine? I have just got my two going through the night, hence I have time to come on and check on my twin mummy's I can't tell you what a relief it is to be finally getting some decent sleep

Things have been going pretty well considering we have NOOOOO help, what with living on the other side of the world to family and friends! Had a few hairy moments with hormones and lack of sleep, inevitable I guess. But now that we are both getting our sleep things have been a bit easier. Hard work but loving every cuddle and we are getting smiles now too so that's just lovely.

Anyway will be popping in every now and then to check on my favourite ladies

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Kezzabird - it was so lovely of you to drop by i was thinking about you last week actually and wondering how life after pregnancy was going Take care and we would love to hear more stories, tips, advice, what not to do, what is working etc etc etc please anything i'm sure will help!!!!!!!!!!

Azza - Hope your holding up strong. Whens the next scan ?Monday. If you were in Melbourne i would be coming to visit - you are an inspiration lasting so long in a hospital bed!! 6 more sleeps til 32 weeks!!!

Hi to everyone else out there.

AFM - well yesterday was really uncomfortable - i think my larger twin on the right has moved up or ever possibly flipped - my tummy all down the right side was sticking out and was SOOOOO hard and i could feel him pushing under my ribs - i have a lopsided tummy Ithink the other is laying low. My back is begining to play up again and walking yesterday was a chore (it's not usally that bad) i may have even well and truly been waddaling (?spelling)!!!! My hips get sore at night. Anyway enough whining from me as i know i don't have it that tough and certainly not as bad as others. It's been nice to have DH home but he has worked the last 2 night shifts with 2 to go - so i'm still alone!!!!!!!
    Have a lovely day everyone and i will check in later tonight.

xxxxxxBella

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

HI Ladies,

Kezza thanks for popping in so good to here from you. I second what Miss Bella said any advice would help us. I often think about how you are going but we all know how busy you would be. Glad to here you have some sort of sleeping routine now how long did it take? I can't remember how old your girls are now but it feels like you just had them. Please pop back in when you can.

Hi Miss Bella I don't think those ache pains ever go away just trying to roll over in bed is a bit painful for me now and if you think your tummy can't possibly stretch any bigger OMG it does some how. I know what you mean about the lopsided tummy how funny does it look.

AFM I have another growth scan Tomorrow at 9.00 can't wait to see what is going on in there. I had a bit of an episode today tummy tightenings and period like pain they put some hot packs on my tummy and back and the tightenings have gone but the ache pain is still there I think the boys are telling me that they are running out of room
    I will pop in tomorrow and give you an update.

Take care of yourselves xxxxxx

Jan 2009

That great new Bella about your BP. Yaaaaah 27 weeks my gosh how time flys. Yes I was 25 weeks when I came in here and I am so over it now I really want something to happen as in YOU CAN GO HOME that would be musi to my ears. How are you founding it when you walk around now or even sleep, my back aches alot and when I walk and my hips get really sore when im sleeping m getting really uncomfortable now.

Ausgirl No I didn't notice it what does it mean?

Thanks Smithy
    I replied to you - but it's not here, where did it go? Have a look at user profile at the top left and find your rep points.

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

Hi ladies

well I have no idea where the last week and a half has gone, but I wanted to let you all know that we did it!!!

We welcomed Hamish Charles and Lachlan Edward into the world last wed - 09.09.09.

Both boys were much smaller than we expected - Hish was 1.46kg and Lachlan 1.23kg- but both are doing supremely well and now out of intensive care and into the special care nursery.

I am one blissed out mama and cannot describe how much I love them. It's so intense.

C-sec was a really positive experience, Bf going reasonably well so far, and mama and daddy just enjoying staring at our little miracles

sorry it's taken so long to let you all know what's happened!!

