Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Hanging in there!!

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Post First shopping experience

Thanks Leanne. I have to share this with you all.. I went shopping with the twin pram today for the first time. How surreal. I was stopped by every second person and asked the oddest questions....are they twins, are they a boy and a girl (dressed 1 in pink and 1 in blue) and are they identical I guess people just dont know what to say but feel they have to comment. Gotta love it! I am sure it is the beginning of many new experiences...it did take me a lot longer to get things done with all that stopping but how nice it was to show off our new additions. Anyway, gotta laugh! Chat later. Kim.

Hi kim, yep you sure get some strange questions from strangers, he he. Hey you have posted 50 times so you should try and upload some pics. when you get the time

Hi Kim

I Know excatly what you mean. We ended up trying not to make eye contact with people. I still get asked are they Idenital and are they twins. My boys are fraternal and look nothing alike. How is the sleep going? All the best

hey kim, was just popping in to see how you are going, cant wait to see your piccy.s. We have a mum at school who had twin boys in October and is amazing to see how much they have grown and changed over the last few months

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Default Photos of my Angels

Please find a couple of photos of all my babys at the following link http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php/photo/5366

Kim

Hi there I just snuck a peek at your precious family, absolutely beautiful, congratulations
    Looks like you have two little helpers. Thanks for giving us a sneak peak.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Wink

Hey All,
    Sleep..um well, I average about 2 lots of 2hrs a night if I am lucky! (If they feed together that is.) I am still struggling with getting a routine sorted out... it wont happen overnight but it will happen, eventually! I have organized some inhome care for a few hours a week starting in a weeks time. That will give me a little bit of head space and a brief piece of sanity. Hope you are all well. By the way...anyone got any ideas about how to settle bubs that are full of wind and are too tired to bring up their wind? Take care all. Love Kim

cograts Kim
    my answer was rockers- place them in rockers so they are upright and have a chance to ge the wind up
    It will come up eventually from either end , even if you can get it up. Apparently western society is the only society to burp their babes- amazing hey
    hang in there - the first year is a blur, but savour it as it goes soo quick

definately don't make eye contact when shopping or you are a goner!!! Wait till they ask for for the 1,000 time - you get sick of it, and they ask such stupid and personal questions- like are they natural or not- who is your favorite- some peeople should be slapped!!!

good on you for organising help
    grab those 30 mins here sleeps- they all add up and take care !!!
    if you need any advice etc just yell out
    odette

Hey Kim
    What an awesome job your doing . I hope your so proud of yourself for doing so well with your babies, I know at times you might not feel that way, but it's definately true, your a super mum.

My DS had infant colic and still has reflux. I was told, that a really good way to help them to bring up their wind is to hold them very still on your lap, straighten their back with the palm of one hand, while the other is supported under their chin, and that's it. Sounds a little strange, but it used to work for Jack. It sometimes took a few minutes of me holding him is this position, but eventually he would bring it up. The key is, the straigter their back the better. And it was a great way when he was half asleep in the middle of the night. HTH some Let me know if you want me to explain it a little clearer for you, I'm not the best for describing things

And I agree with Odette, a rocker or swing is a great investment. I used a Fisher and Price take along swing, and my DS pretty much lived in it from birth on top of our dining table out of the reach of our then 13 month old, he he he

Again, well done Kim for all you have accomplished.
    Last edited by Meluchja; March 2nd, 2008 at 02:05 PM.

Hi Kim,

Your babies are so wonderful. Love the photos. Hope all is well

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Wink

Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys. Much appreciated. I have 2 swinging rockers and I am already using the vertical back burping technique. (I love that wiggle they get going just before they are going to belch! haha) I had both the bubs at doctor for their 2wk check up (how time flys)...Both are 8lb (3.55kg) and 53cm long. Thriving bubs. Erin is a dream to feed and burp. My son, Logan is a nightmare. I can have her feed and resettled within half an hr but he takes almost an hr to consume his bottle. What the? It is driving me insane. Any suggestions I had to do my first car load and unload on a time limit today...I only had to travel 5 mins down the road and started 20mins early to arrive just in time for swimming lessons. Wow..time consuming tasks in abundance with 4 kids to contend with!!! Oh, the joys of it all.

my two would take over an hour to have 120mm of ebm, but they were prems. perhaps look at the teat size or the bottle type that you are using. Try a different type.
    HTH
    odette

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks Odette. Logan seems to have progressed and some feeds are down to 45mins. The teets are actually helping him keep his tongue down to allow him to suck correctly (I think it is a suck/swallow problem?). He is learning and with time it will continue to improve. Heres hoping anyway

Heaps of congratulations Kim on the safe arrival of Logan and Erin. Haven't been able to check emails for a couple of weeks, but just wanted to send my best wishes to you.
    M

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks Mandy. How are you going? Kim.

Hi Kim,
    I'm hanging in there, providing the girls don't have other ideas, I'm booked for a caesar on 28/3.
    Have been very lucky with my pregnancy, I've got Gestational Diabetes, which is a bit of a nuisance, but I've pretty much got it under control with diet, so really can't complain.
    Trying to enjoy the peace and quiet before the onslaught, but very excited too.
    I don't have email access very often at the moment, which is a pain, but will try and post after the babies arrive.
    Glad to hear your babies are happy and healthy. Tried to click on the link to see their pics, but I mustn't have access??
    Anyway, take care of yourself and will check in when I can to get updates and hints.
    M x

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey Mandy. Good to hear you are doing well. Have they given you any idea how big your girls are? How exciting...not long to go now! Today my precious poppets are 3wks old and have already put on 400grams and have grown 2cm each!!! It still feels so surreal and I can see my own feet!! Thats hilarious and I am sure you can relate!! I hope you are managing to get plenty of rest..enjoy it while you can Looking forward to hearing your great news soon. Take care. Kim.

Thanks Kim,
    I've got the final ultrasound tomorrow afternoon, so I guess they'll give me an estimate of their weights then (although, I've read on here not to rely on it for accuracy). Hopefully they should be reasonable weights, the longer they keep cooking the better of course.
    Will let you know (when I can), when they arrive.
    Keep up the good work with your beauties.
    Mandy

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast