Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Thanks girls

Well me again. I had my first steriod injection today, in my buttocks!! It was ok though. I have also updated the website again, Journal and photos.

Hi Tam, glad things are going well. What is the steriod injection for? Hope you are going okay in the hot weather.

The steriods are to mature the babies lungs should I go itno labour and deliver prem. The hot weather has been great, I love the hot weather.

Thanks for that, I am glad you like the hot weather, I was pregnant last summer and I really felt it and I only had one!

Tam how many injections and how often do you need to have them?
    Sounds like things are still going well. Are you planning on vag birth or will you have nto have the c sect?
    cheers michelle

Today I had my latest check up at the hospital and again saw Dr Matthews. The more we see him the less weird he seems. Trent has actually started calling him House (as in the TV show) as he is just as blunt as what he is. It is good but you get taken aback at first.

My blood pressure is still normal 120/70 with my fundal height (uterus size) now measuring at 38cm. Both babies heartbeats are doing well but how fast I don't know as he doesn't record them (not necessary in his mind).

He then went over my notes from the ultrasound I had on Oct 26th and explained a few things to us. I mentioned in my last update about one of the cords showing resistance, when in my notes it says that both are. This means that the circulation from the placenta to the baby is not doing as well as they would like. Also with one twin measuring smaller (by about 30-40%) there are a few concerns there. Due to both of these concerns I am having another ultrasound this Friday and then I am having another appointment next Monday to go over the notes. From now on I will only be seeing Dr Matthews (he is the head obstetrician) due to the concerns he now has.

Also he said that twin 1 now feels like it is back in the breech postion (both were head down last ultrasound) but this is something else that will be checked at the ultrasound. If twin 1 is breech and doesn't move it means I will have to have a c-section. This doesn't bother me as long as they are both healthy I don't mind how they arrive.

I will update you all again on Monday after the ultrasound and check-up.

Another belly photo will also be added at some stage this week.

Janelle, yeah the heat I can handle.

Michelle, I have had another injection today then another in a fortnight and 1 more in another fortnight after that. thay are ok though.

Clare hope all goes well with the next U/S, please let us know. You and I are travelling roughly about the same, my fundal is 37cm.

Just locking this thread - Here we start again

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678