Thinkng of you all
    Jenx

Jan 2009

Yay! So glad everything went and is still going well for you Jen.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Oh Jen - so great to hear from you - WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great to hear they are both out of ICU. Can't wait to hear more stories - but we obviously understand there are only so many hours in a day. Take care xxxxxxxx

Azz - good luck today will be thinking of you.

xxBella

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Congratulations Jen!!! What wonderful news, I know only too well how much of your time it takes up when visiting your wee ones in special care nursery, all that expressing too, it takes it's toll. Don't forget to take good care of yourself hunny it's soooo easy to get too focused on the bubs and forget about yourself.

Ladies if I can give you one piece of advice that is really important it's TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!! Taking care of the babies is soooo much hard work, but then you knew that, but once the honeymoon period is over when visitors and helpers have gone and it's just you and the babies it is really overwhelming. Mix that in with no sleep and hormones and you have a recipe for a freaked out mom. That's what happened to me. I forgot to look after me, I was too focused on bubs, some days I wasn't even getting a shower and staying in PJ's all day. I wouldn't say I had PND but definatley mild depression. Make sure you get to the hairdressers or get yourself and the babies out into some fresh air, even if it's just for a little while, it makes soooo much difference.

To get bubs through the night, I kept things quiet at feed times, no talking or smiling at bubs you must give as little interaction as poss, you don't want them stimulated at all at night time. And try to keep lighting to a minimum, just quietly change nappy feed, then put back to bed, then get the other one up and do the same. If you don't do the other one straight after he or she will only wake in a couple of hours anyway, so best to get them both done at the same time. They soon learn that night time is for sleeping and not having a chat and play :-) Another important thing to remember is if your babies are unsettled at night, comfort them and put them back in their cot as long as they have full tummies and clean bottoms there is no reason why you can't leave them to cry for 5 minutes, if they are still crying after that comfort them again but make sure you put them back into their cot, don't make the mistake of bringing them into your bed or else they will learn that if they cry they get to sleep with mom and dad. Babies learn really quickly, to get them to sleep properly at night will make your life soooo much easier. I did this method with my 5 year old boy when he was a baby too and had him sleeping through the night at 5 weeks!! Of course this may not be acceptable to all parents but it certainly worked for me and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I had anymore kids (which of course I'm not going too!!)

I'm thinking of you ladies that are sooo close, keep up the good baking girls Azz are you in Hosi babe? I've been skimming posts again, I really don't have time to read through everyones. I hope you are all well, it's sooo hard in those last few weeks.

Keep safe
    Kezza
    x

Jul 2007
    Sydney - Inner West

Hi Gals ... am always skimming this post to see where you are at but never have the chance to post. cant believe my bubbas are 3.5 months and thriving well. they are v cute now and interact alot. I just had to post after seeing kezza's post! that is so great your are sleeping through the night. i wish mine were. they do do long stretches now, but am finding i am still up through the night whether it be settling or giving them another feed (somtimes not as much as during the day). now finding they wake around 5am and cause there is sunlight coming through and no longer dark they want to be awake, even if insist and put them back in cot ... they start gurgling and gaga ing ... but agree i do the keeping things quiet and they fall straight back asleep, but dont know how to make them sleep for longer stretches. A good stretch is 6 hours and that is rare - the average good stretch is 4 hours. how many hours do yours sleep for kezza and do you have a routine going at all? What about BF'ing? I have been doing formula and BFing since day 1 but slowly slowly am doing more bottles as they are now big eaters.
    Am wishing u all lots of luck with your births and babymoons. It all goes so quick .. it is definitely hard work but wouldnt give it up in a heart beat. have been lucky to have help (in the form of mohter in law - who leaves next week) so shall be interesting!!!!!! esp now that they are a bit bigger and a bit more demanding and arent so sleepy he he! Agree with kezza look after yourself when u can and get out - a ride in the pram and car are big faves for my munchkins!
    Mon

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi mummies,

Jenc soooooo good to hear from you all that waiting in hossy and your beautiful boy are hear. I forget that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good to here they are out of NICU and have graduated to special care. Great to hear you c-section was a positive experience as I am freaking out a little bit about it but I think I am over analising it. WIsh you all the best with BF and getting them home, pop in when you can would love to hear how you are travelling.

Kezza thanks for letting us know about the sleeping pattern you have. I have routine in my head and I can only picture what I am going to do in my head but of course it could change once they are with me. I found a good routine with my DD worked really well but who knows if it will work with the boys. I also got baby blues when I had DD not sure what was going on but I kept crying for no reason I put it down to BF and lack of weight she was putting on. Yes Im in hossy on bedrest been here for 6 weeks grrrrrrr.

Mon whaooooo has it been 3.5 months time flys thanks for the advice good luck with everything expecially wit the sleeping through the night thing.

Bella is your next scan this week?

Thanks Ausgirl

AFM I had my growth scan today twin A is 1200g and twin B is 1900g the little one has put on some weight but they say they are both doing ok and said there is no reason to pull them out yet which is fine with me. The sonographer doctor also said that 34 weeks should be the cut off if they haven't come by then he see no reason for them not to be born by then but of cause It is up to my OB he will suggest some date to her so can't wait to hear what she has to say. I will be seeing her tomorrow.

Happy travelling Mummies xxxxxx

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Oh Azz sorry to hear you've been is Hossy all this time, how horrible for you, you must be going stir crazy. But you are in the right place babe, your babies weights aren't too bad, are they giving you steroid injections to boost their growth?

Mon, it's great to hear from you, I kept looking out for you before I had mine, I was itching to hear how things went. Yours are exactly a month older than mine Sending you a mahoosive high five girly, I feel like doing that every time I see other twin mummies in the street :-) And the other mums that look at you with pity and say oooooh twins that must be hard work, I feel like saying No **** sherlock!! But of course I just smile sweetly Mine aren't going through the night yet, but 7 hours is a break through :-) If yours are going 6 hours your half way there, it'll soon click your doing all the right things so just keep at it. Hats off to you for keeping up the breast feeding, I couldn't keep up with demand, I have a 5 year old to take care of too, I was just exhausted, I did last 3 weeks so I thought that was pretty good. I have invested in some cloth nappies though to try and save some pennies on disposables. I'm not solely using cloth ones, I am using disposables at night and on day trips and clothies during the day at home. Some came today that I bought on Ebay, they are from Babybehinds, they are absolutely gorgeous, am soooo pleased I got them.

Anyway I could go on for ages talking baby stuff had better go and get myself off to bed, babies have just gone down for the night so I should be in for some decent sleep again tonight

Night night loverly mummy's

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi ladies

OK I now can see the light at the end of my hossy tunnel, My OB came in today and said she has me booked in for a c-section on the 2nd October I will be 1 day short of 33 weeks I am so happy that I have a plan now and I can still go on my day leave to DD birthday on Saturday. There will be a week between my DD and the boys birthdays, but thats if nothing happens before then. I have a doppler scan book in for thursday so hopefully the are still behaving.

Kezza yes steroid shorts every week it bloody hurts.

Hope you mummes are relaxing xxxx

Jan 2009

Oh that's great news, you've done so well.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

YAY AZZ..... THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL...WELL DONE
    Thats fantastic to finally have the end in sight. As Ausgirl said - you have done so well. I hope everything goes ok with your scan today - look forward to hearing.

Well AFM - i have my first twin specific education class tonight and then scan and appt tom. Nothing really to tell here - i'm going to buy a dressing gown today from Sussans they have some really nice ones and i figure it will help to keep me decent whilst in hospital!!! Have been thinking about begining to get my hospital bags organised - just in case - it seems early but you never know and i don't really want to leave it all to DH. I feel massive no changes there! Oh and **warning TMI** i think my left breast leaked some colostrum yesterday! I noticed on my nice white singlet a patch about size 10c piece when i got changed last night????
    Oh and did anyone watch RPA last night - about the twins i cried and cried the husband looked so cute and excited!!!

Take care ladies

xxBella

... 71516171819 ...